LeSean McCoy calls allegations against him “completely false”

Getty Images

Bills running back LeSean McCoy has responded aggressively and unequivocally to Tuesday morning’s allegations of domestic violence.

“For the record, the totally baseless and offensive claims made against me today on social media are completely false,” McCoy said. “Furthermore, I have not had any direct contact with any of the people involved in months.”

The strength and breadth of the denial makes it fairly easy to get to the truth here, one way or the other. If McCoy truly hasn’t been around the alleged victim, Delicia Cordon, or the friend who made the accusations on Cordon’s behalf, the electronic paper trail that we all create with our movements from place to place will easily mesh with that claim. And if the digital evidence or any credible witness statements show that contact has occurred, McCoy’s version will become suspect.

The Bills reportedly are looking into the situation. The NFL has not yet responded to a request from comment from PFT.

97 responses to “LeSean McCoy calls allegations against him “completely false”

1. Just because you haven’t been around people in months doesn’t mean you didn’t beat them before then.

2. my dad used to punch me in the chest when I used to stutter. I was around 9 or 10 and I no longer stutter and im grateful he cured me…bed wetting is a serious issue and needs to be addressed…

3. I am neutral on Shady and the Bills.

I will say this much-if he is guilty and the evidence proves that conclusively then he should be outta the league. If he is shown to be innocent and this is a money grab or vindictive female situation, the woman should be in jail for an extended time.

4. This may possibly open the door for rookie 5th round pick Dijon Lavar Gantt (AKA Gauge) to not only make the team, but even see some playing time.

5. In our social media society you are guilty until proven innocent. And in these cases, once accused, you are never really seen as innocent.

6. “Furthermore, I have not had any direct contact with any of the people involved in months.”

Fine, so who did you send to do this to her? Because this clown always has an excuse for the trouble he is constantly involved in.

7. Well, now seems as good a time as any to render an opinion on what happened. I think for this one I’ll say, given the indisputable facts of the article, that Goodell needs to act now and get this guy out of the NFL. I won’t stand for what he may have done.

8. Hope it is not true; there are not many forms of life lower than a woman beater. If it is true, his career is over. If it is not true, I hope he sues them for every penny they own plus one.

9. ejm845 says:
    July 10, 2018 at 12:55 pm
    Just because trump gets away with lying his balls off dosent mean you will

————

Are you going to make it 6 1/2 more years?

10. If this is true, wonder what all those Philly fans who ragged on Chip Kelly for trading him are saying today? Maybe he knew something after all..

11. So the question no one is asking here is, why is the ex girlfriend not going to the police with this matter, instead letting her friend post pictures of her on social media and then claim an assault happened?

12. Seen the picture and it is horrible. If he truly cared about this girl he would be concerned as to who did this. If not, and he did this, NFL needs to sit his ass down for at least 4 – 6 games. Let’s hear from the victim’s side and let criminal justice also step in.

13. This not the first time or will it be the last. Some of my all time Shady favorites; he once threw a girl off his “party bus” and left her on the side of the road on the NJ turnpike. Or the time he left the waiter a .67 cent tip on a $85 check. Or the time he had to be dragged into court for falling two years behind on alimony payments. He’ never apologized or admitted wrong doing to any of them and hope they nail his sorry lying ass to the wall this time around.

14. ajblack007 says:
    July 10, 2018 at 12:52 pm
    Innocent until proven guilty. #thisisamerica

10 3 Rate This

———————-

NOPE. Roger Goebbels and his Article 46 trumps US law. Did you fall asleep during his corrupt “appeal” on Deflategate?

15. stinkymcmulligan says:
    July 10, 2018 at 12:50 pm
    Reeks of a money grab.

Most likely – he kicked her to the curb, she wanted revenge…..and a payday.

————————-

Doesn’t matter. If that IS what happened, Ezekiel Elliott was framed, had money stolen and was defamed by Goodell just last year.

16. Is it just so easy to blame the young rich black dude? He filed to get this crazy chick out of his place and she wouldn’t leave.

Hurt feelings turned her into a gold digging squatter. Most likely had somebody to beat her up for another money shakedown.

He likely beat her up in the past which is why even if he didn’t this time, the pictures will hold him accountable for past actions and girl can collect all that money her backside earned.

