Aaron Rodgers calls his injury a “sprained knee”

Getty Images

Aaron Rodgers did not practice Wednesday, instead staying at the stadium for treatment.

He calls his injury a “sprained knee,” though the Packers quarterback would not confirm it’s his MCL.

It feels “a little better every day,” Rodgers said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.

Rodgers, of course, was carted off in the first half of Sunday night’s game against the Bears. He returned in the second half to play the part of hero, leaving the Packers to a miraculous comeback win.

“There was a lot of adrenaline,” Rodgers said, “and [it’s] pretty sore the last three days.”

69 responses to “Aaron Rodgers calls his injury a “sprained knee”

1. “Rodgers did not take any pain medications, he said, because he doesn’t like the way they make him feel.”

Quite the one-eighty from his predecessor.

2. Anything more than a mild sprain, he wouldn’t play.
    He’ll likely have to get rid of the ball quickly, rather than look for the homerun ball. They’ll probably go up tempo, and try to wear the Viking defense out.
    This year they will not feel like they have to protect their defense by slowing down on offense.

3. “Rodgers did not take any pain medications, he said, because he doesn’t like the way they make him feel.”

Because they make him talk with a southern drawl? I call B.S.

4. More like a bruised ego and hurt feelings from the Bears treating him so badly and kicking his ars in the first half. Figured this was a good way to get out of the game and regroup. I just wish the Bears could have finished that game off. Week 15 cannot get here soon enough. Skol Vikings and Go Bears.

5. Tough as nails and a class act combined. There is no team he’d play for than the Green Bay Packers.

6. Dude has some heart. He’s come back twice from broken collarbones (once successfully), played on one leg in an NFC Championship game against the Seahawks, and proved it last week. I have a feeling he’ll prove it again this week.

7. More like a bruised ego and hurt feelings from the Bears treating him so badly and kicking his ars in the first half.
    ——
    Yeah, it’s not like a 300 pound man landed on his knee

8. “Rodgers did not take any pain medications, he said, because he doesn’t like the way they make him feel.”

In his post game interviews – his eyes told a different story.

9. Boy, you vike fans sure do seem worried about Aaron’s health. Maybe your time would be better spent rallying around Cousin’s attempt to copyright #youvikethat the dumbest catch phrase of all time.

10. fm31970 says:

Quite the one-eighty from his predecessor.
    ______________________________

Bite your tongue armchair athlete. Qb’s that survived the 90’s and early 00’s were a different breed.

11. He had a significantly painful injury, left the field on a cart, came back and played a very good 2nd half and displayed all of the signs of someone who is under the influence of a substance. Is it really that crazy to think he got doped up???

12. Maybe all Rodgers needs is some good old-fashioned home-made chicken noodle soup from his mom. Oops…nevermind.

13. Rodgers responded, “Nope,” when asked if he needs to practice this week to play on Sunday.
    ———
    Rodgers responded, “Team?,” when asked if his team needs to practice with him to better play together on Sunday.

14. I just hope the Packers defense can stop Dalvin Cook. His 2.5 yards per carry against a team that struggled mightily against the run last year shows just how dangerous he can be.

Or is this the team where he calls it a year?

Find out sunday.

15. “gtodriver says:
    September 12, 2018 at 4:30 pm

Yip, yip, yip”

———————————

There’s our Packers obsessed ankle biter! Does your heart jump when there’s something Packer related you can comment on? It’s adorable that you were looking so deep into Rodgers’ eyes in his post game interview. Vikings fan Packers obsession knows no bounds.

16. Kirk Cousins on Aaron Rodgers:

“A guy like myself is chasing and wanting a lot of what he has already done. He flies at a different altitude than I do. I tell him I watch him and try to learn from him”

Kirk is 30 and Aaron is 34. Kirk you better get moving if you want to catch your idol that you are “chasing” and wanting to be like. Tick Tock⏰

17. If Kizer plays I sincerely hope McCarthy doesn’t have him trying to pass with less than a minute to go in the half from the shadow of the goalposts. I didn’t have a heart attack then, so I think I may be safe for the next 20 years or so, but I’d rather not test it.

18. minneanderthals says:
    September 12, 2018 at 4:58 pm

Or is this the team where he calls it a year?

Find out sunday.
    *****
    Meanwhile the entire league fears the Packers vaunted rushing attack. Has your team converted any more receivers to running back this year? You might have to do something once Kizer takes over for Rodgers. The good news is you’ll likely be fighting the Bills and Lions for #1 overall draft pick next year.

