Eagles’ Mychal Kendricks, Vikings’ Eric Kendricks not speaking this week

Getty Images

Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks and Vikings linebacker Eric Kendricks are brothers, and close enough that they speak often during the season. But not this week.

Mychal said he and Eric talked a lot the week before the last regular-season meeting between their two teams. But on Sunday, when they’re meeting with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line, Mychal said he hasn’t talked to Eric and has no plans to, maybe not even for a post-game handshake.

“None of that has gone down this week,” Mychal Kendricks said. “I don’t see it happening before the game or after the game or Saturday night. This is the biggest game of our lives to this date and nothing else matters.”

Mychal did say that the two will eventually talk, once the adrenaline has worn off. And he added that, “whoever loses, it’s going to be messed up.”

39 responses to “Eagles’ Mychal Kendricks, Vikings’ Eric Kendricks not speaking this week

1. as a viking fan for eternity, i swear if this game tomorrow comes down to a field goal or whatever, i should plan on having an ambulance on stand by…for the love of god, just one super bowl victory in my life is all i ask!!!

2. Yeah, because everyone’s clamoring to finally see Case Keenum get there. :/

ragnarthemagnificent says:
    Nobody wants to see Nick Foles in the SB not even the NFL.

3. I’m sure Mychal will talk to Eric when Eric gives him some tickets to the Super Bowl to watch the Vikings play.

4. I can see not talking this week but after the game one winner and one loser they should hug each other and the loser should congratulate the winner and wish him luck in the SB

5. I would rather watch Case in the SB who was established in the regular season, 3-1 TD ratio.. Won the team games?? than some bum who’s filled in for a MVP QB, and at best plays not to lose in Nick Foles. once agin Phillys D has to go against a top 10 offense and best defense in the NFL = win for the Vikings. That RPO Crap won’t work on a great d.

6. That great d just allowed 24 in a half and blew 17-0 point lead. They needed a 60 yard bomb and a horribly bad play by a safety to advance. I don’t care who was playing QB, that’s not great. We aren’t talking 85 bears here.

7. @Thought

This will be the fourth game this season that the Eagles played a team that had a player’s sibling

Eagles Kelce vs Chiefs Kelce
    Eagles Watkins vs Rams Watkins
    Eagles Long vs Bears Long
    Eagles Kendricks vs Vikings Kendricks

8. cinfante54 says:

Eagles Kelce vs Chiefs Kelce
    Eagles Watkins vs Rams Watkins
    Eagles Long vs Bears Long
    Eagles Kendricks vs Vikings Kendricks

———————————–

You forgot Eagles Celek vs 49ers Celek

Go Eagles

9. “This is the biggest game of our lives to this date and nothing else matters.” Pretty sad when a game is more important than family.

10. “Eric is a tackling machine and has replaced Bobby Wagner as best MLB in NFL . Skol”

—-

I’m a life long Vikings fan and while Eric Kendricks is very good, Wagner and Kuechly are both better than him. Quite being a homer… My God reading some of you fellow “Vikings fans” (the trolls should be obvious) posts just makes me cringe and utterly illustrates why other fans think we are complete tools! We’ve LITERALLY won NOTHING… EVER! Yet there’s about 20 posters a day here making grandiose predictions. Let’s have our favorite team actually win something first… How’s that sound??

11. famundacheese says:
    January 20, 2018 at 12:36 pm

It’s kinda dishonest to not at least mention that the Saints had the #2 offense in the league.

12. This is such a lie. NFL radio literally had both of them on at the same time a couple days ago for an interview and they were talking about facing each other and last week’s games. They talked back and forth, told stories, etc lol

13. Pretty neat that they take their jobs serious. Yet, they’ll speak again later on because they’re family.
    (get clue rodgers)

14. @twesty I’m not saying they are bad. I think its a one score game either way. This notion that they are unbeatable is insane. The Saints have a good offense. They drove right down the field the whole second half. It doesn’t change the fact that they gave up a 17 point lead and allowed 24 points in a half. On paper the Vikings look to be the pick. The game is not played on paper. The Falcons won on paper last week and now they get to watch.