If I’m wrong so be it, but that graphic picture of the beat up woman if it was him should already be in jail. Something does not smell right at all.

17. I wonder why a beating like that and hospital visit is publicized by an Instaface post as opposed to the police investigating. I will side with him for now, subject to further clarification.

18. I do not know who is being truthful here. However, there is one misconception that I, as a lawyer, want to address. Innocent until proven guilty only applies in the courtroom. If you examine the rest of the process, that is not how things are viewed from a legal perspective.

19. Tylawnosepicker6, don’t be so quick to defend Shady. OJ was not proven guilty in his criminal case but we all know he did it.

20. The picture is horrible. Will withhold any judgement on McCoy, as who knows if it has anything to do with him, but I have absolutely no understanding of how someone could do that to another person. Very sad.

21. I saw the picture of this lady’s face. How horrible it looks. This really is bothering me. Who ever did this to this lady should be locked up for a very, very long time.

22. Roger has to go hard on this after Railroading JW over no evidence no proof nothing burger accusation

Some here saying ‘wait till investigation’. Whose?

The NFL s? Thats a total joke. Who cares what these BS artist say. All they care about is appearance not what really happened

23. @ Flash1287

Who wrote:
    “July 10, 2018 at 12:50 pm
    What an idiot! Instagram was your choice to proclaim your innocence??”

There are so many things wrong with this question, I’m not sure where to start.

First, he didn’t use Instagram, she did when she accused him. Second, yes he did use Twitter, but tit-for-tat, she calls him out on social media, he responds in kind. And lastly, let me ask you this: how could he have responded that would have made him less an “idiot”?

Do you think he’d reach more people if his agent put out a statement? Would it seem a more credible denial if he held a news conference?

Just like everyone else, he communicates news through social media.

24. patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
    July 10, 2018 at 1:28 pm

——————-

“TYlawsnosepicker”

Oh yes, I see what you did there. Go back to the basement, Jets dork.

25. mrthirtytwo says:
    July 10, 2018 at 1:31 pm

Some here saying ‘wait till investigation’. Whose?

1 0 Rate This

————————-

Exactly. So, this would lead one to believe McCoy is finished in the NFL.

I am not convinced people understand what Goodell appealed with in the Deflategate Framejob of 2015/2016.

He essentially said he can commit crimes like theft and defamation, and nothing can happen to him even if guilty of charges like these that a regular citizen would be.

The media never asked him directly why he lied about Ray Rice, twice, though.

26. cookerduff123 says:
    July 10, 2018 at 1:28 pm
    Jerry Jones on line 1…

—————–

Steve Bisciotti, Ozzie NEwsome and Johnny WHinebaugh on line 2.

27. patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
    July 10, 2018 at 1:28 pm

———-

And we all know you are not a Pats fan but that doesn’t stop you from continuing to embarrass yourself

28. nhpats says:
    July 10, 2018 at 1:01 pm
    ejm845 says:
    July 10, 2018 at 12:55 pm
    Just because trump gets away with lying his balls off dosent mean you will

————

Are you going to make it 6 1/2 more years?

8 7 Rate This

———————

For the world and country’s sake, we all best hope it’s not a 2nd term. The country is being destroyed as we speak. Even right wing Republicans are seeing it.

Have you ever heard the man speak? This is someone you voted for? I am assuming you never went to college and you clearly have never left the woods of NH in your life.

Congrats, NH hillbilly!

29. it amazes me how Pats fans somehow can somehow look at these absolutely brutal pictures, and they are terrible. But only worry about Rogers justice. Guilty or not, that doesn’t matter, it’s about how Roger screwed the Pats. Unbelievable

30. Remember that one and only time when Roger created the ‘Commissioner’s Exempt List’ to effectively suspend Adrian Peterson 15 games and then it was never used again?

31. It’s catching up with this guy.

* tossing his girlfriend off the party bus…

*. Him and his posse stiffing the waitress with a 6 cent tip.

* beating up philly cops..

Yup shady, you’re innocent…

32. @diarrhea hughes says:

Trouble finds this cat. I think that’s the main reason Chip Kelly cut him loose from the Eagles.
    =======================================================================
    Chip Kelly traded him because (1) he didn’t know what he was doing (2) He wanted to have his college player Kiko Alonso.

