Aaron Rodgers: “I’m playing next week”

AP

The 100th season of the Green Bay Packers started with a one-in-a-million night for the team. After the stunning comeback, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers told NBC’s Michele Tafoya, “I’m playing next week.”

Rodgers, teary-eyed as he talked about the comeback for the ages, explained that, yes, he has a knee injury but, no, he didn’t let it stop him from returning to the game on Sunday night. And even though Rodgers played, he hobbled — much like he did when a calf injury slowed him down late in the 2014 season.

Like then, Rodgers seemed to become an even more accurate passer, focused and intent on delivering the ball efficiently and accurately because he can’t use his legs to buy time or gain yards.

Assuming he plays next week, he’ll be facing a Vikings defense every bit as potent as the one he confronted tonight, if not more. And it was Minnesota’s defense that delivered the hit to Rodgers that essentially ended his 2017 season in October. So he surely will be determined to play, and to play well.

166 responses to “Aaron Rodgers: “I’m playing next week”

1. Happy to hear it regardless of whether my team wins or loses. That December game was painfully boring without him.

2. Gotta admit, as a Lions fan, I’ve seen this guy to amazing things. The mere thought of a comeback reeked of an impossible fantasy. His defense really stepped up to, so don’t forget that. One Helluva QB

3. Wow, what a treat to watch Rodgers work. Bears are for real. When Rodgers knew he was getting the ball back with 2:39 on the clock and a touchdown to win, they showed him grinning on the sideline. Bum knee, no fear. Crazy good.

4. Rodgers gave the pathetic and gutless Bears too much credit when he said he had to get back in there because it was a Bears-Packers rivalry game -this hasnt been a rivalry in 25 years and certainly not during Rodgers’s tenure as QB. He beat them in the NFCCG, he beat them i Week 17 on 4th and 8 to win the NFC North in his first game back after missing 2 months due to injury, he beat them tonight…he has basically beaten the Bears every single time in games that matter. The Bears are losers.
    -Bears fan

5. Impressive performance by 12. He is going to be amped to play the Vikes next Sunday. Hope he is a 100% so we can see what team has the edge in the division. The Vikings as a whole unit are the better team, but Rodgers is truly a 1 man army with his talent. If he’s healthy, it’s a great match up.

6. I really wish people could appreciate greatness.

It won’t be here forever.

From Rodgers to Brady to Belichick…just enjoy it. And be happy that, one day, you can tell your kids and grandkids that you saw them play live.

Like our parents and grandparents saw Unitas, Lombardi, Halas, etc.

7. Rodgers is without a doubt the best QB playing right now. GOAT. Unlike the PEDtriots QB, Rodgers just wins. Doesn’t cry for a flag every time someone breathes on him. He doesn’t cheat by deflating footballs and then destroying evidence.

8. Oh yeah, and you gotta love all those Bears players like Amukamara who as soon as the game ended are all buddy buddy with Aaron and having a laugh about the game that they just blew -good god, man. Get angry, will ya? Thats how you know a guy doesnt have the fire of a champion burning in his gut, I played with far too many teammates like that back in my day, and when I finally got the chance to play on teams that had guys who truly desired to be champions, it was an awesome thing to be a part of.

9. magnumpimustache says:
    September 9, 2018 at 11:58 pm
    Drama Queen

———

Yeah, he willingly left the game when he wasn’t hurt, let his backup fart away 10 points, then came back and purposefully hampered his game by hobbling around. All to seem more cool. Makes sense.

10. stellarperformance says:

This Packer team sucks. No o-line, no pass rush, no DB’s, no receivers, no running backs, and now…….no quarterback.
    #####

This is a true quote from Stella.

A “true” fairweather fan if there ever was one.

I don’t know how he can post here after maligning almost the entire team after 30 minutes of football.

I will no longer refer to this poster as “Stella”

From now on, it’s quitter.

11. Who cares if he’s playing or not. These games are fixed to begin with.
    Chicago should loosing of been flagged for being too obvious in loosing.

NFL owners are members of the Illuminati. Games are just aa distraction for the sheep we are

12. I have nothing but respect for what Aaron Rodgers did tonight. Amazing performance, maybe the most amazing thing he’s done in an amazing career. And yet, did any of us doubt that they were going to win when they got the ball back after the field goal? With Rodgers, they’re never out of a game.

How different would the story be if Fuller doesn’t drop the interception that was right in his hands? But that’s not the way things work.

Should be a great game next week.

13. Congrats on the win GB… your team is truly a one man show. He’s a great QB. Unfortunately for y’all it takes more than that to be a great team. I’m sure the knowledgeable Packer fans know this.
    I’d say good luck next week.. but I wouldn’t be sincere. In a way I’m glad you won. A battle for 1st is good.
    Bring it.

