Getty Images

Former Patriots defensive end Cassius Marsh took some heat from New England fans when he said he’s glad to be with the 49ers because the Patriots don’t have any fun. But unlike some athletes whose words get them in trouble, Marsh isn’t claiming he was taken out of context or misunderstood.

Marsh released a video in which he doubled down on those comments about the Patriots, saying that if New England fans don’t like what he had to say, that’s their problem.

“I just want to address all you Patriots fans who don’t like this new article. I’m sorry to hurt your feelings. Seems to be breaking your heart. But if you can’t handle the truth, stay off my page. Don’t read articles. That’s how I felt. That’s how I still feel and I’m grateful to be away from there, grateful to be where I’m at.”

It’s to Marsh’s credit that he’s not trying to weasel out of his previous comments. Even if, given that Marsh lasted only a couple months in New England before the Patriots cut him, it appears that the Patriots didn’t think much of him, either.

261 responses to “Cassius Marsh to Patriots fans: Sorry if you can’t handle the truth but that’s how I feel

1. Much as I despise the Patriots, this just seems more like a case of sour grapes from a guy NE got rid of.

2. I mean, if you want “fun”, New England and the Patriot Way probably isn’t for you. It’s cool, it’s not for everyone. Personally, though, when I think of not-fun things, I think about Kareem Hunt victimizing Cassius Marsh in last season’s opener. I can completely understand someone not having fun when they’re being made to look bad at their job.

3. I dont care about either team, but perhaps someone who’s only had a total of 6 sacks and 85 tackles in a 4 year career shouldnt be so critical of his former employer.

4. New England…where winning championships isn’t fun. Apparently everyone hates playing for belichick. Even Brady can’t stand him. That crap that belichick threw in the Super Bowl benching butler really was an eye opener for some players. It’s all about belichick and his ego and not the team.

5. Marsh has made himself the target of Pats fans projections- their real anger come from knowing he’s right.

6. Sounds like a disgruntled loser. Your getting paid to win championships not cry about how it isn’t fun.

7. What’s really breaking my heart is wasting a 5th rnd pick for a guy who just can’t play. Maybe I should post some of Marsh’s game film on my social media. It’s quite amusing.

8. He seems butthurt he was sent out of New England. Of course he is going to say he is happier in San Fran.

He will be bitter at the Niners also once they release him in August when they see he can’t play. He can’t hold with a team. Niners are his third team since he was drafted by Seattle in 2014. He a nobody.

9. Come on, now guys who’ve either never been in the spotlight or are just trying to remain relevant resort to this type of stuff all the time

10. So now all other coaches out there know that not only can’t the guy set an edge, he also would rather have fun than work hard and he prefers to blame other people for his failure. I wouldn’t bet on his staying on the Niners roster long.

11. It took me a second to even remember this guy. Now I recall him getting torched over and over again before being released by New England and picked up by a bottom feeder team. Everyone ended up better off.

12. eaglesmancave says:
    May 28, 2018 at 10:44 am
    The meltdown continues. Karma on line 1, NE.

———-

13. Maybe Cassius has a point.

After all Vince Lombardi the 2nd Greatest NFL Head Coach of All-Time, 2nd to Bill Belichick, did famously say one time:

Winning isn’t everything, having fun is everything.

Wait, are you telling me Lombardi never made that statement?

Well, maybe Cassius has no point.

14. From looking through his twitter feed, this guy seems like he has very thin skin and gets very easily riled up by fans. Tee hee 🙂

So yes I’m sure his time in NE with a coach like Belichick wasn’t much fun 🙂 I’m sure one dimensional pass rushers like Marsh can find employment in the league but they don’t stick with good teams for a reason.

#Soft
    #Snowflake
    #WeaklingsDontBelongOnTheNFLsGreatestDynasty

15. remizak says:
    May 28, 2018 at 11:07 am

—————-
    Yep.

One dimensional players like him are a dime a dozen.

16. No Cassius. It’s not FACT. It’s your opinion. No wonder you failed so miserably in New England. You’re just another self-entitled brat who doesn’t understand that your at a JOB, not a playground..

17. It’s a pretty big stretch to think that anyone in NE is losing sleep over this. It looks to me like BB saw some good speed in Marsh and thought he could be an even better player than he was at the time. Marsh turned out to be a one trick pony and couldn’t handle coverage. This is not insignificant because ultimately NE lost the SB because BB had no answer at LB for the RPO. Maybe Marsh sees this in reflection and is finding a way to give himself a soft landing.

18. cardinalsfan87 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 10:59 am
    I love how NE cand act like they are above any form of criticism. You know it’s bad if players keep talking about how miserable they are there.

——————

Players criticize their former teams all the time. However, if you are a former Brown it doesn’t generate social media revenue.

19. cookerduff123 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 10:51 am
    Well Lane Johnson was right after all. Wasn’t just the “roids talking.”

—————————-

Nope…whenever Lane Johnson speaks…it’s the ‘roids talking…

20. The new season of soap opera in New England. We all know how it is run at Patsville, just nice to hear players not afraid of the dictator in New England and tell it like it is,

21. He’s only on Patriots roster for few months so I don’t think Pats fan need to be bent out of shape about this because it would give him too much credit. He has found a team he likes so good for him but he could also be a little classier because you just never know what one’s career direction can turn…

22. Marsh still has windburn from Kareem Hunt last September. Explains why he is still sore.

🙂

23. He’s not insulting the Patriots,he’s just letting everyone know he’s not a championship caliber player.He doesn’t want to put in the work.

24. eaglesmancave says:
    May 28, 2018 at 10:44 am
    The meltdown continues. Karma on line 1, NE.

Lame!!

Yeah it’s “karma” after 18 years
    Eagles fans are no different than Seahawks and Broncos fans
    The “next” dynasty

NE will be in another SB before the Eagles

25. wib22 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 11:07 am
    Here come the jealous patsy fans to tell us how we are all wrong

What exactly are Patriots fans jealous of and what do you think you’re right about??

26. Gotta love all the derogatory comments about the Niners (bottom feeders, etc.) from the Pats’ fans.

If the Pats win ten games this season they’ll TIE the Niners record of 16 consecutive seasons with tens wins or more. The Niners did it with two different QB’s and two different head coaches. Brady and Belichick aren’t going to be around forever, and in fact you guys lost a lot of talent in the offseason. So, enjoy it while you can, because although it seems like it might, it won’t last forever.

Thanks to Jimmy G. and a huge turnover in their roster the Niners are an ascending team. They have a great locker room going right now. Marsh is, more than anything, happy to be on a team that wants him — they just extended him on a modest two-year deal. He had two sacks for them in limited snaps in six games at the end of last year. Will he get closer to double-digit sacks this year with a regular role on the team over a full season? Who knows? We’ll see.

But speaking of having fun — how much fun was it in the Patriots’ locker room after that last Super Bowl. I guess maybe that defense could’ve used a bit more pressure off the edge . . . .

27. I love seeing how his comments hurt the Pats’ fans feelings. Boo-hoo. If your life sucks so bad that the only thing going for you is to have your life revolve around the Patriots than you’re even sorrier than I thought. Grow a pair.

