Hunt for Tom Brady’s jersey continues

Getty Images

In the aftermath of Sunday night’s Super Bowl win, someone swiped Tom Brady’s jersey. The search to find it is on.

Via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick (not that one) has asked the Texas Rangers (not those ones) to assist the Houston Police Department in the effort to find the jersey.

“In Texas we place a very high value on hospitality and football,” Patrick said. “Tom Brady’s jersey has great historical value and is already being called ‘the most valuable NFL collectable [sic] ever.’ It will likely go in the Hall of Fame one day. It is important that history does not record that it was stolen in Texas.”

Um, Dan? It was stolen in Texas. The only question at this point is whether it will be recovered in Texas, or anywhere.

The NFL also has chimed in on the matter, saying that “[w]e have been looking into this disappointing matter and will continue to assist law enforcement authorities.”

It may be disappointing, but it’s hardly unprecedented. The #DeflateGate game included a subplot regarding an attempt to improperly lift a game-used ball, and litigation has been pending for years regarding claims over Giants game-worn memorabilia. The lawsuit alleges among other things that someone stole Michael Strahan’s Super Bowl XLII jersey and replaced it with a replica that was made to look like it was used during the game.

Game-word memorabilia has become big business, and the security measures that apply to the removal of those items from the Super Bowl stadium pale in comparison to the barricades and armaments that must be navigated to gain entry.

85 responses to “Hunt for Tom Brady’s jersey continues

1. In the end it’s a shame Toms life will only be remembered for being a great quarterback !

2. The security in any NFL locker room is tight with wall to wall surveilance cams. Triple that for a SB locker room. Brady is lying again, nobody took it. This is more of his self-attention “I am a victim” fiction.

3. Chuck Norris, Walker – Texas Ranger is on the case?!? Well consider it solved as Chuck is the only one who remembers the future.

4. If the memorabilia crosses state lines or is part of an organized criminal enterprise it can be an issue for the FBI under RICO. Sounds funny but if the jersey is not returned the theft may ultimately implicate the stadium and NFL security giving Brady a cause of action against the NFL.

5. Some scumbag fake media type lifted his jersey at the last Superbowl they one also. Classy people.

6. My wife (who was pulling for the Patriots) : no way they come back.

Me: unlikely, but not impossible

Since I couldn’t get any comments posted last night:

1. Congrats
    2. Brady is the best (I loathe those arguments & only engaged in them to troll the Patriots fans, but can’t honestly call anyone better)
    3. Changing my screen name since, well, my team didn’t win a super bowl this year
    4. Glad I’m not a Falcons fan, yikes! I’d rather lose like 48 than blow a “sure thing”
    5. Hoping the Broncos get decent QB play so someone can actually challenge the Patriots next year
    6. Shout out to the 3 patriots fans who actually posted WHILE they were getting stomped.

Admission: I never really believed that deflategate stuff, just liked trolling the more arrogant among you. Goodell is a punk.

Finally, to the guy who posted that crap about Brady’s mom. You suck. You’re the lowest of the low. But you already knew that.

-formerly orange and blue own the NFL

7. randytheraiderloveboy says:
    Feb 6, 2017 9:14 PM

Yes, I think you’re on to something here. The FBI is constantly looking for candidates possessing elite thinking such as this.

8. randytheraiderloveboy says:
    Feb 6, 2017 9:14 PM
    _______________________
    All Brady talked about all SB week is how he always focuses on the positives and how blessed he is. He has never called himself a victim.

You haters need to get a life and stop being so miserable and quite frankly psychotic. I’m betting most haters are the same progressive nutbags protesting everything a conservative does and rioting throughout the country. And it is rioting not protesting.

9. “with wall to wall surveilance cams”

Sure, nfl is really big on participating on video of their naked athletes as they are getting dressed . And the NFLPA is down with that too.

10. styro1 says:
    Feb 6, 2017 9:29 PM
    randytheraiderloveboy says:
    Feb 6, 2017 9:14 PM
    _______________________

————————————————-
    To be fair, he can, and anyone else, can say one thing and believe or think another. It doesn’t mean he does or did, but he definitely can. 🙂

11. Does it really matter? Put a jersey on him, put him in a sauna, and rub some field paint on the jersey. Then put it in the HOF. No one will care that it’s not the original.

12. “The security in any NFL locker room is tight with wall to wall surveilance cams. Triple that for a SB locker room.”

Um no. There are not security cams inside the locker rooms where people change. Outside seeing who comes and goes yes, not inside.

Talk about paranoid delusions sheehs call a psychologist dude.

13. Even Tomasina’s jersey has had enough of him playing victim. Now the jersey has turned on him and likely has landed in an Indianapolis urinal where it belongs.

14. I’m feeling it. Next season will be Brady’s “Revenge of the Lost Jersey” payback. He always needs to be in vicTOM mode!

