Mike Tomlin: I regret my language, will discipline Antonio Brown

Getty Images

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is sorry he called the Patriots “a–holes” and sorry that Steelers receiver Antonio Brown chose to film Tomlin saying it and broadcast it for the world.

Commenting for the first time on Brown’s bizarre decision to broadcast the Steeler’s postgame locker room on Facebook Live on Sunday night, Tomlin said today that he is sorry for the language he uses, and wishes he hadn’t been shown that way in his role as the leader of the Steelers.

“The language on the video is regrettable, by me and by others,” Tomlin said, via Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “That’s why we go to great lengths to preserve certain moments and interactions between us. As a parent, as a member of the community I take that very seriously. I issue an apology in that regard.”

“It was foolish of him to do that, selfish and inconsiderate. It was violation of our policy and league policy,” Tomlin said. “He’s a great player, respected in the locker room, but incidents such as this don’t help him in that regard.”

Tomlin said he hasn’t yet spoken to Brown about the matter, but will deal with it and then move on to preparing for the Patriots.

175 responses to “Mike Tomlin: I regret my language, will discipline Antonio Brown

1. no punishment, simply lip service…that aside I hope the steelers kick their bleeps and im a cowboys fan

2. Why did he speak to the press before Brown? Kind of odd.

Anyway, he doesn’t owe an apology. Does anyone think the Patriots or any team doesn’t talk about Pittsburgh that way before games?

3. As a Patriots fan, the last thing that bothered me about that video was Tomlin calling the Pats a-holes. I think there was a little bit of a “whoa” in actually hearing it, but what does anyone expect? Why wouldn’t he think that? Why wouldn’t he privately use that to pump up his team? I don’t think an apology was necessary. As a matter of fact, he owes no one an explanation at all.

The problem is Brown.

4. Antonio Brown is a heckuva good receiver. But he makes some really bad/selfish/questionable choices. Nothing criminal that we know of, but some really dumb choices none the less. Between the dances and this, he impresses me as an incredibly immature person.

6. The stuff that is said in a locker room is suppose to be private , with that being said I have no problem with Tomlin saying what he said. Whats he suppose to say ” where going up there to lose”…Hes got a job to motivate his team and thats what hes was doing. Personally every team I ever played on after a game , albeit not NFL , was listening to the coach talk after the game. I was more suprised by Browns actions then Tomlins……….

7. .
    “I issue an apology in that regard ”

_____________

Who are you apologizing to, Mike? And for what? You issued a coward’s apology, avoiding culpability and responsibility.

8. Someone used profanity in an NFL locker room.
    I’m shocked and terribly hurt.

Tomlin addressed the team privately and did nothing wrong. I’m sure every HC says something similar.

9. Davo says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:24 PM
    ——————————————————————–

10. Pittsburgh had better handle their business.

Do not want the patsies in the big game…again.

Then again, I don’t want dallas or pitt to add to their hardware collection.

I just became the biggest falcons fan ever.

Sorry atl, I jinxed it for you.

Go Raiders

11. Tomin gonna lay the hammer down. (ie: Antonio just lost his phone privileges on Friday from 9am to 9:30 am)

12. Okay davo Wes Welker was a good Wr but he’s not Antionio Brown on the field. You could sit Welker a quarter for a playoff game cause he was never 4 yards from the line of scrimmage & not a play maker. A 3rd string Rb could do his job.. AB is top 2 Wr in the game & difference maker.

13. Anything that anybody says or does can now be caught on a phone and uploaded for the world to see or hear in seconds. Welcome to the new world.

14. Far worse language gets used in high school locker rooms. The only apology required should be Brown’s to Tomlin.
    It was hysterical to hear Tomlin’s admonishment to stay off social media being streamed live though. As for Brown’s ‘discipline’ it will probably amount to the team version of no dessert after dinner.

15. I am more appalled by the (fake) apology than the original profanity. Why would anyone apologize for trying to motivate his team? Using profanity like he did is just part of the normal adult male vocabulary. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a total dweeb.

Now apologizing publicly for something that you have no regrets having done, and will no doubt continue to do (in private) is facetious and contemptible.