28. Cassius who? Honestly, I’ve never heard of the guy. I looked up his stats. He played in only 9 games. As a fan, when the Pats are winning (and I mean 5 Super Bowl Championships in the last 16 years), I really don’t care if they’re having fun or not. I would prefer just to win. This guy must have got a lot of trophies and medals when he was younger. You see, at New England you only get Super Bowl rings. And the only way you get Super Bowl rings is to work hard. If you want to goof around, you should definitely go someplace else to play. I, again, as a fan, would prefer to know that the Pats had a serious week of practice and were fully prepared to play (and win) come Sunday, not to know that I’m happy to hear the boys =had fun at practice during the week. Give Cassius a trophy please (and a binky).

29. Cassius only got picked up by Pats becacuse 4 starting D-linemen were IR and even some of the 2nd & 3rd stringers were injured – and he still wasn’t good enough to get on the field! And this is the same decimated D (2/3rds of its starters including captain Hightower were IR) that Cassius recently claimed was the “1st team” that JimmyG shredded in practice every week. Sore little Cassius.

30. thrifty says:
    May 28, 2018 at 10:53 am
    Pats’ fans are overly sensitive anyway, especially after losing in SB 52.

61 32 Rate This

—————-

Actually, we just enjoy pointing out Patsnoia and your collective mental illness.

The day any intelligent person agrees with a whiny, enttled Millennial loser, is the day the Pats loser their edge.

The Pats like selfless, inteligent and tough players. Cassius Marsh sucks and yet has an odd inflated opinion of himself.

He will probably next be pinched for roids like Lane Johnson and then act like nothing happened.

The tool doesn’t even know what setting the edge means.

If anyone is questioning why cancers like Ealy, Marsh, Butler and Branch are gone, question it no more.

To think the Pats had so many cancers and were cheated by Goodell with 2 free tds in the SuperBowl and were lost by a TD, I like my odds in 2018.

Rude awakening coming for the haters. A very rude awakening.

31. Lynch probably wanted the guy because he’d understand the business as usual professionalism that experience with the Patriots would bring. He’s probably rethinking that right now.

32. eaglesmancave says:

The meltdown continues. Karma on line 1, NE.
    ————————————————–
    Absoutely love the ‘Karma’ people still out there. You say it as an insult, but have you looked at what the Patriots have accomplished lately? And by lately, I mean the past 17 years (and counting)

33. cobrala2 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 10:59 am
    Bruschi will sternly lecture us all on how wrong he is.
    Irony.
    ——————–

Bruschi is such a tool. I can’t stand to listen to him talk for 10 seconds

34. freefromwhatyouare says:

He seems butthurt he was sent out of New England.
    ===========================================

He wanted and successfully tried to get sent out of New England.

35. cardinalsfan87 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 10:59 am

50 44 Rate This

—————-

I think when it is unfounded by some whiny, trophy generation Millennial, yes, it comes off very hollow. Just how much critcism can be heaped on an injury ravaged team that loses a sb by a td, after seeing the commissioner yet again cheat them right in front of everyone.

Because NE loses a SB, 6 months of daily criticism needs to go on ad nauseum.

Fake news over and over, is still fake news.

Belichick literally took a veiled swipe at a guy like Marsh yesterday mocking an obsession with social media. You people just don’t get it.

Hitching your short term wagons to Goodell or a Cassius Marsh, means you lose in the end. All the whnning and cheating you Millennials want, won’t stop greatness in the history books.

Supporting weak people like Marsh is hilarious. Get a life and a college degree and do something with your life.

36. So when he is cut by the 49ers, we know one team who will not sign him.
    That was a stupid move on his part.
    He allowed the MEDIA to use him in order to gain profit and to advance some “journalists'” career.

37. I’m not having fun!!! I’m takin’ all my marbles & going to San Fran!!!!
    Whaaa Whaaaa Whaaaa

38. Why does the vocal minority have to give us a bad name? Cassius is the man- dude’s all heart. We all know Jimmy G can sling it and any pats fan who says they were happy to see him go is a liar. Cassius’ insight is dope. Jimmy’s gonna ball. I’m excited to see the guy do his thing. #realpatsfan

39. biancaneri says:
    May 28, 2018 at 10:51 am

======================

Its almost like the Pats were asking a speed rusher to cover an explosive RB in his first week on a new team or something.

The fun or no fun thing matters little. Different players will appreciate different atmospheres. The real point Marsh made is the Pats tried to turn him into something else from what he’d been.

40. Another Millennial Snowflake. I wanna have fun. The new generations coming up are a complete embarrassment. Go home and play some video games. That’s Fuuuunnnnnnnn!

41. I think he may still have whiplash from Kareem Hunt blowing by him continually. Let’s go easy on him.

42. When this dude gets cut in the preseason, it’s going to be funny.

I never get these people who think work is supposed to be fun, otherwise they can’t handle it. It’s a bonus if it is, but the nature of work is that you’re getting paid to do a job. Have your fun when you go home.

You also realize why the Seahawks went from one of the best teams in football to out of the playoffs in 3 years wile the Patriots have kept doing this with different names and faces for 20 years. Pete Carrol wanted them to have “fun,” and they still turned on him in that locker room.

43. tylawspick6 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 11:54 am
    thrifty says:
    May 28, 2018 at 10:53 am
    Pats’ fans are overly sensitive anyway, especially after losing in SB 52.

61 32 Rate This

—————-

The tool doesn’t even know what setting the edge means.

Rude awakening coming for the haters. A very rude awakening.
    *****************
    Without Brady your dynasty is over…. all smoke and mirrors now that TB realizes he was no other then Belicheat’s stool pigeon pats fans are the one’s in for the Rude Awakening. Lane was right and The Philly way is here to stay. Winning back to back Championships with different QB’s will prove it. No Brady no rings. FACT!

44. Paul Brown, George Halas, Vince Lombardi, Joe Gibbs, Tom Landry, Don Shula to name a few who were a bit more than great. Do New England have any idea of NFL history thinking that BB is the greatest coach ever ?

45. Scalesofjustice says:
    May 28, 2018 at 12:27 pm

2 0 Rate This

—————

Exactly. I am always shocked at adults who enable Millennials. Our society is crumbling due to dumb baby boomer parents and their Millennial children.

Marsh’s own actions and words represent Millennial behavior. The use of social media, know it alls, entitlement, unwilling to work or pay dues.

It is a huge problem in our society in general.

46. nevyn49 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 12:15 pm
    biancaneri says:
    May 28, 2018 at 10:51 am

======================

2 1 Rate This

—————-

Umm, what was he exactly? A 7th rd pick on a defense that started to rebuild last hear and Carroll couldn’t wait to unload the one trick pony.

BB thought he could work with him and coach him up and the Millennial rejected the chance to be coached to be more than just some gimmick player.

This guy is a fringe player acting like he is some important All Pro.

Pathetic.

47. cardinalsfan87 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 10:59 am
    I love how NE can act like they are above any form of criticism. You know it’s bad if players keep talking about how miserable they are there.
    …………………………………………………………………………………………………………

48. This guy likes to argue with fans and justify his comments on anonymous message boards…

Modern day NFL Sir Quixote of La Mancha… perhaps this is how he has fun.

He did not play well for the Patriots and did not do what was expected, maybe that is why he did not have “fun” with the Patriots..

49. LOL, Patsy fans. Y’all can go eat a bag of carrots. And in honor of Belichick’s way, you can eat them sideways for all Marsh cares.

50. tb12greatest says:
    May 28, 2018 at 12:42 pm
    if you want 1 super bowl, you play for “fun” teams like seattle or philly. if you want multiple championships, you play in NE.

1 0 Rate This

————

Bingo.

What do Baltimore, Seattle, Denver and now Philly have in common?

