Malcolm Jenkins says a player statement on anthem is coming

Getty Images

The NFL and the NFLPA have yet to come to an agreement on a new anthem policy, and there’s a full schedule of games for the first time this week.

With that stage set, Eagles safety and leading player/activist Malcolm Jenkins said he hasn’t decided what he might do during the national anthem this week, but teased a major statement on the way.

“I’m not sure yet,” Jenkins said, via Marcus Hayes of the Philly.com. “I honestly haven’t thought about it.”

“I haven’t thought about it, either,” defensive end Michael Bennett said. “Ask me another day.”

That may not necessarily be the whole truth, because Jenkins added: “We will probably have an op-ed or something drop Wednesday.”

“We” would be the Players Coalition, suggesting that someone is trying to make a broader statement than one Malcolm Jenkins raising a fist or one Michael Bennett sitting during the anthem to bring attention to racial inequity and some fundamental unfairnesses of the criminal justice system.

As one of the leaders of the coalition, Jenkins didn’t think protests would be an issue this season — protestors had dwindled to an almost negligible number before the owners ham-handedly crafted a policy without any player input in May, allowing the President to return to one of his favorite pinatas and make it a thing again.

“It would have moved to a point where we were working together to draw some awareness to these issues and put some more action to the effort to amplify what players are taking about,” Jenkins said. “Talking out of both sides [of their mouth] on behalf of the owners has put players in a place where we don’t trust the league’s intentions, and we don’t trust the intentions of the owners. . . .

“Guys have been very active. Guys are starting to find different avenues, different ways they can contribute. People are beginning to see this is bigger than just the two minutes of the national anthem.”

That the owners created this problem for themselves makes it their problem, but it’s clear a large faction of players are going to have their say this week.

134 responses to “Malcolm Jenkins says a player statement on anthem is coming

1. Good for Malcolm. He realizes it’s time to do something since the protest achieved its goal. Now if he would only realize it’s a cultural problem not a racial inequality problem created on the liberal plantation we’d be much better off.

2. We don’t need any more awareness. We are aware. What EXACTLY should be done about it? That’s what we want to be made aware of. Change requires action on both sides and that’s way past happening.

It’s culture, not color. The only real inequity is financial and that cuts across all lines. Rich folks get off while poor get hassled.

3. So, nobody’s told them what they’re protesting yet? Jeez, really cutting it down to the wire, eh?

4. Who cares anymore? I mean seriously. Let the players do whatever they want. Since not all players are “protesting” for the same reason, just give them each face time prior to the game. If they want to, let them tell the people watching what it is they need to say. If they feel like they are MLK or Rosa Parks then I’m glad that 5 minute part of pregame Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays brings that out in them during football season. I’ll continue to back the players, the police, the fans and military who give themselves 100% to the cause everyday. I’ll back the people who don’t seek fame, headlines, #woke status, retweets and likes. I’ll back the people trying to actually make a difference both now and in the future not the ones who do it only in season, on TV or in social media while living in the past.

5. Their locker room and leadership will be put to the test with those two buffoons(jenkins and Bennett) on the same team. My guess is after the Eagles under perform both Bennett and Jenkins will retire.

6. None of this matters. At all. Caring about who stands during the national anthem is like caring about who doesn’t sing along during the 7th inning stretch of a baseball game: it has zero relevance as to why you’re watching the game anyway.

7. .
    In 2016, the last year of the Obama administration, 52,000 Americans died from opioid overdoses. Over 90% (or 40,000) were white. When will Malcolm Jenkins or Michael Bennett be addressing this disparity?

8. This is a watershed year for the NFL—-is it going to be about football from now on or is it going to be about politics and social engineering? Hopefully the choice will be clear so that I can make my choice as to how I spend my free time on Sundays in the fall.

9. Like Jenkins stated we would be dealing with a none issues except for the fact we have an ill tempered, decomposing jack-o-lantern in Washington posing as a President.

10. What are you doing to fix your culture and communities? Until then none of this matters. Also Michael Bennet lied so he cannot speak about any of this anymore.

11. “I honestly haven’t thought about it.”

That statement there says all I need to know.