16. 2dollarpbrs says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:26 PM

—————-

Brown may be looking at a fat fine from the league office there. The league has gotten ridiculous on controlling all forms of media and did issue a warning they were cracking down on social media it was clear that they wanted full control with nothing goung out even on social media without going through them. So not being a Patriot is not going to help Brown if he just stepped on Goodells desire to be in control.

17. 2dollarpbrs says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:26 PM
    I believe what Brown did is against the NFL rules. If this was a Patriot the outrage would be full blown by now.

If Brown was a Patriot (and, frankly, I wish he was) he would have been disemboweled by Belichick for posting a video from within the locker room.

18. I’m not a Steelers nor Tomlin fan by any means, but he doesn’t owe anyone an apology. That was locker room talk, not for public consumption, and he was obviously unaware that he was being filmed.

Besides, does anyone disagree about the Patriots and Belichick being a-holes? Heck, I kinda wish he would have said something about their fanbase while he was at it too.

19. I dont really give a damn about the language, and his description of Brown is dead-on….but…..
    That’s a weird way to motivate a team, by making excuses about the other team having more time off than you; and it’s also weird that he would talk to the press before he talks to Brown. But its his team and he’s been successful…

20. Davo says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:24 PM
    +++++++++++++

It was the first offensive series.
    Welker did take the first kick off though.

21. First #yatchgate now #videogate, when will players of certain teams learn to limit unnecessary distractions? Especially before playing the biggest game of their pro careers.

22. udontknowjaq says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:33 PM

——————-/

I must be losing my mind. I could swear I saw Welker make plays from time to time back in those days.

23. Being a PATS fan, Tomlin talking in his locker room about the PATS didn’t bother me one bit. It’s his locker room, the issue is his player who disrespected him by not listening to him and thinking he’s bigger than the team himself.

24. As a fan, it was great to be there, right in the middle of it all after a big win. However, those moments are sacred, to be shared amongst the team, and AB should not have broadcasted it live for the world to see. As for Tomlin calling the Pats A-Holes, Who Cares? It’s football. They’re the enemy. Win or lose, there will be smiles and handshakes. You can’t fault a coach for being passionate after a big win on the road. If you don’t think other coaches use profanities towards other teams/players, you’re a fool.

Now, let’s all move on…nothing more to see here.

25. JayShockblast says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:22 PM

The problem is Brown.

————

Well stated, nice post.

26. This guy is a total clown. It was only regrettable becuz u made yourself look like the idiot u are.

I hope Hoodie runs up the score on this clown.

Be a man and own your words ur true feelings. Dont BS people w your lame apology

27. I just find it weird when Brown goes live and then just holds the phone up facing his face, and he just grins at the phone for minutes at a time not saying anything or moving… they make pictures for that Antonio…

28. Antonio Brown is such a stud WR. He has always been a class example of being a professional, but towards the end of last year and this season he seems to be turning into another WR diva. Tons of celebration penalties that hurt his team, now this. He is better than that. Let’s go AB, get your head together.

29. Hate the steelers but Tomlin has nothing to apologize for. Troy Brown is an idiot. the video wasn’t showing anything but his stupid face and the other idiots not listening to their coach speak and trying to get likes up.

30. Ironically, the Raiders seemingly had the best chance to stop NE until Carr went down. Maybe next year!!!

31. Davo says:

——————–

Actually, Welker went out for a punt return and then sat for only the first possession. Plus, Welker made the comments about Rex Ryan, whereas here it was Tomlin who made the comments and AB made the mistake of posting it.

32. jamaltimore says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:45 PM
    ————
    LMFA@Troy Brown!!

33. As a Patriots fan I have no issues with what Tomlin said – its is called ‘locker room talk’ for a reason – by comparison that stuff was pretty tame.

However I do think its telling that one of his (star) players felt it was fine to share it with the world – that is more telling what kind of hold he does (or doesn’t) have over his team.

34. Will Small Ben in Big Games be able to put up more than the 16 points that Brock Osweiler put up?
    _______________

He’s got 2 rings, did you not see that corner fade to Holmes against Arizona?

What about the game winning rive against their biggest rivals this year to win the division?

