Tom Brady, Michael Strahan team up for a TV series

Getty Images

No, it’s not another remake of The Odd Couple, although one of the guys about to be named is a failed sitcom actor and the other had a successful cameo in Ted 2 as a potential donor of something other than blood. Via the Hollywood Reporter, Hall of Fame defensive end Michael Strahan and Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will team up for a new TV series that explores the impact of sports in society.

The Audience Network offering dubbed Religion of Sports debuts on November 15. Strahan and Brady will serve as two of eight executive producers.

“I’ll never forget watching ‘The Catch’ in Candlestick Park with my dad,” Brady said in a statement issued Wednesday. “I was four years old, in awe of it all. In a lot of ways, I’ve dedicated my life to replicating that feeling. Now, playing on the same stage as my childhood idols, I’m fortunate to have a pretty unique perspective on football and the sports world. I can think of no better vehicle than Religion of Sports to share some of what I’ve learned and dig a little deeper into that feeling, the sort of spiritual experience that sports creates for players and fans alike.”

Said Strahan: “Growing up in Germany, I never imagined myself to be a professional athlete. At that point, I was a professional fan. Watching the reaction of the country when Germany won the World Cup back in 1990 showed another level of fandom that I had never seen. Sports can be that void that brings everyone together regardless of any barriers socio-economic standing, race, and religion. To be a part of this project, Religion of Sports, brings full circle the things that I have learned as a child without even knowing that in some ways, I was having a religious experience. Religion of Sports will be the bridge that connects the passion of religion with the passion of sports.”

The first season will look at, among other things, NASCAR events, the CFL’s Calgary Stampede, and the rise of the UFC.

Eventually, look for Brady to pitch a Religion of Sports episode that tackles the Science of #Deflategate. Or basically anything other than a documentary based on Super Bowl XLII.

38 responses to “Tom Brady, Michael Strahan team up for a TV series

1. “Or basically anything other than a documentary based on Super Bowl XLII.”

I’m a Pats fan and I would gladly watch that documentary. It isn’t all about the final score. That was one of the best SB’s ever played. An in your face edge of the seat defensive gem where every play was magnified because of the how tight the score was. Brady took a pounding and just kept getting up, Strahan said afterwards he couldn’t believe he just kept coming. Eli escaping the grasp of three separate defenders to launch that ball to Tyree is my lasting visual when I consider him as a player. The Giants were the better team that Sunday by just enough and that’s what it’s all about, doing what it takes to win. What a phenomenal game that was, although I have to admit I wish the score had gone the other way.

2. If Brady hires a speech coach, he will be excellent on television. He has the looks, he is popular but he is not very articulate.

3. That actually sounds like a pretty good pairing, two articulate athletes that are humble and reflective. Strahan is clearly the more polished TV personality, but Brady should be able to show his mounting fan base another side that people outside New England don’t get to see.

4. Maybe they can do one on the “Great Satan” your hero Goodell. And someone tell the raidernation guy I was 5 old and at the game when Jack Tatum “The Assassin” purposely parallelized Daryl Stingly. I clearly remember it. And you whine about the legal Tuck Rule.

5. chesswhileyouplaycheckers says:
    Sep 1, 2016 10:55 AM

“Or basically anything other than a documentary based on Super Bowl XLII.”

————-

Exactly!

People that think they are cranking Pats fans with 18-1 comments just don’t get it.

6. Stray an I find entertaining and honest Brady not at all. Brady is a fraud who will lie for personal gain, but at least let might get some of the Brady trolls off PFT while they have their “religious” experience with their false god…..amusing.

7. Strahan is entertaining and has a good delivery in a very believable way. Brady is and will always be viewed as one who will lie to achieve his goals…like Ray Lewis. A good thing will the show may pull some of the Brady wing nuts off this site, which would make the show worth it. But wake me when it’s cancelled.

8. sometime in the future there are going to be a lot of you people who will realize that Brady is not the person you believe him to be.

probably when Godell screws your team over.

9. Nofoolnodrool says:
    Sep 1, 2016 11:24 AM

Does it suck for you to know that “fraud” owns your Steelers?

And all this time you thought it was the Rooney family.

10. lscottman3 says:
    Sep 1, 2016 11:49 AM

probably when Godell screws your team over.
    ———–

most will never admit it though.

11. citizenstrange says:
    Sep 1, 2016 11:17 AM
    The show s/b called “Leave it to Cheaters.” Strahan needed Favre cheating to hand him the sack record and Brady needs cheating 24/7.

***********************************
    and fans of teams have been beaten like a rented mule by these winners NEED excuses to feel better.

12. Brady is a fraud

Nah, that’s just the Steelers and their so called 6 titles.

4 as a direct result from PED cheating, as admitted by Terry Bradshaw.

1 from the refs. Only time in history has a ref apologized to the other team for “impacting the result of the game”

1 with Dr Rydze’s “help”.

0 untainted.

The end. Tee hee 🙂

Cheers!