33. July 10, 2018 at 12:55 pm
    Just because trump gets away with lying his balls off dosent mean you will

16 55 Rate This

…alright Einstein. Go ahead and list one Trump lie. I will then make a long list of your boy Obama’s lies

34. Accusers are not accountable for the false allegations they make. Therefore we see people calling the police because a black teenager is mowing a neighbor’s lawn or if a black girl is selling bottled water. Next thing you know someone is calling the police because a black girl scout is selling cookies.

35. tylawspick6 says:
    July 10, 2018 at 1:49 pm
    nhpats says:
    July 10, 2018 at 1:01 pm
    ejm845 says:
    July 10, 2018 at 12:55 pm
    Just because trump gets away with lying his balls off dosent mean you will

————

Are you going to make it 6 1/2 more years?

8 7 Rate This

———————

Congrats, NH hillbilly!

———

Actually I have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science and an MBA. And I have already stated numerous times that I did not vote for Trump….I voted Libertarian as I always do. Finally, given the two of you, from what I have read I am confident that whatever Trump’s IQ might be, it is many points higher than yours. But one thing the two of you have in common….you both whine incessantly. In that you are Brothers in Arms.

36. If you look at the post, it’s definitely saying this beating happened yesterday (and it was a nasty beating judging by the photos). Saying “I didn’t hit her” versus “I haven’t seen her in months” are two very different things and probably easy enough to prove. I’d bet if they share a child together he’s definitely seen her in the past few months. If guilty, the photos should be enough to get him the ray rice treatment (the suspension and shunning part, Shady can still play so he won’t be done forever). The accusations that he savagely beat his dog and child should get him another few games as well, but the only provable part should be if he hit her or not.

37. As a retired cop, one thing stands out and that’s the dog killing. It’s not something anyone EVER makes up.

As far as the beating is concerned, ping the cell phone. Rarely is anyone leaving their phone at home, especially when emotional. This will be a slam dunk investigation.

38. FYI, the tune has changed. It was no longer shady, but “he sent dudes to beat and rob her”. Do some digging, like this woman here, maybe you’ll find the gold you’re looking for. Probably not here, but somewhere.

39. Well McCoy in the eyes of public opinion and the trolls on this site you are guilty until proven otherwise, so deal with it. Even if you are found to be innocent, you are still guilty in the eyes of the trolls on this site.

40. Also, the “picture on the left” was taken in England. Just for context folks. So she was in England yesterday, and a States hospital the next. Connect the dots all you want.

41. The trouble with this connected world, is the bad news gets out first, and then if it’s wrong any correction a retraction never really makes the headlines. I can’t tell from what we’ve been Told if he did anything wrong or if she’s doing something wrong. But at this point he’s been convicted in the eyes of public opinion, and even if he is exonerated, this stays with him. Just as surely as he needs to be punished if he did this, there needs to be a clear punishment for people who bring false witness. And it wouldn’t hurt if we all reserved judgment until the facts were in

42. rabidbillsfan says:
    July 10, 2018 at 2:30 pm

0 1 Rate This

—————

Who cares where it was taken? The photos compared are meant to show what she really looks like and what she now looks like after the beating.

Ar e ou honestly this daft or just a supreme Bills homer?

43. granadafan says:
    July 10, 2018 at 2:25 pm
    Once again, Pats fans ruin another thread by making this all about them.

1 1 Rate This

———————

Umm, you cheating fanbases with your cheating owners should have thought about all of this A LONG TIME AGO.

We warned you.

Now, you’ll pay and pay some more. Keep it up. You started it, we’ll finish it.

44. nhpats says:
    July 10, 2018 at 2:05 pm
    tylawspick6 says:
    July 10, 2018 at 1:49 pm
    nhpats says:
    July 10, 2018 at 1:01 pm
    ejm845 says:
    July 10, 2018 at 12:55 pm
    Just because trump gets away with lying his balls off dosent mean you will

————

Are you going to make it 6 1/2 more years?

8 7 Rate This

———————

Congrats, NH hillbilly!

———

4 3 Rate This

———————–

That makes no sense. You’re constantly on here promoting Trump, a known criminal and bigot.