Not saying they will win but don’t act like he can’t perform under pressure.

35. It’s really frustrating that so many of these players who are very well paid (although spoiled and pampered jocks) show no common sense…..

36. He’s not sorry for calling them aholes, he’s sorry that you had to hear it because one of his dumb players was stupid enough to live stream the post game speech so he can gain new followers….Pats fans thing this is going to be an easy game, when Tomlin has Ben, Bell and Brown playing in a big game, he’s tough to beat….I smell upset

37. AB is starting to get some Chad Johnson feeling about him. Guy who worked harder than everyone else, started to get some success and craved the fame that went along with it. Hopefully for him when times start getting tough he is part of the solution instead of the problem like Chad was.

38. “That’s why we go to great lengths to preserve certain moments and interactions between us.”

He should have left this line out. This changes the translation to, “I’m sorry I got caught.”

39. The truly amazing part is how even after a teammate warns everybody to be careful on social media Brown continues to broadcast for 15 more minutes. Guy simply doesn’t have a clue or doesn’t care about anybody but himself.

40. jvw1982 says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:52 PM

_______________________

Not one Patriot fan I know is taking this game lightly. Not one.

41. As a Pats fan, I’d rather see him apologize for his false accusations of headset issues a few years ago (when the NFL controls the headsets and these issues happen in all stadiums) than this as I don’t see what the big deal was here.

In fact, Antonio Brown should be the one apologizing to Tomlin as that was a bizarre move and made his coach look bad.

42. If I played for the Pats, which I don’t,. I’d considerate Tomlin’s words as a compliment. Recognition to the whole team that NE is the superior team. Not exactly motivational. He and his wholeteam are scared to lose.
    Pretty poor coaching frankly

43. I am sure the Patriots will use this as motivation to really lay the wood to the Steelers and blow them out of the stadium. Not normally a fan of either team but the Steelers have not shown much class lately with the Joey Porter debacle and now this. GO PATS!

44. Davo says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:24 PM

=========================================

45. Reminds me of the time Belichick sat Welker for the first quarter of a playoff game against the Jets. Wonder if Tomlin has the cojones to do the same.
    ——————————————————

No and nor should he. The Pats ended up losing that game.

46. I’m not buying that he regrets saying it. I do think he regrets that it got out. Brown of course deserves blame for that, but then who is in charge of this team? It’s hard to believe Brown was paying no attention at all to the coach speaking.

Who is running the show there?

47. jamaltimore says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:45 PM

——–

Antonio Brown, not Troy.

48. Well, GOODELL should show some leadership and suspend A. Brown for actions detrimental to preserving the integrity of the game. This is a blatant disregard for League rules as Mr. Tomlin states and swift action should be handed down starting with Brown’s ineligibility for this weekend’s AFC game in Foxboro.

49. I’m a devout Steelers’ fan, but these selfish actions by AB and others, is the reason I’m not as passionate about the game like I used to be. Putting Tomlin’s in-house locker room comments to his team on Instagram was more important to Brown than showing respect to the organization. Although Tomlin’s comments were hardly derogatory, it still creates bulletin board material for the Pats. Brown is going to be paid a king’s ransom in the near future by either the Steelers or another team. I know he’s great and all that, but if it’s by another team, I’m not going to shed a tear.

50. He should not regret it. Coaches and players say lots of things in the confidence of the locker room. He should be more concerned about what AB did. That’s the big issue, not what was said

51. sidelinecreeper says:
    Jan 17, 2017 1:16 PM
    =========================================
    I’m a Patriots fan and find this to be pretty funny. The coach is telling his team not to do anything stupid on social media and his own guy records that and the coach calling the Patriots a-holes. If you can’t find any humor there, then you are in serious need of a vacation.

52. Reminds me of the time Belichick sat Welker for the first quarter of a playoff game against the Jets. Wonder if Tomlin has the cojones to do the same.
    ——————————————————

No and nor should he. The Pats ended up losing that game.

———

Ahem…Welker sitting out on the opening drive where they were steamrolling trhe Jets and Brady threw an awful INT into a sea of green shirts, had nothing to do with Welker not on the field on the opening drive.