14. I was at the game, went from extreme lows to amazing highs. It was a great game to be a part of. The Bears could be really good and Mac is just a BEAST. My hat off to the Bears as they showed more than I was anticipating. The Packers while exciting in the 4th quarter showed they have much work yet. A. Rodgers is phenominal.

15. Johngaltwho, I get that you’re excited you saw your QB pull something off that was masterful to say the least but don’t try to make it more than it is by saying/thinking the bears are anything to write home about. They’re not. Teams that are “for real” do not blow 20 point leads in the 2nd half. The bears have a nixe, young team but they’re a year away from a playoff contender in a stacked NFC.

Secondly, what on earth is the best and most important player in the league doing on the field with a knee injury? It’s the first game of the year and irresponsible to allow him to re enter & potentially make it worse.

16. Johngaltwho, I get that you’re excited you saw your QB pull something off that was masterful to say the least but don’t try to make it more than it is by saying/thinking the bears are anything to write home about. They’re not. Teams that are “for real” do not blow 20 point leads in the 2nd half. The bears have a nixe, young team but they’re a year away from a playoff contender in a stacked NFC.

17. On a side note… it appears McCarthy is getting fatter. Not a good look. Maybe it was what he was wearing… I don’t know.

18. N E KOCH says:
    September 9, 2018 at 11:59 pm
    The refs gave the Vikings their win today
    Massive Minn O line holding and no calls

—–

Sorry but your Jimmy G failed to live up to the hype.

19. I’m gonna be happily surprised if a hobbled Rodgers pulls off a win against the Vikings next week. Wouldn’t bet on it, but then again, wouldn’t have bet on him bringing the Pack back from 20-0 at halftime on one leg either. What to realistically hope for is just that Rodgers can heal from this injury whilst not getting hurt any worse, in time for them to have a shot at making the playoffs. I really don’t think they beat out the Vikings for the division, but hopefully they get a wildcard, and if they get hot in the playoffs, then anything can happen.

20. I’ve been hating on Aaron Rodgers all off-season but holy moly did he show up tonight.

Best QB in the league right now if he can let his ego go like he did tonight.

21. I’m glad he is going to play against the Vikings

That way the Vikings get to gently usher him into retirement again babaha

22. It was amazing to watch, if your REALLY a fan of a football you can respect some of the awesome things he does out on the field, even if you don’t like him.

If not, your probably one of the people pouting about “holding, or drama.”

Get over it, I promise you would need a moment, to make sure your leg felt ok enough to play on, after having a few 280 lb players twist and contort your body as you go down. Even if you did manage feeling better, I promise you aren’t leading your team back from a 17-0 deficit.

23. Load me on the cart and take me to the locker room.

But Aaron, your knee checks out, it’s structurally sound. I’m not sure this is necessary.

LOAD. ME. ON. THE. CART.!!

Alright guys. You heard him, get the cart ready.

Ever wonder what happens in the medical tents?

24. tinye67 says:
    September 9, 2018 at 11:55 pm
    Can’t wait to watch all the blatant holding the Packers line is allowed to do every season.

81 134 Rate This
    ———————/——-/

Guess you missed the game last night, wherethe packers were called for numerous holds…..

25. To NE Koch, the Vikings had 7 penalties and 52 yards and the 49ers had 3 penalties and 21 yards. It might be a good idea to get your facts straight before you comment.

Great comeback for the Packers. Poor play calling by the Bears with the game on the line, poor execution and how bad do you have to be to drop that game ending interception that Fuller had.

The Vikings will be ready next week Packers. Our conservative coaching will keep you in it.

26. If you think the Vikings held a lot. Wait until you see what the Packers o-line gets away with this week. Nothing worse in the NFL then refs giving kick glove treatment to certain players.

27. The vikings fan on here hoping he gets hurt. Then happy when he did get hurt, and now hoping they hurt him next week.

This is why you have the Karmayou do….

28. Love all these Packer fans talking crap about the Vikings even though we didn’t play them. Let’s be honest. The Packers are a pathetic team without Rodgers and honestly not that much better with him. They had to go down to the wire at home just to beat the lowly Bears. Just pathetic.

29. At least next Sunday, the Vikes won’t take their foot off the pedal of QB pressure in the second half like Chicago did. Khalil Mack & Roquan Smith were gassed from not playing for awhile & their defense lost steam. The Vikings D will neither be gassed nor lose steam. So we’ll see, I guess, whether ARodgers can hold on against an elite defense.

