Browns’ Myles Garrett in concussion protocol

Getty Images

The first pick in the draft has the second injury of his rookie season.

Browns pass rusher Myles Garrett has been placed in the concussion protocol, the team announced. Although Garrett didn’t appear to be injured during Sunday’s game against the Titans, he began to feel symptoms of a concussion and was placed in the protocol on Tuesday.

Given that the Browns leave for London tomorrow, it seems unlikely that Garrett will play this week. It typically takes at least a few days for a player in the concussion protocol to be cleared, and players who haven’t been cleared typically don’t travel to road games.

Garrett missed the first four games of the season with a high ankle sprain. He has played well since his return, with four sacks in three games.

29 responses to “Browns’ Myles Garrett in concussion protocol

1. WELP BYE HUE AND SASHI LEAVE THEM IN LONDON AFTER THE LOSE AND FIRE DEPODESTA ALONG WITH ALL THE SCOUTS
    all our draft picks besides DAVID NJOKU are average

2. This is annoying. The Browns won’t have their two best players and the Vikings won’t be challenged at all. Most of the Vikings’ games have been against teams with severe injury issues and I for one would like to see how they do against good teams near full strength. Yes, the Vikings are missing a lot of players too, but that’s the way it is. The second half of the schedule should be interesting.

3. In Teddy We Trust says:
    October 25, 2017 at 11:20 am

***
    The Steelers were a good litmus test of adversity. And it wasn’t pretty.

4. Bold prediction for week 8. The browns find a way to upset the Vikings in London. Don’t worry vikings fans you’re still the nfc north champ in the end. But this is as classic an example of a trap game as there has ever been.

5. 13worldchampioinships says:
    October 25, 2017 at 11:41 am
    In Teddy We Trust says:
    October 25, 2017 at 11:20 am

***
    The Steelers were a good litmus test of adversity. And it wasn’t pretty.

***
    I’m not sure why people are down voting my comment. I’m a vikings fan and its true.

6. 13worldchampioinships says:
    October 25, 2017 at 11:52 am
    13worldchampioinships says:
    October 25, 2017 at 11:41 am
    In Teddy We Trust says:
    October 25, 2017 at 11:20 am

***
    The Steelers were a good litmus test of adversity. And it wasn’t pretty.

***

Really? Vikings have a ton of injuries. We’re on our 3rd String QB in Keenum. He’s decent, but Bradford is better. We lost Cook for the season, Diggs is hurt. I’d love to line it up with the Steelers RIGHT NOW. I’d bet the Vikings take them down. Heck, the only reason they got their TD’s is because of long Pass Interference calls!! Vikings defense is the best in the league and week after week it’s not even close!!!!

7. vikings28 says:
    October 25, 2017 at 12:20 pm

——

Technically, Keenum was 2nd string at the beginning of the season.

8. Ugh… not a good start. Making me think of Courtney Brown. For you youngins, way back in 2000, Cleveland could have picked Courtney Brown with the first pick or Lavar Arrington with the 2nd pick.They picked Courtney. He got injured… done in the league within four years.

9. The arrogance of my fellow Vikings fans is nothing short of shocking. Yes, I understand that it’s the Factory of Sadness, but still, any given Sunday.

10. kennylc2015 says:
    October 25, 2017 at 12:44 pm
    ___________
    Is he the one who the ref hit him in the eye with the yellow beanbag flag?

11. Dude looks like a future all time great pass rusher. give it time, cleveland. Getting a premier pass rusher is the first step in making a great defense.

12. People said the same about Clowney his first year. He was oft injured but he’s seemingly gotten over that hump and played well for the Texans. I honestly believe that Garrett is better than Clowney too.

13. obsessedvikingfan says:
    October 25, 2017 at 1:00 pm
    kennylc2015 says:
    October 25, 2017 at 12:44 pm
    ___________
    Is he the one who the ref hit him in the eye with the yellow beanbag flag?

————————-

I think that was Orlando Brown.

14. 4 sacks in 3 games and someone says bust??? He will be fine.. I guess Malike Hooker is a bust for the colts too since he is injured. Im sure Texans fans would be screaming bust the first time fragile Watson gets a hang nail and takes a game off. (even though he looks like a mvp)