If they went 3 and out on the opening drive, then that stupid premise might have 2 feet to stand on.

53. Anyone on a sports team knows that kind of talk is nothing in a locker room. The issue for Tomlin is his phony tough guy act combined with the endless whining, excuses, and inability to control his locker room. He looks like a fool.

54. Tomlin shouldn’t have to apologize. it’s locker room talk. everyone does those things. this is a story being stoked by people uninformed to locker room culture.

55. Brown betraying locker room privacy is a problem.
    The Pats getting called names isn’t a problem for the Steelers or the Pats.
    *hole is practically a compliment in this context.
    Call a player “slow” or “weak” or “soft” if you want to sting him.

56. What made the whole thing even funnier is the team prayer led by Tomlin followed by calling the Patriots A-holes. You can’t make this stuff up. The A-hole stuff is okay, but football has nothing to do with religion. That stuff should be taken to church and not a locker room.

57. Improper videotaping and under-inflated footballs in the same season. Good thing the Patriots got off so easy in their penalties, now there won’t be any harsh precedents for the Steelers.

58. Brown is the idiot in all of this. Nothing but locker room talk which in this case it was pretty mild. But to record and broadcast this to everyone is beyond stupid. Doesn’t really matter, they’re going to lose anyway.

59. Bill sat Welker damn near the entire first quarter of the 2010 divisional loss to the Jets for mentioning feet in a press conference. I highly doubt Brown will see anything even close to that, if anything at all.

60. As punishment, the refs will overlook only 95% of the Steelers’ face mask and holding penalties compared with the usual 99%. And the number of fabricated calls on the Patriots will be limited to only those that negate a score.

61. pastabelly:
    Maybe you didn’t read this article in full..

Mike Tomlin: “Tomlin also said the Steelers will issue an internal punishment to Brown, and he indicated he thinks the league may punish Brown as well.”

Regardless of the comedic irony in this situation, the NFL has rules.. when broken, there are repercussions.

The NFL will have something to say about this, that is for sure!

62. If Joey Porter doesn’t even miss a game for grabbing and lifting a cop at a bar while drunk in public? Antonio Brown has very little to worry about, internal-discipline-wise.

63. citizenstrange says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:20 PM

*****

Landry Jones put up 16….

64. I am beginning to wonder how many of the people that post comments on here have ever played organized sports. I know that every coach I have had from 6 years old thru college spoke that way in the locker room. I am not saying it was the smartest or the right thing to do, but most athletes talk that way.

65. Make no mistake, every microphone, snow plow and drone in NE will be put to use this week. Kraft is double checking his list of hotel workers to make sure everyone’s on the payroll. The cheating will be epic. I bet Belichick has his BFF Trump getting the Russians in on it too.

66. NFL–Narcissistic Football League. Maybe Brown is a by-product of the “All About Me” mentality that pervades in the NFL. Where else can a DB pound his chest and do a little dance when he makes a bone-crushing hit on a receiver . . . after a 20-yard gain for a first down?

67. Tomlin did nothing wrong, that’s for sure.

So the Steelers couldn’t even get into the KC endzone and the Patriots stuck the Texans #1 rated defense in all of the NFL with 34 points. Will be interesting to see what happens in Foxboro this Sunday.

68. Even pats fans are ok with this. See there are some good ones! As a steeler fan I agree. brown should be listening to his coach speak not being an idiot.

69. As much as I dispise the Patriots you have to admire their discipline on off field activities. On the other side you have the Steelers with a foot in the mouth situation and the unsurprising decisions bonehead football players make. And of course let’s not forget Brady when asked about other players all he says is he loves everything they do. I am not surprised they have been the dominant force they are. When players / equipment etc do go off script they normally disappear or shiped. Lmao.

70. Della Street says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:59 PM
    jvw1982 says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:52 PM

_______________________

Not one Patriot fan I know is taking this game lightly. Not one.

—————————————-

really? maybe you’re not reading the genius comments in here.

71. If Joey Porter doesn’t even miss a game for grabbing and lifting a cop at a bar while drunk in public? Antonio Brown has very little to worry about, internal-discipline-wise.

