Delicia Cordon’s lawyer: We haven’t “said directly” LeSean McCoy was involved

Getty Images

Bills running back LeSean McCoy continues to be on the wrong end of accusations that he arranged the invasion of a home he owns, the theft of jewelry he purchased, and the vicious beating of his former girlfriend, Delicia Cordon.

Via Mike Rodak of ESPN.com, Cordon’s lawyer insisted during a Thursday radio appearance that no direct allegations have been made against McCoy.

Tanya Mitchell Graham, the attorney for Delicia Cordon, told WRNB radio in Philadelphia on Thursday that neither she nor her client has “said directly” that LeSean McCoy was involved in a home invasion Tuesday that sent Cordon to the hospital. “That could be factual [that McCoy was in Miami and not involved],” Graham said. “The only thing I’ve said are factual things, for instance furniture was being moved on June 1. Mr. McCoy was not in Atlanta then. An eviction was filed on his behalf. He was not in Atlanta. Security cameras were changed at his residence. He was not in Atlanta then. So the fact that he was not in Atlanta doesn’t mean anything, really. But I have not — neither has my client — said directly that he was involved. I believe that the criminal investigation will play out and we will find out who the perpetrator or any accessories are.”

“That could be factual [that McCoy was in Miami and not involved],” Tanya Mitchell Graham told WRNB in Philadelphia. “The only thing I’ve said are factual things, for instance furniture was being moved [from the home] on June 1. Mr. McCoy was not in Atlanta then. An eviction was filed on his behalf. He was not in Atlanta. Security cameras were changed at his residence. He was not in Atlanta then. So the fact that he was not in Atlanta doesn’t mean anything, really. But I have not — neither has my client — said directly that he was involved. I believe that the criminal investigation will play out and we will find out who the perpetrator or any accessories are.”

That said, a prior statement issued by Cordon’s lawyers strongly implied that McCoy arranged the home invasion. Also, Cordon told police that she believes McCoy “possibly set her up” for the robbery and beating.

However it plays out, the current circumstances hardly scream out that McCoy is blameless. Neither is the fact that he is showing no public concern for the reality that: (1) a home he owns was invaded; (2) jewelry he bought was stolen; and (3) a woman he at one point cared about enough to let her live in a home he owns was brutally assaulted there. The all-important court of public opinion arguably would expect McCoy, if innocent, to be saying and doing something more than, “I have not had any direct contact with any of the people involved in months.”

75 responses to “Delicia Cordon’s lawyer: We haven’t “said directly” LeSean McCoy was involved

1. Seems like a bit of a step back from the victim’s camp. I’m assuming McCoy’s fancy new lawyer just threatened the bejesus out of them with a slander or defamation accusation.

2. They don’t need to say it, they just have one of her friends say it on social media…

3. Him: McCoy was going to have the squatter legally booted from his home the next day, so why beat her up?

Her: 35 year old squatter who relies on fading looks was going to lose her home and turns up beaten on the eve of judgment day.

4. Are you really that dumb? Anyone who knows Electronic devices knows memory can not be totally erased ever.

5. “I have not had any direct contact”

McCoy won’t get away with it.

6. They seemed to now realize it’s not in their best interest to make the “cash cow” unemployed.

7. Hey, they didn’t put the pieces together regarding OJ’s robbery in Vegas for a while either (he just wanted his “stuff” back, too).

They’ll get there…

8. Sounds like they’re backing off a little bit. I would really enjoy if it got proven that McCoy was not involved, I won’t hold my breath because I believe that he is but who knows, this story gets stranger by the minute

9. They didn’t mind hitching a ride on his celebrity – now all they have to do is coast.

10. Now would be a good time for the NFL to say they will allow things to play out in court before making a decision about McCoy. They could even throw in the caveat that if indisputable evidence presents itself before court proceedings are complete, they’ll suspend him immediately.

But I doubt they get anything correct.

11. If McCoy was Florio’s client, his first advice would be, shut your mouth. And that is the way to play it. The court of public opinion matters? Really?

12. “Implied,” “Insinuated,”… lol

Off-Topic: How’s about that KEVIN ANDERSON pulling off the victory versus John Isner at Wimbledon: 4-2 in the “8TH” Set (26-24 in the “5TH” lol). Will Mr. Anderson have any energy left for the finals now? LOL

13. Amateur attorneys have loose lips and talk to the press. McCoy, who hired an experienced attorney, is keeping things fairly quiet and as McCoy gains nothing from publicly explaining anything or pointing fingers. Cordin’s attorney IMHO is not doing her client any favors, as the back-tracks, inconsistent stories, and semantic games (she didn’t “directly” accuse blah blah blah) will just undermine her claims or make jurors, law enforcement and fact finders suspicious of her claims.

