Aaron Rodgers hints that he’ll kneel

Instagram.com/aaronrodgers12

The anthem protests and other efforts to advance the causes of racial equality and equal justice have been missing the direct involvement of franchise quarterbacks. That could end today.

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has posted on Instagram a photo himself and several teammates kneeling on a practice field, a possible hint that Rodgers will be kneeling with teammates on Sunday during the national anthem on Sunday at Lambeau Field. The message posted by Rodgers with the photo includes a variety of hashtags with these terms: unity, brotherhood, family, dedication, love.

Tom Brady, who added an emoji-based comment of support on the Rodgers photo, has posted a photo of his own, showing an embrace with teammate James White and this message: “Strength. Passion. Love. Brotherhood. Team. Unity. Commitment. Dedication. Determination. Respect. Loyalty. Work. #nflplayer

Brady, a friend of the President who had a “Make America Great Again” hat in his locker early in the 2016 campaign, has not specifically criticized Donald Trump’s recent words. It’s the closest Brady has come to saying anything remotely controversial on the subject, and it comes only a week after Brady said that Colin Kaepernick, who started the anthem protests more than a year ago, should be playing in the NFL.

90 responses to “Aaron Rodgers hints that he’ll kneel

1. i just don’t understand why these guys would want to disrespect the very people who serve and have died for all of our freedoms. Crazy.

2. Am I the only one thinking that this is Brady more so saying that you don’t need to kneel to show those same values by showing a photo of him standing/playing and also downplay his political influence with the hashtag nflplayer?

3. yooperman says:
    September 24, 2017 at 10:44 am
    How long would Rodgers or Brady be unemployed if their teams fired them for kneeing?

———–

Not long, television would pick them up fast. Additionally, Rodgers went to a pretty damn good school in UC Berkeley so I still think he’d be fine off…

4. OMG! Brady didn’t speak out against it racism. He must be for it!

Rodgers didn’t speak out against dead puppies. He must be for animal cruelty!

smh …. the millennials are the “affirmation generation”. So weak they need constant comforting.

5. Ha are you guys that populate this website talk board who were mostly outraged at Kaepernick going to change your tune now or contiue to be ignorant?

6. 13% of the population commit more than half of the violent crime in our country, but we’re supposed to ignore the national anthem to bring attention to the few the police shoot. Maybe if they didn’t have so many interactions with law enforcement, they wouldn’t be shot as much.

7. I happen to be one of the 50% of the country that has a problem with protesting during the National anthem. Some things are sacred to me, I would not disrespect someone’s, Religion, Family, or strong held beliefs. By using the Flag/ National Anthem for demonstrations, you are in fact disrespecting the strong held beliefs of many. Find another venue to protest your perceived social injustice or else live with the consequences of biting the hand that feeds you.
    NFL fan that now is officially fed up! Time for the fans to take a stand!
    1. I will not go to a NFL game or buy tickets.
    2. I will only watch my teams game and will not watch any other games.
    3. I will not buy any products from companies that have commercials during my teams game.
    4. I will no longer buy NFL products.
    If protests continue I will completely stop watching all NFL games.

8. President Trump is playing chess and you fools are playing checkers.

He’s going to win in 2020 and probably hit 350 ECV.

The man is a genius. Sadly the NFL is going down with it.

9. Does anybody else wonder about what the government is really doing while the masses are distracted by this non-issue? It feels like a sleight of hand trick.

10. Whats wrong with you people this is AMERICA you don’t knell for our National Anthem. If you do you disrespect EVERY person that has ever been in the Military. Find another way another place. Google ” college can’t chant USA” immigrants say they feel racism when we chant USA so now colleges bar it. What is America coming to. NO OTHER COUNTRY WOULD EVER DO THAT. Nfl players protest whatever you want just don’t do it while I’m paying for it. I buy the nfl package , I buy my teams jerseys. I watch the nfl to get away from the BS and relax.

11. Rodgers has never served or sacrificed anything, doesn’t surprise me at all. Wonder what his fat cat endorsement contracts will think of this. Can’t imagine they will approve. Additionally, break a leg this week double AA, literally!

12. bobleblah obviously can’t grasp anything that is not black and white. There is nuance to almost everything in life especially complicated matters like racism. But it’s easy to understand the mindset of a typical Trump voter. So predicable.

13. For everybody that says kneeling for the National Anthem is disrespectful towards the flag, I have two questions for you.

Do you buy and use flag printed cups, plates, napkins for the 4th of July or Memorial Day and think that you’re being patriotic?

Do you own a pair of flag printed boxers and wear them thinking that you’re being patriotic?

Because if the answer to any one of them is yes, then guess what you’re disrespecting the flag under the US Flag Code. So when saying that the players are disrespecting the flag should read up the US Flag Code because far more many “patriotic” Americans are disrespecting the flag than sport players are by kneeling

14. bondlake sounds like you know exactly what I’m talking about. I believe it was a 12 and 13 year old with Trump and Epstein. Do you support that?
    BTW that’s not why Trump will go to prison. His crimes are treason. That’s why it’s laughable that he has any credibility on patriotism.

