Mike McCarthy: No decision made on Aaron Rodgers’ availability

Getty Images

Shortly after finishing off his and the team’s comeback Sunday night, Aaron Rodgers vowed to play in Week Two against the Vikings.

“I’m playing next week,” Rodgers told NBC’s Michele Tafoya.

Not so fast, said Packers coach Mike McCarthy.

McCarthy told reporters Monday that the team continues to collect information about Rodgers’ knee injury.

“I know Aaron wants to play, and is always driven to play, but that’s all I have for right now,” McCarthy said, via Ryan Wood of the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

The Vikings essentially ended Rodgers’ 2017 season, with Anthony Barr‘s hit on Rodgers breaking the quarterback’s collarbone. Rodgers returned to play against Carolina late in the season.

148 responses to “Mike McCarthy: No decision made on Aaron Rodgers’ availability

1. I hope he plays because I want the Vikings to beat the Packers with Rodgers at the wheel. Packer fans make excuses whenever Rodgers isn’t playing.

2. Nice try, but Mike McCarthy doesn’t play coy very well. If a McMuffin was gone and McCarthy said it wasn’t him, would you believe it? Zim and the Vikes know 12 will be trotting out of the tunnel on Sunday.

3. I look forward to next year’s rule change that states you are not allowed to sack Erin Rodgers above or below the waist. Such an infraction will cost your team 15 yards. We will call it the yearly Erin Rodgers rule!

4. Feel like he has a sprain and wisely they won’t say anything until game time. Not sure one game against the Vikings is worth risking the rest of the season if he gets hit in his knee again or tweaks it dropping back.

5. If Rodgers doesn’t play against the Vikings, they lose at home to their biggest division rival. If he does play, he could be lost for the season again.

Make your choice.

6. I went to bed last night thinking that’s Rodger’s being Rodger’s. Give him an inch and he’ll take a mile. He’s a great QB and you have to tip your hat at Cobb. Then I wake up and the first thing I see on some morning show is how Rodger’s pulled off the greatest victory ever seen in football. Heck, it might be right up there with the Moon landing. I had to just laugh then quickly turn the channel.

Rodger’s is playing next week…

7. It’s easy, Aaron plays (McCarthy allowed him back in the Mack attack with a 20 point deficit to make up). Keep with the Aaron Rodgers hobbled plan… have a “designed play” and not a “make Aaron read the D play”. Aaron can extend plays, but to count on him make magic every passing down is asking for trouble. Get the ball out quick & keep with no huddle as much as possible.

8. No need to rush him back.

But, boy was it was good to get a critical division win over our biggest rival. Even though Bears seem to be up to their old tricks again with the dirty play, copyright robertson-smith driving his knee through Aaron even though Aaron was already on the ground and tackled. #cheatersneverwin

9. I sure hope he is healthy and can play. Unlike some of my Viking Troll brethren, I think the Packers-Vikes rivalry is awesome and don’t get all of the nonsense. I want both teams to be at full strength and let the chips fall where they may.

10. Whatever. Anyone with two working eyes could see Rodgers was faking the limp. One time he got it mixed up which leg to fake limp with so he fake limped with both of them. He looked like a guy who was learning how to walk for the 1st time or just woke from a 10 year coma. Lol — what a guy won’t do for a little breather in the middle of a game & then all this attention.

I’ll bet once all this glory dies down, if it ever does, he escalates to a broken leg or an amputation or eye patch or something even more radical. What a faker. No wonder he’s only won once.

11. This is reminiscent of the 2015 NFC championship where he played the whole game on 1 leg. McCarthy will need to design quicker release pass plays with 3 step drops. If his leg is bad and is asked to spend any amount of time in the pocket the Vikings pass rush is going to eat him alive.

12. Hilarious how these Viking fans pretend they want Rodgers to play this week.

We all know the truth, however. Everyone in the state of Minnesota has their fingers crossed that the doctor will say no.

13. I hope he plays, but sometimes a guy can get through a game with an injury if he has enough pain killers, but then has to miss time to allow it to heal. They have to figure out the extent of the injury before making any decisions. I know Rodgers is desperate to get revenge on the Vikings for injuring him last year and he knows the Vikings are the team to beat if they want to win the division for the second time in four years, but it wouldn’t make sense to play if it means the knee doesn’t heal for the rest of the season.

14. Carl Gerbschmidt says:

But, boy was it was good to get a critical division win over our biggest rival.
    ###

Earth to Carl…

You played the Bears yesterday. Even Brett Hundley beat the Bears.

