Aaron Jones on his arrest: I made a mistake and take full responsibility

Getty Images

Aaron Jones wouldn’t answer questions about his Oct. 2 arrest, but the Packers rookie running back did apologize in a statement Tuesday.

“I owe an apology to my family, teammates, coaches, the fans and the Packers organization,” Jones said, via Ryan Wood of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “I made a mistake, and I take full responsibility for it, and it won’t happen again. I can’t speak on it because it’s an ongoing legal matter.”

Six days before his first start, Jones was arrested after a traffic stop. He pleaded not guilty to charges of speeding, driving without a valid license and operating a vehicle with a controlled substance in his system, according to court records.

He has rushed for 370 yards and three touchdowns on 70 carries this season.

24 responses to “Aaron Jones on his arrest: I made a mistake and take full responsibility

1. “I made a mistake, and I take full responsibility for it, and it won’t happen again.”

If you are taking full responsibility, why are you pleading “not guilty”?

2. Man this oppression needs to stop. Let the man ride high with no license and focus on the white collar crime that is destroying our communities.

3. Young and dumb and dont know the difference. One of the troubles today is dumb young ones and the stinky *** wacky terbacky.

4. whynotjustadmitit says:

gtodriver

You can always tell when someone knows nothing about Americas judicial system.
    *******

I understand the judicial system. I also understand what taking full responsibility means.

Apparently you don’t.

5. motsuret06 says:
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Don't be pickin' on the weed bro………..

6. TheVikingsHaveHowManySBTrophys? says:
    November 21, 2017 at 8:54 pm

You can’t fix stupid.
    ——————–

At least you tried.

7. gtodriver

You can always tell when someone knows nothing about Americas judicial system.
    *******

Apparently you don’t.

————————————
    Taking full responsibility also means letting the legal system take its course & getting the best outcome possible for yourself.

8. Considering how he played after smoking bud, the rest of the team including the coaches should maybe give it a try.

9. gtodriver says:
    November 21, 2017 at 7:37 pm

If you are taking full responsibility, why are you pleading “not guilty”?
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He knows enough to not discuss an ongoing legal matter any further. He knows he forfeits his right to a trial if he pleads guilty. Unless you were the arresting officer there isn’t much you can add, other than your intent to stir things up with your anti-Packer BS, as usual, rinse-and-repeat.

10. aarons444 says:

November 22, 2017 at 10:49 am

Better get control of your team McCarthy!!!
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

team quit on him during the Atlanta laugh fest…..

11. taintedsaints2009 says:
    November 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm
    Where’s that packer fan who keeps a list of Viking player arrests…

He’s branching out and taking a look at your Senator.

12. Ummm, a mistake is putting salt in a cake instead of sugar. Getting high on your own requires planning, driving without a liscence require forethought and speeding while doing both requires stupidity.