You’re a liar to say you’re a Libertarian after being so happy with Trump which your comments reflect, almost daily on here.

Your only worth is being a Pats fan and slapping trolls down.

Hint: My IQ is far higher than Trump’s. He’s as dumb as a bag of rocks and always was.

45. 700levelvet says:
    July 10, 2018 at 1:51 pm

———————

Wow. Another Einstein.

The point is, Article 46 allows Goodell creepy power that would allow him to do whatever he wants.

Get it? So, as bad as these photos are, etc, the point is beyond valid.

Goodell FRAMED Elliott last year like he framed Brady and the Pats in the past, and he announced under oath in federal court, that US law does not apply to him and how he wants to manage the NFL.

This would lead one to believe, Article 46 is in play here, and where there is smoke there is fire, which was the declared statement of “generally aware” with the reasoning to cheat the Pats and steal draft picks to hurt the Pats.

Get it?

So, in line with that thinking, with the details the victim is giving, and accusing him of such things, far worse than what Elliott was accused of, how on earth is this not a more severe situation?

Get it?

You dopey Millennials are so dumb. It’s unreal how dumb your generation is.

46. It’s disgusting. Most corrupt president ever. Rigged the election and is a bigoted moron with an IQ hovering around 100.
    =====

But I love that he could own you 1,000,000 over.

47. You can like him or not – but we don’t know one way or another whether or not these allegations are true, and it’s premature to start assuming he’s guilty. Plenty of athletes have been subjected to fabricated charges. He may not be a good tipper, he may not even be a good person. That doesn’t make the allegations true. We’ll likely find out soon enough.

48. LowIQLeft says:
    July 10, 2018 at 2:00 pm
    July 10, 2018 at 12:55 pm
    Just because trump gets away with lying his balls off dosent mean you will

16 55 Rate This

—————————————————————————————-

I’ll list one lie and it pertains to football: His constant assertion that the players are protesting the flag, the military, and the country. The players are protesting the treatment of American citizens by some police officers. Kaepernick consulted with Nate Boyer (former Green Beret and longsnapper for the Seahawks) who suggested that taking a knee was a respectful way of protesting. Now if I had to pick who I was going to listen to would I go with a guy who was a Green Beret or a guy who got 5 deferments for bone spurs but talks like he was Pat Tillman?

49. Lol…. I’m the first 57 year old millennial. Yeah for me, can’t wait to tell my grandkids.All you do is bitch about something that happened years ago. Enough with article 46, cap space whatever. Your act is old and tired. You don’t care about Elliot, it just furthers your troll agenda. Just shut up.

50. Wasn’t his girlfriend who he kicked off his bus and by kicked off it was getting her off the bus. Then there’s your inaccurate, ” beating up philly cops”? Obviously you did not follow that case. No charges were placed because there was none. In fact he was breaking up the fight between the cops and his buddies. Know thee of what ye say or sound like a fool.

51. Trolls from both sides have flooded this thread both actually for good reasons trouble seems to find Shady yet corrupt law enforcement have tarnished him in the past. Someone said how does instagram help prove your innocence you’re right it doesn’t, but hitting someone with an accusation isn’t guilt either. Let’s wait and see what comes of it if he’s guilty lock him up if not then time to leave him alone.

52. The girl in the picture appears to have been horribly beaten. I guess it is early days, but my few questions come to mind:

Did she go to the police? Since there have been no reports to this effect, I will assume that there has been no police involvement to this point. Which leads to a second question:

Why did she not report it?

For that matter, who took the picture and why is a friend posting it? What did the friend see or is she basing her comments on the comments of another person?

This is likely to get very interesting. If untrue, posting those pictures with the commentary is clearly per se defamation. If true, McCoy may have played his last NFL game. In fact, not playing again may be the least of his problems.

53. Well he better file a lawsuit right now otherwise he’s hiding something. Either you’re guilty and just playing innocent until more evidence comes out or you’re really innocent and go after whatever you can so these people don’t ruin other people’s live again.

54. This is becoming a much too often subject, it is sad but I am pissed, it doesn’t take much of a Man to hit a girl, I have seen sleezy go for the gold diggers do this, Also guys with bad habits too.. I am not there, neither are you.. But it seems sadly violence in stories
    does tend to lean one way.