A Raven fan with a very short memory but let me help you….Ray Lewis but more recently Ray Rice….so don’t talk to me about discipline.

Tomlin was let down by a star player and has nothing to apologize for…..as Clint Eastwood said the world is to Too P.C..

72. I slammed Mike Tomlin the other day when this came out as not having any respect in the locker room, and that probably still holds true to an extent. But, I don’t think he could’ve handled this any better than he did with this release

73. Looks like Brown did them a favor. No one is talking about how the stillers are headhunters. stiller fans would be calling for Burfict to be suspended for life if he laid a hit like Sean Davis did on Chris Conley….

74. Brown taped his own team meeting
    Pats tape opponents walk throughs
    See the difference?

Willing to bet there will be an equipment malfunction during the game

75. greenlargo says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:37 PM
    2dollarpbrs says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:26 PM

—————-

**********************************************************************************

Doesn’t matter. Pats fans need something to constantly complain about or turn into a conspiracy theory.

76. No apology required. And I doubt anybody in the Pats locker room cares either. It’s not even vulgar enough to make the proverbial bulletin board in my opinion….

77. Just have them contact jack kearney head of their security and also a hugh ranking law enforcement deputy nicknamed the cleaner. He can make videos disappear and people go silent to protect the steel

78. So now every coach who swears in the locker room needs to apologize, line forms on the left. The world has gone mad.

79. EVERY coach says one thing to his team and another to the media, about the opposition. Antonio Brown was the idiot to put it on the internet. I am totally convinced that social media has made young folks today DUMB! Too many young folks today, feel the need to put EVERYTHING they do and say on social media. A large number of them have even put themselves on social media committing crimes.

80. Tomlin was not apologizing for using inappropriate language. That much is obvious, by his follow-up comment.

He is apologizing for his language being broadcast to an audience other than who it was intended (which likely included children). While there is nothing wrong with his language, he probably would have used different terminology had he known it would be broadcast – he doesn’t typically use that kind of language in his press conferences.

This has nothing to do with Pats, and he has not said anything about apologizing to them. It’s a shame that we live in a society where people interpret apologies and personal accountability as signs of weakness.

81. You know any punishment from the league won’t come until well after the season ends. And the punishment from Tomlin, if any, will be lame.

82. You know any punishment from the league won’t come until well after the season ends. And the punishment from Tomlin, if any, will be lame.
    *****************************************************
    It will be “lame” because you won’t hear anything about it, unless AB posts it on social media. Discipline should be private.

Some probably think nothing short of sitting AB for the upcoming game would be satisfactory. That isn’t going to happen. Not only does it not fit the crime, it would be ludicrous to do it in advance of the championship game.

83. If you actually watched the video, he’s apologizing for cursing because families and children could’ve been watching, nothing else.

rwhite84 says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:21 PM
    Why did he speak to the press before Brown? Kind of odd.

84. I don’t really care about what Tomlin said…his team just won a playoff game and they’re onto their next opponent. What does seem strange is that the NFL allows players to live stream inside the locker room right after a game…I don’t think that’s permitted but I could be wrong.

85. WR diva syndrome. As great as Beckham, Brown, and Bryant are, I would take Julio, Jordy, Calvin Johnson (yes I know he’s retired now) over them any day, especially as a coach.

86. I’m kinda shocked all NFL, if not all major Professional Sports, teams don’t have a “Personal Phone/Device” check entering the Locker Room/Field Level

In this day and age, to control the Message, gotta control the devices. Only allow the official Team and League (NFL/Microsoft Surface) devices once at the workplace

This is a situation that the Teams and Leagues should be able to control. They just haven’t chosen to yet

87. He doesn’t regret his language – that’s the real Tomlin. He regrets AB taping and disclosing his language, that’s all. Bradshaw was right. I’m a Steelers fan, but I’m half hoping New England destroys them this Sunday.

88. Bet the ranch on the patsies. Brown just ruined Pittsburgh’s shot at the SB. No way they win up in Foxboro after this. Long week.

89. That video was boring AF and not controversial in the slightest. The only thing he regrets is it being out in the public where idiots make a bigger deal out of it than it actually is.