McCoy’s legal team (which has a proven record of success) know what they are doing. Cordin’s attorney on the other hand….

14. purpleguy says:
    July 13, 2018 at 2:58 pm
    If he wiped his cell phone or claims to have lost it, he’s responsible.
    —————————————————————————–
    It’s amazing how long Tom Brady has been taking up space in your head!

15. So he’s supposed to feel sorry for a woman that is saying he did something that he denies doing? Something that could land him out of work or even in jail? Ya, no thanks. Personally I can’t stand McCoy, but this smells way too fishy to me. I’m going with the “innocent until proven guilty” stance on this one.

16. tylawspick6 says:
    July 13, 2018 at 3:04 pm
    “I have not had any direct contact”

________________________________________________________

Even stop to think that he has asked for these item numerous times and that she is the one that told police that those items were targeted? Meaning she told them that on purpose to make him look guilty of being involved?

This woman was about to be kicked out of the home, an eviction hearing was about to happen. Desperate people do desperate things. My gut tells me he had nothing to do with this.

17. dsigrey says:

July 13, 2018 at 3:35 pm

——-

Agreed.

#1 – His lawyer told him to shut his yap, which Im sure is in his best interest

#2 – Whether he was involved or not, why would he care that this woman (that wouldn’t leave his house, with no legal grounds to be there other than it was her address on her license) was assaulted? That’s his ex. And a nasty ex at that. If it were me, I really wouldn’t feel bad about it.

But anything he says, can and will be used against him. Hence, the keep his mouth shut thing. But youre saying he is indicting himself in the court of public opinion. So, basically, he is wrong no matter what he does then?

18. Just a little info here.

They said three times the Police were called to the house. They were called because of arguing. But in all three visits never was Shady accused of any physical contact or threats.

So it seems a bit of a stretch that he would hire someone to beat the living day lights out of her the day before she was going to be evicted.

Originally I was pretty sure Shady was involved, now I think it’s a tossup.

19. He is not showing concern because she implied he was responsible, would you really care for someone who IYHO is trying to frame you?

20. To the commenter that says she beat herself up or the such, to stop an eviction. That is one of the most ludicrous things I have ever heard. No one wants to get evicted, but you are going to beat yourself half to death over it? People are incapable of putting themselves in others shoes. You are going to beat yourself like that to stop an eviction or get money? No way, It doesn’t happen.

21. In this country it’s not about guilt or innocence, it’s about who has the better lawyer. This statement makes it clear Shady does. Even if he’s guilty, he’s likely going to win this case. He’s now in the Jameis Winston and Ben Roethlisberger class of possible-woman-abusers who will probably-never-be-convicted. For that reason alone we may never know the truth, and it’s a real shame. His life is on the line as much as hers.

Here’s to hoping the police actually find evidence, rather than a lack of it.

22. eddievortex says:
    July 13, 2018 at 3:35 pm
    purpleguy says:
    July 13, 2018 at 2:58 pm
    If he wiped his cell phone or claims to have lost it, he’s responsible.
    —————————————————————————–
    It’s amazing how long Tom Brady has been taking up space in your head!

————

That’s what happens when Brady has beat your favorite team like a drum for almost two decades now…. And Brady has won 5 SBs and your favorite team has never even won a single SB

23. LMAO. And the entire board railed on Incognito. Sad. But expected from press disguised on the. Lard and players disguised on the board and the still supporters of Martin too stupid to be disguised on the board

24. That last paragraph is over the top, and this is at least the second article in which the writer implies McCoy is guilty of something terrible just because McCoy hasn’t expressed sympathy for his accuser. I don’t see the point.

If he orchestrated the crimes accused, expressions of sympathy will have no bearing. If he didn’t, well, his popularity won’t be affected. So, why harp on this issue? I find it perfect understandable he wants this troublesome ex out of his house and out of his life ASAP.

25. He wanted his stuff back and he out do he set it all up. Seems like the perfect crime, in his mind no one can blame for for this awful “coincidence”.

26. Well, who was sent in to beat her up looking for those specific items he wanted back?

I understand your point but there is no empirical evidence that the burgler actually asked for them. If I were setting him up, I’d say that stuff to because immediately it makes him look bad.

There are reports everywhere that she said he was involved. Now the lawyer is saying they never said that. She can’t even keep her story straight with her lawyer and btw when is anyone going to ask why the friend noted child abuse but never notified the proper authorities. I mean, that’s a trustworthy person right?