The Bears have finished last in the NFC North the last 4 years in a row.

Critical division win over the perpetual cellar dwellers?

You’re just glad to be one up on them already, so you have less of a chance of finishing the season behind them.

We all know who your biggest rival is. You just won’t admit it.

15. “I’m playing next week,” Rodgers told NBC’s Michele Tafoya.
    ###

He was still on those “special drugs” when he said that.

16. Hilarious how these Viking fans pretend they want Rodgers to play this week.
    _______

True that! Obvious be sure they have been obsessing on his injury history all summer.

17. I hope Erin Rogers can continue to build on his HOF career season – apparently he’s only good when playing hurt and the defense backs off. The chances of other teams backing off a wounded QB while playing defense are next to nil. There are plenty of defensive players who want an Erin Rogers trophy on their mantle. “I bagged the Head Cheese Cheater”.

18. bhcpaul1989 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:48 pm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

19. “Packer fans make excuses whenever Rodgers isn’t playing”

With good reason. The Packers season has tanked each time that Rodgers has missed multiple games with injuries.

20. Note to Erin Rogers – the Vikings are going to give you a Viking funeral complete with a boat, all your hype stuffed around you, and with a lasting burning feeling as you are sent off to the place where cheating QB’s end up.

21. LandOf10000MethLabs says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:08 pm

Hilarious how these Viking fans pretend they want Rodgers to play this week.

__________

Do you really think we want another year of you guys claiming the Packers are the better team? You’ve been telling us all offseason how Rodgers getting hurt gave the Vikings six extra wins (Wisconsin math, I guess). The Packers should be favored if Rodgers plays and they have no chance if he doesn’t, but I think I speak for most of us when I say that it’s a lot more fun to play the Packers when Rodgers is in there.

22. schmitty2 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:05 pm

—————-
    You’re giving them too much credit. The Seattle D of 2015 was far superior to the vaunted viking D that quit during the biggest game of their season last year. You wouldn’t catch the Seahawks defense quitting like that.

23. tinye67 says:

September 10, 2018 at 2:45 pm

——————————–
    You obviously don’t know packer fans very well.
    If the packers lose, there will be a plethora of reasons.
    Namely that Rodger’s was playing hurt. Or Rodger’s didn’t play.
    Or the Vikings tackled him with a dirty hit to make it worse.

I haven’t seen a packer fan yet say that the packers lost fair and square to the Vikings.

I don’t expect them to start now if the Vikings happen to win.

24. Quarterbacks better than Rogers:

Joe Montanna
    John Elway
    Bret Favre
    Tom Brady
    Dan Marino
    Peyton Manning
    Johnny Unitas
    Drew Brees
    Terry Bradshaw

Let’s put that GOAT time on hold for now.

25. schmitty2 says:

September 10, 2018 at 3:05 pm

McCarthy will need to design quicker release pass plays with 3 step drops.
    ——–
    You are giving McCarthy way too much credit.
    Rodgers runs the offense.
    McCarthy is the front man.

26. This is a nothingburgerer story. Of course no decision has been made. No one knows the course of the injury until they do. Rodgers’ fitness for end of week can not be known on Sunday or Monday.

27. LandOf10000MethLabs says:

Hilarious how these Viking fans pretend they want Rodgers to play this week.
    ###

Why wouldn’t we want him to play. We have beaten Rodgers in 3 of his last 4 starts against us. Rodgers has thrown just as many INT’s as TD’s (2 total of each) in those last 3 losses to the Vikings.

28. When Vikings beat the lowly pack this Sunday packers fans will say he’s not 100% healthy. Excuses after excuses. I will guarantee Vikings victory regardless if he plays or not, and if he’s healthy or not.

29. tinye67 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:45 pm
    ///////////////////////////////

That’s good to know. I guess by that logic we should expect the Vikngs to win the SuperBowl this year or it’s a huge bust. The excuse last year was Keenum just wasn’t good enough. But now, there are no excuses.

This should be fun.

30. Rodgers had to be on something last night. He was grinning like a drunk sailor in his post game interview. I don’t think I had ever seen him smile before.

31. We all know who your biggest rival is. You just won’t admit it.
    ———————-
    The Bears have always been the Packers’biggest division rival. We just hate the Vikings more because of all their obnoxious fans. At least the Bears have won a Lombardi Trophy.

32. Quarterbacks better than Rogers:

Joe Montanna
    John Elway
    Bret Favre
    Tom Brady
    Dan Marino
    Peyton Manning
    Johnny Unitas
    Drew Brees
    Terry Bradshaw**

I really hope you were kidding with the last one….

