Terry Bradshaw supports Eagles in anthem dispute with President

Getty Images

FOX News may be with the President and against the Eagles when it comes to the anthem dispute, but one of FOX’s primary NFL faces and voices supports the defending Super Bowl champions.

Terry Bradshaw, whose weekly FOX NFL Sunday duties will expand to Thursday Night Football in 2018, told TMZ while eating a meal in New York City (can’t they at least wait until these people are leaving the restaurant, like the old days?) that he supports the Eagles.

“I agree with the Eagles, totally, 100 percent,” Bradshaw said. “Trump just needs to . . . go somewhere and enjoy the money he’s got.”

Bradshaw then specifically complained about the tactic deployed by FOX News, which used images of Eagles kneeling in pregame prayer to suggest that they were kneeling during the anthem.

“You know what’s so bad about that whole event was how they were portrayed as protesting, kneeling during the national anthem? They were praying. That is just wrong. . . . Listen, First Amendment rights, I totally believe in them.” (FOX News previously apologized for creating the impression that Eagles players were kneeling during the anthem.)

At a time when the NFL has been running scared regarding this issue, avoiding anything and everything that may spark a negative comment or nasty tweet from the Commander-in-Chief, Bradshaw isn’t bashful about speaking his mind.

Which of course means that it’s just a matter of time until a Twitter account with more than 52.6 million followers will be declaring that the great Steelers teams of the ’70s would have won even more championships if they had a better quarterback. SAD!

94 responses to “Terry Bradshaw supports Eagles in anthem dispute with President

1. I think the same thing about Bradshaw, “just go somewhere and enjoy the money you got”

2. Can you imagine the outrage from the left if this was done at ANY time during obama’s presidency?

3. No ones crying about oppression in the NBA where it’s already regulated more strictly than the new NFL rules… no one at all.

4. “Can you imagine the outrage from the left if this was done at ANY time during obama’s presidency?”

Obama wasn’t a moron, so this kind of thing didn’t happen.

5. Terry gets that Trump is using the Anthem as an issue to motivate his base and possibly to get back at the NFL. If Trump were really that patriotic he could easily have served during the Viet Nam war. Instead he went on to mock some of those who did serve, including John McCain, for getting “captured”.

6. I suspect that these protests are almost solely focused on the fact that most players don’t seem to like the individual who happens to be President. I doubt this is about patriotism, police violence or anything other than Donald Trump. The players, though, have chosen to make a fuss during the 2 minutes per week that most people believe should be honored. I wish that they would move their protests to two of the other 10,078 minutes in their week.

7. Or just a matter of time for a website to report Terry Bradshaw is dead when he (obviously) was not. For you young ones out there google Terrry Bradshaw dead from 2007

8. Let’s hear Terry say something that alienates 50% of the Thursday night audience and see if it causes any problem. Then let’s see if his misunderstanding of the First Amendment is enough to allow him to keep his job.

Employers get to set the rules for what is proper behavior while at work unless the behavior violates some existing law. Censoring people while they are on the job does not violate the First Amendment.

9. Nuts to the NFL.
    Play the game and keep your pie hole shut.
    Millions of us don’t care about your concerns or impressions on world events. Play the game

10. This really makes me hate the NFL. The players make me sick. It has become a choice of loving my country or supporting those who support a false narrative about our country. I am one who is done with the NFL.

11. Bradshaw is right. Trump should just go someplace and enjoy his money. He’s ruining the country

12. Hollywood Henderson offered the best analysis of Terry Bradshaw when he said Terry Bradshaw “couldn’t spell cat if you spotted him the c and the a”. Henderson’s nearly forty year old comment has withstood the test of time.

13. I stand behind finding solutions and improving the injustices throughout this Nation. I also respect the Flag and stand for our Anthem. I will continue to do so, and can do both with all sincerity.