12. Oh, but Malcolm, you don’t trust the owners ? You said, how supportive Lurie was of the players, yet you don’t trust him ? Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth. The fact that your planning something for the anthem, shows this isn’t about the social injustice issue any more, it’s just about bringing attention to yourself to show that you can exercise your first amendment rights. Malcolm Jenkins = hypocrite.

13. Honestly, I don’t care what the statement is. This is a workplace issue. HR policy 101. Players are employees. They wear the uniform of their employer. Employers make rules and employees are supposed to follow them. Protesting at work is unacceptable; it is hurting business. Owners own, coaches coach, and players play. Period.It is not your forum. It is the owners forum.The field and stadium belongs to the owners. The networks pay the owners for the right to broadcast the games. It is the owners forum. Find your own platform.

14. I had my say this week as well, canceled sunday ticket. MAYBE when they get done disrespecting my flag and country I will return. No way am I going to pay to watch them do it.

15. What is this, the 3rd one? Or just the 2nd one to totally ignore what was originally said which was that the kneeling was specifically about the flag before the players realizes that didn’t play well?

16. Just save it Malcolm. The VAST majority of us don’t give a damn about your idiotic protest.

17. Just drop it already… Players shut up and play football and the media shut up and report about football…

18. Please don’t do it. I was the fence about getting the directv NFL package because of this issue. I’ve had it every year since they started it one of the only reasons I have DTV. Please don’t ruin football from me. By sticking to Directv I can’t see the Phillies, Flyers and sixers games. But might have to rethink that. And I’m an eagles fan who bleeds green.

19. Unless the statement says, “anthem protests just divide us further so they should be ended”, I don’t want to hear about it. Never has there been more fuss made over an absolutrly useless and divisive gesture. Let it die already so we can enjoy football.

20. YAY!!

Curious if the NFL’s social justice warriors have a statement on the 70 shootings that took place in Chicago over the weekend. Assuming no, and that their main concern is tweets.

21. If the players don’t like the way the owners are handling it.
    They can buy their own team and put in whatever rules they want.

22. Awesome!!! Finally the under privileged millionaires get their voice heard. America is on its toes to hear the voice of the men making millions playing a child’s game on how they wish to disrespect our National Anthem. Yawn.

23. Hopefully this is the end of this. I would really like to get back to football being about football. These guys may have finally come to their senses that they weren’t going to win over the fans on this topic.

24. What’s so wrong with the players actually putting their money where their mouth is? If they’re so concerned about inequality and injustices, how about actually doing something. Make that your life mission. But when you come to work, be prepared to work. I don’t want to share in your personal beliefs or feelings when that time is suppose to be dedicated to playing football. If those issues are so concerning to you that it’s a distraction to your job and fellow employees, maybe you shouldn’t be playing football.

25. Everyday I dislike this league more and more. Not only because of this issue but all of it. Listening to reports that players are complaining that they are worked too hard, the heat, blah blah blah the entire league is so soft now.

26. Can we please get some leadership in the league office that will stop encouraging the pointless kneeling, and finally put an end to this nonsense?

27. Let them have their say, as it is their right to do so….But…If they; choose to continue to kneel, raise fists or disrespect the Anthem and flag of our country in any manner,they will experiance a backlash from Veterans, Active service members and patriots, who will stop all financial support of NFL activities ! I know this to be true as I have talked to many who will garner said support for action same….Tread lightly on this NFL or you will lose a great deal of financial support from many of your long time grassroots supporters….of this there can be no doubt !
    Dana Brinkmeier
    Disabled Vn Era Vet Combat Corpsman/Battle Surgery Tech and Vet Employment Rep [ Ret]..

28. Just play ball
    If you want to
    Make a statement about racial inequality that’s great
    But not during the anthem, maybe buy some slotted commercial breaks and inform people, just stop ruining football

29. Good or Bad, Kaepernick put the spotlight on the abuses he wanted to see in teh public consciousness.

It’s done though.

Continued protests along this particular line aren’t going to bring any additional positive press. They are only going to further alienate players from the fans and drive a wedge between owners & the league.

If the players can’t see that writing on the wall at this point, it’s on them.