33. Typical Queens fans around here. Knocking Rodgers out last season was basically the closest they’ve come to celebrating anything meaningful in their franchise history. “You Vike That?!”

34. Bluestree says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:15 pm

We all know who your biggest rival is. You just won’t admit it.
    ////////

You can’t be our rival until you win something. 38-7
    ____________

I guess beating your team doesn’t count.

35. gtodriver says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:11 pm
    Carl Gerbschmidt says:

But, boy was it was good to get a critical division win over our biggest rival.
    ###

Earth to Carl…

You played the Bears yesterday. Even Brett Hundley beat the Bears.

The Bears have finished last in the NFC North the last 4 years in a row.

Critical division win over the perpetual cellar dwellers?

We all know who your biggest rival is. You just won’t admit it.

——–

I wouldn’t be looking past the Bears this year. Too early to tell on Trubiskey, but he certainly has more promise than any other recent QBs (yes, I’m including Cutler in that list), Howard/Jordan are a very good RB combo, Robinson/Gabriel/Burton are pretty good receivers and maybe you heard, they signed Khalil Mack. Teams change from year-to-year, just because they’ve been bad doesn’t mean they’re still bad. Try to step up your game a bit. Or better yet. Just don’t.

36. Carl Gerbschmidt says:

But, boy was it was good to get a critical division win over our biggest rival.

—-

I hate that my fellow Pack fans have adopted the mindset that us and the Bears are fighting for 2nd place. We should be trying to win the division! I think we can do it if we get a defense and a decent coach and the GM pans out all before Rodgers retires or gets injured again.

37. Note to Erin Rogers – the Vikings are going to give you a Viking funeral
    ——-
    Note to you, only people who haven’t hit puberty yet find it funny when Viking fans call him Erin or Sharon. Grow up.

38. I have a ton of respect for Rodgers but let’s remember he threw a pass right into the hands of Kyle Fuller that would have ended the game if old butterfingers would have held onto it. He’s a great player but he isn’t perfect and he isn’t to be feared. The Vikings defense held onto those passes when Jimmy G did that yesterday.

39. metalup666 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:33 pm
    Quarterbacks better than Rogers:

Joe Montanna
    John Elway
    Bret Favre
    Tom Brady
    Dan Marino
    Peyton Manning
    Johnny Unitas
    Drew Brees
    Terry Bradshaw**

I really hope you were kidding with the last one….
    ——————————————————–

No, I wasn’t. 4 Superbowl Championships and the man called his own plays.

40. gtodriver says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:36 pm
    Please quit posting like you quit on your team last night.
    ////////////////////////////

The truth shall set you free you Lying Old Goat.

41. stellarperformance says:

September 10, 2018 at 3:31 pm

tinye67 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:45 pm
    ///////////////////////////////

This should be fun
    ————-
    There you go again.
    The packer fan rule that a superbowl must be won.
    Just because YOU put that expectation on to the Vikings, doesn’t mean anything.
    But just for kicks, I will use your argument on your team.

Yep, it’s likely another choke job by the annual super bowl favorite packers.

42. harryshavik says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:03 pm

—–

Even still, better than 0.

toodlez

43. dude, if you’re immobile you really dont want to just be a sitting duck against Zimmer. not sure what in the world the bears were thinking just going into prevent tampa 2 and letting him sit back there the rest of the game

44. stellarperformance says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:31 pm

tinye67 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:45 pm
    ///////////////////////////////

This should be fun.
    __________

First, that makes no sense, but that’s what we’ve come to expect from you. Second, nobody thinks it’s Case Keenum’s fault that the Vikings didn’t win the Super Bowl. The excuse last year was Philadelphia had a better team. The Vikings improved their team as much as they could to give them a better chance of winning the Super Bowl because last year’s team wasn’t good enough. Why does that bother you so much?

45. Wouldn’t it be ironic if it came out that the injury Rodgers sustained last night was the exact same injury that sidelined Jay Cutler in that NFC title game vs. the Pack a few years back?

46. Bluestree says:

You can’t be our rival until you win something.
    ###

You don’t want to be our rival because you only want your rival to be someone you can beat easily.

duh okay…

47. So he is healthy enough to return after halftime and play the entire second half . . . but the coaching staff is not sure he can play next week.

If he can’t play, the training staff and doctors need to be questioned on how they let him back in the game.

Either he is healthy enough to play, or he isn’t.

