Bryan Bulaga cleared to practice

Getty Images

When the Packers placed right tackle Bryan Bulaga on the physically unable to perform list at the start of training camp, word was that he’d be ready for the regular season.

Bulaga’s gotten the green light for football work well ahead of that date, however. The Packers announced on Friday that Bulaga has been cleared to practice and will be activated from the PUP list in time to have limited participation in Friday’s practice.

“I know he’s excited about the news he got this morning from Dr. McKenzie,” Packers coach Mike McCarthy said.

Bulaga tore his ACL last November, so there was some question about whether he’d make it back in time to start the season. Barring any issues once he is back on the field, that question appears to be answered in a positive fashion for Bulaga and the Packers.

Linebacker Nick Perry is the only Packers player still on the PUP list.

28 responses to “Bryan Bulaga cleared to practice

1. Is it me, or is there seemingly an avalanche of uplifting stories about the Green Bay Packers over the last few months?

Here is a fun fact. The Packers are the only team attempting to win a NFL record 14th World Championship this season. It’s extremely humbling as a fan to be privileged with this level of greatness.

2. “Here is a fun fact. The Packers are the only team attempting to win a NFL record 14th World Championship this season. ”

Yeah lets worry about the Super Bowl era. Yes championships from before that are “NFL championships”, but dusty old trophies gotten in 12-16 team leagues with no cap, no free agency and far less competition have no bearing on what it takes to win a Super Bowl.

3. Not to toot my own horn, but I was the only one here to say Bryan Bulaga would be ready for the season opener and not on the PUP list for the first six weeks of the season.

Good news that he is practicing. It was not expected this soon by anyone but me😉

#100Seasons

#75BackInAction

GoPackGo!

4. harrisonhits2 says:
    August 3, 2018 at 12:43 pm

—————–

Your argument is terrible. So the accomplishments of guys like Jim Brown or Johnny Unitas should just be whitewashed out of the conversation in your opinion. What about other sports? Babe Ruth and the Yankees never happened because there weren’t 30 MLB teams back then?

Also, following your logic, should we only count history after 2002 since that’s when the NFL went to 32 teams?

5. Great news coming out of Titletown.
    Bulaga’s sudden rebound is almost as surprising as Quentin Rollins quick recovery from a torn Achilles’ tendon injury.
    Hopefully, with Jake Ryan, we’ve seen the worst of Green Bay’s bad luck with injuries this training camp.
    *Knock on Wood*

6. I’ve said repeatedly that injuries are normal. Every year is the same thing. This year is no different. As with Jake Ryan and anybody else that can’t go……

…..Next Man Up.

7. Waffle:

I wanted to post this here. I previously posted on the phone booth packers article, but wanted to be sure you saw it. I’m offering n olive branch of sorts.

———————————————————

billtetley53 says:

August 3, 2018 at 8:45 am

wafflestomp says:

August 2, 2018 at 4:44 pm

billtetley53 says:
    August 2, 2018 at 1:03 pm

It’s not funny and that 10 and counting packers fans agree with you speaks volumes about your fanbase.
    _________________________

Yes, and the fact that you feel 10 people out of several hundreds of thousands of fans speaks volumes to you about an entire fan base leaves me to seriously question your judgement on anything.

And please, stop being such a hypocrite.
    The fact I’ve never seen you, or even a single Barney, post anything against one of your own fans portraying himself as a notorious Wisconsin serial killer, I won’t really care how any Packer fan posts on this site.
    ==========================================================

Well waffle, it now up to 50 fans that have given it a thumbs up. Let’s say for the sake of argument there is 500 packers fans that read the comments( a high estimate in my opinion) That means 10% of your fan base agrees with it.
    Do you feel that 10% is too much, too little?

Say GB has 1 million fans, carrying those numbers over, that is 100,000 people who feel its ok to make fun of someone’s death. That is unacceptable. That Frank Booth, a “Bears fan” is the only 1 I have seen call anyone out, is very telling also.

As far as the Dahmer dude. I don’t read any of his stuff. He didn’t show up on here until filthy/Tokyo started making fun of Stringer dying and the I-35 bridge incident.
    I am not justifying him. I think it is idiotic on the posters part to use that name, it’s not remotely funny and it’s inane. Just as is the barney/gumby name calling.
    Jesus, we are all for the most part 18 and over are we not? This is all middle school bs that goes on here(myself included). I do not expect it to change. This was going on here in 2009 when I used to post a lot more. Same insults, same arguments, some of the same posters.