Inflated ego after SB win, a slow fade due to arrogance and ego.

Meanwhile, NE will be much healthier this year, play in an 8th straight conf. title game, and possibly in a 3rd straight SB.

This is really what these teams, players and fans are jealous of. This know this to be a reality and drives them insane they aren’t on that level as an organization.

51. Anyone remember those Lane Johnson comments a couple weeks back? and all you haters told him what he”doesn’t” know..funny. this isn’t the first report about this, and it won’t be the last.

52. thereyougo2 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 12:38 pm

1 1 Rate This

————-

Salary cap vs pre cap

Millennials

Millionaires

It is very clearly far more difficult to coach today than it was in the pre cap era before free agency and budget celiings.

Have a nice day and remember BB is the greatest GM and coach in sports history.

53. As a Giants’ fan, I can speak for the other 31 teams that each would be more than happy with Bill B as their head coach. They lose a Super Bowl that they easily could have won, especially if the refs were consistent with determining what was a catch will the calls they made all season, and everyone is all over Bill B. Greatest coach ever and I’m a Giants’ fan. Don’t care if it’s fun for these guys — it’s about results.

54. As a person with no connection whatsoever to the Patriots other than rooting for them and watching their games, I couldn’t care less how much “fun” their players have. They are handsomely compensated to perform physically and mentally grueling work. They all know “fun” isn’t in the job description.

If you want to have “fun” go play for the Jets or the Steelers.

55. Lol spoiled ass kid all his life thats why. In real life normal people, we do what the boss tells us to do and we work hard.

56. jw02554 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 12:05 pm

——————————
    JG is easy to like as a QB but we’ll see how he does this year with game tape on him and a harder schedule.

And we’ll also see how he physically holds up when he gets hit. Unfortunately he flunked that test as as a Patriot.

57. In New England, we play for fun… And winning is fun!

The sustained success of the organization cannot be denied. All of these comments comes from one-and-done losers who happened to be in the right place at the right time. I do wish we would have found a way to keep Jimmy Geez, but not playing out the string with Tom F. Brady would have been heresy. It was a situation where they could not come out a complete winner so they did the right thing and moved on and got to work finding another quarterback that could replace Tom when he chooses to retire. The positive side is we avoided a Favor – Rogers type scenario. Grabbing ring number 6 will see you like a whole lot of fun for a whole lot of people, so let’s do it! Go Pats!

58. If you’ve ever seen video of the Pats locker room after a victory you know that’s when they have “fun”

Work is called work for a reason. My boss doesn’t care if I have “fun” any more than NFL coaches should. This guy is a bottom tier player who didn’t want to do the work or work hard, plain and simple. I’d be happy to have “no fun” for even NFL minimum wage.

So many of these players are self entitled people who are disconnected from the real world.

59. cav2ya says:
    May 28, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Please please show us ALL the reports from players saying the DONT like or DIDNT like playing in NE.

You can’t.

60. you go to work, to work
    not to have fun
    ever wonder why NE is always competitive
    working hard makes you a better player, some guy’s never get it

61. The Millennials begin to surface at that level. This is the perfect example. “Too Hard”, “Too Much Work”, “Too Much Effort Required”……. “Thank you to everyone else for letting me ride their coattails, it wasn’t you guys, it was the mean boss”…….. oh, and let’s not forget “Where is the rest of my free stuff”

62. Let’s face it, Pats fans can’t handle a lot of things that are true. Many of those facts call into serious question the integrity of the head coach and starting quarterback, as well as the league championships the team claims. And they never will be able to handle the existence of those facts, because De Nile aint just a river in Egypt.

63. Just like Walter Cronkite….when you’ve lost Cassius Marsh you’ve lost the country. The only way this could be worse is if it came from a former parking attendant or other employee more valuable than Marsh.

64. I think the lack of fun they have maybe be correlated with abundance of success they have. 8 super bowls in last decade and a half sounds like idk though. Marsh is bum btw.

65. If this guys was at good at setting the edge on the football field as he is on social media he might still be a Patriot.

66. Hmmmm…fun or championships? Tough call but I’ll take the rings. Malcolm Butler, Gronk, Brady never have to pay for anything in Boston forever. While this guy gets to giggle and tummy tickle teammates the Patriots have to spend their time polishing trophies and being champions. No, you’re right, some guy who got cut, football at the pro level is about losing and laughing.

67. With the exception of a few teams, the fans of every other team would give up an appendage to have BB as their team’s coach

68. I’m sure if you ask Browns fans & players that if they had gone to 3 of the last 4 super bowls and won 2 of them, would that have been fun? I think the collective answer would be YES.

I realize the “haters” are jealous and miserable but the Pats accomplishments and success speak for themselves. You simply can’s dispute their record.

69. After the past season,the Super Bowl, and this off-season,I believe every word Marsh says. It’s gotten ugly in New England. As we all know,nothing lasts forever.

70. I’ll bet that had the Patriots won the Superbowl and he qualified for a Super Bowl ring, he would have held on to that comment. So those that are giving him props for not backing off of his position should consider that.

71. These questions get raised every year and every year the new season vindicates the Patriots. So … we’re supposed to believe the Eagles and 49ers will be successful and fun next year. Eagles will reoeat, bc anything short of that will bring out the Internet flame warriors and cheshire cat grinning trolls in force. And the 49ers will win their division — again, anything less … oh and the Patriots will fail to win it all. A 1-point loss in the SB will bring out the “I told you they were in decline” crowd. We’ll see.

72. It’s a complete show of just how deep in peoples heads, Belichick, Brady and the Patriots organization are.

Let’s just remove the Patriots from this, for a moment, and consider that a player who has been being paid, approximately, 600k per year is angry that his employer wasn’t allowing him to “have fun.”

Well, so so sad.. boo-hoo!

No one is saying you shouldn’t be able to call it as you feel.. but likewise, the majority of the population that only dreams of a yearly paycheck like that can tell you how we feel.. DEAL WITH IT! Just as you are saying to us.. “sorry if you can’t handle the truth, but that’s how I feel.”

73. Karma sure let the Patriots have a long run before it came knocking 😉 Cassius Marsh has no bearing on the success of any team. He’s using the Patriots brand to generate a social media presence and therefore personal gain.

Patriots Brand is a favorite of mine…… Does it mean cheating, crying at refs (all game long), or maybe just getting a new rule adjusted every year in the off season for last years stretching of said rule? Could be so many things. hmmmmm

74. May 28, 2018 at 12:42 pm
    *******************
    Didn’t we just dominate the Pats with our backups? Damn Pats fans are delusional. Cheating and brainwashing Brady to take below value deals so all the others stand is line is the ONLY reason the Pats WERE relevant. New Sheriff in town and his name is Lane.

75. I remember stepping up a couple of levels when I played sports and found myself out of my depth. It’s not enjoyable when you are half a yard of the pace no matter how hard you try or hard you work.

76. in other words, this guy was asked, like all NE players, to do lots of things, and do them well, work hard and take his job seriously. And he just wanted to do what he had always done—none too well—and when he was told that wasn’t acceptable from a professional, pouted. And so they let him go. And now he’s whining that it wasn’t “fun.” Immature and unprofessional. Not NE material. Glad he’s gone.

77. Having fun is for losers. Kids who have fun in school aren’t the ones who end up having success in life.

78. He said the Patriots misused him. They wanted him in coverage and he said he was a pass rushing specialist. He had 3 sacks in 3 years. Very special.