48. Everyone was treated to yet another LEGENDARY performance from arguably the greatest QB to play the game when all is said and done. I can’t even count how many times he has done things like this. It far surpasses anyone that I can remember.

Aaron can be vocal and burn people the wrong way sometimes, but you know who else has that kind of fire? TB12. It’s competitive drive and they both have the skills to back it up. Hating on either one of them just makes people look all the more foolish. Both are incredible players and great for the game. Which is probably why people hate AR and TB: because they aren’t on your team.

toodlez

49. mediasloppy says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:50 pm

Rodger’s is playing next week…
    ———————

Rodger’s what?

50. Norseman says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:50 pm

_____________________________
    The Packers beat their “biggest division rival” last night.
    The queens are ‘another game’.

51. Anyone who actually saw Bradshaw play, respects him. I was young when he was in his twilight years of playing, but dude was a baller and I remember thinking that.

As far as McCarthy goes:

He fed DeShone Kizer to the wolves, literally. If it’s me, I’m putting every TE on my roster out there to help the O-line wherever Mack is playing. Coach needs to be fired for what he did

52. There isn’t much in life as satisfying as reading the piling-on and overconfident comments from Viking trolls after halftime last night, then rubbing their little fight-picking noses in the aftermath of that incredible come-from-behind victory.

If only life could be so sweet.

53. skimbell says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:56 pm
    Norseman says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:50 pm

_____________________________
    The Packers beat their “biggest division rival” last night.
    The queens are ‘another game’.
    __________________________________________________________________________________

There’s trash talk and then there’s ignorance. Ignorance won with Skimball.

54. 33vikes says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:45 pm
    He better as McCarthy obviously can only “coach” him and Favre. Anyone else is a complete disaster.
    ________________

Cuz there is a drop off between a back up QB, and two people who will be argued to be the top 10 QBs to EVER play in the NFL?

Thats fine, but Matt Flynn and his big contract would beg to differ on your statement.

55. skimbell says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:56 pm

The Packers beat their “biggest division rival” last night.
    The queens are ‘another game’.
    ________

That’s because the Bears and Packers will be battling it out all season for second place. Might as well throw the Lions in there too.

56. pkrlvr says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:38 pm
    Note to Erin Rogers – the Vikings are going to give you a Viking funeral
    ——-

///////////////

Kinda like pack fans like you calling the Vikings Barney’s? Good to know.

57. Cody,

You are are football encyclopedia!
    ——
    Really? You’re so attention starved you talk to your other screen names? Sad.

58. senxic says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:51 pm

///////////////////////

He completed a couple of passes that the packer receivers made the bears secondary look stupid. The gb receivers are the one legendary performers of this game.

59. These packers trolls, geezle. I used to not like The Almighty Cabbage, but i’ve changed my mind. He’s a football guy unlike the idiots like Ger$hit and the others. I’ll wait to hear Almighty’s opionion. It’s one I respect cause he just likes the game and enjoys seeing this awesome HOF quarterback. I’m absolutely good with that.

60. I’m a Viking fan and I sure hope he plays so once we beat GB again, their fans can make excuses that he was hurt and he will get hit and probably be out for multiple weeks. So the overrated Packers will fall behind in the playoff race and we won’t to have hear about them again this year at the end of the season. He is a great player and his receivers make great plays but we have a great defense.

61. One undeniable fact:

If Rodgers were available, Viking fans would trade him for Cousins in a heartbeat. Without hesitation.

62. juice08 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:34 pm
    The amount of Vikings trolls on this site is insane. Get a life.
    ……………………………………………………………………………….

This is their life. Their own team has provided them with nothing but 57 years of ineptness, futilty, and embarrassment. That is why you usually see multiple posts from the same trolls on most every story pertaining to the Packers. I don`t post anything on stories about the Minnesota team for the simple reason I couldn`t possibly care less about that team. All they provide me with is comedic relief on occasion. It is the big brother/little brother syndrome. They are jealous of everything Packers and the only way they can attempt to feel better about themselves is to come on these stories and attempt to disparage the team, the fans, the city and they are especially as thick as fleas on a dog when something bad happens to Green Bay or one of the players. Petty, jealous, vindictive- that is apparently how these people go through life.

63. flviking says:
    September 10, 2018 at 4:11 pm

+++++

Just last week your fellow Vikings fans were claiming the Viking cuts were better than any of our wide receivers. Sort that out with them, will you?

