David Tepper isn’t a Donald Trump fan

AP

The tensions between the National Football League and the Commander-in-Chief won’t be subsiding when the newest member of the club officially gets made.

Billionaire David Tepper has spoken out publicly on multiple occasions regarding President Donald Trump. Chances are that Tepper eventually will do it again.

“Whether I like the person or not I’m not going to get into that,” Tepper recently said while speaking at Carnegie Mellon University, via SI.com, “although I did call him a demented, narcissistic scumbag. And if you look up demented, narcissistic scumbag, you’ll see my name calling Trump that. Just Google those three words.”

We did. And it does.

Here’s the full quote, from an appearance by Tepper on CNBC less than a month before the 2016 election: “You have one person with questionable judgment and the other person may be demented, narcissistic and a scumbag. Not saying which one’s which. You can make your own decision on that.”

Tepper’s decision seems to be less about ideology and more about pragmatism and practicality.

“This is a guy, and you talk about calamity, this is a guy that has to remind himself on the podium to stay on message,” Tepper said on CNBC before the election, via SI.com. “‘Stay on message, Donald. Stay on message.’ The reason people are nervous about this guy is, is he going to get in the Oval Office and say, ‘Don’t press that button, Donald. Don’t press that red button.’ It could be dangerous. I don’t want a guy that talks like that to himself after he’s reminding himself to stay on message.

That’s a very correct statement. If there’s no world, Tepper will lose everything. Along with everyone else.

For now, he’ll likely soon be acquiring the Panthers. Which gives him one more thing he’ll lose if the world is destroyed.

103 responses to “David Tepper isn’t a Donald Trump fan

1. I like Tepper more and more. However, he now has to remember that his Panthers fanbase are the buckle of the Bible Belt and 75%+ worship Trump.

2. Except we’re almost halfway and we are making peace with the biggest group that could threaten us all. N Korea. Economy is up as well. No troops have been deployed, no embassies have been sacked.

Sorry you have personal issues with the guy, I think he’s a slimey too, but I think he does act in the best interest of the country, and that’s the difference between him and Hilary. Hilary is just as slimey but will act purely in her own interest and sell us all down the tubes, evidenced by her inability to even come out and thank her base when she lost.

3. The 7th overall pick who has been paid millions had 11 catches his first season and he’s carrying on about “haters”? Snowflake.

4. Worry about your team Mr Tepper. You seem to be doing just fine under Donald Trump as are the rest of us, Unemployment down, stock market up, N. Korea caving, etc, etc. You best worry about whether your team can win cause the rest of us already are.

Cue the haters in 3…2…1.

5. I’ve hated presidential candidates in the past and have only truly thought a few would be amazing presidents. At this point in my life I think it’s safe to say that no president can really effect my life that much. Sure, some small things might be slightly effected but in general my quality of life would be the exact same right now had Clinton or an independent won.

Thumbs up if you agree that our government’s structure prevents any president from effecting our lives significantly. I’m talking about overall life too.

6. As a New Yorker, the whole world gets to see what we’ve seen for decades. A fraud. Doesn’t pay his bills, uses shell companies to pay his mastercard with his visa and go bankrupt how many times? A philanderer, me me me me me me guy. What a tool.

But his ‘base’ is blind as a bat.

I’m a retired cop, so don’t start with the libtard crap. I want change too. But not the way he’s doing it. The RNC and his base calls everyone who does not agree with everything he does a libtard or whatever. Uneducated morons.

Hope the midterm elections nullify his ability to be ‘effective’. His ineffectiveness will be the best thing for all of us. So we can watch him cry and act like the child that he is.

Peace Prize. LOL. How about one phone call from China is all it took. One more blast and the mountain would collapse, anyway. Trump makes Nixon and Harding look like Washington and Lincoln.

