Tyrod Taylor: I’d love to see the Bills in the playoffs and knock them out

AP

A Browns-Bills playoff game sounds like a farfetched scenario, but Tyrod Taylor can picture it.

Taylor, the Browns’ starting quarterback, told NFL Network that he’d love to see the Bills, his own team, in the playoffs — especially because he thinks he could be the one to end a Bills playoff run.

Last year Taylor quarterbacked the Bills in their first playoff game since 1999. This year he’s hoping to quarterback the Browns to their first playoff game since 2002. If he faces his old team, it would represent the first time the Bills and Browns made the playoffs in the same year since 1989. That year, Bernie Kosar out-dueled Jim Kelly as the Browns beat the Bills 34-30.

68 responses to “Tyrod Taylor: I’d love to see the Bills in the playoffs and knock them out

1. I don’t know what’s in the water in Cleveland, but the entire team is hallucinating.

2. Last we saw of you was being carried off unconcious in Jville. You might still be a starter here if you could have managed more than 3 points. You got benched for a rookie in the middle of the season. Dream on.

3. Motivation is no substitute for talent. It’s a moot point. He won’t be playing by the time the playoffs roll around, unless Mayfield gets hurt.

4. Should the Browns management allows Taylor to play the whole season, Cleveland will make the playoffs this year.

5. I am sure he can easily get playoff tickets like everyone else, but the security is pretty tight. Tyrod will never close enough to knock anyone out.

6. Before leaving Buffalo the dude must have picked up some residual Rex Ryan foot-in-mouth virus.

7. I’ve thought for sometime he’s the most underrated QB in the league. Every year he’s had to turn chicken salad into chicken you know what. If I’m Browns fan I’m very excited about the future.

8. “Respect the process”……you know….where you BACK into the playoffs and score 3 lousy points….yea…that “process”…..

9. Yeah, you have to get even with that bunch who paid you all those millions and rejuvenated your career. Gratitude … always in short supply.

10. Tyrod never lacked confidence.

Skill set though is different story. Once Gordon and Landry start complaining of career low numbers the Mayfield era can begin.

I can see it now.

Landry or Gordon= Yo Tyrod, I was open!

Tyrod= No you weren’t.

Landry or Gordon= I had 2 steps on the DB

Tyrod= I need 5, run a faster route.

11. Taylor won’t even be the starting QB by the end of the season, let alone leading the Browns to the playoffs. They aren’t going from 0-16 to 9-7 or better this year, and Mayfield will eventually replace the league’s most risk-averse QB.

12. It’s so cute that he thinks the Browns have a prayer of making the playoffs, and it’s even cuter that he thinks he’ll be the starting QB at the end of the season.

13. Playoffs?!?? You should be worried about Mayfield taking your job first and foremost. This is the guy who got benched for one of the worst QBs I’ve ever seen…. one bad game and people in Cleveland will be clamoring for Mayfield

14. If Tyrod sees the Bills vs Browns in the playoffs it will be from the bench watching Mayfield

15. Everyone(Gordon,Landry,Taylor) has a plan ’til they get punched in the mouth…. Signed The Steelers.

16. I’m sure the Bills would love to see him in the playoffs as well….

TT playoff game stats vs Jags: 17/37 (46% comp), 134 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT.

Bills got the first pick in the 3rd rd (#65) for Tyrod, which they in turn packaged to trade up from 22 to 16 to select Tremaine Edmunds (along with a 5th rd pick from Baltimore). Without Edmunds having played a single down in the NFL, the Bills easily got the best of that trade. Have fun with your bridge QB Cleveland!

17. I understand he’s a little upset that Buffalo moved on from him, but they gave you three years to prove your critics wrong and you couldn’t. Yes the Bills made the Playoffs, but it was more of a backed into it thing than it was getting there on your own. If it weren’t for Andy Dalton and his game winning TD, Then the Ravens would have had that Wild Card spot and the Bills would still be dealing with the giant Playoff drought. Not to mention the fact that you could only muster 3 points against the Jaguars even though your Defense pretty much did their job that day.

The Bills brought you out of a life long backup position with the Ravens, gave you a shot to earn a starting gig and let you have 3 years to perfect your game. Unfortunately for you and the fans of Buffalo that didn’t happen, but even after all of that they still set you up with another starting gig with the trade to the Browns and you still want to be the guy to send them home? The Bills never did you dirty… they gave you millions of dollars and plenty of opportunity to make something of yourself. That’s on you.

18. Last year’s Bills made the playoffs despite Taylor, not because of him. He wasn’t the worst starting QB in the league, but he certainly wasn’t a valuable asset either. If the Bills make it back to the postseason this year, it will almost certainly mean they’ve gotten much better play from the QB position, and would be an almost sure thing to knock out a Tyrod-led offense.

The only chance Tyrod has of being on the winning side of a Bills/Browns playoff game is by holding a clipboard. Either that of hope Nick Chubb is the second coming of Barry Sanders.

19. hellooooooooooobrooklyn says:
    June 14, 2018 at 6:48 am
    Tyrod already knocked the Bills out of the playoffs last season
    ———————
    OUTSTANDING POST! This one says it all!

He may be better than any QB they’ve had in the last 15 years but that doesn’t make him the answer. They picked Mayfield for a reason and I do think the Browns and Bills finally have GMs with a clue on how to setup a franchise. Tyrod will not be under center by this time next year unless Mayfield gets seriously injured.

20. The crazy thing is people talk about Tyrod lacking talent as if he’s always been surrounded by as much talent as he has in Cleveland. A lot of bad football opinions on here, but the Bills probably won’t be in the playoffs.