64. bhcpaul1989 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:48 pm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

—————————————————————————————–

Apparently you con’t follow comments, every time he gets hurt the NFL comes up with a new rule for him. I said nothing about the Bears, and the NFL could care less if Mitch got hurt. Now make sure you read it slow so you can try and understand. If you need help let me know!

65. Except the Packers got called for it twice last night and it was never called on the Bears. Might I suggest you find something else to cry about?
    —————————————————————————————–

66. filthymcnasty3 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:58 pm
    The Vikings might have a chance in this one if Rodgers is unable to play.
    —————————————————————————–
    Reality – Vikings have taken 4 out of the last 5 from the Packers and the Vikings started their backup QB in each of their last 4 games against GB.

67. It will be interesting to see how Rodgers’ knee responds this week — doesn’t make sense to jeopardize an entire season just for one game, whether its against the team that knocked him out last year or not.

I don’t think our D-line is any better than the Bears, but the secondary should give Rodgers more of a challenge. Should be a good game.

Said it before and will say it again: the Pack-bears should be a bigger rivalry since they’ve played longer than virtually any other NFL team, not to mention the proximity of the population centers. That makes the games more fun. Cheesers harp on that like Vikings fans supposed to be jealous about that or something.

68. The Packers barely beat the Bears, a second tier team, or third, even with the trade. Rodgers will probably play and I hope he is healthy, but the Vikings defense is the best in the NFL and will shut him and the Packers down. Maybe Danica Patrick can start in Aaron’s place. I’d buy tickets to that one.

69. OMG! The .viking/Packer trolls need to get a life. Are any of them over 12 years old? It’s getting old and stale.

70. stellarperformance says:
    One undeniable fact:

Winner of the annual “No $hit” award goes to this numbskull. Who would not? He singlehanded carries a sub-par Packers to relevence and even more.

Do you watch football at all, or do you just “comment”.

71. Brian Olson says:
    September 10, 2018 at 4:22 pm

—————

The Vikings barely beat the 49ers, a second team, or third, even with picking up Sherman.

The Packers scored just as many points as the Vikings did, against a better defense.

I mean, are you stupid?

72. One undeniable fact:

======

The other 30 teams would do the same.

73. You can tell the extent of the Vikings fans inferiority complex by their braggadocio. No fan base brags more with fewer accomplishments. It HAS to be a psychological issue.

74. Did the injury report on him even come out yet? And please, Vikings fans, you know you don’t want him to play. I know I wouldn’t if I were you. Y’all are getting dangerously close to being the most delusional fan base in the NFL but lucky for you, no fan base will ever take that award away from the cowboys fans that’ve never even been to Dallas. No disrespect to the cowboys fans from Dallas, if you fit into that demographic, you’re fine

75. If Mister Rodgers had REALLY been injured, he would never have been able to return to the game lol

As many have said in the past 24 hours: Drama Queen!

76. bhcpaul1989 says:
    ————-
    They already have a similar rule in effect. Greenbay offensive linemen are allowed to hold, and other teams are not. For some reason the refs forgot that rule in the first half.

77. The Bears defense is better than the Vikings defense this year. Rodgers started out a little rusty, then commences to carve up the Bears D like a Thanksgiving Turkey. Vikings fans need not pretend their team looks forward to seeing the Packers twice a year. No team likes the division rivalries. Hell, they dont even care much. The players just want to look good on TV.

78. bhcpaul1989 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 4:19 pm
    ////////////////////////////////////

You actually, truthfully, legitimately, believe this to be true……..and you call others slow?

That’s a good one.

79. It’s hilarious reading the comments of these Internet tough guys.
    All of them claiming they want their team to face off against a Aaron Rodgers next week.
    Sorry, but you’re not fooling anyone.

Just about every Barney in Loserville (Minneapolis hometown newspaper coined nickname) breathed a sigh of relief and rejoiced, a little, as Rodgers limped to an awaiting cart to take him to the locker room for treatment.
    Their small minded excitement harkened back to last season, as Rodgers lay prone on the Lambeau turf, their joy overflowing at that moment.
    But, as fate would have it, their excitement turned to dread and they began to soil themselves at the sight of Rodgers and the rest of the mighty Green Bay Packers lead a heroic and triumphant comeback against their arch rivals.

Don’t let these big talking Barneys fool you.
    Believe me, they want absolutely nothing to do with a healthy and actively playing Aaron Rodgers.
    Trust me, they are scared to death of him.
    Why do you think they acted out with utter glee last season when Aaron was injured?
    Why, because they no longer had to worry about the best player in the division, probably the best player in football, spoiling things for their team.
    It’s obvious, it’s that irrational hatred and disdain they show for Rodgers, it’s all a simple byproduct of their fear.