27. I would expect McCoy to have a competent criminal lawyer and I would expect that lawyer to tell his client to keep quiet about this.

28. Even if McCoy wasn’t involved,the least he could have done was to see if his ex-girlfriend was okay. SOMEONE gave her a vicious beating. Does he not have a heart? It happened in HIS house,and as Florio said,he did care about her once. I still do not believe this whole thing was a “coincidence”. Did he really think people would not look at him for this crime? The truth will come out,whatever it may be.

29. remember what Ben Franklin said about ‘dogs and fleas’
    its sure applicable in this instance dont you think

30. Perfect crime no one can blame him, well unless they can trace it back to him eventually.

31. McCoy has a very bad track record and this crime appears to involve him. He is in serious trouble whether you think he did or did not do it. McCoy is a punk! Long time Eagles fan here speaking and I was a huge McCoy fan. He has shown his true character too many times with the fight with off duty cops in Old City Philadelphia, the kicking his girlfriend or date off a private bus on the N.J. turnpike, threatening sports writers, being known as a real cheapskate and stiffing waiters and waitresses… McCoy allegedly lost his mind when he was traded to Buffalo and was initially refusing to play for them until huge dollars were shown to him.
    McCoy is a low life and I am just offering an educated guess that he did in fact set this up.

32. bradygirl12 says:
    July 13, 2018 at 5:47 pm

—————————————————–

Why in the hell would he do that when the first thing he hears of it he’s being accused of perpetrating the act?!! Your stance only make sense if they’re not accusing him of doing it immediately after it happens before anyone has even seen a police report. Not to mention in the same instagram post (which is how this story initially broke) post he was being accused of being child and animal abuse. Use your head. His silence about her “well being” doesn’t implicate him in this case.

Throw in the fact that her story is falling apart every day that passes without any help from him and I’d stay quiet too. Nothing he says, including expressing empathy, will help him so it’s best to say nothing at all. Don’t let any of that get in the way of your bias though. Maybe he did it and maybe he didn’t. Time will tell us what his silence actually means.

33. I got a feeling there’s more layers to this than an onion has. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out the ex girlfriend set this up in order to squeeze Shady for $$$$$ it really was the last option she had. She was going to be evicted the next day and her injuries were superficial. Shady is called Shady for a reason but why would you send a thing to go beat her up when she was getting kicked out the next day?

34. I tell you what….if I was in the NFL I’d bees asking to wear number 45, it’s the Greatest number our country has!
    Number 44 that number is terrible go wit 45!

35. jackofnotrades says:
    July 13, 2018 at 4:38 pm
    so the emotional knee-jerk mob was wrong?

——–
    Exactly what I was thinking.

36. What is he suppose to do go on the talk show circuit? No you let your legal council earn his money. At this point there is nothing to defend and if evidence points away from McCoy his one statement would have been enough.

37. See this is why I wasn’t 100 percent sold on it slandering is part and parcel of the me too generation. I don’t like the Bills obviously but this kind of seems like another smear attempt.

38. purpleguy says:
    July 13, 2018 at 2:58 pm

If he wiped his cell phone or claims to have lost it, he’s responsible.

_________________________________________________________

True. But wiping the phone won’t help him, because the phone service provider still has the records, which can be subpoenaed.

39. Anyone who knows police procedure or have watched any measure of TV knows the Miranda rights read upon being arrested by the police

A main portion states, “…..What you say can & WILL be used against you……. ”
    This follows “You have the right to remain silent….. ”

So whatever we say once accused, arrested, can & will hurt us

Thus, to an above comment that shady Attys probably told him to keep quiet is usually the BEST advice
    Especially in this day & media age

Far too often public opinion sways a jury months before any trial occurs

Even these post to this article serve the point that he’s cleared & convicted already

It could be someone, (so-called friends/acquaintances not hers x’s) who are involved

It’s a very cruel & cold world that excuses noone

Far too early to judge

40. One other tidbit here;

His mother was over there trying to get some things and evidently the Police were called etc.

There is a possibility she got someone to go over, and she also would have known what personal property Shady wanted back.

41. My gut feeling is that it is a scam. Possibly the woman orchestrated the whole thing. She knew everything she is accusing Shady of. She knew that the police would look to him first. There seems to be a revenge motive here.

42. I believe McCoy has nothing to do with it. Based on the account of the previous events and the contact he has had with the victim it seems like he was going through the process of legally evicting her even going as far as having his mother do it so he won’t be around her. I can’t see McCoy being this stupid to have a home invasion sounds like the victim and her cousin is trying to keep the money train going.