21. I think the Browns are loaded with talent on the field. The problem I see is the head coach. I don’t care how bad your roster is, 1-31 is 1-31. No other team, with arguably worse rosters have managed that. Well maybe Tampa their first two years, but that was an expansion team before free agency.

22. george1859 says:
    June 14, 2018 at 6:32 am
    ——————————

LOL. Do you think I can get a glass or two of that Cleveland water?

23. So many brave commenters, piling the same old dumb jokes on easy targets. I’m not sure if I saw more than 2 or 3 actual comments about football.

24. widerightyouloseagain says:
    June 14, 2018 at 9:12 am
    The sad thing is that as bad as Taylor is, he’d be the best QB on the Bills right now.

Wide right, you lose again.
    =============================================================

I mean possibly…but isnt that the point of drafting a 1st rd QB, the potential to get a star. No doubt Allen has a better physical skill set than Tyrod (a QB needs to be able to do more than just run), time will tell if hes “got it” between the ears – which inevitably was TT’s downfall (slow eyes, an inability to read defenses pre snap & an unwillingness to throw over the middle). Tyrod is also the best QB on the Browns roster (and would be on a handful of other teams) till proven otherwise.

25. Look, on paper, what the Browns have done this off-season looks great. Some really nice editions to the team. Now, let’s take what’s on paper and move it to the playing field. Everyone can be off-season champions

26. george1859 says:
    June 14, 2018 at 6:32 am

—————-

You sure about that?

By last season’s metrics Cleveland was a better team than the Bills all but across the board.

Swap out their giveaway/takeaway with Buffalo’s, largely a result of Taylor’s propensity to not throw INTs combined with Kizer playing Santa Claus all season, and the Browns may have been 10-6 with the Bills ending up 0-16.

Laugh as you may, but dems da facts. Granted, the Bills got some luck on their fortuitous takeaways, mostly “gimmes” by opponents, nonetheless, swap the two and the records swap too as the Browns were better at both moving the ball as well as stopping teams from moving it against them.

27. The Bills didn’t get to the playoffs because of Taylor. They got there in spite of Taylor. The same is likely in Cleveland. However, the QB position on both teams is looking brighter as each team finds Taylor’s replacement.

28. BTW, Mayfield isn’t nearly as prone to tossing INTs as Kizer was in college, presumably that will carry over to the NFL.

I suspect that Mayfield will be starting early on in the season.

29. Umm… Dude, you play for Cleveland. You guys are already eliminated from playoff contention.

30. The Analytical Kid says:
    June 14, 2018 at 9:55 am

You sure about that?

——–

For a guy calling himself the “Analytical Kid” you sure have a weak grasp on the only “metrics” that actually matter……wins and losses. Based on those “metrics”, Cleveland was one of the worst teams in the entire history of the NFL.

31. You sure about that?

By last season’s metrics Cleveland was a better team than the Bills all but across the board…..Laugh as you may, but dems da facts.
    ===================================================================
    First, dont get me wrong both teams are pretty bad. Bills made the playoffs on the back of Shady and a solid defense.

But “across all metrics?” Cmon! Lets looks at the facts. What metrics are talking about? Bills had averaged more points, rushing yards and less passing yards given up per game. Browns averaged more passing yards and gave up less yards on the ground – not to mention Browns D gave up nearly 26 pts per game, second worst in the league.

Saying that a team that didnt win a single game is better than a playoff team (however bad of a playoff team) is outrageous….”dems da facts.”

32. I always find it hilarious how people that just look at the stat sheet seem to think Taylor is a pretty good option as a starting QB. Just watch all 17 games of Buffalo’s putrid offense last season, and then have a laugh at your old opinion.

33. “I think the Browns are loaded with talent on the field. The problem I see is the head coach. I don’t care how bad your roster is, 1-31 is 1-31. No other team, with arguably worse rosters have managed that. Well maybe Tampa their first two years, but that was an expansion team before free agency.”

The Browns were built to lose and get high draft picks…and they did. You’re upset that they won 1 game instead of 3 or 4 in that time?

34. Cleveland/Buffalo, that would be cool. I think we are all tiring of the same o, same o, teams every year. I wonder what the odds are on that happening, could be my first legal bet.

35. Tyrod was disrespected by that franchise a plethora of times, benched for a mediocre talent who threw five picks in his first outing (meanwhile the team had a winning record) but people want him to show gratitude and not be a competitor? You guys are insane.

36. What a stupid remark. What has Cleveland ever done, and they think they are going to the playoffs? So they have improved their team, but won nothing yet. Tyrod you may not even have the job at the end.Maybe keep your mouth shut.

37. Tyrod had 3 years to develope as a QB.
    The “Tyrod didn’t have any talent around him” argument is not valid. The main reason he is not in Buffalo is that he wouldn’t throw the ball down field to WRs.
    Robert Woods, Chris Hogan and Sammy Watkins all left and got nice free agent contracts and have done well when someone throws them the ball. Tyrod is a good QB, protects the ball well, can make plays with his feet,good leader / lockeroom guy.
    His problem has been that he will take the checkdown instead of taking the chance of throwing the ball for the first down. Hopefully a new coach and team will be able to get him to overcome his issues.

38. youngnoizecom says:
    June 14, 2018 at 11:30 am
    ——————-
    If you honestly think Tyrod was the reason the Bills had a winning record and playoff appearance you need to watch the games and just cheer for your own team.

Disrespected? That’s hilarious!

39. And yes, he’s definitely one of the main reasons the Bills had a winning record. When you let another guy play quarterback, he threw five picks and you guys got smacked

40. “Things didn’t end the way I would have liked it to in Buffalo,” Taylor said. “We could possibly see those guys in the playoffs or we could knock those guys out of the playoffs. I would love that. That’s motivation I take to work with me every day.”

I know, don’t tell me, I know…