Oh, believe me, the Barneys will tell you different.
    They’ll respond to my post, some trying to reason with me about how wrong I am.
    Some acting in a very childish manner, insulting the team or with a more personal attack on me.
    And some just posing as a serial killer.
    It will happen, you can count on the Barneys like clockwork.
    Puppets, every last one of them.

In the end, whether Aaron’s able to give it a go next week remains to be seen.
    But, a few things I know for sure, the Barneys, every last one of them, will be hoping against hope that his knee is worse off than anyone’s letting on to, and that this team will be ready, either way.
    The Green Bay Packers, still looking good at 100!

80. Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:46 pm
    stellarperformance says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:31 pm

tinye67 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:45 pm
    ///////////////////////////////

This should be fun.
    __________

_______

Umm,

Your team’s management obviously thought the QB was part of the problem.

And fixed it with an 84 million dollar solution.

The Vikings could have had Keenum back for probably half that. That says something irregardless of what the fans think.

81. Norseman says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:50 pm

Make your choice.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Vikes are Packers’ biggest division rival only in the cold-waddled minds of Vikes fans.

Otherwise, 100 years if experience says, no.

Bears-Packers is clearly #1.

82. skcrooged says:
    September 10, 2018 at 4:18 pm
    There are quite a few Vikings fans on this site. We can read and write.

______

If you taking credit for most of the Vikings fans on this comment section, then not very well….

83. stellarperformance says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:59 pm

If only life could be so sweet.
    ——–
    Rubbing noses in what? A week 1 victory? Over the Bears? At home? Congratulations! You got us there.
    btw, I was pointing out how out of sync Rodgers was with his teammates to start the game because he refuses to play in the preseason, poking fun you your commentary on an earlier Viking story and laughing how bad Green Bay’s garbage roster looked without Rodgers. What has changed?
    And I see you cheese eaters are all back on your bandwagon. Nice.

84. The Packers held the Bears offense to 16 points. The Bears offense is better than the 49ers offense

The Packers scored 24 points against the Bears defense. The Bears Defense is as good if not better than the Vikings.

The Vikings offense looked really good against one of the worst defenses in the league, though. I mean, that 17 point outburst is making everyone in the league so afraid.

85. Doctor McKenzie is the ONLY one that can medically clear Rodgers to play.

When Mike McCarthy said no decision has been made on his availability to play he is saying Doctor McKenzie has not yet medically cleared him to play. Doc McKenzie cleared him last night or he wouldn’t have been able to come back. Now the process of Doctor McKenzie clearing him or not for Sunday is going on.

It is a better bet he plays than not, but I hope they wait a bit to make it official. Make the Purples wonder a little more. Let the Vikings have to prepare for 2 QB’s. Hell let’s throw it out there that if Rodgers doesn’t play that Tim Boyle may start. Make those fools have to spend time preparing for 3 diff QB’s😃

86. The Bears defense is better than the Vikings defense this year.
    ——————–
    Not true. DL a wash, LBs a wash, secondary BIG advantage Vikings. Ergo, Vikings defense better. This from a Bears fan.

87. cheeseisfattening says:
    September 10, 2018 at 4:56 pm

——–

Enlighten me as to how you can divulge more from the Packer/Bear game than you can from the Viking/Niners. Where the defense may be a relative unknown, and the qb is a 2nd year starter for all intensive purposes. Cousins threw for just over 50%. That’s not gellin with your teammates in my opinion.

88. Rubbing noses in what? A week 1 victory? Over the 49ers? At home? Congratulations! You got us there.
    —-
    Now if some Viking actually said they were rubbing you noses in that sf victory you might have a point. Anyway congrats on your team’s very special win.

89. mmack66 says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:51 pm

mediasloppy says:
    September 10, 2018 at 2:50 pm

Rodger’s is playing next week…
    ———————

Rodger’s what?
    ——————
    I’m not sure what you’re asking. If you don’t understand what I meant by Rodger’s being Rodger’s use context in the sentence that follows it. If you don’t understand what it means to give a person an inch and they will take a mile it implies if you give Rodger’s any kind of advantage he is good enough to exploit it to his advantage. The rest of the statement is just me being sarcastic about the hyperbole of it all. Hyperbole means exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

90. speakadatrut says:
    September 10, 2018 at 6:04 pm
    A week to game plan against an immobile Aaron Rogers? Zimmer is licking his chops! Bring it on!
    ……………………………………………………………………………….

