Bears bring back orange jerseys for 2018

Getty Images

The Color Rush uniforms are (generally) dead, but the Bears are opting for a rush of color in their alternate jersey.

Yes, the blaze orange hunting jerseys are back.

The team last wore the jerseys in 2011. They also used them in 2005 through 2009.

For 2018, the orange jerseys will be worn during theΒ Week 6 game at Dolphins and for the Week 11 home game against the Vikings.

The Bears unveiled the new orange jerseys on Friday. And, yes, they’re available for purchase.

27 responses to “Bears bring back orange jerseys for 2018

1. So is it still the orange jerseys with white pants? Or they doing it with the navy blue pants now?

Nevermind. Either way is lame.

🎢 The Bears Still suck…🎢The Bears still suck…They really really really really really really suck..🎢 Yes the Bears Still Suck!🎢

2. electricboogalo says:
    June 15, 2018 at 10:09 am
    Wannabe Broncos.

3 0 Rate This

——————-

I am fairly certain no one wants to have one of the ugliest unis in the history of sports.

3. Problem is, the Bears have a horrible record in the orange jerseys….

I happen to love the orange, but not on the jerseys…shirts, hats, whatever, but the game jerseys hurt to look at. I would rather they go all navy, or all white for the alternate look.

4. doesn’t matter what the cubby bears wear, they still suck. they suck they suck they suck. and so do chicago fans as well. you stole the world series from my beloved indians.

5. Personally I like the orange. It adds a splash of color to their uni’s. It’s a good look for the second best franchise in the NFL (second to the Packers of course). Packers/Bears is still the greatest rivalry in the NFL, regardless of what the little brother wannabes to the west think or say.

6. electricboogalo says:
    June 15, 2018 at 10:09 am
    Wannabe Broncos.
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
    Bears has orange jerseys before the Broncos were even thought of as a team.

7. The Bears dark blue jerseys and helmet design are about the best, most iconic in the NFL. When they wear that orange crap they look like the Browns or the Broncos.

8. “True Monsters of The Midway wear BLACK. Period”

====================

The navy blue has always been the color, but it did used to be darker, closer to black. I do not know why over the last 16 years or so they made it a lighter blue. The older midnight blue was much more imposing IMHO. Perhaps as a Packer fan the midnight blue was more imposing because we didn’t own the Bears in the 80’s the way we have for the last 30 yearsβœŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘

I noticed the slightly lighter blue shade come about around 2002.

9. I’m generally not a fan of the “Uniform of the Week” concept in any sport. Especially when a team like the Bears already has such an iconic look, as others have noted.

So, it follows that I also don’t much care for Throwbacks. Most of them suck. Thank God the Steelers are retiring those absurd BumbleBee getups. On the other hand, a couple franchises should really consider taking a page from the book of Miami and Jacksonville in 2018 and trade in their recent Nike-inspired travesties for a classic look for their core uniforms (I’m looking at you Tampa Bay and Cleveland).

But….

As alternate jerseys go, this orange look does not offend me for a few reasons: 1) Orange is always been part of the Bears’ color palette, because, 2) The original Bears’ colors were inspired by the University of Illinois, attended by myself AND George Halas, so as a onetime Illini, I cannot be offended by Orange and 3) They are a better look than the Bears’ recent throwbacks. I was in the minority of hating those…they were just boring and the modern look is much better. The Orange alternates at least retain the contemporary design and don’t look like a kid’s pajama top.

10. bhuettl says:
    June 15, 2018 at 11:56 am

As one of those “little brothers to the west”; I am one of the many who are not wannabes as you put it. A vast majority of us Vikes fans know the Bears/Pack rivalry is bigger than either of the Vikes/Pack or Vikes/Bears rivalries. Lions? Who are them?! lol

As for the biggest rivalry in the NFL? You may want to rethink using the term wannbe while you look in the mirror … The Bears/Pack rivalry may not even be in the top 5 of the NFL. The Pats/Jets rivalry is by far the biggest in the NFL. I would argue the Raiders/Chiefs, Pats/Bills, Cowboys/Redskins, Falcons/Saints, and Ravens/Steelers all rank higher than the Bears/Pack rivalry. So be careful who you call “wannbe”, Mr. Wannbe!

11. spikeit2times says:
    June 21, 2018 at 2:42 pm
    bhuettl says:
    June 15, 2018 at 11:56 am

…

As one of those β€œlittle brothers to the west”; I am one of the many who are not wannabes as you put it. A vast majority of us Vikes fans know the Bears/Pack rivalry is bigger than either of the Vikes/Pack or Vikes/Bears rivalries. Lions? Who are them?! lol

As for the biggest rivalry in the NFL? You may want to rethink using the term wannbe while you look in the mirror … The Bears/Pack rivalry may not even be in the top 5 of the NFL. The Pats/Jets rivalry is by far the biggest in the NFL. I would argue the Raiders/Chiefs, Pats/Bills, Cowboys/Redskins, Falcons/Saints, and Ravens/Steelers all rank higher than the Bears/Pack rivalry. So be careful who you call β€œwannbe”, Mr. Wannbe!
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
    No one is going to be able to take you serious after that comment. WOW, you are a grade A moron!

12. @unitedramp – I got you to reply to my one post … wait for it …”two times”.

FYI; the Bears/Packers rivalry may be the oldest, but it is no longer the biggest and hasn’t been for at least 2 decades. Get with the times.

13. spikeit2times says:
    June 21, 2018 at 5:16 pm
    @unitedramp – I got you to reply to my one post … wait for it …”two times”.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
    I just had to spike it two times to honor your Volleyball love