30. Political activism will be the death of the NFL. The owners and the league know the protesting is killing ratings and attendance. The players think the money will keep coming no matter how unpopular they make the sport. Anyone with even a tiny bit of common sense knows that the fans pay for everything. Yet a lot of people believe fans simply don’t matter or can be replaced. The NFL is going to have to do something to survive, but they can’t seem to do what is politically unpopular with progressives. I guess it is easier to give up and go under than to go against what a bunch of lunatics demand.

31. “Curious if the NFL’s social justice warriors have a statement on the 70 shootings in Chicago over the past week”.

Curious as to whether you or any of the other anthem zeolots care anything about those 70 people.

32. cardinealsfan20 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 9:10 am
    The Trumpkids are up early this morning

Do you ever have anything useful to say?

33. llinstackme says:
    August 7, 2018 at 9:34 am
    cardinealsfan20 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 9:10 am
    The Trumpkids are up early this morning

Do you ever have anything useful to say?

Since when has standing and respecting our country and flag become a bad thing? Your hatred for this country and its history is only destroying any issue you may have. Congratulations for solidifying my hatred for this protest and those who support them.

34. DUIs, drugs, domestic abuse, assaults, theft, multiple fatherless families… at least while some of these “role model” footballers are busy protesting, all the social hassles they create drops a tad.

35. “Now if he would only realize it’s a cultural problem not a racial inequality problem created on the liberal plantation we’d be much better off.”

Liberal plantation? Not at all. This comes from the bigotry and racism promoted by the president at odds with the constitution.

It is a problem of income inequality, massive public welfare for the 1% while screaming that every penny spent on programs for education, medicare, medicaid etc is somehow wasted entitlement and should also go to the 1%.

36. cardinealsfan20 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 9:18 am
    “Anyone with even a tiny bit of common sense knows that the TV networks pay for everything. And they are able to do this by selling advertising to the companies interested in selling their products to the fans of the league and the sport.”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now, I’ve fixed that for you.

37. harrisonhits2 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 9:55 am

———–

If that is true then how does any of this pre-date the President?

No, a bigger issue is that 70% if black kids grow up with only a single parent in their lives. That is the core issue and the Liberals don’t want to talk about it. Because they helped create it. If you want a good look at Progressive policies left to run their course then look no further than Detroit.

38. I am sure it will be helpful and not divide the fan base further at all………………… /sarc

39. sports604714432 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 6:15 am
    I kneel in my living room. I will not stand. And I’m a veteran.
    ________________________________________________________________

1. your vet status doesn’t mean anything. A lot of us have served. You aren’t special.
    2. You kneel in your living room? What “awareness” are you bringing there? Do your cats look at you like some sort of cultural hero now?

40. Oh GREAT….. A player statement on the anthem……, I quiver with anticipation……NOT!!!

41. LOL. Can’t wait for all of the thumbs-down folks around here to be so bitterly disappointed again in 2020. This is what America is, and you’re not changing it. Don’t like it? Then go to a country where you have nothing to protest. What a novel concept.

42. The NFL cannot afford to lose the fans but it can afford to lose disrespectful players. There are many more eager young players who are ready to take their jobs if it comes to that.

43. Maybe Malcolm should focus on cleaning up the controversial hazing incidents of his fraternity, Omega Psi Phi, which he has branded on his arm.

44. Trying to sort this out is challenging because of lies.

Hands up don’t shoot was a lie.
    Kaepernick sitting because of social injustice was a lie.
    Michael Bennett lied.

They lied and incited riots that burned America cities and burned Americans out of their jobs, some of which if not many were POC BTW, and looted their businesses. They stopped traffic because they could. They assaulted bystanders because they could. If the police were sent it it was deemed too aggressive. If the police didn’t show up they were deemed negligent.

These folks had been waiting a long time for this perfect opportunity for mayhem without repercussion.

And that’s what they call social justice? I call that a lynch mob.

45. sports604714432 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 6:15 am
    I kneel in my living room. I will not stand. And I’m a veteran.

23 161 Rate This

***************************************************

Quit trying to feel important. Nobody cares what you do and you are not making any difference what you do inside your living room.

And I doubt you’re a vet.

46. My comments are usually a little long winded, they’ll cover several ideas in one, and sometimes I don’t know if people who disagree are disagreeing with all of it, or just one or a few of the opinions I hold.

So just to test the waters, I want to keep this simple and see what the general consensus is. Here goes:

White people are not the primary stewards of America.