90. jamaltimore says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:45 PM

———————————————————————

Antonio Brown, not Troy

91. “Brown taped his own team meeting
    Pats tape opponents walk throughs
    See the difference?’

Yes, you’re repeating disproven Pats Hater Myth #3, that walkthroughs were taped, while its clearly true that Brown streamed that team meeting.

That story was retracted as incorrect, the Herald published a front page apology and fired the reporter involved.

I have a newsflash for you. 100 million dollar companies or whatever the Herald is worth don’t issue retractions that open up serious corporate liability unless they are absolutely certain the story was false.

SMH

92. If you think that Tomlin or anyone in the Pats’ organization cares even a little bit about the language he used, you have never played sports. That is nothing. The problem is that Brown posted it like an idiot.

And what is with all the people piling on Tomlin? The guy has been to two Super Bowls and won one. He has never had a losing season. His team is back in the AFC Championship. The Steelers are competitive every year. Since when is he not a good coach? Have you seen some of the coaching in this league? Tomlin is a star.

93. “Oh yeah because sitting Wes Walker and his 3 yards per catch average is totally the same thing as sitting Antonio Brown”

Facepalm

2007 w/Pats – 112 catches, 1175 yds, 10.5 yds/catch
    2008 w/Pats – 111 catches, 1165 yds, 10.5 yds/catch
    2009 w/Pats – 123 catches, 1348 yds, 11 yds/catch
    2010 w/Pats – 86 catches, 848 yds, 9.9 yds/catch
    2011 w/Pats – 122 catches, 1569 yds, 12.9 yds/catch
    2012 w/Pats – 118 catches, 1354 yds, 11.5 yds/catch

All you had to do was a simple internet search to see that what you posted was nothing but drivel that you pulled out of nowhere because you don’t like the Pats or the player.

Without posting the full set of Brown’s stats, he averaged 10.4, 16.1, 11.9, 13.5, 13.2, 13.5 and 12.1 yards/catch in the years he’s been a Steeler. A little higher than Welker but the stat that jumps out on both of them is almost every catch is/was a 1st down and moved the chains. Both of them.

94. Tomlin sets the tone for these punks on his roster. He has no one to blame but himself, because he acts like a punk most of the time, too.

95. Simple PR. Perhaps Brown wasn’t supposed to be taping locker room stuff, but there’s no way Tomlin is genuine in his regret. He shoulda stuck by it. No way similar stuff doesn’t happen in every NFL and NCAA locker room in the country…

…except perhaps the Bills’.

96. Tomlin’s language was both brutal and shocking. In so many words he said Brown is more Terrel Owens than Jerry Rice. If he does not grow up he has worn out his wecoe never mind his talent and work ethic.

I had no idea. Pictured him the loveable goofball. Sounds like that is not the case. Explains some of Ben’s looks.

97. Brutal and shocking? You’ve got to be kidding me. If you’re a football fan (as your handle seems to indicate), you’ve seen vicious hits, concussions, torn ligaments…yet THIS is “brutal and shocking”?

98. I hate when people apologize for junk like this. First off, it isn’t something to apologize for, he surely isn’t sorry (because it isn’t anything to be sorry for) so it’s a fake apology and nobody really gives a rip about things like this other than the chumps in the media who need to latch onto anything to make a story out of it.

99. This is all a bunch of crap from Tomlin.. He’s not sorry for what he said, nor should he be. This is said in every teams locker rooms and on the practice fields etc…

100. Davo says:
    Jan 17, 2017 12:24 PM
    ————————————————————
    Tomlin has NO cojones period………..There will be no punishment at all !!! Lip service by Trip Tomlin at his best !!!!

101. What Brown did was DISRESPECTFUL. People talk about wanting respect and then do this? What happens in the Steelers locker room, STAYS in the Steelers locker room.
    How simple is that?
    Social Media is for wussies. I would rather have people wonder what I’m thinking then spilling my guts like 4 year old.
    No Twitter, no Myspace, no Facebook, no Instagram.
    I would show the world, my world but I make the “Most Interesting Man In The World” look boring. You wouldn’t want to see your women on my posts would you?