14. Terry, do your HW so that you can call a good game. I don’t want to know about your political beliefs. Players, practice, practice, practice so that you provide good entertainment to me. President Trump, how about you act like a president and leave football alone. I help pay Trump’s salary, Terry’s salary and those of the players. I want entertainment minus politics. If this continues, I will take my marbles and go home.

15. Moron Bradshaw agrees with Eagles…all u need to know the Eagles are in the wrong lol

16. Hollywood Henderson offered the best analysis of Terry Bradshaw when he said Terry Bradshaw “couldn’t spell cat if you spotted him the c and the a”. Henderson’s nearly forty year old comment has withstood the test of time

——-

I bet if you asked Henderson today what he thought of Bradshaw’s comments, he would agree with Terry

17. Trump isn’t even sure what he believes. I’m sure not following that! Thank God he has those that keep him in line each day- to a point.

I’ll tune in after kickoff. Could really care less. If having folks stand for the anthem at a reg season NFL game was such a big thing, they would have been doing it 60 years ago.

18. Most comments are not base in any sense of reality. Trump will go down as one of the greatest presidents in our history…..Bradshaw will not.

19. I’ve never understood why people like that chose to go political and say something that will make them instantly lose half their fans. As Bradshaw just did with me. I’ll never watch him again.

Hey Terry, move your ass out of Texas. You’re not from here, anyway.

20. thrifty says:

==========================================

He would have already been fired and Florio would be cheering it.

21. This really makes me hate the NFL. The players make me sick. It has become a choice of loving my country or supporting those who support a false narrative about our country. I am one who is done with the NFL.

———-

This is actually a “you” problem. Sorry you think you have to choose to watch a sport or love your country, like there isn’t an option in between. Sorry you cannot allow someone, the players, to have a different opinion that yours and it makes you so “sick” you have to turn off the game. Sorry you think everyone with an opinion different than yours should just keep it to themselves while you are allowed to post up your opinions wherever you want. Sorry you lump ALL the players into one big category, even though it’s not all of them.

I hate Tom Cruise as a person, but I’ll watch his movies because I can separate the two. I hate Lebron James as a person but I can watch him play a sport.

You just don’t like people who disagree with you.

22. Can you imagine anyone at ESPN or NBC having an opinion that supports the President and thinks they should stand? The group think honchos would show them the door before sundown.

No I can’t imagine them being that stupid…….but they did employee Ray Lewis….nah supporting the Liar in Chief is beyond the pale for sane educated people over 6 years old.

23. chargersbackinsd says:
    June 10, 2018 at 4:47 pm
    __________
    No, you babies crying about Trump are.

24. I love the whole “Trump’s a moron” narrative. Liberals are so averse to truth they can’t even scream insults that contain a modicum of it.

Maybe try calling him something that might be at least a little bit plausible, for God’s sake. If an insult misses the mark by such a ridiculously wide margin, it’s nothing but hot air. Go fish.

And while we’re at it, can someone give me an ETA on when he’s going to destroy the country? I keep hearing about it but all I see is more money in my paycheck, lower taxes, a tight labor market, strong stock market, and hey – we’re actually inching our way towards free trade for once!

Kind of miraculous, really.

25. Liar in Chief? Not even close, folks.

“If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your insurance plan, you can keep your insurance plan. Nobody’s going to take it away from you.”

THREE life-changing lies in the span of 5 seconds. And you ALL bought it, swallowed it like table scraps from his favorite Martha’s Vineyard restaurant. And then he had the cast-iron AUDACITY to tell you he HAD to lie to you because you don’t know what’s best for yourself. And you all nodded your heads and applauded. You should never, ever use the word “lemming,” people. But then again, hypocrisy is also the hallmark of liberalism, so I expect nothing less.

Trump has a million and one lies to go before he catches up to Obama.

26. So Bradshaw has shut down his Facebook and removed the last couple of months of Twitter messages, wonder why lol

27. For once, I finally agree with something Terry says. The straw that broke the camel’s back came from the stupid decision by Fox Noise erroneously associating those photos of the Eagles praying to the anthem protest. Fake News on Fox Noise! It should be their slogan.