Let’s see how this goes….

47. “Since when has standing and respecting our flag and country become a bad thing?”

48. I don’t see the unfairness in the judicial system – if one race disproportionally COMMITS crimes a HIGHER rate than their population percentage, then we shouldn’t be looking at sentencing or conviction rates; we should be demanding that community get its act together to reduce its crime footprint. Until they take responsibility for a breeding ground of high crime, then we have no business adjusting anything else.

49. While we’re at it, about this whole freedom of speech thing. How many have been fired for speaking their mind over the past few years? Remind us how one cultural group has established words they can use freely yet mean vocational death if used by another group?

Anyone ready to kneel for the rights of those folks?

50. shadywarrior says:
    August 7, 2018 at 10:42 am

White people are not the primary stewards of America.

All Americans are stewards. Or they should be. It’s called personal pride. Your parents should have taught you that. Basic human decency.

51. sports604714432 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 6:15 am
    I kneel in my living room. I will not stand. And I’m a veteran.
    —————————————–
    I’m sure this person isn’t a vet.
    Has been repeating the same mantra over and over.

52. wawa33 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 10:37 am
    ___________________________________________
    just read up on that and learned alot, seems being a OPP is very dangerous and someone should protest.

An Omega Psi Phi member was sentenced to two years in jail in 1987 for hitting pledges over the head with a 2×4 piece of lumber. A Southern University pledge was blinded after being hit on the head with a frying pan in 1992. In 1993, five new Omega Psi Phi members at the University of Maryland wound up in the hospital with a laundry list of injuries: ruptured spleens and ear drums, a collapsed lung, cracked ribs, and a fractured ankle, all courtesy of their prospective frat brothers’ paddles, brushes, and belts. The following year, seven Kappa Alpha Psi members at Southeast Missouri State were convicted of manslaughter. They’d repeatedly slapped, hit, kicked, and bodyslammed their victim until he’d lost consciousness and (whoops!) died.

53. cardinealsfan20 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 10:45 am

———————————

You can spell jingoistic xenophobes but you can’t spell Cardinal? Interesting.

54. wawa33 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 10:37 am

The hazing was done to their own people so no harm no foul I guess. Now we know to whom Malcolm pledges allegiance. Murderers.

55. shutupbrees says:
    August 7, 2018 at 8:23 am
    YAY!!

——————
    Thats being handled by a different group and they are protesting all killings, they mention the cops but dont single them out as the main source. (Kudos for their honesty on that) They protested in the financial district already and say they are planning to disrupt Ohare next. Because lord knows the people you need to reach on this isdue hang out in the financial district and at Ohare. They could go downtown where the shootings happen and march to disrupt the gang activities. Except those guys will shoot you.

56. itsalwaysabout says:
    August 7, 2018 at 10:51 am
    shadywarrior says:
    August 7, 2018 at 10:42 am

White people are not the primary stewards of America.

——————————————————————
    I think you’re missing my point. What I’m saying is, there seems to be an attitude in America that white people run the show. Things don’t happen unless white people say it’s ok. And I’m not talking about what’s in the law books, I’m talking about what resides in individuals’ hearts, and how that affects their opinions and actions, and how the summation of all those individuals can amount to a large-scale societal/cultural problem. It’s the white guy or gal at a business calling back John Kowalski about his application, but not Jamal Jackson. I always hear people yelling about how it’s essentially a problem with black culture, how they need to address their own issues. Well this is me, a white man, trying to get MY own house in order, by that same logic. And my initial question just serves to see how many people actually think that this is a white country and everyone else is just here at our behest.

57. cardinealsfan20 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 10:45 am

——-

So now enforcing our southern border and immigration laws is “assaulting Hispanics”? You see this is why clear thinking people can no longer take Progressives seriously….

58. 6ball says:
    August 7, 2018 at 6:56 am
    =============================================
    In the late 80’s and early 90’s hundreds of thousands of people were addicted to crack. 93% of them black. How many white athletes addressed that disparity?

59. Still waiting to hear professor Jenkins’ thoughts on the unstoppable daily slaughter in the streets of America’s inner cities. Overwhelmingly the victim and perp are from the same race. Sounds of crickets. Selective outrage.

