Dead body found at Janoris Jenkins’ N.J. home Tuesday

Getty Images

Cornerback Janoris Jenkins was not at his home in Fair Lawn, New Jersey on Tuesday, but law enforcement officers were on the scene after a dead body was discovered in the basement.

Assistant Bergen County Prosecutor Dennis Calo confirmed that the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crimes Unit and the Fair Lawn Police Department are investigating what happened, but didn’t offer any details about the cause of death or the identity of the deceased.

“The deceased is not the owner of the residence, but the identity of the male decedent cannot be released until next of kin have been notified,” Calo said, via NorthJersey.com.

TMZ reported that the body was discovered by a worker at the house and that Jenkins is currently in Florida. He is reportedly aware of the situation, but neither he nor his representatives responded to the outlet’s request for comment.

107 responses to “Dead body found at Janoris Jenkins’ N.J. home Tuesday

1. I’m sure it has nothing to do with Janoris. I find dead bodies in my basement all the time

2. youngnoizecom says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:12 pm
    Hope this has nothing to do with him.
    ————————————–

I’m sure it doesn’t. These things just happen.

3. Well, Roger……. Zeke got 6 weeks and there was a REAL possibility that he was innocent (law enforcement didn’t see reason to even charge him). This, I’m sure, must be an Article 46 thing, yes?

4. DraintheLiberalSwamp says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:16 pm

Pretty sure you also only have one home. Or rent someone else’s.

5. “youngnoizecom says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:12 pm
    Hope this has nothing to do with him”

_____________________________
    It happened in his house.
    Pretty good bet that it’s going to have something to do with him.

6. cueghost says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:20 pm

Absolutely ridiculous. Zeke was accused and investigated. Jenkins hasn’t even been remotely implicated. You know nothing about how long the person has been deceased, why they are deceased, etc. But you bring in Roger? You seriously need to get a job. Or a life.

7. waynefontesismyfather says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:18 pm
    I mean honestly, if it was Joe Thomas’ house or Sean Lee’s house would there be a dead body in the basement? No.

———————————

This is either brilliant satire or possibly the worst comment in PFT history (which would say a lot)

8. Living in CA, I’ve always complained about the fact that most houses out here don’t have basements. If this is really a problem with basements in general (as it sounds to be by all of the comments), I guess I should consider myself lucky that I don’t have one.

9. A dead body, fraud committed by the QB, wife-beater given a free pass to remain on the roster – remind me again what the Patriots have done to be considered the “bad guy” team, again?

10. “idiedpretty says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:19 pm

Giants will make this go away, fast.”

I would love to see how that happens. Nice handle, by the way.

11. Are they sure they didn’t just find Eli down there? Let’s face it, The guy has the demeanor of a corpse.

12. TruFBFan says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:23 pm
    DraintheLiberalSwamp says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:16 pm

Pretty sure you also only have one home. Or rent someone else’s.

….Look up the word “sarcasm” in the dictionary

…and I actually own multiple properties here in Silicon Valley. I havent found a dead body yet…..but I remain hopeful

13. “Jenkins hasn’t even been remotely implicated. You know nothing about how long the person has been deceased, why they are deceased, etc. But you bring in Roger? You seriously need to get a job. Or a life.”

You are performing some truly amazing confirmation bias mental gymnastics. 9.5/10.

14. A report from Monty Python’s manager suggests that the chap in the lower level of the estate may not, perhaps, be “quite dead yet”.

15. I am amused (but not amazed) by the number of Patriots fans making this story of the dead body in the basement all about them. Just shut up and pleasure yourselves to the rings you didn’t earn. You come off like a bunch of loonies.

16. kevpft says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:36 pm
    ————————————–
    Hernandez actually committed murder. I’ll just leave it at that one example. Others can add on.

17. Go to wikipedia stat. Someone put this on Janoris Jenkins’ page:

“On June 26, 2018, Eli Manning’s career was found in the basement of Jenkins’ New Jersey home.”