7. For all the liberals who suddenly like him, he’s a RINO who supported Jeb Bush’s campaign.

8. typical obama fan, this actual president has been doing more in 1.5 years that all 8 years of his predecessor than the only thing he did was sent money to our enemy (IRAN ) and when he negotiated with this country never includes the FBI agent kidnapping by this regimen leaving this american citizen behind. the National Anthem must be respect for everybody not for few

9. We should champion him around everywhere and hold him up like Simba because he made fun of Trump. LOL @ Liberals. That is the world we live in today.

10. Michael E says:
    May 15, 2018 at 11:54 am
    So I’m sure he will give back his tax cut.

*****************************************************************************

What relevance does that have to the story? Tepper’s got zero issues with tax cuts or republicans — he’s voted for and donated to republicans extensively, largely because of agreement over economic issues including tax policy.

11. Tepper has generally supported the GOP (as multi-billionaire hedge fund managers usually do). He supported Jeb Bush. He just doesn’t support Trump.

This isn’t a liberal, this is a conservative Republican voter.

12. Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do on the campaign trail. Who would have thought a President or any politician could actually do that?! You can call him a narcissistic scumbag if you want but he’s our narcissistic scumbag. He’s blasting homeruns over the fence every day and that’s what he was hired for. Leave the nice guy soaring speeches for the do nothings like Obama.

13. I said the same thing about both candidates in 2016, but I have to admit Trump has done a much better job than I ever would have thought. He still has questionable moral character, doesn’t act presidential, and lies a lot, but he’s actually getting good things done, probably because he isn’t a politician and doesn’t play the games. If you can’t admit the country is in a lot better shape now than it was two years ago, you’re just being stubborn.

14. “It makes people nervous. And that’s economics. If the world’s destroyed, I don’t have anything. So that’s not good for me.”

Hmmm, only worried about the things you have and not this great country. I wonder who the real demented, narcissistic scumbag is that he is talking about. Sounds like he’s talking about himself.

15. Don’t care about any of the owners’ political opinions/leanings. I care about their ability to build a winning team and entertaining product.

16. I think hedge fund crooks along with pampered millionaire players disrespecting our flag and the idiot commissioner condoning it are demented, narcissistic scumbags

17. Hopefully Tepper can usher change with his comments. Gas prices are on the rise… thanks Donald! You’re really making America great again by making everyone pay more for gas, transportation, etc. Appreciate your efforts.

18. Maybe I could respect him if any of the comments he’d made about Trump had a modicum of logic or a single fact in them. Instead they’re just this guy’s piss-poor imitation of stand-up comedy.

I’ll pass.

19. There were plenty of people who were not fans of Obama, but the media never felt the need to point them out. The rules change though, when the American people elect a non-liberal president. Real journalists don’t allow their bias to effect their reporting, but there are fewer and fewer left with that kind of integrity.

20. All he does is keep on winning-that’s what matters. There are always going to be people blind with hate, but all he does is move forward and betters America.

21. He isn’t wrong is he? Presidents by nature are egotistical and a bit narcissistic, but this president is flat out loco.

22. Michael E says:
    May 15, 2018 at 11:54 am
    So I’m sure he will give back his tax cut.
    _________________________________________________

Right. I bet this dude’s tax cut could pay to fix up a lot of roads and bridges…

23. I don’t particularly care for Trump neither, but in which way is this football related? Or should we now know how every NFL owner feel about him?

24. uglydingo says:
    May 15, 2018 at 11:43 am

===============================================================================
    The real problem isn’t Trump, but comments like Tepper’s and yours, which assume that because certain people vote for a certain candidate, they automatically “worship” that person.

Charlotte also happens to be the belt buckle of the old textile industry that got hammered after NAFTA all across the south, with the vast majority of those plants going under. Trump is the first President since NAFTA that actually acts like he cares about restoring America’s manufacturing base. President Trump’s many personal failings aside, insult him and his voters at your own risk (and yes there is a risk).

25. Not sure the point of this article??? Poached a quote from 2016 before the election, excellent journalism / reporting.

If I had to guess anytime you see a chance to take a swing at President Trump you’re going to take it.