60. shadywarrior says:
    August 7, 2018 at 11:13 am
    itsalwaysabout says:
    August 7, 2018 at 10:51 am
    shadywarrior says:
    August 7, 2018 at 10:42 am

White people are not the primary stewards of America.

——————————————————————

——–

OK I will take a crack at this. No this is not a “white” country. America is a country period. But it is a country of laws defined by our Constitution. And it is a country with borders. And Americans (like all countries) get to decide who can enter our country and under what circumstances they are allowed to do so.

If you want to change any of the above…..modify the Constitution…..it allows for that. But you will need to convince 67% of the states to do so. Good luck with that.

61. What he gets into toward the end of this piece is what seems like it has to happen next, and I’m surprised it hasn’t already happened: the players organizing off the field and putting pressure on owners to contribute to some kind of collective effort outside of games to 1) make the issues they’re concerned about a national conversation, instead of the symbolic protest act, and 2) find ways (organizations) to connect with to start effecting change in individual communities.

This is such a big topic and the NFL itself such a small group that they almost have to start with some tangible public work in NFL cities, to provide some kind of model for community improvement, then go from there.

Connect to nonprofits, work with police forces, have town halls, use the celebrity power they wield to create a neutral context for work that cities, police, and residents haven’t been able to create on their own.

I support the players’ right to protest, but the anthem stuff isn’t creating any good at this point. It got attention, which is the most it could do. Now it’s just reinforcing the same kind of division that we’re needing to break down within communities.

62. @10feethigher says:

================================================================================
    Your use of the word buffoon shows that you clearly are speaking about trump and Rudy.

63. Liberalsruineverything says:
    August 7, 2018 at 11:00 am
    cardinealsfan20 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 10:45 am

———————————

You can spell jingoistic xenophobes but you can’t spell Cardinal? Interesting.

——————
    Well Jingo is a song by Santana. A very good one to. It means dance and the song is written to invoke that. So to be jingoistic must mean one who is into dancing. And an xenophobe is a fearful person so I think he is referring to nervous dancers.

64. I like watching football, although the NFL is trying to ruin that with absolutely ridiculous rules. When I’m home I turn the game on after i know the anthem will be over. When I’m at the stadium I stay in the concourse until the anthem is over. I’m not at the game or watching the game for the anthem. I won’t participate in this ridiculousness and faux outrage from both sides. It’s ridiculous that this is even discussed anymore.

65. kevpft says:
    August 7, 2018 at 11:19 am

——————————-
    One of the things the NFL did offer was a very large amount if money (many millions, does anyone recall the exact amount) to be committed toward furthering these social causes. But the players seemed to ignore that because the fixation seemed to be more about not wanting to be told they couldn’t protest on their work time (getting paid a few million to do as you are asked was being equated to slavery) than any caring about the actual causes.

So maybe everyone should take a deep breath and reconsider that. Im sure the NFL would restate that commitment to make this go away. And if the players were to put together a plan on how this money could best be be applied then bith sides could work together to do some good. And silly me but somehow I thought that was supposed to be the end game back when this all first started.

66. Hopefully the statement is that they are going to do what the fans pay them to do and that is play football.

67. shadywarrior says:
    August 7, 2018 at 11:13 am
    itsalwaysabout says:
    August 7, 2018 at 10:51 am
    shadywarrior says:
    August 7, 2018 at 10:42 am

White people are not the primary stewards of America.

——————————————————————

This white man hired one black man and one white woman for 2 office jobs this year. I also called back 3 black men, 1 woman and 6 white men to tell them the bad news. Your taking individual events and assigning causality. That’s just as wrong as assuming something about blacks in general. Of course there are people of all colors that have prejudice in their hearts. It’s not about who is running things. It’s about people doing the right thing. I agree there are those who are racist, xenophobic, religious fanatics of all denominations. But we are told that whites make up nearly 70% of the country. Are you in favor of a minority rule? Is there another way to run things? Was Robert Mugabe a racist or just a man filled with national pride?

You asked an unfair question but the “stewards” only want a country where they can prosper, to whatever extent their talents can bring them, to work together to create and maintain a society where that is possible and to feel safe from violence. The we look at Chicago and wonder why this is brushed off as irrelevant to the situation and barred from conversation.

