Ha Ha Clinton-Dix vows not to holdout, saying “you’re just wasting your time”

Getty Images

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix skipped organized team activities. That may — or may not — have been over his desire for a new contract.

The Packers safety winked twice when answering questions about his absence. His godmother, Alisa Dorsett, died last month after suffering a heart attack while in Alabama for his college graduation. That was at least part of the reason for his absence.

I had a lot of freedom,” Clinton-Dix said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN. “It’s not meant for me to be here. I don’t have a [workout] bonus to be here, so that definitely played a big role in me not being here, honestly, along with my godmother not making it. It’s kind of like, I can just stay home with my family and enjoy my family time while I have the downtime. When the season kicks off, it’s just me up here. That’s life. S— goes on from time to time, but I’m excited not to have that bonus in there, though, honestly, because I would have definitely been here for my money.

“You can’t buy time. So just to have that freedom to be able to get away, I think that was a plus not having it, honestly.”

Clinton-Dix returned to Green Bay on Tuesday to avoid the $84,435 fine for missing the three days of the mandatory minicamp. He is scheduled to make $5.957 million this season on the fifth-year option of his rookie deal.

Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor held out in 2015, missing the first two games of the season while seeking a new deal. He signed a three-year contract extension in August 2017.

Clinton-Dix said he won’t hold out.

“What would holding out do?” Clinton-Dix said. “Kam’s not me. He’s nowhere near me. You’re just wasting your time, really. You’re getting fined and fined and fined. I’m a guy that I need my money, man. That’s why I’m here now. I need my money.”

28 responses to “Ha Ha Clinton-Dix vows not to holdout, saying “you’re just wasting your time”

1. “I’m a guy that I need my money, man. That’s why I’m here now. I need my money”

//////////////////////////////////

Rodgers is rubbing off on HaHa. Even though you don’t mean it, how about saying, “I’m here because I’m a team player and want to make the packers better”

2. Yes, sorry about the godmother. But to continue on about “I need my money”. Geez.

Only problem is so much is taken out of context from reporters. They pick and choose, just like bogus headlines to get you to read a story where the headlines, in context, mean nothing.

They made him sound stupid. But I could care less. Reporters are functionally useless, anyway.

3. I’ve always loved how a guy named Ha Ha is dead serious at all times. I don’t think I’ve seen him smile since his high school recruitment.

4. “I’m excited not to have that bonus in there, though, honestly, because I would have definitely been here for my money. You can’t buy time.”

Actually HaHa, if you did have a workout bonus, you could have bought time off by not showing up.

5. cheeseisfattening says:

I wonder when it will dawn on him he has the freedom to choose even with the bonus being available.

=============================

he knows that, obviously, he’s saying he wouldn’t be able to pass up a work out bonus if it was offered. This is normal mentality for hard working people btw. I’m guessing you are not?

6. Holding out? He’s not good enough to do that. I still laugh thinking about that 2pt conversion defense.

7. crownofthehelmet says:
    June 13, 2018 at 10:56 am
    ////////////////////////////

There’s nothing like a good laugh, is there? I’m still doubled-over from the butt-kicking the underdog Packers laid on the overrated Steelers in SuperBowl XLV. Remember that one? Good times.

8. stellarperformance says:
    June 13, 2018 at 11:31 am
    crownofthehelmet says:
    June 13, 2018 at 10:56 am
    ////////////////////////////

////////////////////////

31-25 is not a butt kicking and that was 2010, geez buy yourself a calendar. Live in the now.

9. flviking says:
    June 13, 2018 at 4:44 pm
    ////////////////////////////////////////////

It wasn’t 38-7 but it was still a butt-kicking. The Packers controlled the favored team from beginning to end. But that’s unimportant and not the point.

It was my reaction to a fight-picker. There is no calendar. Is that simple enough for you?

10. stellarperformance says:
    June 14, 2018 at 7:56 am
    flviking says:
    June 13, 2018 at 4:44 pm
    ////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////////////////

Grandpa?

11. There’s nothing like a good laugh, is there? I’m still doubled-over from the butt-kicking the underdog Packers laid on the overrated Steelers in SuperBowl XLV. Remember that one?
    =====

If that game were 2 minutes longer, McCarthy has another clunker on his record.

12. aarons444 says:
    June 14, 2018 at 2:20 pm
    If that game were 2 minutes longer, McCarthy has another clunker on his record.
    //////////////////////////

If the Vikings hadn’t wasted years and millions on Peterson, maybe they’d have amounted to something by now.

13. aarons444 says:
    June 14, 2018 at 2
    If that game were 2 minutes longer, McCarthy has another clunker on his record.
    ////////////

Nice try.

14. flviking says:
    June 14, 2018 at 9:02 am
    Grandpa?
    //////////////////////

I have no idea how old he is. A fight-picker is a fight-picker.

15. Doesn’t matter what any Packer does. Aaron dares to run out of the pocket he’s gonna hit SOME Barr in this loaded NFC. Stay in the pocket, Boy. Leave it @ your own risk. And Cheeseheads can keep their pie holes SHUT if he breaks more bones because he thinks he can.

16. If the game was two minutes longer, the Packers would’ve scored again. Instead, they ran out the clock.
    =====

17. aarons444 says:
    June 14, 2018 at 6:15 pm
    Roethlisberger got the ball back at the 2:00 warning, and turned it over on downs because of a bone head penalty that backed them up. If Pittsburgh could have run their offense, McCarthy and Capers do what they’ve done best.
    /////////////////////////

Nice try. Again.

18. Roethlisberger got it back with 1:59. He threw three incompletions in a row to end their chances, due to great defensive plays. No penalties called.
    ======

Unnecessary roughness on the kickoff. Pinned them at the 13.

19. aarons444 says:
    June 15, 2018 at 9:56 am
    Unnecessary roughness on the kickoff. Pinned them at the 13.
    /////////////////////////////////////

They had a first-down at the thirty-three and a fresh set of downs and more than enough time. The Packers, underdogs, a beginning to end wildcard, all postseason victories on the road, beat the best defense and the favored team. Try it. See how easy it is.

What do you want, a once-in-a lifetime missed tackle at the buzzer and a never-happen-again fluke spin and run for the win? Only teams that rely on wishing, hoping, and praying can make something like that happen. Everybody else earns it.

20. Here’s the deal – Ben had plenty of time to pull off what he did against AZ a few years earlier, even starting from inside the 15 (bs call but move on). On that last series he tried to force it to Wallace instead of going to Ward to move the chains. Pack had tight coverage on Wallace, end of game, well-earned Packer win. If you want to name who lost that game it’s that %#*#%^#! Mendenhall.

Stellar, my goodness, lighten up.

21. What do you want, a once-in-a lifetime missed tackle at the buzzer and a never-happen-again fluke spin and run for the win?
    ======

Like the Fitzgerald catch and run…..

22. Garbage players should never hold out!
    =====

All-Pro, just 2 years ago.

Lets see what he looks like in a competent scheme. He hasn’t played in one since leaving Alabama.