Report: Marshall Faulk expected to leave NFL Network

Getty Images

After former employee Jami Cantor filed a harassment lawsuit against NFL Network last year, the network suspended Marshall Faulk because he was one of her alleged harassers.

Now it appears Faulk will be done at the network altogether. Andrew Marchand of the New York Post reports that Faulk’s representatives are working to finalize contract language on his departure. One clause that’s expected to be included would bar either side from filing suit against the other.

NFL Network also suspended Heath Evans and Ike Taylor last year. Taylor has already left the network and Marchand reports that Evans is expected to join Faulk on his way out this year. Donovan McNabb, Eric Davis and producer Eric Weinberger were also named in the lawsuit and had already left NFL Network. McNabb and Davis were fired by ESPN after the allegations in the lawsuit became known and Weinberger mutually parted ways with The Ringer.

Another harassment lawsuit was filed against NFL Network by Erin McParland last month. Davis and Michael Irvin were among those accused of inappropriate conduct in that suit.

55 responses to “Report: Marshall Faulk expected to leave NFL Network

1. fireroger says:
    August 2, 2018 at 4:33 pm
    Faulk will probably blame the harassment charges on an alleged illegal filming of a walk through.

———————-

LOL!

Winner.

2. This is one of those

“Not THAT guy! I feel like I know him and he and he seems so likable/approachable. He was seemed like such a good dude.”

And then I am reminded that Michael Irvin took a pair of scissors to a teammate’s throat, Ray Lewis was involved in a murder cover up, and Quiet-as-a-mouse-who-can-do-no-wrong, Marvin Harrison is an attempted murderer (he’s got a Got-out-of-dodge;-guy-I-shot-actually-got-killed-by-someone-else-before-trial card).

Never meet your heroes.

3. Don’t worry Tylawspick6, the NFL HOF will come full circle and have known cheaters and rule manipulators in their ranks. Liars, murders and cheaters all living happily ever after….

4. Maybe the ball should have an annex for the players they inducted who were bad guys in real life…

Hall of Shame…”For players whose greatness on the gridiron was only surpassed by their behavior off of it!”

5. dcnupe3 says:
    August 2, 2018 at 4:56 pm
    ====================
    Since the bar is so low I would hope so.

6. I’d love to work for the NFLN and have that access to the NFL. These people that did this are plain stupid. You don’t do that at any job, let alone one that would be this great to have!

7. Now marsahall you can sit at home and cry how the patriots cheated when they beat you in the super bowl…not the fact that you did nothing…you are a loser and uts a great day that we dont have to listen to cry anymore

8. dcnupe3 says:
    August 2, 2018 at 4:56 pm
    ——

They already inducted Bill Polian, Don Shula, Terell Davis and Jojn Elway. Four of the biggest cheaters to ever take the field.

9. NFL Network executives must be like, “Christ, can’t we hire anyone that won’t harass the women who work here?”

That’d be disingenuous, wouldn’t it?

They all knew what was going on there, never did anything to stop it.

10. aarons444 says:
    August 2, 2018 at 4:32 pm
    That’s a shame.
    Other than Eisen, he was nearly the only good thing they had going.

Eisen a good thing ?I can’t listen to Eisen-smug, arrogant and useless.

11. All of these football shows have gotten boring and silly. How much can you talk about on 5 different networks covering the NFL at exactly the same time? Its nuts. Marshall maybe a scumbag but he does know football inside and out. He will pop up somewhere I am sure on TV or radio.

12. He’s been off the air so long now that he isn’t even missed
    NFL game day morning went on just fine without him.
    I was so over his Cowboys hating anyway

13. It’s so easy to get a man fired these days. How much longer will society allow for it? Now your wife can’t even tell you about her friends bad relationship or else you’ll get fired because she stays with the abusive guy. I mean really. It’s come to this? I’ve had to tell my wife I can’t hear anything about her girlfriends bad decisions when it comes to the men they are attracted to and won’t leave. Or hell, I’ll lose my job if they found out I knew.

14. Faulk, McNabb, Davis, Sharper, Sapp, Irvin. This is the NFL Network. But let’s blame somebody else.

15. I’d love to see an insider article about how they choose guys for these TV gigs. Faulk never really connected with me and beyond him being a great player I can’t see how he got the job. When you think of the large pool of retired players out there–even if you confine it to guys who were household names–there are plenty of options. Yet they frequently totally miss. Don’t they do auditions? And given how so many guys never seem to improve, I get the impression there must not be any ongoing training.

16. dcnupe3 says:
    August 2, 2018 at 4:56 pm

————————

Aren’t Jerry Rice and Bill Walsh already in the HOF?

17. We had a guy at work get canned for this. Always put his hand on your shoulder when he talked to you. It was like my old man did when he talked to me. Didn’t think much of it. Nice guy, helpful, but someone found offense and contacted HR. Even the boss agonized over letting him go, but lawsuits are costly. Now the men barely speak to the women at work unless it’s absolutely required. We don’t know what we might do or say that will get us fired so we avoid contact. Makes for a pretty strange environment.

18. Kaz says:
    August 2, 2018 at 5:57 pm

————————————————————————————————————————-
    In the case of the NFL Network these guys earned everything they are getting.

19. fireroger says:
    August 2, 2018 at 4:33 pm

———————-

BINGO

20. We don’t know what we might do or say that will get us fired so we avoid contact.
    *****
    I’m a nurse and I work in an environment that is mostly female. I don’t put my hands on shoulders or touch anyone anyway except fist bump or handshake, and I am darn sure careful what I say. Even if someone else initiates the conversation, I won’t join in on certain topics because you can still be reported even if you didn’t start it. I usually walk away. Protect yourself. Be alert. They think I’m shy so okay.

21. It’s actually pretty easy to avoid sexual harassment complaints, keep your hands (and other body parts) to yourself and keep sex out of all conversations. Doesn’t sound like genius-level IQ stuff, does it?

22. So, say somethin rude and inappropriate, put your hands where they dont belong and you get fired. Good, thats what should happen.

Kill two people, lose your white suit. Get to mumble on tv, be glorified on air and go to the HOF.

NFL justice, nothing like it.

23. bucdan says:
    August 2, 2018 at 4:52 pm
    This is one of those

Never meet your heroes.
    —————-
    If your heroes are Sports figures than you do not know what a Hero is…