79. Valentino8100 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 10:57 am
    ~~““““““““““““““`
    Correct. Yet another failed belicheat draft pick.

80. bighairbingopro says:
    May 28, 2018 at 2:03 pm
    Hey Pats fanboys, you may be to homerized to see it but your team has major internal issues.

Yeah no

What are those “major issues???

81. nhpats says:
    May 28, 2018 at 1:40 pm

////////////////////////////////

Ummmmmm,no. Take off your homer glasses, did he lead the Browns to SB?

82. It’s funny to me how when the anthem issue is up for debate, so many people on here favor the owners, and say they have the right to, can, and should run their business however they feel, and it would seem those people believe in running a tight ship. But when the Patriots are involved, suddenly there’s a shift, and everyone seems to think the Pats need to lighten up and hang loose for the new class of millennial athletes, and y’know, maybe stop dominating the League so much. Not trying to stir any political debate with anthem talk, it doesn’t matter what side you’re on, and it’s only relevant here as a means to point out that it’s funny how bias works….

83. I must be missing something here. I never cared what Marsh said, nor whether it was the truth or not. I remember reading this a ways back but immediately forgot it until now when it got brought up again by him not me. How is he not caring what I think about something I never bothered thinking about?

84. Got away from NE and earned himself a new contract having fun. It’s not a normal 9 to 5 in the NFL and playing sports at any level should be fun if not why are they playing? They all wanna win championships but facts are most will not might as well live it up while playing.

85. eaglesmancave says:
    May 28, 2018 at 10:44 am
    The meltdown continues. Karma on line 1, NE.

———————
    Yah yah yah. Then the season starts.

86. The Patriots made him set the edge, he couldn’t,he was being used in a way he was not maximized, he asked to be cut, the team cut him, therefore the team is EVIL, because obviously IT WAS NOT MY FAULT!!!!! 🙂

87. So much for the players saying all they care about is winning. Guys like Marsh only care about themselves, not their teams.
    The fact is, Mr Marsh, the Patriots have been the best run organization in the NFL for about 15 years and they won before you got there and they will win now that you are gone. Meanwhile, this is your claim to fame — slamming the Patriots — and no one will remember you for anything else when you quit playing, which will be very soon because you simply aren’t any good.

88. If you look at BB’s devolopment at the Naval Academy and working with his dad coaching there, his approach to everything makes complete sense. Being a soldier isn’t supposed to be fun either and BB sees players as soldiers there to fill a role and do a job.

89. Sorry getting paid boatloads of money to play a kid’s game wasn’t more fun for you…

90. LOL…. He wasn’t good enough or committed enough to be a factor on a TEAM that requires maximum effort….
    Bill was kind enough to give him an opportunity to show his stuff & he failed……
    I’m so SOCK of all these self entitled players throwing the blame for their failures on someone else…. they should really look introspectively & hold themselves accountable for their lot in life & not be a cop out & point their fingers at someone or something else & cry FOUL…..
    Not only that, Happiness is a state of mind…..he can either choose to be happy or not…in life you usually get what you give…..

91. tedmurph123 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 3:19 pm
    nhpats says:
    May 28, 2018 at 1:40 pm

////////////////////////////////

Ummmmmm,no. Take off your homer glasses, did he lead the Browns to SB?

———–

He’s the last guy to lead them to the postseason…

Name the teams that would NOT want BB as their coach. It will be a very short list.

92. bannedfromchoirpractice says:
    May 28, 2018 at 12:47 pm
    =====================
    Um, read the article. He cares enough to respond.

93. It wasn’t any fun for him because he wasn’t any good and he didn’t want to work to become better. Play for a paycheck only. Championship teams aren’t made up of players like that.

94. Far be it from me to give Cassius Marsh career advice… but a 4th round pick with 6 career sacks over four years and three teams isn’t exactly a lock for a roster spot. Couple that with the fact that John Lynch, Kyle Shanahan and Belichick share a fairly well documented fondness for each other, and you might just want to chose your words more wisely. But hey, as long as you’re having fun… right?

95. biancaneri wrote:

“Personally, though, when I think of not-fun things, I think about Kareem Hunt victimizing Cassius Marsh in last season’s opener. I can completely understand someone not having fun when they’re being made to look bad at their job.”

Kareem Hunt racked up 148 yards rushing and tacked on another 98 yards receiving against just Cassius Marsh?!?!? Seems to me that the entire defense was made to “look bad at their job”. Or have you blocked the memory of Stephon Gilmore getting torched by Tyreek Hill??

96. Guy is on his 3rd team in 2 years. I wonder if the problem isn’t the teams, but the player who can’t stick with a team. Poor poor Cassius. “I only want to rush the passer!!” Hey, that’s great. Too bad a player is expected to do more than that. And it’s not like you’re Von Miller at edge rushing, you get buried and driven out on pretty much every snap. But at least you suck at tackling too.

97. Its ok. We’re good with what we have in our GOAT coach and qb and niners are good with possibly a great qb for their future. Most pats fans really like garrapalo and wish him the best.

98. It used to be us against the world. Now, the team and the fans are divided. This sucks. Do we pick TB, Gronk and Kraft..or BB and the coaching staff? I’m siding with Tommy, he made the plays to win the trophies. Sorry Bill, but you just watched like the rest of us. Pay TB and Gronk!!!!

99. When you use the words “millennial” and “snowflake” as a rebuttal you sound like a moron – for the record. I’ve noticed that every Patriot fan has begun to talk like they are a wealth of knowledge about football schemes in the last 10 or so years when they talk about “setting the edge” and other similar football terms. The world views you ALL as idiots and having ONE of the greatest coaches and quarterbacks in a generation does not qualify you as an expert when talking about football strategy. As a matter of fact, New England is ranked somewhere near 175 out of 50 U.S. states when it comes to ingrained football intelligence. You can talk all you want about tainted PRO football championships, the rest of the football world considers you a joke if it weren’t for the head coach and quarterback of the New England Patriots. Asterisks are real. For the record the rest of the world HATES the Celtics, Bruins and especially the Red Sox

100. how Mrash feels is not objective truth. It is how he feels. Other players may not feel the same for example. Many people have different ways of having fun or enjoying themselves. There is no one universal way to have fun. Some people have fun jogging or lifting weights, for example, but other people may enjoy a naps instead.

101. Yeah it’s “karma” after 18 years
    Eagles fans are no different than Seahawks and Broncos fans
    The “next” dynasty

NE will be in another SB before the Eagles
    ************
    Puhlease Pats fans, anyone who knows anything about Football knows the whole Pats Dynasty would be knocked down many pegs if it was in the NFC east and not the AFC. The NFC is way more competitive PERIOD!

102. Over reaction to a Dude who just didn’t enjoy NE……Yawn. Pats fans just find it very hard to contemplate someone not liking their distorted reality…….seems like a boat load of Trumpers.

103. Puhlease Pats fans, anyone who knows anything about Football knows the whole Pats Dynasty would be knocked down many pegs if it was in the NFC east and not the AFC. The NFC is way more competitive PERIOD

IF is a big word, isn’t little guy?

104. Pretty sure BB isn’t looking for guys who just want to have fun. He’s looking for guys who want to win. There has always been guys in the league who didn’t care about winning and there always will be but that’s what separates the players from the Prima Donna’s. As a non-Pats fan, good riddance.. I know if I was playing, I’d take tough and winning playoff games vs fun and losing. Occasionally teams can put together a fun and winning run but that’s rare, you can’t predict those.