🙂

13. Nofoolnodrool says:
    Sep 1, 2016 11:37 AM
    ================

If by wingnuts you mean the Brady and Patriots obsessed haters then I would be all for that, their constant trolling is infantile

14. LOL it’s not Goodell screwing over your team. He’s the fall guy for the owners. Remember the owners signed off on the CBA that gave Goodell the power or to be the whipping boy. Funny how you “wicked smaht” Pats fans don’t realize this.

15. As for Strahan… look for the youtube video where he gives his take on the play near the end of Super Bowl 42 where Brady launched a bomb that travelled almost 70 yards in the air and Moss in my opinion should have come down with it…

He said that play felt like it took 5 years off his life. 🙂 Thought it was interesting to hear that.

16. superpatriotsfan(fraud) says:

LOL it’s not Goodell screwing over your team. He’s the fall guy for the owners. Funny how you “wicked smaht” Pats fans don’t realize this.
    ==============================

we realize it, and we know who the select group of owners are.

we watch as their players go down each season.

romo
    flacco
    cruz

maybe its time you started to realize

17. After reading some of the comments, I can see that, per usual, a lot of bozos read the headline, then skipped right to the comments section.

18. Strahan wouldn’t be getting any of these gigs if he had played outside of NY.

It was 3-4 years before he even started to contribute to Fox Pregame. The first couple of seasons he was terrible, but they kept him anyway.

19. LyinRogerMustGo says:
    Sep 1, 2016 12:21 PM
    Brady is a fraud

Nah, that’s just the Steelers and their so called 6 titles.

4 as a direct result from PED cheating, as admitted by Terry Bradshaw.

1 with Dr Rydze’s “help”.

0 untainted.

The end. Tee hee🙂

Cheers!
    🙂

3 0

So great that Sheldon of The Big Bang Theory saw fit to comment, but it needs some truth to be added . Brads haws admission is no big deal because PED use had not been banned as you already know. Dr Rydze was never convicted of giving a Steeler player anything and was indict a year after terminating his relationship with the team
    I can see why you would love watching Tammy because he enjoys lying as much as you do Shelden.

20. Nofoolnodrool says:
    Sep 1, 2016 12:50 PM
    “Brads haws admission is no big deal because PED use had not been banned as you already know.”
    — Steeler apologists love saying that but it’s just not true. Yes steroids were legal at the time but only if you got them from a doctor with a valid prescription for a valid medical reason. Using them or any prescription drug the way the Steelers did as a performance enhancing drug? I’m afraid that was never legal in this country. 🙂

And not just that… he actually said in reference to his PED use.. quote – “what I did was wrong”. Why on earth would he say such a thing about a legal practice? 🙂

He and his team cheated, by his own admission.

“Dr Rydze was never convicted of giving a Steeler player anything and was indict a year after terminating his relationship with the team”
    — Yes I’m sure the $125K purchase of HGH and illegal steroids that he did make during his employment with the team was for his medicine cabinet. Riiight. 🙂 He left the team but that doesn’t mean the help he already gave the team left with him. 🙂

Look at your boy HGHarrison. Couldn’t stick with an NFL roster before he met Dr Rydze… became great with his “help”… and then quickly fell off after he left. Huh. Go figure. 🙂

21. tedmurph says:
    Sep 1, 2016 12:56 PM
    Droolboy is just a tool. There’s just no other way to put it.
    ———————-

Well now you’ve gone and done it Murph, there will be name calling and breath holding to follow at some point

22. And not just that… he actually said in reference to his PED use.. quote – “what I did was wrong”. Why on earth would he say such a thing about a legal practice?

Guess being a Pat’s fan prevents you from understanding legally wrong and morally wrong. Why on earth would Brady say I don’t think I cheated…..? I guess that shoe fits a little tight there Sheldon…eh?

23. And not just that… he actually said in reference to his PED use.. quote – “what I did was wrong”. Why on earth would he say such a thing about a legal practice?

—-
    It was both legally and morally wrong and Bradshaw knew it…hence his mea culpa. 🙂

I don’t think any QB would put their legacy under question by saying such a thing when there was nothing to be guilty about both legally and morally. 🙂

And the “I don’t think I cheated” thing is just a silly red herring as it is completely irrelevant to whether he did or didn’t. See Armstrong, Lance.

But you knew that. 🙂

#Bazinga

24. Nofoolnodrool says:
    Sep 1, 2016 1:57 PM

—————————

He actually said:

“I don’t believe so.” “I feel like I’ve always played within the rules. I would never do anything to break the rules. I believe in fair play, and I respect the league.”

That there is a pretty good response, given that we now know that the NFL lied about the air pressure level of the footballs used by the Patriots.

25. I don’t think any QB would put their legacy under question by saying such a thing when there was nothing to be guilty about both legally and morally.🙂

Badaboom!

26. That is just an opinion unsupported by facts as usual and who respects the opinion of someone who says Tee Hee ….Sheldon.

Oh he did say it, that isn’t opinion and it’s pretty obvious why he did. 🙂

Tee hee 🙂 U mad?

27. I guess little Sheldon doesn’t know Terry very well. Mad? Absolutely not I enjoy getting the shallow end of the gene pool stirred up. It’s amusing to to be accused of name calling while being called a name.

Sheldon I hope you enjoy Tammy’s attempt at not lying on air….should be amusing.