Eric Decker thinks he’d be a good fit in New England

Getty Images

Wide receiver Eric Decker became a free agent in March and has yet to find a team for the 2018 season, but it sounds like he knows where he’d like to spend the upcoming season.

Decker made an appearance on Sirius XM NFL Radio Wednesday and said that he thinks the Patriots would be a “good fit.” Decker noted that he began his career with the Broncos when Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels was the head coach in Denver and that he spoke to New England last year before signing with the Titans.

There’s been no sign that the Patriots are considering Decker or any other additions to the receiving group right now. That could potentially change should Julian Edelman‘s four-game suspension remain in place after an appeal or if Malcolm Mitchell‘s knee issues persist, although those situations may play out a while longer.

Decker had 54 catches for 563 yards and a touchdown with the Titans last season. He visited the Raiders and Ravens earlier this offseason.

50 responses to “Eric Decker thinks he’d be a good fit in New England

1. .
    ” Decker noted that he began his career with the Broncos when Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels was the head coach in Denver and that he spoke to New England last year before signing with the Titans.”
    _____

Decker chose Marcus Mariota over Tom Brady last year. As it worked out he would have been on the field quite a bit if he had signed with New England.

2. Wait, I heard nobody wants to play for the Patriots because they never have any fun. I”m confused, it’s almost like Decker considers football a job.

3. Niels Skriver says:

June 20, 2018 at 1:16 pm

They love them some Caucasian wide receivers in Foxborough
    ———————————————————————–
    Ignorant statement
    Facts:
    Cordarrelle Matthews African American
    Jordan Matthews African American
    Julian Edelman Caucasian
    Malcolm Mitchell African American
    Phillip Dorsett African American
    Kenny Brit African American
    Chris Hogan Caucasian
    Matthew Slater African American

So do the math ….know the facts before you speak

4. You never hear anyone say, “I think I’d be a good fit for the Browns.”

Wait didn’t Jarvis Landry say that, but they did pay or promise to pay him first so…..

5. Decker should go to the Vikings. If Treadwell wasn’t a 1st rounder he could totally take his job.

6. Kinda funny. Of the 32 teams in the league, The Patriots give white wide receivers more opportunity than any of the other 31. The way I see it, they’re the epitome of an equal opportunity employer. The rest of the teams should be called into question for there blatant disregard for quality white pass catchers. That is all.

7. Niels Skriver says:
    June 20, 2018 at 1:16 pm
    They love them some Caucasian wide receivers in Foxborough

Yes, we know that’s the real reason for a lot of Anti-Pats rhetoric. It’s quite evident in many comments. I’m sure they consider skin color first when choosing the best available player.

8. terripet says:
    June 20, 2018 at 2:44 pm
    Of course he would he runs 3 yard patterns

———-

That makes them about 2.8 yards further than Andrew Luck can now throw a football. I guess that means the Colts are out.

9. TheCakeIsALie says:
    June 20, 2018 at 1:28 pm

Decker would like a job with anyone whether fun or not. He has been passed up now since March so yeah if I were him I would throw a flyer at the team who’s OC was his old head coach. Let’s not make a story out of nothing please lol.

10. Stanley Morgan, Daryl Stingley, Irving Fryer, Shawn Jefferson, Terry Glenn, Troy Brown, David Patten, David Givens, Randy Moss, Deion Branch, Brandin Cooks, Reggie Rucker

Wes Welker, Julien Edelman, Randy Vataha, Gino Capaletti, Ron Sellers, Danny Amendola, Chris Hogan

More people talk more trash about the Patriots than any team in any sport.

11. tigerlilac says:
    June 20, 2018 at 3:35 pm

More people talk more trash about the Patriots than any team in any sport.

—-

Not even remotely true. That’s fanboy crap talk. And with all due most of those players – no one is going to be talking HpF, great, good, or gee I wish I had them. They fit a system. It’s BB’s system and he deserves all the credit. But people get shot in soccer for hitting the wrong goal. Soccer is a sport.

12. fishyinalittledishy says:
    June 20, 2018 at 2:19 pm
    With Brady as QB I would be a fit in New England.

———-

Yes anybody can catch Brady’s dink and dunk passes, but how many people can absorb the punishment when fighting for YAC?

13. patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
    June 20, 2018 at 4:14 pm
    fishyinalittledishy says:
    June 20, 2018 at 2:19 pm
    With Brady as QB I would be a fit in New England.

———-

———

You really need to get your story straight. First you claim that any High School QB could succeed in BB’s system. Then you claim that that Pats are doomed because they traded Jimmy G.

Which is it Jets’ fan? Enlighten us.

14. yeah, so would I Eric.

I keep calling them offering to be New England’s third string QB but they don’t call back.

I’ll keep trying if you will Eric.

15. New England is a good fit for anyone that doesn’t mind hard work and discipline. You go there and win superbowls. If you don’t like work you go play for a fun team like the Eagles where you can play video games like Candy crush during meetings.

16. sayormills49 says:
    June 20, 2018 at 5:21 pm
    Bill belichick does seem to love white receivers….just the facts
    ———————————————————————-

Bill Belichick does love players who do their job; race, religion, creed, sex, and sexual orientation are irrelevant…those are the actual facts…

I fixed your comment for you. You are welcome.

17. I’d have no problem having a look see & let him show his stuff but I honestly believe he’d have a hard time making the squad with all the receivers the Pats already have in house….really, the only other FA receiver I’d be interested in bringing in would be Dez…..I just think Brady could bring this guy back from the abyss…… yeah I know he’s a Diva but I think the Pats locker room & coaching staff could keep him in check for at least a year…..I don’t think there’s a team out there that could stop the Pats in the RedZone….
    GRONK, Hogan, Dez, Edelman (when he’s back) & with the RB’s available, GOOD LUCK!!!

18. kissbillsrings says:
    June 20, 2018 at 7:08 pm

========================================================

The funniest post yet today!

Thanks for the laugh.

19. I find it absoloutely amazing the race card is being played here. Proof that certain people just want to create problems

20. He took a good season and tried to cash in by going to the Jets, and it was all downhill from there. If I were the Patriots, I’d pass on this one. They have a wealth of “upside” veterans at WR which will be hard enough to sort out on its own… why add another to the bunch at this point?

21. Niels Skriver says:
    June 20, 2018 at 1:16 pm
    They love them some Caucasian wide receivers in Foxborough
    ****************************

It’s OK to be white.

22. patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
    June 20, 2018 at 4:14 pm
    fishyinalittledishy says:
    June 20, 2018 at 2:19 pm
    With Brady as QB I would be a fit in New England.

———-

——————-

When Brady goes to his short game very few receivers can handle those throws. You have to have your timing perfect to be lined up in the exact right spot where he will thread the ball to. And that ball is coming hard. Thats why they do so many reps so that the Brady and the receivef knows the exact timing to arrive at the right spot at the right moment. And then when the game starts he has to execute that perfect timing in traffic. And then those throws Brady does are amazing. He fits it through the slightest openings. He even has to anticipate the opening so that the ball arravies at just the instant it opens. He has a lot of success with the long throws too (didnt he lead the league?) and to guy that dont understand football they probably think those long throws are the most impressive. But its really the short game that very few QBs can do. Rodgers is decent at it too. And Brees. I think thats about it.

23. whodatalien says:
    June 20, 2018 at 1:21 pm
    tom brady doesnt have the arm strength……….
    ——————
    Yet guess who was #1 in the nfl in passes over 25 yards last season? Can’t afford a TV? You should try actually watching some nfl games sometime!

24. dangguy says:
    June 20, 2018 at 9:30 pm
    Decker should sign with the Colts. He will save his legs, Luck can only throw about 10 yards so he” never have far to go.
    ***********
    Not much strikes me as funny in these posts but this one did. It’s like moving into the house next to the liquor store.

25. nhpats says:
    June 20, 2018 at 4:46 pm
    patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
    June 20, 2018 at 4:14 pm
    fishyinalittledishy says:
    June 20, 2018 at 2:19 pm
    With Brady as QB I would be a fit in New England.

———-

———

Which is it Jets’ fan? Enlighten us.

———

Did you forget to log into your troll account Cheap_Donahoe to post this? I think you also forgot that it was you who admitted on this forum being a Chiefs fan and now you are a Pats fan. So please get your own story straight first.