I go to other sites besides this one if I want serious, mature football debates. This site went downhill along time ago. I come here to blow off steam.

So, in closing I apologize for the dahmer guy, for Ariani, for codylaws . I hope that makes you feel better. I don’t agree with them.

I do not need you to apologize for filthy/tokyo, for stellar, or for anyone else.

Most of these idiots post the stuff they do for attention. They do not care if it is positive or negative. They just want to be noticed. Maybe, if both sides stop giving them attention, or we band together to try and rid the site of them, we could have some civil, intelligent debates?

I doubt that it will happen, it didn’t work before, but maybe it is worth a try again? this site used to be a lot of fun at one time, it isn’t anymore.

What do you say Waffle? Do you want to lead the charge for your side of the aisle?

8. Bill, there is a good change waffle is Tokyo. Look up both their names in urban dictionary. What are the odds there would be 2 different guys with poop loving names? Or maybe I’m wrong it’s a Packer fan thing.

9. Bill………I accept your apology too. You’re a big man for taking the first step.

10. LT David Bakhtiari

LG Lane Taylor

C Corey Linsley

RG Justin McCray

RT Bryan Bulaga

With Bryan back and this OL intact, this line can dominate. Haters can lie and say different, but this is one of the, if not the best OL in the NFL.

Not just me saying it. Those that get paid to coach, scout and analyze football say it.

#37DaysToWeek1Kickoff

#2108GreenBayPackers

#LetsGetThisPartyStarted!

11. filthymcnasty3 says:
    August 3, 2018 at 5:38 pm
    billtitley53 – I accept your apology. No hard feelings.

////////////////////////

Maybe you should send your apologies to the Sparano family. Bills a big boy.

12. freefromwhatyouare says:
    August 3, 2018 at 12:47 pm

++++++

The season opener is a month away. Put the horn back in its case.

13. Boy, 9 months injury to return on an ACL tear — I hope the Packers and Bulaga aren’t rushing him back too soon.

The Pack’s medical staff has a history of being very conservative (except allowing Aaron to come back against Carolina last year in an attempt to salvage a washed out season).

I’ve always been a fan of interior line play – probably because I played the game before “Madden” was introduced. I love the big fat guys up front. As the cliche goes, you only hear their names when they’re injured or muck up a block. Bulaga is a very good right tackle when he’s in there. Problem is that this guy has had more bad luck injuries than any Packers’ player I can remember.

9 times out of 10, when an O-lineman goes down, it involves a roll-up, a cut block or a DLineman being blocked onto a planted leg – and in a congested scrum. I’m just hoping that he’s not being rushed back…he has this year and next on his current contract – I admire this guy’s guts and determination. As long as he WANTS to play, he’d be welcome in my world…even at an $8M cap figure.

14. binkystevens says:
    August 3, 2018 at 12:55 pm
    harrisonhits2 says:
    August 3, 2018 at 12:43 pm

—————–

////////

Mostly correct.

What he would prefer is if you dont count anytiing before the patriots finally won their first super bowl.

Takes two super bowl losses off the books and allows him to take a break from the patriot/brady internet defense force.

15. Injuries are part of the game. In 2010 the Packers had a lot of injuries, more than most, and many no-name faces. They entered the postseason as a wildcard and still won every road game before exposing the Steelers as overrated pretenders by dominating SuperBowl XLV. It was an excellent combination of raw talent and great coaching.

I heard The Vikings make tape of that Packer postseason run mandatory studying for the classroom portion of their training camp.

16. I was at the practice on Thursday. From across the field, it looked like Brian Bulaga was working out with a trainer, but not with any other player.

17. Cindy V says:
    August 4, 2018 at 10:05 pm

//////////////////////

Wait a minute, didn’t free already toot his horn?

18. filthymcnasty3 says:
    August 3, 2018 at 5:38 pm
    billtitley53 – I accept your apology. No hard feelings

Bill below is your new best friend. I guess leopards don’t change their stripes or tigers don’t change their spots or something like that. RIP coach Sparano.

filthymcnasty3 says:
    August 5, 2018 at 11:54 am
    We can all be tremendously confident in the top notch and competent WI healthcare David will receive – comforted by the assurance that he won’t be cleared to go back to work until he’s fully healthy