18. remind me again what the Patriots have done to be considered the “bad guy” team, again?
    ======

Pick an annual cheating scandal.

Any annual cheating scandal will do.

19. tecmobowl34 says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:26 pm
    waynefontesismyfather says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:18 pm

———————————

================================

I didn’t see the satire until you pointed it out. That’s hilarious. But I do believe it’s more of a racist thing not a smart guy thing.

20. Jenkins was probably letting some worthless relative or friend use that house while he is away and that person let other people use the house and so on and pretty soon JJ has things going on in his house he would never have anticipated. There is a lot of family and friend pressure on these NFL guys and they get taken advantage of a lot.

21. The detectives on site are experienced veteran investigators.
    Therefore any of their findings as to the factual issues and
    conclusions of law will be readily rejected by Commissioner
    Goodell. Roger will then make a finding based solely
    on his own intuition.

22. TruFBFan says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:24 pm
    cueghost says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:20 pm

——————-

Well really you are both right. Zeke was accused and investigated, but all that failed to implicate him. So really both guys as it stands now are “not implicated”. I do hope Rodger does not revisit his wrongs against Zeke on Jenkins. I know its not a good look in the news but if Jenkins cant be implicated then leave him alone.

23. Kudos to all on the comments they have provided me w some humor on such a crap day. But before i chime in w me own, id like to at least here SOME of the facts. As you were.

24. Janoris “I have learned from my mistake … I need to step up and use this as an teaching moment…”

25. Ghost of Hernandez??!!
    Oh wait, the guy was strangled not shot….
    Patriots will be fined & docked a 1st & 4th anyways…. someone has to be held accountable & you KNOW it won’t be the Giants!!!

26. No one is imagining this is a suicide of someone using the home? Your first thought is of something nefarious and the basement is for concealment? Maybe it’s just the place in the house that has overhead structure to support a rope?

27. I wonder where this lies under the leagues “personal conduct “policy. 6 game suspension reduced to 3 after appeal.

28. A dead body, fraud committed by the QB, wife-beater given a free pass to remain on the roster – remind me again what the Patriots have done to be considered the “bad guy” team, again?———-I had to repost this so I could like it again.

29. How would Roger Goodell have handled the Ray Lewis murder case if he were commissioner back then? Instead of a $250,000 fine, my guess is that Lewis would have been suspended for most if not the entire season.

30. Oh dear. The new PR fixer will have to get right to work. Right back to the game. Focus on the game. You are feeling tired. Sleeeepy. You must focus on the game.

31. kevpft says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:36 pm
    Maybe the fact that their fans have to hijack every pft story involving any team that has beaten the Pats in the last 18 years (you know, the longest tenure of any Pats fan alive at the present moment)?

32. unrelated, but is it about time for Netflix, AMC or Amazon to do a drama series that mirrors the NFL underworld?

Hell, they give Adam Sandler & Amy Schumer like 40 comedy specials that nobody watches.

33. firerogergoodellnow says:
    June 26, 2018 at 6:43 pm

3 0 Rate Thi

——–
    well, the pats were not a dynasty yet and bisciotti, goodell’s augusta national fellow club member, did not own team yet so it is likely he would not have tried to protect them back then

34. Pats fans are like the boy caught in the cookie jar yelling “but sis took one too!”. Sad.

35. Jenkins, formerly of the Saint Louie Rams, gets picked up by Big Blue (NY Giants) in his fifth year in the NFL and has only made the Pro Bowl once. WHEREAS, OBJ is a 3x Pro Bowler, now in his fifth year with his original draft team, Big Blue, and is scraping for cash, when Big Blue dun already paid Jenkins nearly $40 million in guarantees…

…say WHAT? lol

36. TruFBFan says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:24 pm
    cueghost says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:20 pm

