Dalvin Cook feels ready to deliver a hit

AP

Vikings running back Dalvin Cook was given the green light for full practice heading into camp and he was feeling comfortable enough about his recovery from a torn ACL that he ditched his knee brace.

Given that confidence, it’s not surprise that Cook is ready to take the next step in his return to the field. The team will be wearing full pads for Monday’s practice and Cook showed no reticence about what lies ahead when he was asked if he’s set to take a hit.

“I’m ready to deliver it,” Cook said, via Andrew Krammer of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “That’s what I’m ready to do. That’s my mind-set, man. I’m going to go out there and play and be me. I know my knee is fixed. I know I’m healed up. Put the time in, go out there and play.”

The Vikings haven’t laid out a plan for the first preseason game at this point, but Cook said he hopes to be on the field against the Broncos on August 11 for his first game action since Week 4 of last season.

23 responses to “Dalvin Cook feels ready to deliver a hit

1. Why put Cook in an exhibition game? Why risk an injury to his knee? I’ve never understood why teams put their starters on the field in meaningless games. Those exhibitions are ripoffs to the public anyway (especially at full ticket prices), so why take the risk of seeing your best players injured for no reason? How many times have we seen starters go down for the year in some ridiculous exhibition game? It makes no sense. Teams see what they need to see in practice. Keep your starters on the bench in the exhibition games. Wait until the games count, then take the risks.

2. v2787 says:
    July 30, 2018 at 8:46 am

Why put Cook in an exhibition game?
    _________________

That turf has ended another’s career.
    No matter how mundane it was becoming.

3. wafflestomp says:
    July 30, 2018 at 9:22 am

v2787 says:
    July 30, 2018 at 8:46 am

Why put Cook in an exhibition game?
    _________________

That turf has ended another’s career.
    No matter how mundane it was becoming.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

FYI Their practice field is brand new. It hasn’t ended a single career. Get your facts straight before you start trolling.

4. “Why would you even have him risk injury on that cow pasture they call a practice field.
    That turf has ended another’s career.”
    ———————————————————————————
    What are you even talking about?? The Vikings are playing and practicing on a new state-of-the-art facility in the heart of the Twin Cities. Are you referring to the Metrodome that was torn down over 5 years ago?
    What was Mark Twain’s quote about opening your mouth and removing all doubt??

5. diveleft says:
    July 30, 2018 at 9:42 am
    wafflestomp says:
    July 30, 2018 at 9:22 am

v2787 says:
    July 30, 2018 at 8:46 am

Why put Cook in an exhibition game?
    _________________

That turf has ended another’s career.
    No matter how mundane it was becoming.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

__________________

It was just a joke.
    Seriously, don’t cry or anything.

I honestly hope Cook comes back healthy and strong after his rookie year was cut short.

6. cheeseisfattening says:
    July 30, 2018 at 9:27 am
    It is nice having players excited to play and not just there for the money or pouting about their contracts
    _______________

Do you think a player with 4 games played in his pro career coming off a serous knee injury would be anything else? I suppose though you were use to AP trying to squeeze the Vikings for all he could

7. I’m with v2787. Keep your starters out of exhibition games. I know the fans dearly want to see them but those games are for guys fighting to make the roster. They will really drill someone if they get the chance. And let’s knock down the ticket prices on exhibition games while we are at it. (As if that will ever happen. I don’t know why I said that. I’ll leave.)

8. eazeback says:
    July 30, 2018 at 8:32 am

hard to deliver a hit w/out lowering your helmet!

==========

Umm, have you ever heard of a thing called a ‘shoulder’? Every human has two of them. You can find them at the top of each arm. They bracket the neck, which supports the head.

9. Frazier28/7 says:
    July 28, 2018 at 1:12 pm
    Maybe they should wait to see if he can make it through the season first, behind that oline he’ll probably end up on IR again. Guy is soft.

/////////////////////////

Finally, a voice of reason.

10. A good offense is now better. Let’s hope he plays this year as well as he was playing before the injury.

11. vikings1234 says:
    July 30, 2018 at 1:58 pm
    _____________

Different OC…. different QB…. i need to SEE improvement not just assume it.

12. Even when the packer trolls see it they don’t believe it. Moss wasn’t that good he takes too many plays off. so many he is in the HOF. Percy Harvin isn’t that good Cobb is just as good.No not really. And when Cook excels packer trolls won’t give him any credit either. So again even when you SEE it, you don’t.Not that it matters to football fans. I am excited to see Dalvin get a full season in. He looked very promising early.

13. VIkes fans, can one of you draw an off-season championship trophy??

I’ve never seen one but you guys claim them every year.

It’s all you really care about.