102. thetooloftools says:
    Jan 17, 2017 7:02 PM
    How simple is that?
    No Twitter, no Myspace, no Facebook, no Instagram.

————-

So you are saying you want to post what you are thinking on the internet as long as it is anonymous.

103. The video was benign, but the damage is done and the distraction has already cost the Steelers. Doesn’t mean they can’t win, but it does mean they won’t be as prepared as they could have been.

104. teams don’t discipline their stars; maybe one play like cam got, from ron boat, for tiegate.

105. AND the Steelers don’t play in an annual CREAMPUFF of a division guaranteeing them a Playoff EVERY YEAR! Tell ’em that COACH.

Bunch of fake annual wins. Didn’t play but 1 QB this year. Oh and NE defense is supposed to be so good facing such stiff competition as facing no QB’s all season. About to be EXPOSED. Frauds…just like deflategate.

106. Dear skawh,

After the Seahawks lost the other day and numerous people were bashing the Seahawks here, you posted the following –

“So go ahead, have your hate celebration, while you have no team to cheer for because your team didn’t even make the playoffs. You all sound like 10 year old’s on your mom’s computer.”

So what’s it going to be? Are you an adult who doesn’t want to sound like a 10 year old or not?

107. skawh says:
    Jan 17, 2017 7:36 PM

you seem more irritating than usual. did something happen this past weekend ?

108. The last thing you want to do is give your opponent more motivation to beat you.
    Don’t give me the “well if they need that to be motivated” crap…Every little bit of edge mentally and physically helps.

109. skawh says:
    Jan 17, 2017 7:36 PM

What on Earth are you smoking?–because I wish I had some.

Brady is 183-52 in his regular season career and 23-9 in the playoffs. Their winning % IS THE SAME inside, and outside the division.

Guess what? They played who was on the schedule–nothing more, nothing less. All I know is no matter the division, year, opponent, conditions…they beat who is in front of them better and more consistently than any team in history.

If Brady and the Patriots are frauds, I’d love to see who is legit in your opinion.

110. Another quality mind courtesy of our higher education system. But seriously how do these guys get through college?

111. You’re loving the Joey Porter incident and the Antonio Brown gaffe. Are you loving the 9 straight wins! You’re really going to love number ten. It’s happening on Sunday.

112. Tripping a player on another team is about the worst violation a coach could commit and all he got was a fine. Pity fans defend him. What kind of people are you?

113. skawh says:
    Jan 17, 2017 7:36 PM

_________________________________________
    Hey skawh, remember that time when Malcolm Butler intercepted the pass that Wilson threw at the end of the Superbowl a couple years ago when the Patriots beat the Seahawks and won their 4th Lombardi trophy??

I do!

114. I want an apology from Tomlin. All my kids are millennials so they don’t care about the NFL anyway. But I have grandchildren and I tell you, they would be shocked and disgusted if they heard such language. I reiterate, disgusted. Especially the six month old. Now I’m afraid I’ll have to go out and buy him a puppy just to calm his nerves down.

Go Patriots.

115. Is this that “locker room talk” we’ve been hearing about?

Grab those “a**holes” by the shoulder pads!

116. Brutal and Shocking management. When you take your superstar receiver, a bit of a diva, and say publicly he his wearing out his welcome and may be the next Terel Owens, that is some hard ball hr stuff.

117. I’ve had geometry teachers use worse language.

Another example of what is wrong with today. oooh, dont offend me.. or I’ll cry

It is a locker room for a FOOTBALL team!
    Put your man pants on and stop whining.

118. AND the Steelers don’t play in an annual CREAMPUFF of a division guaranteeing them a Playoff EVERY YEAR! Tell ’em that COACH.

Tell ’em Trip. Tell us about all those Cincy and Cleveland playoff wins. Have’nt seen Balt in the playoffs is a while either. Tomlin is a whiny little baby who needs an excuse every time he loses.

119. One can probably safely assume such coaching comments are normal in locker rooms. One should also assume that is why locker rooms are supposed to be about privacy. Brown, is some kind of moron. Patriots are shrugging it off, but bet the rent every team and staff member has watched it at least twice.
    Let the whipping commence.