26. He beat a woman with a 2 billion dollar warchest and 90 percent negative coverage of him…he won states no Republican has won since Regean…the unemployment rate is under 4 percent… the stock market is up 6,000 points since his election…ISIS has stopped making videos of people being beheaded…and he’s about to bring peace to Korea all while under investigation for a sham collusion charge with Russia which was engineered to get him impeached…the guy is going down as one of histories great president says sorry snowflakes

27. Rate This
    backintheday99 says:
    May 15, 2018 at 12:04 pm

But his ‘base’ is blind as a bat.

———————————-

I am not always the biggest fan of Trump’s…I support him but had mixed feelings when he was elected. You say ineffective but he has kept a promise made by the last 3 Presidents in under a half term (established an Embassy in Jerusalem) brought N. & S. Korea to the table and pulled out of the awful Iran deal (that is just in the past couple of weeks!) Our economy is in pretty decent shape right now as well, with record lows in Black unemployment(so much for his racist policies being dangerous for Black people). These are all facts; I get he can come off as…..one who lacks tact at times, but he isn’t doing a bad job.

28. Ban on a specified religion
    Relentless attacks on a free press claiming confirmed statements Trump has made are “fake news lies”
    Relentless attacks on the independent judiciary
    Threats against any Republican or Democrat who opposes his goals
    Massive pollution for profit scheme that will negatively impact the health of millions of Americans
    Corruption at every level of his administration

Trump is a fascist who is doing everything in his power to rip off the country. His followers are like those of Germany in the early and mid 1930s, nothing but blind sheep. As he moves us ever farther away from democracy the country will blink its eyes and many of you will act surprised we are suddenly living in a totalitarian country and not a democracy any more.

29. In 2016, there were just over 320 million people in the US. Figure about half of them by age are eligible to run for President.

Of that 160 million, figure half are Democrat and half are Republican for simplicity. In each party, there are probably only a thousand or so viable candidates (Senators, House members, Governors, state officials, and industry leaders).

Of that thousand, there were probably only a dozen or so potential Democrat nominees who were capable of losing to Donald Trump. And one of them did. It really is that simple.

I’m no Trump fan. And I was certainly no fan of his predecessor. But I do have some advice for the Trump haters. You really need to pace yourselves. If you are this distraught after less than 2 years, you might not last 4, let alone 8. Please be civil. Your bodies will thank you.

30. Imagine a headline “Tepper isn’t an Obama fan”.

“He must be a racist”. lol Its all chaos to divide people, wake up!

31. If Trump is a narcissist then what did that make Obama? Obama thought himself the smartest guy in the room not matter who was in attendance. It must kill Obama that Trump is dismantling one-by-one every “accomplishment” and regulation Obama put in place. By the end of Trump’s 8-years, it will be as if Obama never existed.

32. “Whether I like the person or not I’m not going to get into that,”

So he’s not going to get into that, right? Then absolutely contradicts himself and carries on anyway-

And he’s as proud as a 13 year old that this shows up in a Google search. Wow. If he said the exact same thing about Hillary- Google would have buried it anyway.

33. although I did call him a demented, narcissistic scumbag
    ==============================================
    Who cares if Trump is a ‘demented, narcissistic scumbag’. As long as he’s getting things done in the White House – that his predecessor could only dream of – I’m a huge fan

34. nhpats says:
    May 15, 2018 at 1:44 pm

______

Exactly as it should be. Trump isn’t self-serving- Amerca first! Obama/Clinton are complete sell-outs.

35. “David Tepper isn’t a Donald Trump fan”

Good for him, neither is Melania.

Still amazes me how so many people try so hard to stick up for that piece of trash attention hog.

36. Hopefully Tepper can usher change with his comments. Gas prices are on the rise… thanks Donald! You’re really making America great again by making everyone pay more for gas, transportation, etc. Appreciate your efforts.
    ==========================================
    Haha way to pick out the one thing a president has no control over to fit your own agenda.

37. Reading these comments can only make me weep for America and civil discourse. Education is dead. And that most certainly includes self education. Self education is up to the individual. You can’t blame anyone if you can’t educate yourself. Repeating other people isn’t education. That’s being a spokes model for someone else. A slave to someone else ideas.