Must have been licking a Philly Cheesesteak when he game planned for them the week before last year`s NFC Championship game.

91. He better play. I’d rather beat the Packers when they’re at their best, not weakened. There’s no satisfaction in beating a weakened opponent, so this Viking fan hopes he’s ok, stays healthy, and plays next week

92. minneanderthals says:
    September 10, 2018 at 5:11 pm

*****
    Rather than try and make sense of your drivel of deciding if Bears defense is better than Vikings defense or 49ers offense is better than Bears offense, let’s just see what happens when the Vikings and Packers actually play each other on Sunday. That should answer everything.

93. Let the Vikings have to prepare for 2 QB’s. Hell let’s throw it out there that if Rodgers doesn’t play that Tim Boyle may start. Make those fools have to spend time preparing for 3 diff QB’s
    //////////////
    A Packer fan actually posted this. I honestly can’t tell if he’s being serious or making a hilarious joke. One of you Packer fans decipher it and let us know.

94. stellarperformance says:
    September 10, 2018 at 4:16 pm
    One undeniable fact:

//////////

A A Ron would not fit into the teams culture. Vikes play as a team no time for cry babies and divas.

95. freefromwhatyouare says:
    September 10, 2018 at 5:26 pm

///////////////

Yeah okay, a couple of hours on Madden should prepare the Vikings for Kiser or who? Boil? Green and yellow thinking at its finest. Congrats on your win.

96. Rodgers was definitely hurt. You could see the knee fold sideways, to the inside. That’s MCL territory. I would guess just a sprain, where the ligament stretched but didn’t tear or pull bone away. I base that guess on the fact that the team doctors felt confident that further play would not cause further injury. MRI will tell the tale, though.

97. Viking fans love trash talking Aaron Rodgers their new taunt is saying well he only has one Super Bowl win but that one is more than your entire organization has and your not getting one this year with Cousins.

98. lambeauandlombardi says:
    “Petty, jealous, vindictive- that is apparently how these people go through life.”
    ————–

99. Wrote
    “The Almighty Cabbage says:
    September 10, 2018 at 8:21 pm
    Rodgers was definitely hurt. You could see the knee fold sideways, to the inside. That’s MCL territory. I would guess just a sprain, where the ligament stretched but didn’t tear or pull bone away. I base that guess on the fact that the team doctors felt confident that further play would not cause further injury. MRI will tell the tale, though.”

That’s not MCL AREA. It’s the LCL AREA! PLEASE LEARN HUMAN ANATOMY.

100. Or I could simply purchase some novelty stock, jump on the bandwagon, & self-identify as making the team with terms such as “we, us, & our”. What a reality that must feel like.
    >>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<
    Exactly the point Gen. You do see the difference…right? Tell us you do.

101. ketchupaholic says:
    September 10, 2018 at 10:33 pm
    Wrote
    “The Almighty Cabbage says:
    September 10, 2018 at 8:21 pm

That’s not MCL AREA. It’s the LCL AREA! PLEASE LEARN HUMAN ANATOMY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

MCL- MEDIAL Collateral Ligament. The one in the MIDDLE… on the INSIDE of the knee. When a force on the outside of the knee tries to push the knee IN towards the other knee, the MCL is what stops that from happening. The way Rodgers’ leg bent, it was definitely an MCL.

By the way… that little injury Teddy Bridgewater had? Mine was way worse. My right leg was literally torn off at the knee, held together by ONLY the LCL and some soft tissue. Tore the ACL and the MCL. The PCL had an avulsion fracture (ligament never tore, ripped bone away instead). Shattered the Tib/Fib IN the joint and pocketed the meniscus.

The MCL tore during the crash or when I stood up after the crash (fast motorcycles and indiscretions). My right foot went OUT to the side as the right knee crashed into the left knee. Killed the MCL right there, if it wasn’t already killed. Then I got mad and stood up again. That’s when my right knee bent completely backwards and made all the bad noises.

I had five reconstructions and a total knee replacement by the time it was done. I’m pretty solid on the anatomy of the knee. Anymore questions?

102. Bears have 2 wins in the last 17 games between the packers – Bears.Cutler went 1-13 in this game. I can see why the packer fans say the Bears are their greatest rival. The Bears have 10 division championships since the 60’s.You can say whatever you want to say but this rivalry has lost something. That game is nothing I care to watch, even Bears fans don’t want to watch another packer win.

103. The big rivalry game is out of the way now till Dec. 16th when we go to Chicago for round 2.

This week is important only because it is the next game and a division game. Detroit and Minnesota are always big games for that reason.