POPS BRADY, tell us about the lost jersey and how it nearly ruined your son’s life. My, my, my…………………..

15. Maybe if the NFL wasn’t wasting millions on witch hunts against the greatest player to ever take the field it would have a better system for making sure memorabilia isn’t being stolen.

16. There are reports of a flying man leaping buildings and lifting trains off of tracks. I’d start there.

17. What a great 24 hours !!! I have to say I’m impressed with the number of posters on this article and many others giving Brady and the Pats their due. The Bronco fan here, a Seattle guy even a Ravens fan.

I recognize the passion you all have for your teams and appreciate the positive posts. It strengthens my faith in humanity.

As for the Falcons fans, I remember a SB where a DT scored a rushing TD enroute to blowout win and another SB where a KR broke the game open. Of course I’m referring to the two SB losses before the TB/ BB era. Those two hurt pretty bad but look where the Pats are now. Anything can happen in the NFL.

18. Fan boyys, every nfl locker room has security cams, as do the hall ways leading in and out. No different than the cams at your grocery store. They are called security cams for areason. The footage is never released publicly unless looking for a person of interest. Geesh, you can’t be this naive?? Really??

19. Next Breaking News, the impossible difficulty Brady had going through post game interviews knowing his jersey was missing. What a brave, American hero! Simply incredible!

20. idiedpretty says:
    Feb 6, 2017 10:06 PM

_________________________

This is Houston. Unless it was Bennett, security might have been the one’s that took it. If so, the tape got wet in the evidence room.

21. bleedingfacemask says:
    Feb 6, 2017 9:20 PM
    Yeah, I just can’t shake this feeling that the jersey will turn up inside a frame, mounted on a wall in Brady’s mancave…

_____________________________

You joke but who wouldn’t trade their exwife for Brady’s man cave with or without the jersey?

22. Here is the problem that I can see is the jersey is essentially worthless on the sports memorabilia market. All the publicity surrounding it who would pay the big money its worth? I m sure their is some black market for sports memorabilia but what collector would shell out the six figures it is probably worth. Knowing that is word ever got out they acquired it, the owner would be charged with a felony and forfeit the jersey. So if you can’t sell it why keep it? You get caught with it, it’s grand larceny and you going to prison. So I don’t see the point in stealing it. Unless it gets sold to some Arabian prince in Dubai that happens be an American football fan the person who has it should put it in an envelope and mail to pats training facility.

That or Conseula the maid from family guy picked it up and put it the wash with jock straps by accident.

23. Here is the problem that I can see is the jersey is essentially worthless on the sports memorabilia market. All the publicity surrounding it who would pay the big money its worth? I m sure their is some black market for sports memorabilia but what collector would shell out the six figures it is probably worth. Knowing that is word ever got out they acquired it, the owner would be charged with a felony and forfeit the jersey. So if you can’t sell it why keep it? You get caught with it, it’s grand larceny and you going to prison. So I don’t see the point in stealing it.
    _____________________________________

No way to authenticate it either. I thought the NFL has people on the sidelines to grab historical items, you’d think that jersey was grabbed by one of them, Unless in the mass of people on the field, you’d be able to grab it if it was left unattended.

24. I am sure MATT WALSH left mysterious Hawaii and video taped the practice theft of the Brady ( 5-2 Beeacchhess) the uniform theft…Right Marshall?

25. I don’t understand how this cannot be solved quickly. Surely there are not that many people with access to the locker room. And anyone attempting to sell it would be caught immediately.

26. kcchefs58 says:
    Feb 6, 2017 9:36 PM

————————————————————————

It must’ve been this guy! Find him!

27. weepingjebus says:
    Feb 6, 2017 9:49 PM

——————

They did folllow up on that. Turned out that was just Brady.

28. Sounds a lot like Disney World dragging the dying man off the premesis so they can say, Hey nobody died on our property

29. Does the “Village Idiot” that stole it have a clue that it has no value to him??? If he tries to sell it he will be arrested and shamed by the world. Talk about morons.

30. charger383 says:
    Feb 6, 2017 10:55 PM
    Chumlee paid $1,000 and Rick has it listed for $25,000 at the Pawn Shop
    ——————————-

That was pretty funny right there.

Oh and “Orange and Blue Own”, great post as well. I’m sure the Broncos will be giving the Pats all they can handle next year!

31. When the media guy is found that stole the jersey hope he has to spend 3 days in the Harris County jail with Bubba.

32. My guess is that there was no misplaced Jersey and Tomasina Brady made this whole thing up.

What person in their right mind would steal a jersey like this? It is worthless – you see, as soon as it is advertised for sale for big bucks, the theft is exposed.

There was no theft like there was no cheating and that deflategate was all made up and the ball boy took all those balls to the restroom for 10 minutes because he had to dump 20 pounds elsewhere.

Hopefully that jersey was destroyed so that it never sees the light of day again.