LeSean McCoy travels with Bills to Miami

Getty Images

Bills running back LeSean McCoy still may not play in Sunday’s game at Miami with a hamstring injury, but he still hasn’t been ruled out.

McCoy has made the trip to South Florida, PFT confirms. The news was first reported by Jeff Darlington of ESPN.

While it’s possible a ruse aimed at making the Dolphins think they’ll be facing McCoy, if his hamstring injury is bad enough to keep him from playing, it wouldn’t be a good idea to take him to Miami.

This doesn’t mean McCoy will definitely play. But it means that he still could.

37 responses to “LeSean McCoy travels with Bills to Miami

1. Really activates it? You mean aggravates? The only thing he is going to aggravate is the dolphins D

2. kissbillsrings says:
    Oct 22, 2016 5:16 PM
    I hope he plays…. & really activates it
    ________________________________
    So you wish harm to an NFL player? For what reason? You must be a Patriot Fan.

3. if his hamstring injury is bad enough to keep him from playing, it wouldn’t be a good idea to take him to Miami.
    ____________________________

I’m no doctor, but someone educate me. Why would a plane ride to Miami be a bad idea for someone with a strained hamstring?

4. steelerfan63 says:
    Oct 22, 2016 5:33 PM
    Who wouldnt want to take a free plane ride from Buffalo to Miami?

*****************************************

I have ben in both places. I would walk to Miami if it meant getting out of Buffalo.

5. billsfan
    Oct 22, 2016, 5:42 PM EDT
    ____________________________

*******

Because there is no benefit in traveling just to stand on a sideline.

But there is plenty of benefit in staying behind and getting treatment at the team facilities and resting up at home on the sofa.

6. If he’s not ruled out, why wouldn’t the bills bring the best RB in the league to Miami. If he plays the bills will run for 300+ yards. If he doesn’t play they’ll probably only run for a mere 200+

7. That Rex… he’s such a sneaky guy! I’m sure Miami is completely befuddled about what to do…

8. kissbillsrings says:
    Oct 22, 2016 5:16 PM
    I hope he plays…. & really activates it
    ________________________________________
    That really shows you the education up there in the Boston area school.

9. You realize the primary doctors who will be working with an injured player, ecspecially a player like Lesean McCoy, will be in Miami for the game? He’s not missing anything in terms of treatment by travelin with the team. There are actually better sports medicine facilities in Florida than most of the US, that’s where the owners/operators of IMPACT sports are from, so he could still be receiving treatment, in an even better environment. I’m sure you knew that already, though.

10. Because there is no benefit in traveling just to stand on a sideline.

________________

No benefit? You don’t play poker, do you?
    Plus, everyone, who would give him “treatment” (medical staff), will be standing on the sideline.

11. billswillnevermove says:
    Oct 22, 2016 6:31 PM
    That really shows you the education up there in the Boston area school.
    ==================

A guy knocking another’s quality of education might have been better served to go with ‘Boston area schools’ rather than “Boston area school.”

12. hmmm so do I start him for fantasy football tomorrow or go with Mike Gillislee?

Wish I had gone with Davante Adams instead of cameron meredith.

13. Nothing wrong with traveling with your teammates. Also, why pass up the opportunity to relax in Miami for a few days? I am sure Shady will be just fine. I just hope he doesn’t make a bad decision when it comes to playing and maybe making it a whole lot worse.

14. “You must be a Patriot Fan.”

What, like Terripet ? The Bills fan who has made numerous comments hoping for injuries to Brady, Gronk, Edelman and half the rest of the Pats?

There are lousy people in every group, and the Bills fans are no different from the Pats fans from any other group in that respect.

15. ecarlso8 says:
    Oct 22, 2016 7:56 PM
    He will get Good treatment in Miami……
    _____________

Geriatric care and cosmetic surgery probably aren’t on his list

16. billsfan says:
    Oct 22, 2016 6:51 PM
    Because there is no benefit in traveling just to stand on a sideline.

________________

No benefit? You don’t play poker, do you?
    ******

No, I don’t play poker. But if your logic is that the benifit of “bluffing” at the NFL level, outweighs the benifits of skipping all of the unnecessary travel (and stress on the hamstring), I’d say that you probably don’t understand how the NFL works (no offense).

If the injury was serious enough to keep him out of the line up, he would have stayed behind for treatment and rest at home.

He’s a running back. Not Jim Kelly. Miami will game plan the same either way. Ryan is a run first coach.

The fact that he traveled tells me that he is a true game time decision and more likely than not to play.

No coach, not even Rex would be dumb enough to travel with him, if he already knew that McCoy wasn’t playing.

So no, the old poker bluff logic does not apply here.

17. Such a Rex thing to do.
    Gamesmanship all the way into Sunday (when we have to know for sure who’s active or not).
    If he plays and gets injured worse (very real possibility), Rex will never hear the end of it.
    Too valuable a player to risk it.

18. ReligionIsForIdiots says:

ReligionIsForIdiots says:
    Oct 22, 2016 8:42 PM
    16-0
    ______________

Easily the most pious of PFT posters
    ————-

I appreciate the love, even though I have absolutely no idea who you are. Judging by the user name, a bible thumping, trump supporting dinosaur.

21. I can educate people wondering why a plane ride is bad for a hamstring injury, speaking from experience. If your strained hamstring is serious enough to keep you from playing being seated for 3 hours will stiffen it up tremendously. If they knew he wasn’t playing he would be in Buffalo getting treatments. And when he wasn’t getting treatments he wouldn’t be seated for 3 hrs consecutively like on a plane ride. Trust me it’s too uncomfortable with a significant hamstring injury to do that.

22. It don’t matter WHO shows up – it’s gonna be a long day for our Miami D! Last week we caught Pittsburgh looking ahead
    – nothing more, now IF Buffalo leaves South Fl. with a loss – I MIGHT just start becoming a believer that this season may not be a TOTAL train wreck after all !!

23. nflfollower says:
    Oct 22, 2016 9:44 PM

****

Absolutely. And it’s not just the plane ride itself. It’s the airport, it’s the hotel, it’s all of the UNNECESSARY stress he’s putting on it.

There is absolutely no way, he’d of made the trip if he was doubtful (in reality, not in designation). The idea that it would “benefit” the team to bluff, is just silly. And that’s putting it nicely.

24. The Bills are going to be defeated so badly today that the entire Western NY region will be humiliated. Miamis WRs will be running free in the Bills secondary and scoring at will. This game will start the Bills on a 4 game losing streak and ensure that both Whaley and Ryan are fired at the end of the year.

25. ReligionIsForIdiots says:
    Oct 22, 2016 9:16 PM
    _________________

Congratulations! 1 out of 3 is significantly better than what you normally post. The user name is a nod to my favorite money pit . I am an agnostic and a constitutionalist but no doubt anyone over 40 is a dinosaur to a 17 year old.