30. “The refs gave the Vikings their win today
    Massive Minn O line holding and no calls”

Talk about obsessed. A thread about a terrific comeback by the Packers QB, even while injured, and just HAS to post something negative about the Vikings. I suggest counseling.

31. I think we will hear MCL sprain or less later today. Aaron will have limited movement and pain like last night, but will be able to play with a MCL sprain.

#100Seasons

#TitleTown

#TruthAndRealityTour2018

#GoPackGo!

32. Im gonna give Rodgers cred for last night for sure. That was gutsy. And I hope he plays next week but I’m less sure than he is. It was clear to me that he was not ok in the second half. (Which is why I give so much respect to him for getting out there and delivering)

Those calling him a drama queen, gutting out an injury to lead a big comeback is drama for sure. But it takes a committed hater to start in with the ‘queen’ reference. There is a big difference between rising to a tough occasion overcoming adversity and being a drama queen. If you love the game of football itself then you respect and enjoy what you saw regardless of whether you like Rodgers.

33. I can’t wait for this game Sunday. All the respect for Rodgers. That was a ballsy comeback. The Vikings defense is not the one I would want to see if I had one good leg though.

34. Oh my God, peeps, this was no OchoUno/T.O./Eagles playing against TB12/Belicheat in the Super Bowl.

If anything, Mister Rodgers probably just “tweaked” something, but not seriously enough to keep him out of the game.
    Were it a more serious injury, do you think he would return just to win a Bears-Packers rivalry game, at the expense and risk of being out the rest of the season?

Drama Queen is right lol

35. Good for him, I hope he gets better quickly. That being said, this is exactly why you do not spend 1/5 of your cap money on one player…..

36. Great game. Rodgers was ugly good and the Bears impressed. Tale of two halves. Whether by design or necessity going up tempo really minimized the Bears pass rush. That was a fun game to watch even for someone like me who doesn’t care for either team.

37. johngaltwho says:
    September 9, 2018 at 11:58 pm
    Wow, what a treat to watch Rodgers work. Bears are for real.

====================

Bears are for real? The offense scored 16 points against a lousy GB defense void of playmakers, that can’t rush the passer, and has two rookies in secondary. Bears have a nice defense, thanks to having surplus cash having a QB on a rookie contract. But let’s hold off on the ‘for real’ just yet.

38. 12 is the MAN. Too bad TT didn’t give him more on Defense to keep up with Minnesota, as that will be the real test next Sunday. KMack 52 is the best defensive player in the League. Wow!

39. Seriously. LOL at all of the viking fans that post on this site thinking that Rodgers will be afraid to play their vaunted defense next week! Isn’t that the same defense that flat-out QUIT in the NFCCG just a few months ago? And then someone said the vikings have “a whole defense full of Khalil Macks? LOL!!!! And they’re already getting their excuses ready for when they lose by saying that the Packers never get called for holding. Gotta love these viking fans!

40. Rodgers just gave an heroic performance, the kind of exhibition that real sports fans love, and all the Viking trolls can come back with is Erin this, and digs at Wisconsin or inane hackneyed cheese puns. Get a life. Go Pack Go.

41. gtodriver says:
    September 10, 2018 at 12:34 am
    stellarperformance says:

#####

This is a true quote from Stella.
    ///////////////////////////////////////

No, it’s not. It’s deception by omission. You are are splitting-hairs and twisting the truth for your own benefit, again. My “true quote” included a facetious “The punter is good though!”

I keep forgetting Viking trolls are completely devoid of a sense of humor. It must be tough to be you.

42. It’s sad the guy has to hobble on the field because the team threw so much money at him that they can’t afford a competent backup. Next season Tyrod Taylor should be available and the Packers need to snag him. Why anyone thought Deshone Kizer year one was a fluke so we should bring him in as our backup is beyond me. I’m not sure who’s worse, him or Peterman in Buffalo.

43. That was a great game. It was frustrating to watch the Bears collapse in the second half, but it was clear once they ran out of scripted plays their offense sputtered. Mack was amazing the first half, but also demonstrated the holdout didn’t do him any favors physically (stamina). Once he gets into mid-season shape, he will be even scarier.

Stop calling Rodgers a drama queen. They just invested 146 million into him, it probably wasn’t his choice to be carted off the field. Any team would do that with their QB. To be honest, I was surprised they took the risk putting him back in. I get it is a divisional game (and they got the W so it obvious paid off), but its only week 1 and he was still limping around out there and could have risked further injury. They knew they dodged the bullet, but were still playing with fire. Really must not have been that bad.

I am looking forward to the game next week against the Vikes! And fellow Vikes fans, Barr isn’t going to hurt him next week.

44. The Bears D was really good in the first half then steamed out in the second. Vikings won’t steam out. Anxious to how Rodgers handles a 4 quarter elite defense. We’ll have to see, huh?