15. justwinbaby29 says:
    September 24, 2017 at 11:08 am
    President Trump is playing chess and you fools are playing checkers.

The same guy that barely can read and demands intelligence reports be 1 page bulleted with pictures is playing chess? The fool is an emotional reactionary who doesn’t think beyond the moment. Give me a break.

16. Only racists will turn away from the NFL because of players kneeling. Good riddance!!! See ya! Bye Felicia!

Great that means that ANYIFA will go away?

17. If you are a Trump fan you are probably white and you want your right privilege to prevail no matter what injustices there are and saying they don’t exist is plain ignorant. You just don’t get it. They aren’t protesting against the American flag. They are protesting about their equal rights and treatment under it.

18. Trump should focus a little more on North Korea and a little less on squashing the first amendment rights of Americans. Especially those who have achieved many significant accomplishments without the benefit of dirty Russian money. #warriors #gogethimmueller

19. So let me get this straight: players kneel, sit, and give the Black Power salute during the anthem and during games, depict police officers as pigs, call police officers slave catchers, depict a police officer with his throat being slit, praise an oppressive Communist dictator, and they are not being divisive, but the President calls out their behavior and he is being divisive. The liberal mind never ceases to amaze.

20. Trump is the most flawed person to ever hold the office of U.S. President. He’s dragging the nation down and isolating us which will come with harsh consequences. That alone shows a lack of leadership.

Trump is a school yard bully. Bullies always go down in the end. Unfortunately it might come at the price of an unnecessary nuclear war with North Korea. Trump always throws around childish nicknames intended to offend to his opponents. This speaks volumes about the intellect and ignorance of his simpleton supporters.

Kneel away NFL!

21. for anyone stupid enough to think that an anthem protest will raise awareness and bring more people together is just dumb this is the most divided I have ever seen people be in PFT. People are just dumb followers

22. This is not about respecting or disrespecting the country and those who choose and serve to protect it. This will become anti-Trump and everything he stands for and against the narrow-minded intolerant people that blindly support him. This is a call for all to not regress to the fifties while attempting to Make America Hate Again.

23. packer fans are such hypocrites. They lash out at all the players that have knelt in the past for other teams. Now that rodgers hints he may
    (way to go on the commitment there aaron) they are all for it. Didn’t the state of wisconsin go to trump?

24. “just don’t understand why these guys would want to disrespect the very people who serve and have died for all of our freedoms. Crazy”

Actually many of our current soldiers fight for someone else’s cause ( military hegemony, nation building, etc). Most of them are willing to suit up even when there are moral issues with the war itself.

25. rosstuckershair says:
    September 24, 2017 at 11:33 am

Great that means that ANYIFA will go away?

26. I dont even care about this kneeling stuff, but Rodgers kneeling would make so many people butthurt. Its going to be an entertaining week.

27. mudachains says:

September 24, 2017 at 11:15 am

__________

With a comment like that then I surely hope that you served and sacrificed for this country while you’re questioning what somebody lack of serve and sacrifice, because if not it makes you nothing but some idiot hypocrite

28. The stadium will be a much more enjoyable place to be if the Teump supporters all stay away.

Nothing like inclusion from the Left. You will be watching NFL flag football if the NFL is left to liberals.

29. What is that? I believe you’re talking about Antifa. That is not what the vast majority of people opposed to Trump are. Antifa is supported by Russia to disrupt peaceful protests against Trump. Russia is heavily involved with Trump. This is just way they are helping Trump shut down any opposition like dictator Putin does. Not all rump supporters are racist but all racists are Trump supporters.

Yes, please indicate all the crimes that Trump has committed? Please list all the elements of Russian collusion?

30. This is not about respecting or disrespecting the country and those who choose and serve to protect it. This will become anti-Trump and everything he stands for and against the narrow-minded intolerant people that blindly support him. This is a call for all to not regress to the fifties while attempting to Make America Hate Again.

The left crowing about intolerance? I guess Trump winning the election gives people the right to violence and name calling.. If you haven’t noticed, in cases like this Trump always wins.

Record Stock Market
    Lowest unemployment in 20 years
    1.5 million new jobs created
    Exposing ANTIFA as the left’s brownshirt army.

Shall I Continue?

31. Anyone who walks out of the stadium is an absolute idiot. You’re going with full knowledge that some player is going to kneel. Thus, you’re wasting money on some pre-planned attempt to make a statement. The stupidity is that no one will see, know, or care about your “protest”. You’re making a statement that no one is hearing.

32. filthymcnasty3 says:
    September 24, 2017 at 12:09 pm
    Viking fans.

They’ll support a child beater.

But they won’t support a peaceful protest.

///////////////

You hate the Vikings and now we find out you hate the United States of America. Shame on you. Disrespecting the brave men and women who have sacrificed their lives in a non peaceful way, is something that means nothing to you, then move to Canada. wisconsin is a suburb of it anyways.