105. bannedfromchoirpractice says:
    May 28, 2018 at 12:47 pm

——————
    Sure no problem. Carrots are delicious!!

106. ahummler72 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 5:18 pm
    Yeah it’s “karma” after 18 years
    Eagles fans are no different than Seahawks and Broncos fans
    The “next” dynasty

NE will be in another SB before the Eagles
    ************
    —————-

107. Pats Fan. No problem with this. The system isn’t for everyone. I don’t think anyone, who is honest with themselves, can say that BB doesn’t rule with an iron fist. Not everyone is going to enjoy that!

108. So what you’re telling me is 47 people had their feelings hurt and a bunch of bandwagon fans who didn’t know there was a football team between NYC and Buffalo before 2000? Got it.

109. The term millennial to me is the 21st century young person who is spoiled, undisciplined, liberal, and adept at electronic communication, instant media, and digital technologies. But hand them a wrench or screw driver, and they are lost.
    They also have been raised to think the world owes them something and that hard work is not required to achieve it.
    This describes Cassius Marsh to a tee. He says playing for the Patriots was “no fun”. No matter what anyone thinks, the looks on the faces of players who are fortunate enough to stand on a platform and hold up a Lombardi Trophy is the ultimate goal. Sure — making lots of money is each individual’s goal. But those players who played a long time and made lots of money but never got to experience the feeling of being a champion would trade a lot of the money they made to have had that experience.
    So — strictly by measuring the number of Super Bowl championships the Pats have won over the last dozen years or so, they have to be rated the best place to play in the NFL. That’s something guys like Cassius Marsh don’t get, and it’s why he’s already played for three teams in his very short stint as an NFL player. He wasn’t willing to pay the price that Patriots players have been paying under Bill Belichick to achieve the ultimate goal — winning.
    And this is nothing new. Go back and read what their players said about Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, and Bill Parcells, to name a few. Often, they did not realize how great those coaches were until after they stopped playing for them.
    Marsh is as insignificant as one second on the game clock. Meanwhile, Bill Belichick is one of the greatest coaches the NFL has ever seen, and maybe even the best.

110. He played awful and was a second stringer. To be fair, nobody will dispute that Belichick is a first class jerk. Just ask the HOF quarterback and the HOF tight end. They don’t like him either.

111. Cassius – one more thing. This is “how I feel”?

Fine.

This is how I and millions of my fellow Pats fans feel – The great majority of us, myself included, hadn’t heard of you until today, and now, – we don’t care how you feel.

112. Never heard of the guy. Pretty sure the Patriots will survive criticism by someone most fans have never heard of. Piling on the Patriots seems to be a popular move for players once they leave. Personally I wouldn’t want any of them on my team. What good comes from it? You just come across sounding like a selfish whiner.

113. The New England Patriots happen to be the elite team of the NFL that all 31 other teams aspire to. Yes, the Patriots are above any form of criticism because they have the greatest coach in the history of the game who understands that it is all about sustained success. Players don’t come to Foxboro to dance, sing and have a laugh – they come to win a Super Bowl (or 5).
    ***************
    Did the Pats with the Super Bowl THIS year?
    You Pats fans need some humble pie, weak AFC, you guys got dominated by a backup
    Had the refs in your pocket (1 flag seriously), Brady played the best game of his life
    and you STILL lost. Shut up!

114. A Super Bowl championship is like a party. Everyone wants to have one but few are committer enough — or sober enough after that — to be professional organizers. The Pats are professionals. Guys like Marsh and Lane J just want to go to one.

115. Pats have a winning record against the NFC. Both overall and in SB appearances. The NFC tends to wallow heavily on individual victories because they know they dont get a lot of chances to milk it when they can. They also have a winning revord against all the AFC Divisions but ironically the one they have the least best winn8ng record against is the AFC East. (But then again the AFC east is third best in overall winnig %)
    ***********
    DIdn’t the Pats lose the last 3 super bowls to NFC east teams, LOL. Eagles beat them last two times they played.
    After Spygate the Pats haven’t been the same in Superbowl, could’ve and should’ve lost their last 5……. Marv Levy would be proud. AFC Least. The NFC East is where real football is played , Eagles (as others in division) prepare to beat NFC East teams
    Apples and oranges comparing NFC to AFC, just ask Richard Sherman, Y U mad bro?,

116. Flash1287 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 5:24 pm

IF is a big word, isn’t little guy?
    ***********************
    0-3 against NFC east in last 3 Super Bowls, IF those apples front runner.

117. Go back and read what their players said about Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, and Bill Parcells, to name a few. Often, they did not realize how great those coaches were until after they stopped playing for them.
    *********************
    41-33

118. “ the team that dominated BB’s defense?? Seriously?? TB12 threw for over 500 yards!! 500!! I’d be more concerned about the Eagles defense.
    Plus don’t forget the Eagles had 2 TD’s that were not even LEGAL touchdowns!!

119. pastabelly says:
    May 28, 2018 at 6:35 pm

3 2 Rate This

—————-

there is no way you are a pats fan. if you are, you are a wicked tool and a Millennial.

120. He wasn’t great, but he wasn’t that bad. And NE did use him a lot last year, even though part of his “not having fun” likely results from his being moved all around the defense due to NE’s injuries (particularly D’onte Hightower). Marsh just mentally was not a fit in NE, and he was waived more for that than he was for his play. This is better for both him and NE, because he’s in a place now where he can feel comfortable and NE does not have a disgruntled player forced to play with them.

121. garciavega3 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 6:32 pm

1 7 Rate This

————-

yes, boston is well known as a bandwagon sports town. lmao

your jealousy knows no bounds, apparently

what’s next, the sox, bruins and celts have no tradition and buffalo is a better hockey town?

lol

122. Look I hate the Pats just as much as the next man outside of New England. But seriously what are these guys whining about? The NFL is the professional level of the sport, you’re not there to horse around and have fun, you are there to work hard and compete. As much as I hate belichik I have to admit the man has his guys ready to win every week better than anyone else. I mean do you want to be on a team that is having fun and horsing around or do you want to be on a team that’s winning. You have 6 months off to have all the fun you want, unlike people with real jobs who get 2-4 weeks of vacation.

123. This guy is a nobody. A gym short all american in high school and another UCLA snowflake. Too soft for the NFL. But then again, seems like that’s most of the NFL players are now a days…. a bunch of spoiled cry babies

124. Dear Cassius,

Shut your yap and just help your team win games, that’s all we want from you

Signed

49er fans everywhere

125. Why are Pats fans so sensitive? Why are fans of other teams so giddy that some roster filler complained about playing there? Really, who cares either way? I mean, its obvious that people do based on the comment section, but I dont understand why.

126. ahummler72

keep reading. Stats mean nothing. And yeah – Pats fans arent playing. The Pats team is playing and each year the team is different. So dont bask in the glory and rest on laurels!

127. I think anytime you’re asked to do things in your job that you’re unaccustomed to doing, and you don’t adjust well, and you don’t perform well, it puts a lot of pressure on you. You can see other employees around you thriving, or at the very least doing better, and it feels bad. And that’s what Marsh has. He feels bad because he didn’t perform well, and he’s blaming the Patriots. The Patriots have a well-earned reputation of putting players in the right place to use their talent. The Patriots had invested in a fifth and a seventh-round 2018 draft pick in the guy so they clearly wanted it to work out. The guy just failed to perform. End of story. He’s like a bitter girlfriend that you left for a hotter chick.