28. Michael E says:
    June 10, 2018 at 5:32 pm

Hey Terry, move your ass out of Texas. You’re not from here, anyway.

You’ll never watch him again for saying he supports 1st amendment rights and doesn’t care for the president? That is one of the most petty things I have ever heard. Your right to do it though. free country and all. Talk about a snowflake. oh and I am sure Terry is thanking his lucky stars he isn’t from a state like Texas. Getting real sick of the “if you don’t agree with us then get out” attitude some fake patriots throw around. Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

29. Trump has a million and one lies to go before he catches up to Obama.

It’s obvious that your only source of news is State of Trump News….Fox Lies Network. Don the con has lied more than 3000 times since take the oath of office bragging about the uuuuuge crowd at the inauguration… and the lies have been flowing ever since. Facts matter so drop Fox News and see the real world ….

30. ringheadcrusher says:
    June 10, 2018 at 5:55 pm
    Liar in Chief? Not even close, folks.

Trump has a million and one lies to go before he catches up to Obama.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

Trump lies about stuff he doesn’t have to, like when he said he finished 1st in his class at the Wharton School of business. completely false and you can check easily. also not necessary because just going to Wharton is a huge accomplishment in itself. Lies like, it was a great letter, wonderful letter, said some nice things. 8 minutes later, I didn’t open the letter. don’t know what it said. why can’t trump supporters just admit that they don’t really like him. they are happy they won and don’t care who the candidate was. he is a terrible person but he has an R next to his name so they are happy.

31. Michael E says:
    June 10, 2018 at 5:32 pm

Hey Terry, move your ass out of Texas. You’re not from here, anyway.

==================================================

Yep. If he would have said it about Obama he would already be fired and you would be cheering it.

32. polksaladandy says:
    June 10, 2018 at 5:13 pm

————-
    Evidence, please? I’m watching the current POTUS and he is batting 100% when it comes to lies, fraud, and treason. Riddle me this. Why would Trump even consider having Russia back into the G8 which is now the G7 because Russia was kicked out while invading Crimea and shooting a passenger airliner out of the sky killing innocent passengers? Why does Trump admire dictators more than our allies? North Korea is killing people every day. Russia kills and jails anyone who stands in Putin’s way. Yet Trump wants to go after Canada while they stand their ground because the trade is already even. Same as our UE partners. The GDP of America is pretty much the World leader with only like 5% of the Worlds population. Our current President seems oblivious to this and seems hell-bent on positioning our enemies as tough guys who need respect more than our allies since world war 2…

33. What is sad is people on here ripping on Bradshaw a known mental light weight yet are fine with a President who lies 6-9times everyday yet that is fine with the right wing it’s who support him as if he is an infallible deity. Folks he is a Con Man that a lot of racists wife beaters rapists and insecure cowards support and follow like sheep….give me a Rube like Bradshaw and bless his pea pickin heart because he is doing the best with what he has while the smartest ass in the stable needs to lie like a drunken car salesman.

34. One of Donald Trumps greatest attributes (other than the things he is doing for the country) is how he exposes Liberals for who they really are and drives them insane on a daily basis. Trump derangement syndrome has removed their mask and it is a sight to behold.

35. barrywhererufrom says:

June 10, 2018 at 4:41 pm

_____________

You’re done with the NFL but decided to come to the website dedicated to the NFL, just to say that you’re done with the NFL?

Ha and people like to say that the players are attention seekers, hell that’s the true definition of attention seeking.

36. Nofoolnodrool says:
    June 10, 2018 at 6:16 pm
    Trump has a million and one lies to go before he catches up to Obama.

———-

Chin up man…..you only have 6 1/2 more years to go

37. The NFL actually did its own research , even hiring polling services and all…not to mention talking to advertisers . The decision they came up with was based on the results of all that , not the governments opinion .