Trufbfan you may need a life yourself or job

37. allinstackme
    Jun 26, 2018, 7:19 PM EDT
    kevpft says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Well maybe it’s because of posts such as this one
    gysot – “Time to smash your cell phone”

This is a story about a dead body being found on the property of a guy who plays for the Giants yet people can’t resist taking a shot at Brady and the Pats. Maybe us NE fans wouldn’t have to “hijack” the comment section on unrelated articles if people everywhere didn’t do the same thing. Don’t you find it odd that whenever there’s an article about the Patriots, whether it’s just something simple like a player transaction or a story about when they open camp, there’s easily 40+ comments from everyone taking shots at them. Add that to the shots people take at them on unrelated articles such as this one and of course Pats fan are going to lash out.

38. denverscott
    Jun 26, 2018, 7:57 PM EDT

Again, this is exactly what I’m talking about

39. bert1913 says:
    “as long as janoris doesn’t own a white suit he’ll be fine”

====================================================================

That’s funny because last weekend Jenkins was seen stuffing what looked like a white tuxedo into a dumpster in New Jersey. And several hours before that Jenkins was observed saying on his cellphone, “Ray, thanks for the very valuable advice based on your experience. I’ll be sure to rely on your advice and find a dumpster where there’s no one around. By the way, I look forward to seeing your new statue outside the Ravens stadium.”

40. trollaikman8 says:
    June 26, 2018 at 7:25 pm

3 1 Rate This

————

ESPN already tried that like 12 years ago, a tv show I believe called Playmakers. It lasted a season. The NFL machine threatened to bury ESPN over it.

41. Great Bunch of guys in the NFL Huh? Murders and Rapists. It’s no surprise their number 1 priority is freeing felons from prison. Keep tuning in everybody! They’re so oppressed.

42. biggs13 says:
    June 26, 2018 at 5:26 pm
    Was there a sign out front?

66 5 Rate This
    ———————————————————————-
    No cuz dead nfler storage is not my thing!

43. This is why I live in Florida, no basements.

——————————————–

You live in Florida because you’re scared of basements? I live in Colorado. I’ve had a basement my entire life. I’ve yet to find a dead body, but hey I haven’t been down there in 3 days so who knows.

44. “No one is imagining this is a suicide of someone using the home? Your first thought is of something nefarious and the basement is for concealment? Maybe it’s just the place in the house that has overhead structure to support a rope?”

You are making things up to suit your own purposes.

45. kingthielenscourt says:
    June 26, 2018 at 6:58 pm
    I hope the young man is innocent.
    Unfortunately this site mods out comments comparing w&b

Indeed. You’re the second person to “hope” he’s innocent. I know the first has a proclivity to support one particular half of the b&w in each and every article. I also feel that comments are managed to achieve a desired tone of conversation.

Yes, there are jackholes that call themselves pats fans as well as fake pats fans who just like to stir the pot but I agree with a previous comment that points out that pats fans have been taking grief since the 60’s and it’s gone bonkers since they became relevant 22 years ago so pardon them if they slap back a bit.

But the jokes are off the edge a bit. Kind of pathetic.

46. And you probably leave the in your house while you go on a trip to Florida.

DraintheLiberalSwamp says:

June 26, 2018 at 5:16 pm

47. I wouldn’t rush to judgement too soon. If Jenkins was in Florida this summer, I would imagine he would probably have someone stay at his house to look after it while he is gone. This person may have “partied” a bit too hard, died of natural causes, got involved with someone who set him up to rob him, since it appeared he had money (staying in Jenkins house). All of this which wasn’t known or had anything to do with Jenkins. However, maybe he is involved, but I would wait to hear more about the situation. I never thought Aaron Hernandez would be involved with what he was with, so nothing would surprise me.

48. The police didn’t give any pertinent information such as the condition of the corpse (Was it in a freezer? Badly decomposed? Buried?). Jenkins could be in it up to his eyeballs.