Jimmy Garoppolo Instagram goodbye appears to be a hoax

AP

For about an hour on early Friday morning, social media was abuzz with an apparent goodbye to New England from Patriots backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. Did Garoppolo’s post mean he had been traded?

Apparently not. According to multiple reports, people close to Garoppolo say he’s not on Instagram at 4 a.m., and the post appears to be a hoax.

Garoppolo has been the subject of a great deal of trade scrutiny, with the Browns as the team most likely to acquire him. It’s true that the Browns, from all accounts, are high on Garoppolo. And it’s true that the Browns have the draft pick ammunition to go after him in a blockbuster trade.

But multiple reports say the Patriots have no plans to trade Garoppolo and would rather have him on the roster as insurance in case Tom Brady gets hurt or begins to show signs of age. Garoppolo becomes a free agent next year and won’t be Brady’s backup forever, but that’s what he remains for now, Instagram posts or not.

47 responses to “Jimmy Garoppolo Instagram goodbye appears to be a hoax

1. Flash1287 says:
    Mar 10, 2017 5:52 AM
    So his instagram and his Twitter were both hacked?

———————————————————————

It wouldn’t be all that shocking a person uses the same login information for all their social media accounts

2. Jimmy is staying. Jimmy doesn’t like his Instagram account getting hacked. Jimmy will take over the reigns one day…

Jimmy’s getting frustrated!

3. How would they get his password? More likely he was told to take it down or thought better of it

Players post something embarassing and say “hacked”. Sure.

4. ESPN was wanking off about this all morning like an obsessed schoolgirl, it was almost pathetic

5. Cant wait for the JimmyG craze to end.
    6 or so quarters of true NFL experience has never begat so much hype.
    Is he that good? Is he not?
    Who knows, but hopefully he doesnt get Alshon Jeffery disease, so we can all find out one way or the other.

Cleveland is desperate.

6. RandyinRoxbury says:
    Mar 10, 2017 6:18 AM
    I bet Chippy had something to do with this!
    _____________________________________
    Yes it was me. I had nothing else to do while waiting at the train station for 6ball to arrive in Miami so I figured why not have some more fun with patriot fans.

7. Trump did it. He’s always up all night Tweeting. Kraft probably gave him Garoppolo’s password.

8. He’s not going anywhere, no matter how many picks the Browns offer. I didn’t believe it until recently, but the Patriots plan to make this guy their next quarterback. They will work out a deal with him.

9. Maybe the NFL did it. Since Chris mortensens tweet isn’t taken down. I bet. The league is probably setting up some other sting operation to somehow nab the Pats for something they didn’t do to save face for the humiliating loss in the Superbowl.

10. This is good! He’s not going anywhere…

My prediction is the Patriots win Super Bowl this coming year and Brady retires… I also put $400 on Pats to win it all +500 = $2000. 🙂

11. NEWSFLASH TO ALL ASOCIAL MEDIA IDIOTS:
    Hacked?? LOL. No – just because some bozo creates an account ID of “jimmypolo10”, along with a Garoppolo headshot pic and adds a photo with a farewell message – it does not mean it’s from Jimmy Garoppolo.

12. I have to credit all the media outlets that used a little restraint, which then served to keep the excitement and any ‘fake news’ under control. Good job maintaining your cool and getting it right!

The jokes here are funny. Both Pats fans and haters are finding good one liners off this one.

13. punkrock21 says:
    Mar 10, 2017 8:12 AM

————–

Yeah, my kudos go out only to the media the DID keep their cool. (PFT being one of those, good job guys)

How did ESPN do with their retractions? They have been a bit slow in the past on those.

14. jchipwood says:
    Mar 10, 2017 8:36 AM
    RandyinRoxbury says:
    Mar 10, 2017 6:18 AM
    I bet Chippy had something to do with this!
    _____________________________________

“””””””””””””””””””””

If you could at least be funny or creative once in a while, we could at least be amused at your obsessive trolling hackery.

By the way, having conversations with yourself is something you might want to address with a qualified 3rd party.

15. He is in the bathroom… his girlfriend sees his phone on the night table next to the bed… and decides to have some fun.

but if that was in fact the case… why is it still up?

16. Flash1287 says:
    Mar 10, 2017 5:52 AM
    “So his instagram and his Twitter were both hacked?”

Where was it ever reported that Garappolo tweeted anything about this?

The only report was of a bogus Instagram post, which was not checked for its source, that was soon deleted.

17. jchipwood says:
    Mar 10, 2017 8:36 AM
    RandyinRoxbury says:
    Mar 10, 2017 6:18 AM
    I bet Chippy had something to do with this!
    _____________________________________

_____________________________________

Chippy, Chippy, Chippy. SMH.

It’s not as if we don’t appreciate you throwing batting practice to us on a daily basis. We do. But please don’t think that you actually get to us. You don’t.