128. ****
    0-3 against NFC east in last 3 Super Bowls, IF those apples front runner.

But 1-1 vs th Eagles

Like I said IF is a big word

I like how you forgot about that one. Like it doesn’t count.
    Let’s just use th last 3 to fit your argument
    Moron

129. Same guy speaking with a reporter in Boston

****
    In November, I spoke with Cassius Marsh about his time with the Patriots. He liked it then:

“Absolutely, it’s a great thing to know exactly what you’re going to get. Coaches tell you what they expect from you, what your role is, and it’s something I appreciate about this place.”

130. . Marv Levy would be proud. AFC Least. The NFC East is where real football is played , Eagles (as others in division) prepare to beat NFC East teams

What a joke. The ONE time the Eagles won the SB
    This was the competition in there division

Cowboys 9-7
    Washington 7-9
    Giants 3-13

Real tough division there right little guy.

I’m sure other teams in other division don’t “prepare to beat other teams in the division “ that ONLY happens in the nfc east

“IF” it’s a BIG word.

131. ahummler72 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 8:09 pm
    *********************
    41-33

—————————————————————————————-

And you didn’t mention that the Pats also put up over 600 yards on your supposedly great defense, did you?
    The Eagles will not win the Super Bowl in 2018. You can go to Vegas and bet the ranch on it.

132. Why do people get mad for a guy telling the truth? People don’t like playing for the cheating Patriots. That is just the way it is. Lane Johnson was right.

133. The Pats are clearly not for everyone and dont we all wish we could have a little fun at work. Just not sure why he would make this comment and then complain about the response.

134. “ the team that dominated BB’s defense?? Seriously?? TB12 threw for over 500 yards!! 500!! I’d be more concerned about the Eagles defense.
    Plus don’t forget the Eagles had 2 TD’s that were not even LEGAL touchdowns!!
    ************************************
    We won the game. You lost. You had 1 flag , Pats got more calls just check the PI on Clement on the 2 point conversion or the phantom hold on Kendricks. Seriously?? What does us dominating BB’s defense (most points ever on a Belichik coached team) have to do with Brady. If you’ve been reading my posts I’ve cleary (not subtle) stated the ONLY reason this whole Patriot way nonsense exists is due to Brady. Parcells, Walsh,Jimmy Johnson, Cowher, Holmgren would all be dominant with TB12…. and all you Pats front runners would scatter to the sewers.

135. This guy is a journeyman backup scrub who the Patriots graciously gave a chance to be on the team and be productive which he wasn’t because he’s simply a low talent player on a high talented team – If you want fun you go to the movies,bowling or a strip club,this is the NFL where you get paid millions to play a sporting game and you either have it or you don’t on teams that win consistently like NE does each year.

136. Pats fan here.
    Honestly as a fan I couldn’t care less about how much fun the players on my team have. In 5 years they will earn more money than an Ordinary John will in an entire life. Their job is to entertain the people, and the fans are most entertained if their team wins on regular basis. Under Bill as a Pats fan I had almost every year one additional month of entertainment. That is all I care about. Not winning against Eagles and Giants, it hurts, but next year we will be back in the PO (you all know it) and that’s what matters to me.

137. ahummler72 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 8:03 pm
    ***********
    ————————
    Pats are 5-3 in 8 superbowl appearances, thats not a losing SB record to the NFC or anyone…well I guess they only play the NFC. And no, they lost the last ONE to an NFC team, they won the two appearances before that. Even the year in between those wins the AFC still won. Before that it was Seattle not NFC East and still they only pulled off one single NFC victory. Like I said, the NFC has to live vicariously through the single victory these days because its all they got. Or you can go for ancient history to get a second win. Most of the time the NFC East’s big glory moments iswhen one of their teams beats another NFC East. I will admit that you guys score high on inter-division hatred but the NFC West might give you some competition there.

138. redclaw1314 says:
    May 28, 2018 at 1:26 pm
    The Pats are not for everyone, but then again they don’t try to be

—————-
    Its a shame too. If the Pat’s work ethic was for everyone NFL competition would be at a very exciting level.

139. Really, who cares if they have fun in NE? The NFL is a harsh, cold business. It’s about money and winning and that’s it. Personally I find Belichick kind of hilarious in how monotone he is most of the time, but it’s easy enough to see that he wouldn’t be an easy going guy to work for – much like HIS mentor, Bill Parcells – who, frankly, makes Belichick look like a teddy bear in comparison.

No team is out to make sure their players have “fun”. It’s a business. The Patriots have found success with a certain formula, and it’s a harsh one – I’ve hear past players say it’s basically 100% negative reinforcement. It is what it is.

140. bighairbingopro says:
    May 28, 2018 at 2:03 pm
    ——————

Well if you count players running their mouths on other teams as a Patriots internal issue then yeah.

141. gysot says:
    May 28, 2018 at 3:10 pm

Yet another failed belicheat draft pick.

——————-
    Actually he was drafted by Seattle. But not until the fourth round so it was a fair gamble I cant see criticizing them for.

142. Go read what the Eagle players said about their 2nd year coach? You know the team that dominated BB’s defense and won with a bunch of backups. The real MVP is back in the saddle, good luck Pats fans playing the 1st string.
    41-33
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

This guy is talking about refs in the Pats pockets during the SB? For real? Its well documented the NFL changed their catch rule during the game, which greatly benefited the Eagles. Plus a blown illegal formation call on another TD. It happens and all you can do is move on, but its laughable when Eagles fans claim the Pats were getting all the calls.

143. Yeah, when you can’t grasp the play book, give up huge plays and can’t handle criticism playing in New England (or anywhere) does suck and is no fun. Trust us Marsh, we were happier when you were cut than when you were getting beat over the middle for touchdowns.

144. As a Pats fan this really makes me think…..

It makes me think about reading about what an underachiever he was in Seattle and they were happy to get rid of him.

It makes me think when he actually rushed the passer he was usually pushed 5 yards beyond the QB who simply stepped up or outside.

It makes me think why they wasted a draft pick on him.

It makes me think why SF gave him a contract after registering a whopping two sacks in 6 games.

It makes me think that James Harrison had more of an impact in one regular season and a couple of post season games than this turd.

145. Isn’t this the team (SF) that had the rash of guys retiring in their prime?! Doesn’t sound like a fun place to me.

146. LOL…. look how many responses this 49’s post got just because it mentions the Patriots…. what a riot!!!
    Yeah, sure looks like the end is here for the Patriots in the minds of trolls & haters…. I can tell by the amount of comments that the Patriots aren’t on anyone’s mind!! LOL!!
    I know I’M HAVING FUN reading these posts!!! LOL
    GO PATS!!!

147. How much fun was 57 years of futility in Philadelphia? Besides, those Patriots players, and Bill too, all look like they are having fun when they are hoisting that Lombardi Trophy. That is the goal, you know.

148. Eagles fans are beyond annoying. The way they talk, you would think it didn’t take the Eagles a million years to finally win a SB. Congratulations on your one SB win in franchise history. Zero concept of act like you’ve been there before. Reminds me of the Seattle fans from a few years ago and we all know how that worked out.

5 0 Rate This

———————————

Isn’t it amazing? Worst sore winners of all time. They can’t even be happy Goodell and Troy Vincent, cheated for them to win.