38. Poor Bradshaw…he wasn’t the brightest bulb in the lamp before he played football. Now that CTE has taken its toll, he’s really pathetic. Not to beat a dead horse, but the first amendment DOES NOT APPLY to private employers…only the federal government. But how can one expect Bradshaw to know that when almost everyone who posts here doesn’t know it either.

39. What is sad is people on here ripping on Bradshaw a known mental light weight yet are fine with a President who lies 6-9times everyday yet that is fine with the right wing it’s who support him as if he is an infallible deity. Folks he is a Con Man that a lot of racists wife beaters rapists and insecure cowards support and follow like sheep….give me a Rube like Bradshaw and bless his pea pickin heart because he is doing the best with what he has while the smartest ass in the stable needs to lie like a drunken car salesman.

——————————————————————————

Is that facts or did you see it on CNN?

40. you do know that fact checkers, unbiased ones unlike you or me for that matter, have trump having told more lies in his first 3 months as president as Barrack Obama did in 8 years. Yes the whole you can keep your Dr. thing turned out to be false for some people (i was able to keep my dr.). so therefore that is a lie. That is 1 and it is much more complicated than you are making it out to be. The reason we are even in this situation right now is because the Republicans in congress turned that bill into a gigantic compromise that no one really liked instead of being a single payer system which was originally planned and is what we should have.

—————————————/-//————————————

You are a leftist

41. I am all for the first ammendment. But choose a different time other than the anthem. Or fix the 90%.

42. I was going to say “cue all the trump sycophants who condemn this site and terry bradshaw” but looks like they arrived a long time ago.

43. Roger Tresch says:
    June 10, 2018 at 7:17 pm

—————————————/-//————————————

You are a leftist
    ============

Its funny because even the republican party and the president gave up this lie a long time ago, but you are still perpetuating it….just shows how damaging his consistent lies have been.

44. orangeraider says:
    June 10, 2018 at 4:40 pm
    Nuts to the NFL.
    Play the game and keep your pie hole shut.

————————
    Are you not impacted by local, National or World events? I’m wondering if you’re walking your talk or if the implication is that there are specific disqualifying job types and income levels.

45. Is that facts or did you see it on CNN?

I watched him him say he fired Comey over the Trump and Russia-ur thing with Lester Holt with my own eyes yet the Liar is trying to say he didn’t say it. Defending him is admirable if you lack morals, decency and a concern for your fellow man….but it just means you are a heartless fascist afraid of your diminishing majority position. Your arrogance and smugness are amusingbut I don’t suffer fools gladly. Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million…..ponder on that Adolf.

46. * In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye-black to avoid glare, and made him take it off.

* In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.

* In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said “Know Jesus Know Peace” but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

* In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing “Find the Cure” eye black for breast cancer awareness.

* In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem…).

*In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

* 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression, all of a sudden… It seems quite clear based on these facts that the NFL has taken a position against any action by NFL players demonstrating RESPECT for any issue: For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence, for cops killed arbitrarily for being cops, for the Memory of 9/11…

BUT they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag, our National Anthem, for America , and for the American People, if it will help mollify a particular Group and its supporters. That is who and what the NFL now is shown itself to be.

47. What’s funny about the right is how much they cry now. Such a change of position in my lifetime. Trump is a loser, anyone can blatantly see that. I wouldn’t support a loser but thus you do.

48. ninespot says:
    June 10, 2018 at 7:57 pm

How is Trump a loser?