45. The new backup quarterback stinks as badly as the old one. Yet they would not give Kap a call. It is as inexplicable as the benching of Malcolm the Butler by New England in the Super Bowl loss to the Cheese Steak.

46. Border battle really early this year. So A A Ron says he is playing this week, he could most def. I think he got a shot last night to numb it, but you could tell he wasn’t stepping into his throws and he even admitted himself that is was stiffening up during the 4th quarter. There was something about his demeanor when he was talking to Tafoya after the game. I’m sure he will have test done today. LT and Deion were talking on the NFL network and saying it could be possible and they didn’t want to speculate that it could be an MCL sprain. When you feel something in your knee, that’s not good. I want a healthy Aaron so the Vikes can put an end to all the talk of last year.

So do you even play Rodgers next week if he is hurt, is one game worth a season? Rodgers breaks the pocket well and keeps plays alive. However, the Vikes secondary is better than the Bears by far and out front four is just as good as Mack. If Rodgers isn’t mobile Packers run the risk of him getting severely injured. Should be an interesting week

47. It’s amazing how small-brained Rodgers haters post childish things about him. The guy goes out and plays as hard as he can on every play and plays as well as anyone who has ever played, but these pee-brains are so annoyed by that that they have to criticize everything about him. If he were on the Vikings instead of the Packers, we all know what those same people would be saying.
    That’s why I have way more respect for the Bears and their fans than I do the Vikings and their fans. The Bears are an up and coming team and they played one heckuva game in that first half last night. Yes, they ended up losing the game. But they lost it because #12 on the Packers is one of those magical players who can do what very few QB’s have ever been able to do. The Bears and their fans have nothing to be ashamed about.
    So — Bears fans — keep your chins up. You are going to be a force in this division this year and when you play the Vikings, all Packers fans will be rooting for you!!

48. Did he hurt his MCL? I hate the Packers but Aaron Rodgers is one of the best players ever in professional football. He is their entire team. With him SB contenders. Without him they stink on ice.

49. belichickdominatedjoemontana says:
    September 9, 2018 at 11:54 pm
    A ton of respect tonight for him getting back out there and getting the win.

——————-

And covering the over.

50. OK I’m an eagles fan and I love Aaron Rodgers. But let’s be honest, the Bears defense is average at best, took Mack off the filed for large chunks of plays because he was tired, and the Bears secondary has to have a rush to perform.

The Vikings do not have a great defense, but a good one. They will NOT rush Rodgers, and will play an underneath zone which will cancel out those quick short passes. I don’t see the Pack being in this game at halftime. And if you really want to protect Rodgers, go get a real running back. Smoke and mirrors is for college.

51. dodgerlakerfan1969 says:

September 9, 2018 at 11:51 pm

Lol. The NFL is either rigged or Rodgers is the biggest drama queen in football. And I thought Big Ben was bad.
    ———————————–
    At least it wasn’t Paul Pierce bad or Isaiah Thomas limping only after making a shot. lol

52. This is why you pay QB $ to QBs not LBs or DEs. They have control of the ball, literally in their hands. Great coaches can game plan against great defensive players. It is really tough to game plan great QBs. Mack disappeared in the 2nd half when he was needed the most. Happy for Rodgers to prove his worth.

Disclosure. I love Mack wish my Raiders never traded him, but I understand the financial end of it. Bears are playing with a rookie pay scale QB. No team currently paying more than player north of 20 mil.

Bears to win a SB within the next 3 yrs to make this trade worth it. That D looked sick in the first half especially after Rodgers left, but still.

53. Even Packer fans are a little sicken by all this hype. Yes, its great to win but let’s keep this in context, the Bears drafted in the 8th spot for a reason, they aren’t a very good team.

The Viking fans calling for his injury is hardly surprising, its a level of classlessness that seems to know no limits. But games are played on the field, not is a war of words between Internet trolls. Looking forward to Sunday.

54. freefromwhatyouare says:
    September 10, 2018 at 7:47 am

#100Seasons

#TitleTown

#TruthAndRealityTour2018

#GoPackGo!
    ——————————-
    Or a ligament tear. Remember when Phillip Rivers played w a torn ACL for several games? I thought it was a ligament tear because if you look at the replay, Rodgers fell then was tackled. I think something happened in that knee to make him fall then the human crash on that leg happened. Just a guess.

55. schmokes says:
    September 10, 2018 at 5:34 am

tinye67 says:
    September 9, 2018 at 11:55 pm

81 134 Rate This
    ———————/——-/

___________

The problem being you can see them holding on practically every pass play. Once Aaron got hurt and returned- the refs become blind to it- which is to be expected- protect the golden child.