Two free TDs that were factually not TDs, and they still act like it was some kind of a blowout.

lol

149. BayAreaBrownsBacker says:
    May 29, 2018 at 9:08 am
    Pats fan: You want him on that wall. You need him on that wall.
    ——————————————————
    Actually, he’d be given a CODE RED!!
    He’s 49’ers baggage now…. I just hope they don’t ask too much from him, afterall if he’s not having fun, he’s gonna quit on you & ask to be traded…ENJOY!!!

150. “It was awesome, first year we won the Super Bowl, can’t complain about that,” said McClellin. “Just meeting all the guys in the locker room, that’s going to be the biggest thing I’m going to miss, that’s for sure. It’s a great locker room culture in New England. Everyone is so close there, it’s just something special. You can just tell because it transfers to the field.”

151. The Pats and Pats fans are like those bitter old men who thought all their lives that whoever has the most money and toys at the end wins, and then on their deathbeds they look around and realize they’re alone and nobody loved them.

152. wetookavote says:
    May 29, 2018 at 10:18 am

—————————-

When did winning, and the desire to win become such a bad thing? Oh yeah, it was when the liberals started their participation trophy nonsense. Can’t have any hurt feelings.

153. Marsh was right. Patriots fans are the worst, most delusional, arrogant, and obnoxious fans in all of sports. Marsh dared to attack their temple and for that he must vilified and attacked by delusional Patriots fans. We fans of the sport were disgusted at the way Patriots fans reacted after Brady was caught cheating. They ruined EVERY SINGLE thread on PFT for two years with their constant whining

154. Amusing that he also spent 3 uneventful seasons in Seattle, but no one seems to care about that… and he doesn’t seem to even remember it.

Hey, best of luck Cassius. Not every job opportunity is right at every time and it sucks when you can’t have success doing that thing you want to do. Hopefully a change of scenery will be good for you.

Patriots are in everyone’s head, and if he had talked about Seattle, no one would care and no one would read or click on the article.

155. granadafan says:
    May 29, 2018 at 11:12 am

0 2 Rate This

———————————

Look in the mirror, disingenuous Millennial.

YOU have ruined it because you can’t handle hard work, selflessness and teamwork leading to dynastic greatness.

It’s frowned upon by 5th Place Trophy Millennials who sit in basements of mommy and daddy, refuse to work, pay dues, learn, etc, while playing video games instead, having zero social skills or experiences to draw from, yet feel entitled JUST like Cassius Marsh.

Congratulations.

Your insufferable, insane jealous of a sports franchise ruins message boards.

156. neatpete1 says:
    May 29, 2018 at 8:30 am
    ——————-
    ——————————————

One assumes that the Pats liked Marsh coming out of college so the Pats brass was probably surprised to discover that Marsh has no interest in trying to improve or expand his skill set. That is more often than not the kind of player the Pats do not want around, hence he was released.

What I find particularly odd is that Marsh seems impressed with himself for not wanting to expand or improve his game.

157. granadafan says:
    May 29, 2018 at 11:12 am

____________________________________________________

Wow! Talk about a Jealous Wanna-be. Your lack of intelligence and understanding for the facts In the Brady Witch Hunt would certainly exclude you from being part of the fan base. Don’t worry though, there are 31 other teams that hand out Juice Boxes and Trophies after every practice. Just pick one

158. wetookavote says:
    May 29, 2018 at 10:18 am

0 10 Rate This
    ———————-

Actually, no, that’s YOU and your ilk, trolling Pats fans and so badly wanting the success we’ve enjoyed.

We ask you leave us alone as we watch our team in conf title games every year, looking to hopefully win another SB through hard work, maturity, selflessness and team work, in the fact of a cheating commissioner and some owners who enable him to cheat our team.

That’s literally all we ask. Apparentkly, it’s not enough that Goodell’s henchmen at 345 PArk Ave and the ones in pinstripes helped manipulate the outcome of the SB this past year in multiple ways.

1. Our 1st rd and 4th rd picks were stolen, weakening our D, due to trumped up charges of some coackmamie scheme after ball inspection that was exposed in a federal court.

2. Two fraud TDs that were clearly not TDs in the SB.

Always go to the source to fix an issue. That source is you and someone like Casisus Marsh
    that represent the problem, not only in the NFL, but in society in general. Goodell also plays into the hands of the Millennial customer, again, which is why ratings will drop and continue to drop.

The Pats, their fans, etc, all live in your head rent free.

Here is a marginal role player mouthing off about being cut because he was unwillnig to learn from the greatest coach ever, who had no interest in being a good, all around player, that somehow has some power over other whiny Millennials who go about their lives in the same exact way outside of the NFL.

He’s a loser and so are you and people who think like Marsh.

The tool was drafted in Rd 7, has an inflated opinion of himself, and has been deemed not good enough for a rebuilding Seattle team that needs a player like that, nor Belichick, whose cerebral Ds, create havoc for QBs (when healthy).

What a country.

159. granadafan says:
    May 29, 2018 at 11:12 am

=======================================================

No one really cares what Marsh thinks, he can say whatever he wants. Yet he incorrectly used the word “truth” when it was his opinion that he was giving. “Truth” is something verifiable, like physics and the ideal gas law.

160. Truth is that Marsh is an excellent pass rusher and he was frustrated that Belly-Check was playing him out of position, mainly in pass coverage. He stood out in his six games with the Niners. Really hard worker..

161. coachwolf49 says:
    May 29, 2018 at 11:56 am

——

Von Miller is an excellent pass rusher. Cassius Marsh is just a guy.

162. coachwolf49 says:
    May 29, 2018 at 11:56 am

———————-

Laughable. He runs around like a chicken with his head cut off.

No one is goning to confuse 49ers fans with knowing the sport. Seattle badly needed a cheaper draft pick type to groom and they, too, gave up on the bust.

His own words reflect that of a loser. He wants sacks only, and doesn’t care about the more cerebral aspects of the position, which is why he’s a loser and not a fit in a winning organization.

Belichick cut Kony Ealy, another cancer, for the same reason. Where’ Ealy? Oh. that’s right he went to the JEts, where he sucked and then now the Dallas Entitleds, have him him on their roster.

And, you can’t figure out why the Jets and Cowboys suck, huh?

You can either try to do what it takes to be a winner or be satisfied running your mouth as a loser.

Marsh is a loser. I would imagine Carroll fluffed his ego and arrogance up in Seattle, so shame on BB for not considering that factor when he traded for the bust.

163. wetookavote says:
    May 29, 2018 at 10:18 am

——–

That’s just weird. Patriots fans are just football fans and the Patriots are just football players and coaches. The goal for the team is to win and it’s more fun for fans when the team they cheer for wins.

164. Why would you want to be on a team who is no fun, lost the superbowl last year and are none as notorious cheaters. I wouldn’t want to go there either.

165. aarons444 says:
    May 29, 2018 at 11:53 am
    Moderators,

My sincerest condolences.

Looking at the drivel that MAKES these boards, I can’t imagine the nonsense that doesn’t.

2 1 Rate This

————–

Says a bandwagon Steelers fan troll from California. LMAO

Can’t be made up. It just can’t.

166. All you need to do to confirm that Patriots* fans are the most childish, annoying fanbase in all of sports is take a look at the amount of comments on this article, most of which I’m guessing are from Patriots fans. You’d think someone just assaulted their kid the way these fans defend the Patriots. Simply incredible.

167. Mass FanS..(Boston,new England fans) most Racist, Arrogant,Dis Loyal fans in ALL OF SPORTS !!!!..See what happens in 3 yrs when theres no tom or bill…will turn on Craft for trading jimmy !!!!! Blk Athletes Hate playing there !!