White people are not innocent, but the other folks aren’t either. The difference is that it seems some people only want whites to be the stewards and clean the mess they create with the support they are provided by these same white people.

You need to accept that there is a problem and not just blow it off onto the white part of America.

68. As soon as I hear Malcolm Jenkins name mentioned I tune out. He has his own agenda and nothing will make him happy. He told me all I needed to know about him when he gave Super Bowl tickets to a convicted murderer and tried to portray him as a victim.

I’ll pass on listening to or reading his comments.

69. @Liberalsruineverything says – “You can jingoistic xenophobes but you can’t spell Cardinal”.

A person who strings three words together without spaces criticizes someone else’s spelling.

70. Its very simple…

1st -You do NOT have the right to protest while your being paid by your employer.

2nd- You have to be a complete moron to protest during the National Anthem.

3rd- This is all media driven nonsense.. All races are equal… To think otherwise is allowing CNN and the left to manipulate your mind.

71. cardinealsfan20 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 9:10 am
    The Trumpkids are up early this morning
    —————————————–
    We are up early every morning. We have jobs and contribute to society.

72. rutchaser says:
    August 7, 2018 at 7:12 am
    ======================================================
    “Michael Bennett talks about balancing life as a Seahawk and life at home with this family
    Hilary Benson
    BY HILARY BENSON
    PUBLISHED ON: MAY 29, 2015

After one of the most intense comeback wins Seattle Seahawks ball fans have ever witnessed, the 2015 NFC Championship win over Green Bay, there was a moment memorable for its playfulness: 6-foot 4-inch defensive end Michael Bennett hopped on a police bike that was a size too small and rode around CenturyLink Field.

The bike was auctioned off for $10,000, with half going to Seattle Police Department’s efforts against child abuse and exploitation. The other beneficiary, Bennett’s OCEAN Foundation aims to fight Obesity through Community, Education, Activity and Nutrition. Currently, the program is held in three Hawaii locations with plans for expansion in Washington state.”
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Where’s your foundation? What do you do for you culture and community? How do you what his culture is?
    Michael Bennett Sr a 10yr US Navy vet. IT professional
    Pennie Bennett, MEd

You?????

73. “putting pressure on owners to contribute to some kind of collective effort outside of games to 1) make the issues they’re concerned about a national conversation, instead of the symbolic protest act, and 2) find ways (organizations) to connect with to start effecting change in individual communities.”

This is a players issue, they brought it up. Why should the owners be obligated to do anything? It’s not their cause. Yet the owners donated $89M and allowed the players to continue kneeling. How did that help? What have the players done besides continue kneeling, and why don’t the players tell the fans what they’ve done to affect real change?

The owners need to stop enabling this behavior.

74. artliedtocleveland says:
    August 7, 2018 at 8:29 am

As a Buckeye fan who watched Malcolm play in college all I want to say to him is nobody cares about this nonsense anymore. What’s your end game in all of this?
    ——————————————————————————————————–
    Their end game hope is the lessening of the laws. They want drug dealing, woman beating,human trafficking,guns and murder to be legalized so they can prosper. It’s the liberal dream. These guys are protesting that the bigger bully shows up and forces them to stop doing what they’re doing. They like being the bully and intimidating. I say give them all the guns they want, build a wall around their hood and, let them have at it!

75. The National Protests Leagues 1st game of the year took another monster ratings dip from the previous year. Proud Americans have already made their statement.

76. cardinealsfan20 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 11:51 am

—————————————

Umm, do you realize you have no spaces in your misspelled words or are you just messing with me? LOL!!

77. Colin Kaepernick was the first to institute this protest method.

And he’s an idiot. He walked out on a $14.5 million dollar guaranteed contract because he thought he was great and every wanted to hire a giant distraction.

I’m cool with protesting, but if you are going to protest, don’t follow the lead of an idiot. There are many, many things you could do that don’t make it look like you are disrespecting America. Maybe that’s not the intention, but it looks that way and Kaepernick was the dummy who made that decision. And like I said, he’s an idiot.

78. “We are up early every morning. We have jobs and contribute to society”.

So you’re posting comments from your workplace. I’ll bet your employer has a rule against personal internet use during work hours.