He better have his head on a swivel next week.

56. vikesfansteve says:
    September 10, 2018 at 10:30 am
    ///////////////////////////////

This is a common refrain but simply not true. The Packers have a good team, but need a decent quarterback to run it. Kizer appears to be Hundley II. McCarthy is NOT a QB guru. This team could win with any of the Pro-Bowl caliber QB’s the Vikings gave up on and exchanged for a guarantee, they are just blessed to have Rodgers. He’s the most important player on the team, but not the only player. He makes everyone around him better, which is what you want from a prolific leader.

57. As much as I dislike the Packers, kudos to Rodgers for that gutsy comeback! And as much as it silenced the Bears fans for now, they have to be feeling good about their future.

The North is tough, but don’t sleep on The Lions!!

ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #ONEPRIDE

58. tinye67 says:
    September 9, 2018 at 11:55 pm

\\\\

blah blah blah.

Building in the excuses already?

59. mnvikes1961 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 10:50 am
    schmokes says:
    September 10, 2018 at 5:34 am

tinye67 says:
    September 9, 2018 at 11:55 pm

81 134 Rate This
    ———————/——-/

___________

He better have his head on a swivel next week.

—–

More of the same short sighted, only my team gets the shaft, rhetoric that make the barneys so special.

Every team could have a holding penalty called on every play. Same with PI.

Get over it and let them play!!!!

60. Bluestree says:
    September 10, 2018 at 12:25 am
    Lotta wet beds tonight in Minny.

—————————–
    Possibly but it was from throwing up watching the tackling on display in this game, both D’s with way to many misses. We prefer to watch D’s that hit and tackle here in Minny

61. 33vikes says:
    September 10, 2018 at 12:03 am
    And to think people complain about anthony barr when matthews launches at Trubisky from 5 yards away. Come on.

==================================================================================

Come on man, Barr laid on Rodgers like Sasquatch in the woods at night.

62. Oh, also, the place was packed again last night………right until the final gun. You can’t twist that truth either. You’re a dip.

That packed stadium that you are are puffing your chest out for was booing the Packers as the left the field after the first half. On national TV.

63. I’ll give props to Rodgers for actually being able to complete the comeback with some amazing throws……but no one can convince me that Rodgers didn’t milk that injury moment so that he could come back out in dramatic fashion on national TV and in front of his new girlfriend. He wasn’t that hurt. That was very orchestrated.

64. “Did he hurt his MCL?”

==========

ACL and MCL are two very different things. If he sprained his MCL as I said I suspect he did, that is not a serious injury. A lot of pain and limited movement(like he had last night) for 2-4 weeks.

A ACL tear is very serious and would end his season.

Let’s hope it isn’t even a MCL, but if it is a MCL sprain he will be able to play this week.

#100Seasons

#TitleTown

#GoPackGo!

65. One of three things will happen next Sunday.
    1) Rodgers injury ends up being worse than expected and hes held out
    2) Rodgers plays but is a bit gimpy and the Vikings take advantage and dominate
    3) Rodgers plays hurt but somehow even with only one good leg, beats Vikings

Of those scenarios, I’m thinking the first two are most likely.

66. Does anyone else still believe that Packer’s roster is not a pile if garbage when Rodgers is out?
    =====

I think the D may actually be able to come together by seasons-end. Lots of promising young talent.

McCarthy is the problem. Not a good coach. Always on the wrong side of the Xs and Os.

67. Honestly… just so much jealousy.

I know if Cousins had done what Rodgers had done I’d be here congratulating him and Vikings fans on such an amazing sports moment.

The man threw a 52 yard (in the air) perfect strike on one leg after saying to his team “Do your job, and I’ll take care of the rest.”

Sweet Jesus.

68. Those tears were opiate pain killer based glossy eyes. He was high as a kite after that game. My favorite part of rogers night was him always sitting alone on the bench. What god gave rogers in talent he subtracted from his personality. Has gb already settled on the parade route with all that celebrating last night?

69. seals1 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 12:21 pm

——-

It’s funny that you’d write something like this when literally no one cares if you live or die.

70. freefromwhatyouare says:
    September 10, 2018 at 11:51 am
    “Did he hurt his MCL?”

==========

A ACL tear is very serious and would end his season.

#100Seasons

#TitleTown

#GoPackGo!

///////

Hold on a second there now, sprained MCL is a tad serious. It takes about 5-6 weeks you have to ice, rest and elevate the knee. It also depends upon the grade it is 1,2 or 3. From reports it is a mild sprain which will limit his mobility.This is from the San Diego Union-Tribune, take it wit a grain of salt though. Google it.