49. So you can “easily” check facts about Trump? Isn’t it interesting that you can’t do that with Obama because he is had all of his records sealed and spent millions of dollars doing it. Obama had the FBI and CIA use foreign Intel officers to spy on the political campaign of the opposite political party, the largest political scandal in American history and all you care about is Terry Bradshaw?
    You are a leftist
    ——————————————————

1. I could care less about Terry Bradshaw, just find it funny how Trump supporters flip out all the time.

2. I am a leftist and damn proud of it because I am on the right side of history. As I said on a previous post. Far right wing and far left wing groups have both done their share of evil in the world, however left wing groups have done far more good than conservatives. I am hard pressed to find any progressive reforms passed by right wingers throughout history. While both sides have done bad, the lefts good fat outweighs the rights.

50. zeke2517 says:
    June 10, 2018 at 4:29 pm

Obama wasn’t a moron, ……….
    _____________________________________________________________
    Really (Major Payne Voice) then all the things he did to ruin the country was on purpose? His inept run in the White House set the stage for Trump becoming the POTUS. LOL!

51. The Korean War… June 25, 1950- June 12, 2018. President Donald J. Trump ends the Korean War. Now for the playing of the National Anthem….

52. Obama may not have been a moron but he was and still is a liar, fraud, criminal and a traitor, so he has those qualities going for him.
    ——-
    Our current potus lies every day about every thing. He is a draft dodger who is in bed with some very nasty people…..and pornstars. He’s a perverted philanderer with no respect for women. But I guess once you see that r in front of his name none of that matters right? Obama has more class and dignity in his little finger than Trump.

53. sabi52 says:

I am a leftist and damn proud of it because I am on the right side of history.
    ==================================================

LOL

54. It wold make no difference on a public domain of the stadium……they are paid get this paid employees no matter where they are. If I were a paid contractor on the stadium it would be my workplace. At practice or at the game they are employees….. let’s say I have a job and start passing religious tracts…..or against same sex marriage, or hey white power literature, how fast would they sit me down, with your blessings………..

55. “I guess once you see that r in front of his name none of that matters right?”

Trump isn’t a Republican. He isn’t even a politician. It is in fact the major reason he won the election. Try to keep up.

56. sabi52 says:
    June 10, 2018 at 8:11 pm

Are you kidding me???
    Learn your history … the right freed the slaves.

57. ninespot says:
    June 10, 2018 at 7:57 pm

————————————————————-

Losers don’t get elected President of the United States. He may not be your cup of tea and you may not agree with him but President Trump is not a loser.

58. What makes anyone think that what Terry Bradshaw thinks matters to anyone. He wasn’t exactly a scholar.

59. Just read the Bleacher report article on Tim Thomas refusing to go to the White House when obama was there. Pure hypocrisy! They said he should give back his salary because of all those men that fight for the flag and died for his right to not go!!! CNt make this stuff up!!!!

60. Nofoolnodrool says:
    June 10, 2018 at 7:51 pm
    Is that facts or did you see it on CNN?

————-

Is winning the popular vote and losing the electoral vote like having more yards of offense in a game and still scoring fewer points?

61. @saltineamerican: You’re right, losers don’t become President.

But, it’s obvious than crooks and blowhards can.

Trump is a crook, it’s the people that voted for him that are losers.

62. Will be a cold day in hell when I listen to what Bradshaw has to say………about politics. He should stick to football and his farm, and leave the people with brains to run our nation and MAGA!!!

63. Supporting Donald Trump should be embarrassing. Take a good look at Donald Trump and his resumé. You really want to stake your intellectual reputation on this guy?

64. alldonesmith says:
    June 10, 2018 at 4:56 pm
    And I care about what Terry Bradshaw has to say, why?
    ————-
    You tell us…
    You’re the one that just commented on what he said.

65. It’s a shame how politics are dividing sports fans these days. Everyone views the same facts through different lenses, and that’s ok. There’s no need for the constant “attach and defend” I routinely witness. A good debate can be healthy, but should always remain respectful and civil. Fox News definitely has a political agenda, but so does CNN, MSNBC, and even ESPN. How today’s athletes feel about politics is really none of my business and I’d prefer to not know!

66. Turn off your TVs, garbage media and stop voting… Enjoy your illusion (Both sides).