Let’s get to 2-0 so the Lions, Bears and Vikings can enjoy looking up at us all season.

On the Rodgers injury front: McCarthy said Monday “We have some information, but are still gathering more information” One can assume the information they do have is the MRI showing he does not have a ACL tear.

The question now becomes how much will his movement be limited in the game? It does not hurt to keep the opposition guessing about that also.

One positive is that the offensive lines job is actually made slightly easier if Aaron’s movement is limited because they then know he will be staying in the pocket. We remember this from the 2014 season when Aaron’s movement was limited due to a calf injury that he played through. He did run a little in the Dallas playoff game though so you never know. Defenses will prepare as if Aaron is 100%. Won’t be catching them off guard if Aaron breaks the pocket.

#100Seasons

#TitleTown

#GoPackGo!

104. gtodriver says:
    September 10, 2018 at 3:11 pm

We all know who your biggest rival is. You just won’t admit it.

—————————-

Thanks for the best laugh of the morning. Legends in your own mind, while in reality to the 80% of Wisconsinites who live east of Eau Claire, you are only the divisional opponent in that “little brother” state with the big shopping mall to our west.

105. Packers sucked in the first half, and we still didn’t see any fans leaving. Then, the better-than-labeled Packer defense shut the Bars down. Then, Rodgers returned and ate up the highly touted Bears defense.

1 point victory over a divisional rival is a very important victory.

Definitely a “premier game”, and extremely fun to watch for everyone but haters. Tough pill to swallow for them.

Bon Appetit!

106. So Green Bay doctors told Rodgers his knee “can’t get any worse” by playing this week. If I interpret that correctly, then Rodgers has a complete ligament tear. If the injury were a partial tear or a patella injury then of course you can make it worse buy playing football.

There is history of players playing with a torn ACL but the list is small (Philip Rivers in playoffs, RGIII). Some say playing with the bad knee ended RGIII’s career. The Packers cannot afford a career ending injury on Rodgers. He is 34years old with $80M in dead cap money. Packers would be screwed for years.

Vikings will prepare for Rodgers, but my guess is the injury is serious and the Packers are going to shut down Rodgers for the year.

107. mnwhizzinator says:
    >>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Diagnosed by a Vikings fan whose team doctors killed their best offensive lineman, Korey Stringer, by not treating him for heat stroke when he showed ALL the typical symptoms.
    Nice Job whizzinator

108. For all this talk about how “garbage” the Packers roster is, they allowed the same amount of points and much fewer yards than Minnesota did, while playing against a much more talented offense.

I guess that just means Minny has a garbage roster, too?

109. flviking says:
    It’s amazing how many packer trolls are doctors
    >>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<
    An IRONIC POST by flviking seeing the article he says has packer trolls just happens to be on a PACKERS THREAD. Not to mention, we don't even bother looking at Viking threads.
    You sir are enamored with trolling Packer articles and the rest of the leagues fans know it.
    How embarrassing for you.

110. CheeseisGoodforYou! says:
    September 11, 2018 at 10:49 am

Nice Job whizzinator
    __________________

Well that escalated quickly, LOL. Somebody pee in your Cheese-ios?

Good Lord. What sure what triggered that hysterical response. Wrong time of the month? Or perhaps you saw a little bit of truth in my post…

I didn’t say anything derogatory or disrespectful about your team. I’m trying to figure out if Rodgers is going to play like everyone else.

111. Well that escalated quickly, LOL. Somebody pee in your Cheese-ios?
    >>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Did I hurt your feelings…..?????
    You can dish it but can't take it,….. eh?
    Typical liberal Viking troll.

112. The QUITTER says:

Packers sucked in the first half, and we still didn’t see any fans leaving.
    ###

You were one of the one’s that left. I saw it on TV…

You posted this while your wife was driving you home from the game at 8:54 PM (Central Time):

stellarperformance says:
    September 9, 2018 at 9:54 pm
    This Packer team sucks. No o-line, no pass rush, no DB’s, no receivers, no running backs, and now…….no quarterback.

113. I dunno why all you Gumbys think that not letting the press know or making a decision on Rodgers is somehow a strategic advantage. Its not because the Vikings more than likel are preparing for A A Ron. Kizer is not a threat and is not as experienced.Your 180 Million dollar investment may be put for a couple of weeks. Gumby fans are losing there minds and scared to death its gonna be a replay of last year.If he was okay they would have said it by now, again Packers have a back up QB who cannot win.