38. jimjets says:
    May 15, 2018 at 12:22 pm
    Panthers just became my 3rd favorite team. Awesome. And what an improvement over the last owner
    ===============================================
    Spoken like a true NY liberal

39. harrisonhits2 says:
    May 15, 2018 at 1:25 pm
    Ban on a specified religion
    Relentless attacks on the independent judiciary
    Threats against any Republican or Democrat who opposes his goals
    Corruption at every level of his administration

———

Lol what religion did he “ban”?
    Who did he threaten? How?

You sound like those illuminati videos that claimed Obama was the anti-Christ. Stop comparing Trump to the fuhrer. It’s cringe-worthy.

40. “we are making peace with the biggest group that can harm us all. North Korea.”

Ridiculous. No one considered, or even thought of, North Korea as a threat until Trump decided that it was his next media event. North Korea poses no military or economic threat to the US. It would be decades before North Korea can come anywhere close to having missiles or aircraft capable of reaching the US.

41. Intelligent folks do not believe we are closer to the end of the world today than before Obama’s years of tears ended. Except for a truly demented, narcissistic and a scumbag named Tepper who believes he is really important just because he has gobs of money which Tepper proves beyond all doubt that having money does not confer intelligence.
    Wonder how Tepper will Fu#k up his new football team toy with his demented, narcissistic and a scumbag personality?

42. Sorry Mr. Tepper, but there is no actual button in the White House that can launch nuclear missiles.

43. Hopefully Tepper can usher change with his comments. Gas prices are on the rise… thanks Donald! You’re really making America great again by making everyone pay more for gas, transportation, etc. Appreciate your efforts.
    ==========================================
    ————————–

So Trump and people like you will brag and boast when the “Gas prices are the lowest in the U.S. in over ten years!”, which was false by the way. Yet when the prices are going up, it’s no longer his fault and you’re pounding the conservative news pages for proof as to why.

Typical.

And before you try to use the same lame excuse as to why nobody like’s people like and/or Trump, I’m not a liberal.

44. This place is devolving into SNL-level virtue signaling.

And what exactly does virtue signaling accomplish anyway? If you really wanted to do something about what you feel is wrong, posting garbage online about it doesn’t help in the least.

45. tylawspick6 says:

May 15, 2018 at 12:06 pm

This will not go over well in right wing nutbag Charlotte!
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

46. Peace Prize? Really? For what? Disrupting the most volitile place on the planet, the Middle East? For supporting a hateful agenda and causing divisiveness at home and abroad?
    He hasn’t even negotiated with the North Koreans and he won’t because his people won’t let him, he simply lacks the expertise. If and when an agreement is reached, he will merely sign it. But take note, there is still time for him to screw this up too.
    If you really want to know about your president, read foreign news. You will find very few supporters outside of Israel and Russia.
    Besides, the Norwegians award the prize and they do not like Trump at all.
    No, there will be NO peace prize for Trump, he won’t even make Time’s man of the year.

47. “Haha way to pick out the one thing (gas prices) a president has no control over to fit your agenda”.

Gas prices are rising because Trump is destabilizing the Middle East. Pulling out of the Iran agreement without a viable alternative. Moving our embassy to Jerusalem simply to placate Israel, without any regard to the effect on diplomacy with other countries. Trump is solely responsible for all of these unnecessary actions that are causing oil, and thusly gas prices, to rise.

48. I agree with Tepper. As a Viet Nam vet who was drafted I don’t respect Cadet Bonespurs with his five fake cowardly deferments for a non existent medical condition. The scumbag calling McCain out for being captured is the height of hypocrisy. It’s truly sad that so many on here are fine with a person that has a very distant relationship with the truth and claims to never need to apologize. Never realized how many just plain stupid people in this country. The same people claim to be good christians…….please child….bless your pea picking dumbass heart.

