Josh Norman to Raiders receivers: Don’t run your mouth

AP

Josh Norman has never been shy about expressing himself on or off the field, but he didn’t care for what he heard from Raiders wide receivers during Sunday night’s game.

Norman said both receivers were telling Redskins defensive backs how big a game they would have in Washington before kickoff, but things did not turn out that way. Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree combined to catch two passes for 13 yards, leading Norman to say that Crabtree “sucked” and that receivers should let their play do the talking.

“What was personal, other than them getting their tails whupped?” Norman said, via ESPN.com. “I mean, first and foremost, you don’t come up in here and say what you’re going to put up on somebody. Two hundred yards? [Crabtree] didn’t catch two balls. He only caught one, huh? So please, whatever you do, do not run your mouth if you’re a wide receiver and expect to show up on Sundays, because I’m telling you, we are here and we are waiting. Don’t come out here and tell me what you’re going to do. Show me. You’re going to have to run through me to get that.”

Sunday’s performance was an outstanding one for Washington’s defense and they’ll likely need more of the same to pick up a third straight win against the Chiefs in Kansas City next Monday night. Should they get it, their actions will speak louder than any words about the team’s chances of competing for a playoff spot next season.

37 responses to “Josh Norman to Raiders receivers: Don’t run your mouth

1. LOL Faiders…. See what happens when you play a good NFL Team. Wannabe’s. Oh sorry I forgot you guys were good in the 80’s… My Bad.

2. That was the most one-sided, dominant games in years…..for any team. The Washington Redskins destroyed the Oakland team. The Oakland team can glean nothing from that game; burn the tapes and press on. While the Washington Redskins must be feeling awfully confident going into KC to play the Kansas City team!

3. Here we go with Norman yapping again. Why doesn’t he take his own advice and let his play do the talking? Like his partner Bashaud Breeland does. Breeland is arguably just as good as Norman, maybe better even, but doesn’t get the recginiton because he doesn’t act up anytime he has a good game. When Norman gets crisped you don’t hear a peep from him.

4. dubkc says:
    September 25, 2017 at 10:19 am

You were good in 1969, remember?

5. The whole team sucked last night except for Mack and Joseph. They deserve all the troll comments for that dumpster fire performance. The real test is how they bounce back.

6. jdubkc says:
    September 25, 2017 at 10:19 am

mmack66 says:
    September 25, 2017 at 10:26 am
    Exposed
    —————–
    Raiders-hater since birth disagreeing– they are a a very good team– that game was much more about the Redskins showing up than the Raiders disappointing. I thoroughly expect the Raiders to compete for the AFC Championship this year, the question is whether we should expect the lowly Redskins to do similarly. Or, maybe the question is how “lowly” the Redskins actually are.

7. Norman is in his 2nd season. He will learn that its not a good idea to bloviate when you whip somebody, it might be you that gets whipped next. Bill Parcells once said “you really don’t know who’s who until about Thanksgiving” or something to that effect. The Broncos dusted the Cowboys and got beat by the Bills. Ravens were owned and then destroyed by the Jags. Patriots needed last second heroics to beat Houston? Then the Bears beat the Steelers? Let’s all settle down a bit. We finally got to see good football yesterday, after 2 weeks of miserable dreck. Skins put on a show of how to get it done, hope my Boys do the same tonight. (but the Giants suck, that much seems legit)

8. The Redskins D did that to the Raiders, what’s in store for them against the CHiefs, Broncos and the Bosa led Chargers D 6 more times this season?

I’d be worried about that if I were a Raiders fan. I’m not so I’ll be fine but there is a guy up in Toronto that’s gonna have a bad time I think…

9. barsfordays says:
    September 25, 2017 at 10:35 am

————-

I believe he and the Redskins did let their play do the talking last night by holding the Raiders to 100 yards of total offense.

10. I’ve never liked Norman but he gets to run his mouth on this one. That was the disaster I was afraid would happen.

Raids got absolutely smoked in every facet.

Absolutely nauseating. Props to Washington.

Scary part is, Raids face a better D next week on the road again.

11. Raiders fan here.

They were completely unprepared for this game. They ptrobaly spent more time trying to figure out what they’d do during the anthem than actually practicing and game planning.

And yes, we were exposed last night. The defense turned in the kind of performance that my friends and I expected going into the season.

Pathetic. Atrocious. KEEP YOUR PEA BRAINS FOCUSED ON FOOTBALL!!!

12. The Raiders got owned last night as it looked like only Mack showed up to play. Look for the Chefs to do to the Skins next week in Arrowhead as what was done to the Raiders last night. Hill is going to burn Norman all day long!

13. He can run his mouth to the Raiders all he wants after that pathetic performance from their offense. I have no doubt Raiders will win next week, but damn they got waxed.

14. Raiders got what they deserved! Looks like they were reading about themselves all week!

Can we run the ball a little more?? geez

15. derek carr is 2-14 against playoff teams in his career, with one of those wins being his only victory against the chiefs three years ago. you can say they are an improved team, but until they show that they can beat a top team on the road they are not a true super bowl contender. the defense is still trash and khalil mack alone doesn’t change that, and marshawn brings plenty of attitude but doesn’t make them a great running team by himself.

16. dude can say what ever he wants, the skins strait up spanked the Raiders in all aspects of the game. I think both coordinaters for the raiders looked lost.

3 quarters to adjust the defense to cover a RB out of the backfield?

a offense that never adjusted to a D that just rushed 4 and played zone the entire game. I mean wtf?

17. Yesterday wasnt fair. It was the tuck rule again. It’s always the tuck rule. Those darn cheating Patriots ruin everything.

18. silvernblacksabbath says:
    September 25, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Can we run the ball a little more?? geez
    —————————–

Apparently not.

19. At least Raiders’ fans can hold their heads high as their QB didn’t put a towel over his heard and pout on the sidelines line some other QB we all know….

20. Amari Cooper hasn’t said 10 words since he joined the team. He’s humble and soft spoken. I have a hard time believing that he said anything at all to Norman.

21. nhpats says:
    September 25, 2017 at 12:43 pm

——————-

I couldn’t believe that Siemian did that.

22. Gotta hand it to Josh Norman though. He’s been good with Washington as well, and walking the walk. Def not a fugazy like a lot of us thought.

23. Wow, its loud mouth josh (foghorn leghorn)norman, saying absolutely nothing but gibberish. Maybe Someone whose close to him can advise him, we don’t care what you think, mouthpiece.