71. nflfollower says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:21 am
    Load me on the cart and take me to the locker room.
    LOAD. ME. ON. THE. CART.!!
    Alright guys. You heard him, get the cart ready.
    Ever wonder what happens in the medical tents?
    —————–
    LMFAO!!!!! I stopped reading after that one. Best one I’ve read in a long time!

Bravo!

72. Rodgers just proved how stupid it was for the Bears to spend all of that money and draft picks on an edge rusher. Let Mack go wild for a half and then he disappears in the 2nd half when needed the most.

Way to go Chicago!

73. I wish all NFL games were as entertaining to watch as this one. I have all the respect in the world for Aaron Rodgers coming back on one leg to lead the Packers all the way back. You have to appreciate his greatness. It’s why I like to watch ALL teams. The Bears sat on those 20 points and thought they were coming away with a win. Not with Aaron Rodgers,and not in Green Bay…

74. freefromwhatyouare says:
    September 10, 2018 at 7:47 am
    ———————
    WHEW!! That’s good news. Did you inform the GB doctors of that diagnosis?

75. The new “can’t put your weight on a QB” rule was put in place for Mr. Rogers. I have no doubt the league will ensure the refs keep Rogers from being touched or a flag will drop in next weeks game. My guess is 5, that is the number of times the Vikings will stop the Packers on 3rd down only to see a flag give them a 1st down. I hope not, but that is the state of the NFL these days.

It was another impressive display by the best player in the NFL. Hats of to Mr. Rogers, he IS something special. I’m glad, as a Vikings fan, he is playing, it wouldn’t be as fun without him.

76. Since he’s hurt again the new rule next year will be that you won’t be able to sack him below or above the waste! We seem to get a new Erin Rodgers rule every year.

77. I hope Rodgers sent Kyle Fuller a “Thank you” card. Did Aaron call his mother after the game?

“I’m playing next week.” Good, the Vikings will be glad to see him. Will Aaron start crying if Anthony Barr gets within five yards of him?

78. Rodgers threw an interception at the end of the game and the dB drops it. Smh. Dbs with butterfingers always choking in the clutch. Can’t catch a ball to save their life. Worthless players.

79. The Quitter says:

Oh, also, the place was packed again last night………right until the final gun.
    ###

It couldn’t have been.

The TV broadcast showed people exiting Lambert Field at halftime. Millions of people besides me saw it live.

But you want me to take the word of a quitter instead… SMH 🤔

80. aarons444 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 12:08 pm
    =====

—–

Where I will disagree with you is that once he came back hurt, He stayed in the pocket, went through progressions and got the ball the to the open receiver. For all of Rodger’s greatness, I can’t stand when he looks off of an open receiver 10 yards down the field looking for the home run. He does this a lot, and was doing it a lot in the first half before he got hurt. All the running around extending plays is good, but sometimes he does have to run the scheme within the parameters.

Between Rodgers and mccarthy, they stopped running “4jet all go” and focused on a short passing game to get rid of the ball. It completely took the bears secondary off their game and opened up the deep ball after. Imagine that?

Might be time to blame both of them for this home run offense that has gotten pretty anemic the last few years. Perhaps the knee tenderness will refocus both of them.

81. gtodriver says:
    September 10, 2018 at 1:11 pm
    The Quitter says:

Oh, also, the place was packed again last night………right until the final gun.
    ###

It couldn’t have been.

But you want me to take the word of a quitter instead… SMH 🤔

——

Or maybe they were walking out into the concourse for food and bathroom break? At halftime?

Your tunnel vision is second to none.

82. @mrdarkness

Not sure why you are arguing for a worse case scenerio than what I stated? Do you want it to be worse and are mad I am saying I don’t think it will hold him out next week? Man, this player puts the fear of god in you Vikings fans. That is clear.

No one knows the final word on the injury yet. They did tests last night and Doctor McKenzie did not believe it was/is a ACL tear. The MRI today will show more.

I was speculating it was a MCL at worst because Doc McKenzie would not have let him play if he had any thoughts that it could possibly be a ACL tear. No one will know 100% until tests comes back.

There is not one set timespan for a MCL sprain if that is what it turns out to be. You say 5-6 weeks. I say 2-4 weeks, but the point is that he could play with a MCL sprain but could not with a ACL tear. Maybe it isn’t either one and just is a minor general knee strain. We will know soon.

Hopeful for good news today. You won’t admit it, but it is quite obvious you are hoping for the worst. Good luck with that Vikings fan👌

#100Seasons

#TitleTown

#GettingOurGrapeCrushReady

#GoPackGo!