49. Gotta love republican logic. When unemployment was down under Obama everyone screamed fake news because the figure didn’t include people who dropped out of the workforce, part timers, etc. Those same factors still apply but now that a republican is in office, everyone forgets that and credits Trump with these great numbers, which were the same under Obama. Peace with N. Korea? When Obama tried to have direct talks everyone on the right said he was a newborn who didn’t know what he was doing. Trump himself slammed the idea multiple times but now that a republican is doing it, it’s all good. You people are hypocrits.

50. Charlotte overwhelmingly voted for Clinton. Not only that, in its history, Charlotte has only had 4 Republican mayors. So before trying to insult a city, perhaps you should educate yourself first.

Tylawspicksix has been noted as a Beacon of intelligent thought or morals and to wait for him to educate himself is just too painful to comprehend. Just keep in mind he is from NE……nuff said.

51. Rush Limbaugh was disqualified from buying the Rams because he was to politically polarizing but Twitter is OK? We just got rid of imbeciles kneeling and insulting most of the fans and now we’re going to have to suffer this nitwit. He is absolutely a spoiled, rich narcissist. He has tho be denied ownership. The precedent has been set with Rush. Finn ff a better person to buy the club. He’s already deeply insulted oo feet half his own potential fans. That’s demented.

52. harrisonhits2 says:
    May 15, 2018 at 1:25 pm
    Ban on a specified religion
    Relentless attacks on the independent judiciary
    Threats against any Republican or Democrat who opposes his goals
    Corruption at every level of his administration

————————————————

53. Sounds like maybe they need to cut his meds back a little. Probably also enjoys the Kneeling Football Leagues employee anti-American protesters.

54. This country would be much better WITHOUT donald trump and george h.w. bush’s children.

55. You’re tear filled rant makes me laugh. 2020 will be super fun. You people need to quit calling the US a democracy because it’s not. It’s a Representative Republic. There’s a difference, look it up and suck it up.

Looks like you may need to stop believing what you see on State Tv…..Fox Entertainment Network. Don’t be afraid of what you disagree with……..you can come to grips with the truth and reality….it just requires ou to pull your head,out of your butt.

56. I wish all these isolated, insulated right-wing fascists would stop watching the NFL
    like they said they were gonna do when the Kaepernick protests were in the news.

57. link49 says:
    May 15, 2018 at 12:10 pm
    ====================

The Iran deal released Iran’s OWN money back to them. This current president will be giving TAXPAYER money to N.Korea to keep them from nuking us and to prop up their economy. Something he promised he wouldn’t be doing.

58. Tepper another bitter lefty. Sad. The truth is the economy is on fire and hasn’t been this robust since Reagan’s presidency. Oh and loons who think Trump is responsible for the increase in cost of gasoline, please go back and read the section of your GED preparation guide on supply and demand.

59. Nofoolnodrool says:
    May 15, 2018 at 4:40 pm

——————————————

That’s odd, since when do liberals not make any valid points, tell people what to do, then use a childish insult to top it off? Weird…….

60. Reading some of these comments it’s easy to see why democrats have lost over 1200 state seats, 14 governorships, the house, the senate and the oval office since the beginning of the Obama admin.

61. Hey Donald! About that Nobel Peace Prize you’ve already won in your mind….Kim Jong Un is on line one and says you may want to wait before you start giving that acceptance speech.

Tepper is SPOT ON about this fella.

62. This should make SJWs happy he can get Kaepernick as a QB and P Diddy and Jay Z for offensive and defensive coordinators !

63. Michael E says:
    May 15, 2018 at 6:35 pm

And their SJW tactics/beliefs will be a factor should their “blue wave” turn out to be nothing.

64. Get ready for the Blue Wave, contards. First the House and Senate will flip blue, then Trump will go down in flames in 2020. The majority of the American people are already sick and tired of his antics, and can’t wait to kick his ass out of the White House.He hasn’t done a damn thing for us, and you contards can watch Faux News all you want. Guess you enjoy being lied to. Suck it up, snowflakes, better days are coming.

65. “I like Tepper more and more. However, he now has to remember that his Panthers fanbase are the buckle of the Bible Belt and 75%+ worship Trump.

Never been to Charlotte, have you?