33. Typical liberal stunt. Liberals require everyone to respect their rights/opinions yet they have no respect for anyone who has a different opinion. SJW trying to protect their vanity by showing how much more righteous and virtuous they are (than the fans), yet they do nothing to unite this country. No one perpetuates inequality more than these grossly overpaid athletes who think they are superior to those that don’t have their wealth. Not one community worker (teacher, firefighter, paramedic, police, etc…) will ever have the monetary opportunity that they have been given by this society that is discriminating against them. claim.

34. rosstuckershair says:
    September 24, 2017 at 12:04 pm
    Shall I Continue?
    ////////////////////////////////////////

Please do, and please give credit where credit is due. Stock market? Unemployment? New jobs? You think Trump did that? In eight months? You can thank Obama, moron.

And I’m certain the Nazi’s faced some underground resistance too……….thank God.

35. I’m a huge Packers fan, and I always wear my Rodgers jersey the day after every Packers win. If he kneels I’m not wearing the jersey tomorrow. Hopefully he doesn’t do it, he’s better than that.

36. flviking says:
    September 24, 2017 at 12:21 pm
    You hate the Vikings and now we find out you hate the United States of America.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

That’s an incredibly small-minded narrowly-focused assumptive and ungodly stupid thing to say.

37. russtuckershairs your ignorance is telling. I’m sure your were saying lock her up after four years of nothing into Hillary’s emails but she was guilty right? Like all good investigations Mueller isn’t releasing it to the public. But of course you and other Trump supporters dismiss all the meetings and contacts with Russians before and after the election, but Russia is our friend right? That’s so pathetically ignorant. Putin hates America and wants to divide us and he’s using his dim witted pawn Donald Trump to do it. Trump is ion bed with Putin who murders his own people including Tick tock, it’s coming and going to take Trump and a lot of his administration down. Funny thing is Trump is the swamp and you believed he’s waas getting rid of it. In the end you support a traitor!

38. stellarperformance says:
    September 24, 2017 at 11:50 am

///////////

Well since the state of wisconsin went to Trump I guess lambeau will be empty except for you.

39. It would only take one ride in a car have a black person drive (sit in the back) and drive into a nice neighborhood. Drive past a police officer twice and I will bet you he will get pulled over.

I had a friend explain this to me when I was young and didn’t believe him. It changed my life. The police were rude to him and had kept his hand by his gun. This guy worked with me and was also an engineer and was well dressed.

We have a problem and we all have to deal with it. I am sure that all of the white people here don’t speed, run stop signs or follow too close. I am sure if stopped and searched none would have any illegal things in your car. We don’t get stopped 3 or 4 times a month and if stopped we don’t get searched. The law doesn’t treat us the same.

40. that is a picture of Rodgers and his top 3 receivers no doubt catching a break during practice.nothing more, nothing less.how does that equate to kneeling during the national anthem? I know you are a liberal and want everyone else to be one as well, but you shouldn’t be twisting this to be something it’s not

41. kissimmeepacker says:

September 24, 2017 at 12:51 pm

_____________

Maybe because Aaron Rodgers posted the pictures with the hashtags that you choose to use. I know that you like common sense and want everybody to drop to your thought level

42. stellarperformance says:
    September 24, 2017 at 12:34 pm
    flviking says:
    September 24, 2017 at 12:21 pm
    You hate the Vikings and now we find out you hate the United States of America.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////

Really stellar, I could say that to about all of your posts. But your bullying will not make me back down that I love this country, and wouldn’t think of disrespecting the men and women who gave us this freedom. I will always stand for our National Anthem with my hand over my heart. Find a different avenue for your protest.

43. usdcoyotesfan says:
    September 24, 2017 at 12:30 pm

/////////////

Way to go coyote, this Viking fan has a great deal of respect for you.

44. kjack59 says:

Our brave Military fights for our freedom not a flag!
    ———————————————–

We fight for our buddies on our left and right in a firefight. And we have an American flag on our right shoulder when we’re engaging the enemy.

45. Thank you for your service Michael E. I have nothing but respect for you and all of our military defending our rights. One of which is the freedom to express our beliefs, including what we belief are terrible wrongs on Americans. In the end our Military fights for our freedom of all kinds, including peaceful protests. This is in no way disrespect to the flag but rather systemic racism and other wrongs that make up too large a portion of our society including from the state.

46. “Do what Trump says or it’s obvious you hate your country.”

No, that’s not simplistically stupid.

47. I’m a “Lib?” I don’t even know what that means. If I’m a Lib, you’re a Fascist, with no middle ground.

I believe in liberty and justice FOR ALL. That’s the difference between you and me.

48. filthymcnasty3 says:
    September 24, 2017 at 12:09 pm
    Viking fans.

They’ll support a child beater.

But they won’t support a peaceful protest.

————–
    I’m a Vikings fan….and I hope every player in the league kneels…I don’t support this bum Trump or his childish and divisive behavior..and his followers are worse than him, they actually believe his nonsense…