83. whatjusthapped says:
    September 10, 2018 at 10:43 am

—–

Totally agree. This packers team has already shown Jekyll and Hyde in one game. I think the defense improved as the game went on and hope it was because players were acclimating to the system at game speed. But for the love of God, can someone please put Mathews on the bench and leave him there. Absolutely pathetic when his one shining moment is to put a easily called late hit on the QB on 4th down. I saw him deliver it live and knew the flag was coming. Pettine needs to put a leash on him, or get rid of him, he’s late to every play as it is.

I wouldn’t bet a penny on this Viking/Packer game. I don’t have confidence that either team is walking away with it. Not sure based on the competition how good either team is. I mean Cousins barely completed 50% of his passes, and Rodgers is hurt.

Flip a coin this weekend….

84. cheeseisfattening says:
    September 10, 2018 at 11:42 am

//////////////////////////////////////////

85. cheeseisfattening says:
    September 10, 2018 at 9:25 am
    When is says he is playing I believe him since he runs that team.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Well, that’s what elite QBs do.

86. freefromwhatyouare says:
    September 10, 2018 at 1:28 pm
    @mrdarkness

#100Seasons

#TitleTown

#GettingOurGrapeCrushReady

#GoPackGo!

///////

Dude chill out, did you even read what I said. What the San Diego paper wrote, I said take it with a grain of salt. I never said “worst case scenario”. Educate yourself, a grade 3 can take up to 5-6 weeks and mild one, is what the San Diego Union-Tribune is reporting can take up to 1-2 weeks with mobility limited.

I’m not wishing for an injury at all you’re assuming,. Minnesota has beaten the Packers with a healthy Rodgers so why would I want the Vikes to go against an injured Rodgers? Where did I say I wanted Rodgers injured? You Packer fans get all in a lather because you think all Vikings fans are the same, well I’m not. Then you wonder why the Packer fan base isn’t well received. Even a sprain will limit his mobility which is his best asset in getting out of the pocket. If he is dropping straight back all day that could be problematic with the Vikings pass rush especially with Danielle Hunter who as of right now is just a step below Mack and only 3 years in the league as compared to 4 with Mack.

I know you are scared that Rodgers will miss some games and your back up is not very good, but sometimes you have to be realistic about things. This MCL sprain and if it indeed is,. this is an all year injury. Unless Rodgers takes 1-2 weeks off to fully heal. It may not even be healed by then.

87. 33vikes says:
    September 10, 2018 at 12:03 am
    ——————————-
    The name I called Matthews after seeing the replay can’t be repeated here. I have to agree with Queens fans for once and admit he’s overrated and probably over the hill. I’m not sure Matthews intended the hit to be late. I don’t agree that he’s dirty. Like so many other pass rushers he got so amped up when he finally got close to Trubisky he couldn’t help himself. He’s gotta use his head which Matthews has often demonstrated that he can’t. For that alone the Packers should cut him loose.

88. 33vikes says:
    September 10, 2018 at 12:03 am

———

Most Packers fans I know are over Matthews. He’s washed up AND he pulls stupid penalties like this. He was always a somewhat dirty player (he wouldn’t go for knees, but he would play until after the whistle) but his play used to make up for it. Not anymore.

89. “This MCL sprain and if it indeed is, this is a all year injury”

============

Thanks for your opinion Vikings fan, but I will take the opinion of a actual MD(Patrick McKenzie) that treats Aaron over yours.

#100Seasons

#TitleTown

#VikingsFansAreGreatForLaughs

#GoPackGo!

90. freefromwhatyouare says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:45 pm
    “This MCL sprain and if it indeed is, this is a all year injury”

============

#100Seasons

#TitleTown

#VikingsFansAreGreatForLaughs

#GoPackGo!

///////

From your coach “Mike McCarthy: No decision made on Aaron Rodgers’ availability” as per PFT. Face the facts dude you don’t need to be an MD to know an injury can last all year and now that I put you in your place I suppose the next question will be “How many Rings Does Your Team Have”.

He may not be ready to go and I’m very sure the team Doctor will advise appropriately. Sprain an ankle if you haven’t, its a wonder these guys can play the next week, it sticks with you all year long. How many times during the course of a season to you hear commentators saying “He re-aggravated his ankle injury”. Dr. MacKenzie would probably tell you the samething. smdh

91. I think Aaron was just showing off in front of his new girlfriends parents.
    They were Bear fans before the game.

Do you think her parents get beard money or was price of admission enough?

92. Yup. I was one of them. The owner of our company lets us know when he is dissatisfied too. That’s what owners do.
    —–
    When cheese eaters jump off their bandwagon they refer to that as being a dissatisfied owner. Oh lord what a dopey fan base.