15. These teams are carbon copies of each other. Both great Defenses. Both conservative on Offense. The Vikes almost blew the game last week but the Offense put the Saints in position on a short field twice (INT and blocked punt). So I wouldn’t pin it all on the D. This game is a turnover game. Which means that it’s on Case and Foles. Who can make plays, especially on 3rd down, and who will throw the ball to the other team. Gonna be tight and hard hitting. Team with the ball last wins.

16. Yes, Drew Brees, a future hall of famer, went down the field and helped gain a late lead in the game in the 4th qtr thanks to two huge turnovers and the Vikings actually in prevent more than they ever play. I dont see Foles doing that.

17. Geez, I can’t believe hock confident some of my Viking fan brethren are! Wow!

Look, this is how it’s gonna go tomorrow.

Whichever team wins the battle in the trenches, and doesn’t turn the ball over, will win! Simple as that!

So that’s why it comes down to the trenches, and ball security. I’d call receiver corp a wash, rbs even, and Defense, roughly even. Mn has better secondary, but philly has better front 7.

So ball security and trenches is where this game will be won.

18. They’re 17 months apart & both played in the Pac-12 for the 2 Power 5 public universities in the Golden State–Mychal at California (Berkeley) in 2008-11 & Eric at UCLA in 2011-14 (after redshirting in 2010)

19. Jerry gets it. I agree with just about everything you wrote. I’m an Eagles fan so maybe its my green tinted glasses, but I like the Eagles O and D lines more. That and a loud rowdy atmosphere, which I think makes the QBs a wash if not slightly favoring Foles. I expect a knock down, drag out game that goes to the wire. Good Luck Jerry.

20. jimmytwotimes says:
    January 20, 2018 at 1:24 pm

I would say pretty uncomfortable since Eric will be the one wearing the ring

————————————–

And then you woke up.

21. Keenum this year is better than foles is. But it’s marginally better. It’s enough that philly should be favored yet, because of home field advantage. But, if Wentz was available to play, I’d have philly by 14. But because of foles, and keenum being a little better than foles, I’d call it even.

So ball security and trenches is where this game will be won.

That’s kinda obvious. But what your Barney brethern also fail to admit, for all his improvisational skills, he takes entirely too many chances with the football, especially out of the pocket.

Foles doesn’t. He doesn’t force throws or take many chances, UNLESS, the score opens up and he takes shots down the seam or with 50/50 balls on the outside. The score dictates on what chances Foles takes. Same can’t be said for Keenum.

22. Here’s something no one is predicting, which is good so you’ll all remember this: Eagles win in a blow-out! Vikings OL is weak-link, Eagles front dominates, forcing Keenum turnovers early and short field scores. And once the momentum starts and the crowd takes over the game, Vikings have no veteran leadership to stop it. No miracle can save them this week. Expect a rout.

23. The City of Brotherly Silence. Can’t say I blame them a bit. Counting down the hours. This is going to be fun.

24. I don’t see Philly having a realistic chance. Of course fans will say after the loss that they would’ve won with Wentz, but that’s irrelevant. You have to play with who you have, and Keenum is much better than Napoleon Foles.

25. Thebisoncometh

The funny thing about your assessment of Keenum is that he actually has the highest passer rating in the league when throwing outside of the pocket.

26. TheBisonCometh says:
    January 20, 2018 at 6:34 pm

So ball security and trenches is where this game will be won.

***

Nah man. Eagles have scored two offensive TDs since 12/25 and was shutout against the cowboys. Keenum isn’t just “marginally better” than foles or say the WRs and RBs are a wash.

27. Eagles fan here and I have total respect for the Vikings, but in my opinion, this game will be won in the trenches.
    Eagles D line is better than Vikings O line.
    Eagles O line is better than Vikings D line.
    Foles and Keenum are comparable.
    The crowd will be insane at the Linc and this favors the Eagles.
    Close game, but I think the Eagles prevail.

28. famundacheese says:
    January 20, 2018 at 12:36 pm

That great d just allowed 24 in a half ….
    ))))))))))))))))
    They got two short field TD’s. One if the refs call the obvious PI on Thielen by Lattimore the Vikings have a first down.And aren’t punting so no blocked kick.I got a question.So are you saying if the Vikings are up 17-0 you are going to be feeling pretty confident today? I didn’t think so.