79. cardinealsfan20 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 11:51 am

—————————————

——————————————————————————————————

80. cardinealsfan20 says: August 7, 2018 at 9:10 am
    The Trumpkids are up early this morning.

Of course.. Trumpkids have jobs and responsibilities and can’t oversleep in momas basement.

81. genericuser8888 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 1:13 pm

Colin Kaepernick was the first to institute this protest method.

———————–

No he didn’t. He walked away because he already knew he was being cut.

82. cardinealsfan20 says: August 7, 2018 at 9:14 am

Curious if you care about the relationship between street violence and liberal induced timid policing. Don’t see the kneelers solving these cultural problems. And don’t forget about the murders in most inner city sh*th*!es like Detroit, Baltimore, St Louis, New Orleans, Memphis etc..

83. sports604714432 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 6:15 am
    I kneel in my living room. I will not stand. And I’m a veteran.

I served with plenty of people who joined because they couldn’t get a job also, whats your point? I and my family and friends stand for the anthem because we actually care about and love our country. the players have turned this on themselves and are already seeing their cash cow drying up. Wahh, I cant bash my country and still make millions, must be a big conspiracy…

84. Since jingoistic xenophobes turned any respect into violent nationalism. You red-hatted MAGA people running around in packs assaulting Hispinacs really don’t contribute to a country deserving of respect.

think you need to lay off the sauce partner, dont know anyone who runs around assaulting hispanics. where did you read that?facebook? all I see is video of black masked asshats assaulting people just for being in a different political party. Do some actual research and stop believing everything that is posted on FB. and you probably dont realize it but you are being a bigot which is the correct term for someone who hates a person based solely on their political affiliation. just saying you are the pot calling the kettle black….

85. Appreciate the responses, but I think we’re very different on a base fundamental level, so it’s difficult for us to relate. I don’t believe in or acknowledge the concept of countries, period, I’m trying to play in a game I don’t agree with to relate my points about human interaction. NHpats and itsalwaysabout both seem to buy into and appreciate that system, and that’s fine with me, as long as I’m allowed to live wherever I please and not have unnatural impositions made on me. As comfortable as it might make us, I just can’t support human society and law & order as we know it, because it’s just not natural, it’s not what we’re supposed to be doing, I just truly believe that in my soul. I’d be foolish to not take advantage of some of the available comforts, but I’m not going to contribute to perpetuating an unnatural system, as much as I enjoy those comforts.

Itsalwaysabout, I’m happy to hear that you are personally not prejudiced, that was never my accusation. My question was definitely loaded, but it was with a stated purpose, and based upon comments I read here and elsewhere every day, on the Internet, which I know has some trolls, but I also feel is a place many bear their heart of hearts, with no repercussion. I’m realizing how bad it really is in America, people’s opinions are just outrageously ignorant, and prejudice is alive and well, clearly.

NHpats, we’re a little further apart. As I said before, I just don’t believe in any of that. Our natural state is naked, unfiltered, unregulated life and freedom, and I’ll accept nothing short of that, and will battle any ostracization I face due to it to my bloody end.

86. cardinealsfan20 says:
    August 7, 2018 at 9:10 am
    The Trumpkids are up early this morning

Yeah it’s called going to work. Work where you earn money so you can get things you need . I know it’s a crazy idea for self centered babies who expect things given to them.

87. “Talking out of both sides [of their mouth] on behalf of the owners has put players in a place where we don’t trust the league’s intentions, and we don’t trust the intentions of the owners. . . .”

That’s the wonderful thing about the USA. People can have differing opinions. Owners have different views than other owners. Players have different views than other players.
    Why not allow each individual team (Owner) decide on their own.
    If JJ wants to mandate standing, Cowboys stand.
    If Johnson is ok with guys kneeling, some Jets will kneel.
    So on & so forth.
    The players want a convo with the owners… how about allowing them to have individualized convos with just THEIR owner. No League ruling, just Team rulings.

88. Stop parading the players around during the national anthem. Have them stay in the locker room, play the anthem, then announce the teams.
    They come out and play then go back into the locker room when they are done.
    Problem Solved.

89. Thank God!! I was worried that we wouldn’t get a statement from the millionaires that play a game for a living. I get the whole freedom of expression thing and support it but I too am allowed to be offended by people who disrespect the Flag….right?