93. cheeseisfattening says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:15 pm
    /////////////////////////

All I know is…….if it bothers and annoys you, it’s a good thing.

94. Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    September 10, 2018 at 12:03 am
    This is why we work so hard as owners to help make the right personnel moves. Days like this when it pays off it makes all the hard work worth it.

LOL

95. freefromwhatyouare says:

###

This would be the same Dr. McKenzie that gave Rodgers full medical clearance to play against the Packers last year? The same one that shut Rodgers down after the Panthers game?

I thought so…

96. Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    September 10, 2018 at 12:03 am

——————-

The biggest Vikings troll of them all. Hope your job at iHeartMedia is going well Mr. Swedberg, although I’d be worried about the financial state of your company instead of spoofing a satirical Packers fan if I were you…

97. Vikings fans, we are gonna lose either way and I tell you how.

1st scenario is Rodgers connecting on broken plays and lobbing the ball and his WRs catching it or our DB’s being called for PI because well its Arron Rodgers and they want him in the headlines. Makes for a great underdog story and Americans love the underdog story just look at how well the movie Rocky did. Packers fans will say Rodgers is the greatest ever, he’s unstoppable.

2nd scenario is the Vikes D totally dominating the Packers because Rodgers can’t step into his throws and wont be able to hit his WRs. If all Rodgers can do is drop straight back on 2-3 step drops, fire slants all day and play outta the shotgun or pistol, could be a long and disappointing day for Packers fans because of the Vikes pass rush. packers fans will say, well he was hurt and whadda expect apologies.

3rd and best scenario, which is the one I want, Rodgers comes out healthy and plays a competitive game. Vikes can assert their dominance and beat a healthy Rodgers as they have done before. Packers fans will lose their minds because all the talk about how they would have won the division last year can be put to rest. But Packers fans will say, Vikes got lucky Cousins isn’t that good, blah freakin blah.

So discussing the game with Packers fan is equal to arguing with your ex or your wife or ex wife, you’re never gonna win. Just like those ex’s, ex girlfriends and wives, they get jealous for no reason, they bring up things that happened years ago and to top it all off they are always right.

My take, Rodgers is going to miss some significant time and the Packers management is letting him come to grips with it. If he was okay they would have put it out there by now. Why milk an injury” Zim is not stupid. Vikes will prepare as if Rodgers were going to play I know Zim and thats just how he is. Vikes have nothing to lose in preparing for Rodgers. The Packers on the other hand are a total mess without Rodgers and a potential loss to a division rival at your house is not good because there is no way they come into the US Bank and take on from the Vikes.

And yet again Packers didn’t learn from last year and get a veteran QB in case Rodgers went down. Packer Trolls making fun of Cousins’s contract and saying he wasn’t’ worth it, well at least Cousins played two halfs of football. Enjoy the heroics and the Bears win, I don’t think he plays Sunday

98. “The offense always has potential with Rodgers. I hope he runs the game the way he did in the 2nd half and not that the anemic mess in the first.”

For some reason it always takes a while for them to ignore McCarthy. Wish they’d do it right away.

99. djvh2 says:
    September 11, 2018 at 3:18 pm

//////////////////

That’s pretty funny and very true. I always felt if the packers had a defensive minded head coach the packers would rival the patriots for Super Bowl wins. Never understood the offensive guru tag that was put on McCarthy, it seems like you said, when Rodgers takes control he is not listening to his HC.

100. cheeseisfattening says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:15 pm
    —–

////////////////////

That’s pretty funny cheesy

101. shaggytoodle says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:55 am

///////////////////////

Not taking away anything from his performance, but don’t compare his pain to the average person. The best we could hope for is a couple of aspirin and an ice pack. Dont pretend Rodgers wasn’t shot up with heavy duty pain medications in the knee along with a handful of OxyContin. Did you see that stoner grin in the postgame interview?

102. andrwken says:

###

As a serious poster here, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt on your assumption

However, when I said fans were leaving, I was referring to leaving the stadium

The network broadcast showed Packer fans actually walking out the gates during the halftime intermission.

To be honest, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, so I backed it up and watched it again.

I’ve been to some ugly Viking games, but I’ve never left the stadium until the game was over.

That includes preseason games.

103. tylawspick6 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 1:25 am
    drama queen

____________________
    You know how to spot them right Tylaw cause “Goodell is cheating for every team against my team and the whole NFL is against the Patriots.”

104. Rodgers just signed his huge contract and knows this week is going to be a loss. I think the whole “injury” is just an excuse for this week so that he can save face when the Vikings inevitably stomp the Pack on their home field. Rodgers will be 100% healthy. He will play. He will lose, and there is nothing he will be able to do about it. The Vikings are just a better team.