168. coachwolf49 says:
    May 29, 2018 at 11:56 am

—————————————————————————————————————————
    He rushed plenty of times for NE, always from the edge where he had one move: Try to get around the corner and end up getting pushed 5 years past the QB, where he exerted no pressure, and where he gave up edge contain. This same thing happened 25 times before they sent him packing.

169. lifelongwhodat says:
    May 28, 2018 at 11:09 pm

———————–

It’s called being a sports fan. Obviously you aren’t one.

170. granadafan says:
    May 29, 2018 at 11:12 am

———————-

Stop your whining.

171. gmen05 says:
    May 29, 2018 at 12:24 pm

——————

Says someone from the greater NY/NJ area all entitled, with a disingnuous fraud, cheating owner named John Mara, who has worked with Jets owner, Woody Johnson to cheat our team for over 20 years.

Did you watch the Two Bills ESPN documentary? I had no idea the cheating from 345 Park Ave, with puppeteering in hand, saying “Parcells needs to coach in NY” for greed and more perceived revenue, went back that far. I only equated it to Goodell’s more recent and rampant cheating. I didn’t realize the roots of it go back to January of 1997 when the Jets were sneaking around the Pats backs, to, wait for it…..to cheat, tamper and distract during SB week.

Kinda funny how long the NY/Park Ave relationship of NY’s cheating and targeting the Pats, has gone on, huh?

You losers.

THAT is what is unbelievable. Your NY/NJ area arrogance and you still can’t see it due to your NY/NJ area entitlemen that you tools are born and bred with, to the point you still can’t see it.

LMAO

Can’t be made up. Can’t.

172. David Szwartz says:
    May 29, 2018 at 12:34 pm

This may be one of the Most uninformed IGNORANT comments I’ve seen.

173. Flash1287 says:
    May 29, 2018 at 1:14 pm
    David Szwartz says:
    May 29, 2018 at 12:34 pm

This may be one of the Most uninformed IGNORANT comments I’ve seen.

——————————

The funny thing is, he’s from NY/NJ. Can’t be made up. It just can’t.

174. Yes, let’s all hail whiny losers who are entitled. Gee, I wonder why we are where we are?
    ======

Amen.

You can’t win with class.

Surely we don’t expect you to lose with any.

175. Ummm there has to be more to this. Not liking BB or the Pats fan base obviously easily understandable, but stating a team wasn’t “fun” to play for makes zero since.

176. Dude probably feels the Patriots cheated him out of two Super Bowl rings, one when they beat his Seattle team and one when they lost to Philly and he had two months on the roster. I figured this guy to be a washout when he showed up in Goth face paint and the vampire mouthpiece. The Seattle grunge dude act didn’t get very far in Boston, but it may get some traction in San Fransisseeco. Best of luck to him. He’s going to need it. Maybe he can ride Jimmy Geez coattails and find some significance in his life. I bet Jimmy Geez has no complaints about how his life is turning out after four years of hard training/education and no fun in New England, going to four AFC Championship games, three Super Bowls, and stashing a pair of Super Bowl rings in his luggage with a bunch of extra playoff pay checks before heading to San Fran, when Bill rewarded his hard work by taking less and setting him up in a good situation, where he signed a mega contract that should set him up for lots of fun off the field.
    Yeah, I wonder what Jimmy has to say…he’s got a lot more experience and exposure to the system that the 8 week wonder Cassius Marsh. The short timers who wash out or want to play by their own rules will always point fingers. Bye Felicia!

177. Haters must get fast food gift certificates for posting on Pats threads. What’s winning with class, handing out participation trophies?

178. “Sorry but that’s how I feel :'(” Sorry Cassius, just found out who you were by reading this article. Nobody on the Patriots staff cares about your feelings, if you’re a bum player which obviously you were; you don’t get a spot on the team. NEXT

179. Nobody hates the Patriots.

We all hate you guys.

And its pretty obvious why.

Then stop reading and/or posting on Pats articles. I can count on one hand how many articles where I haven’t seen one of your lame posts. We get it, no one likes Pats fans. If your team won as much as the Pats did, I’d imagine people would be annoyed by you too. Fact is, your team does not win and we still have to listen to you spew hot garbage on every Pats article.

180. patsfan1960 says:
    May 29, 2018 at 9:12 am
    It’s really amazing to me that when a nobody speaks people listen
    =================

Marsh may be a marginal NFL player, but he did learn that if you want attention, say bad stuff about the Patriots.

181. steelcurtainn says:
    May 29, 2018 at 12:10 pm

——————-

It’s probably more fun to play for a team like the Steelers, who have zero discipline. Of course, they haven’t won anything in years, but, they’re having fun though. Except for those guys that want to leave. They’re probably tired of the losing.

182. Not sure what’s so bad about this to be completely honest. It’s not a matter of Patriots fans dealing with the truth. It’s the fact that the truth just isn’t that big of a deal. The Patriots just aren’t a fun team to play for. Ummm … oh well. It didn’t matter that much when Lane Johnson tried to make himself popular either.

183. blessedunliketherest says:
    May 29, 2018 at 4:02 pm
    Nobody hates the Patriots.

We all hate you guys.

And its pretty obvious why.
    ============================
    The number of Pats fans that care? Exactly, none. 🙂

184. steelcurtainn says:
    May 29, 2018 at 12:10 pm
    ———————-
    Just ask James Harrison. LOL

185. Former Patriot Matt Chatham, who like most former Patriots has fond memories of New England, had interesting advice and thoughts on Marsh…

1) Play better
    2) Wear a shirt during interviews, especially when you’re bombing on the field
    3) Repeat steps 1 & 2

and

The NFL is not fun when you don’t play well. That’s not a New England statement, that’s just how the league works. That said, if you’re looking for a place that pats you on the back when you don’t execute your role at a high level, it’s not Foxboro.

and my favorite

To your boys:
    “I confronted Belichick”

Truth serum:
    “I went to Coach Belichick’s office, made eye contact a couple times almost, and then found myself in a van on the way to Logan.”

186. aarons444 says:
    May 29, 2018 at 1:49 pm
    ======

Amen.

You can’t win with class.

Surely we don’t expect you to lose with any.
    ============================================
    LOL Nobody is fooled by the contention that winning (or losing) with class would make one iota of difference in your opinion one way or the other.

187. The Eagles will be a one hit wonder, you watch. Everything fell into place for them, which happens to certain teams once in a while. Their coach stood by and watched their center — Jason Kelce — destroy what until then had been a great celebration for their Super Bowl victory. But Kelce took it loser than the gutter with his profanity-laced, alcohol-induced tirade. And the coach stood behind him and giggled. All of this happened while thousands of impressionable kids who look up to these morons were watching.
    ******************
    Pats Cheat a much worse example for young children. Where was Brady when it was time to shake hands? Puhlease Pats fans get off your holier than thou soapbox, pathetic
    How pats fans can say they didn’t get the calls when it was clear as day THEY got all the calls in the Super Bowl. And Enough of this narrative that NFL changed the rules you guys who claim to know so much about football are soooo ignorant. Goodell was clearly asked in a press conference about the rule changes and He deferred to AL Riveron who vehemetly denied any changes. Get over it Pat fans, your run is over. Buy a Wentz jersey all you front runners.

188. Riiiigggghhhhttttt. Replay was 100% exactly the same in the SB as it was in the regular season. Said nobody outside of Philadelphia.