Green Bay’s roster cuts include DeAngelo Yancey

Getty Images

On the day Aaron Rodgers called out “piss-poor” performance from the team’s young receivers, he specifically exempted DeAngelo Yancey from that criticism. It wasn’t enough to save Yancey’s job.

The 2017 fifth-round pick has been waived by the Packers.

Also gone are guard Kofi Amichia­­, linebacker Vince Biegel, running back Joel Bouagnon, cornerback Donatello Brown, tight end Emanuel Byrd, running back LeShun Daniels, center Austin Davis, center Dillon Day, linebacker Kendall Donnerson, safety Marwin Evans, cornerback Demetri Goodson, cornerback Josh Hawkins, linebacker James Hearns, running back Bronson Hill, linebacker Naashon Hughes, receiver Adonis Jennings, fullback Joe Kerridge, defensive lineman Tyler Lancaster, receiver Kyle Lewis, defensive lineman James Looney, linebacker Greer Martini, linebacker Joey Mbu, linebacker Chris Odom, offensive lineman Adam Pankey, linebacker Marcus Porter, tight end Kevin Rader, fullback Aaron Ripkowski, defensive lineman Conor Sheehy, tight end Ryan Smith, linebacker Ahmad Thomas, and long snapper Zach Triner.

The Packers also placed running back Devante Mays, tackle Kyle Murphy, and cornerback Quinten Rollins on injured reserve. Running back Aaron Jones was sent to the reserve/suspended list.

23 responses to “Green Bay’s roster cuts include DeAngelo Yancey

1. When Aaron made that comment, I thought at first he was talking about the color of our Packers’ uniforms. But then I knew better. It’s our lack of talent.

2. Thomas is a mild surprise; thought he’d stick. Gutekunst not hesitating to cut Thompson guys, which I guess is understandable. I’m sure there will still be some shifting around in upcoming days. Can’t believe they’ll keep 8 WRs.

3. Your headline is DeAngelo Yancey when Kumerow made the team and Biegel, Aaron Ripkowski, and Ahmad Thomas got cut?

Packers kept 8 WR’s which I love!

Also kept 4 TE’s. This offense is stacked!

I am hoping Biegel and Thomas clear waivers and one or both is brought back. Gute obviously feels very good about Burks and Morrison letting Thomas go.

Overall I agree with Gutes cuts. I do not think he is totally done making moves yet though. As recent as 1 hr ago there are trades still possible.

Stay tuned.

#GoPackGo!

4. Who would have thought that free would be happy with the Packers’ roster construction? I did not see that coming.

I’m not sure keeping 8 WRs and 4 TEs means your offense is stacked. I do know that it means your depth is lacking somewhere else.

I’ll miss Aaron Ripkowski. Great fullback name.

5. Seems the Packers are doing everything they can to piss Rodgers off these days by cutting his receivers. Or perhaps, it is just their way of “Showing him who is the BOSS”!

6. That defensive line is the best in the division. And they get to play a high school offensive line twice vs the Vikings. They could end up with silly numbers from those two games alone.

7. Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:
    September 1, 2018 at 5:52 pm

+++++

Well expect Kumerow to go on IR (return) tomorrow and his spot will go to a RB while Jones is on suspension for 2 weeks.

Kendricks will be seeing snaps as an H-back. So it’s more like 7 WR and 3 TE, and I wouldn’t expect the 7 wr to last past waiver claims.

8. vikingsvoice says:
    September 1, 2018 at 5:25 pm

The Vince Beigel cut hurts considering he was the piece the Packers got to move out of the 1st round and draft CB Kevin King passing on TJ Watt.

+++++

What do you think? Did this guy forget to switch to his fake Packer alias?

9. Better hope Rodgers stays healthy because the Packers once again don’t have a reliable backup. Unless they think the guy from the 0-16 Browns team that almost beat them last year is the answer to replace the guy that just barely beat the winless Browns last year in overtime.

10. minneanderthals says:
    September 1, 2018 at 6:10 pm
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    I accessed your camera when you hit enter, I saw your little hands clasped in PRAYER!
    Against this High School Line that whipped your ass 3 of the last 4 times. And nearly every sports writer in the USA and even a few from Wisconsin voted Minnesota’s D line the best in the NFCN….. HAHAHA…It will be a pleasure whooping your butt again!

11. Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:
    September 1, 2018 at 5:52

____________

Yes they are missing depth at full back…. they dont have one, but they clearly plan on using some of the TEs as an H-back. Similar to what Cooley did in wash, if you need an example. Maybe a true FB is not something Gute nelieves in or this coaching staff feel is needed.

12. Who would have thought Vikings trolls would run in every Packers thread and be keeping a close eye on and obsessing on the team they fear with all of their hearts. Didn’t see that coming.

I suspect Rob Bryz also claims the Gophers roster is amazing🤣

So many enjoyable laughs when little envious trolls obsess and nip at our ankles on the net.

#GoPackGo!

#OnWisconsin!

13. jbvikes says:
    September 2, 2018 at 1:29 pm
    The Vikes got rid of a few guys that would be an upgrade to your current roster. Just sayin’

If Robison would fit the system I would love to have him. He’s a cool dude.

14. Vince Biegel signed by the Saints

Ahmad Thomas signed by the Colts

Brought back for Packers 10 man practice squad so far:

OLB Kendall Donnerson

DL James Looney

ILB Greer Martini- Love it!

OL Adam Pankey

C Austin Davis

DL Tyler Lancaster

15. packertruth says:
    September 1, 2018 at 7:21 pm

vikingsvoice says:
    September 1, 2018 at 5:25 pm

+++++

What do you think? Did this guy forget to switch to his fake Packer alias?
    __________

Why? Is that what you do?