19. aypeeswhippingstick says:

Viking fans will love him when he plays for their team after he turns 40.
    ###

Rodgers will be retired long before he turns 40.

20. cheeseisfattening says:
    September 12, 2018 at 4:56 pm
    ///////////////////////////////////////////

It shouldn’t be a problem then. Viking trolls have been saying ad nauseam Rodgers is the team, the whole team, and nothing but the team.

So…..beat him, if you can. It’s just one guy. How hard can it be?

21. Viking fans won’t admit it but I feel their wishing for a serious injury for Rodgers, really shows the fear they have of what he can do on a football field when he is in the game. Whether he is completely healthy, or 40%.

22. ackattack22 says:

————————————————-

With the saints pick? Maybe. Their defense looks like it could win as many championships as the Vikings have.

The Packers, at worst, will be in the middle, which is where 8-8 should get the vikes this year.

23. gtodriver says:
    September 12, 2018 at 5:11 pm

Rodgers will be retired long before he turns 40.

You’re probably right about that. With his intellect and articulation skills he’d be perfect for television. Unlike his predecessor who’s busy selling copper fit and taking pictures of his junk. Too bad for your team that he’s not a one trick pony. Tell you what, you can have Kizer when he’s in his late 30’s.

24. freefromwhatyouare says:

———————————
    Kirk will tie Aaron on SB appearances and wins this year at 1 apiece. Did you bring up a ticking clock because you know there are only a couple of good years left before Aaron retires and brings back the irrelevance of the 70’s and 80’s to GB?

25. nathanp2013 says:

———————————

—————-

I doubt the Packers would trade for cousins to pay him that much to be a backup for the Packers, which is literally the only chance he has for a ring.

26. Rodgers didn’t get injured. The meglomaniac faked it just to show everyone that they need him and he deserves all the money he got paid.

27. freefromwhatyouare says:
    September 12, 2018 at 5:00 pm
    Kirk Cousins on Aaron Rodgers:

/////////

And if Kirk wins a Super Bowl what then? More Tick Tock for Rodgers than there is for Cousins. Packers shelled out all that money and now A A Ron is hurt…..again. Rodgers will be lucky to make it to 37.

28. freefromwhatyouare says:
    September 12, 2018 at 5:00 pm
    Kirk Cousins on Aaron Rodgers:

//////////////////////

Pile it on, throw as much trash as you can now, after Sunday’s game 3/4 of all the packer commentators will disappear, they always do except for stella ya gotta give it to him.

29. While the Bears have a good D, the Vikings have a great D, arguably the best in the NFL. I hate to say it, but as a diehard-but-realistic GB fan the best I can hope for from this upcoming game against the Vikings is that Rodgers survives, doesn’t get hurt any worse, just live to see another day.

30. mrdarkness13 says:
    September 12, 2018 at 6:17 pm

————/—

Ha ha ha. Brett couldn’t do it, but Kirk will? How? On the back of your vaunted defense? Remember 38-7? I do. #youvikethat

31. Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    September 12, 2018 at 7:53 pm

*****
    Remember the Packers last playoff game? They lost 44-21 to Atlanta. Did you Vike that? Speaking of memories, how did 2017 with an injured Aaron work out? Get ready for the same thing this year unless you think Kizer can take you to the promised land. Only the Packers could find someone even worse than Hundley to be their backup. LOL!

32. The QUITTER says:

So…..beat him, if you can. It’s just one guy. How hard can it be?
    ###

I know you have memory problems, but the Vikings have beaten Rodgers 3 of the last 4 times he was brave enough to put a uniform on

Should be 4 out of 5, but Rodgers chickened out for game in Lambeau.

Even though the Packers medical staff had fully cleared him to play the week before…😎

33. ackattack22 says:

————–
    The difference is no Packer fan claims that the team has a good run game. Meanwhile, in Minnesota, viking fans had Cook in the HOF last year before his injury.

34. I think it’s heroic of Rodgers to play through this injury, and he clearly wants to live up to all of ourexpectations as the most inspirational figure of modern time.

I expect the Packers will bury the Vikings so deep that they’ll need more helmet stickers.

35. Big Vikes guy here, geez I hope my guy Bar can get another cheap hit on Rogers I mean that’s the only way we can win the North , my guy Cuzins looked a little shaky against the 49 ers too .

36. lp5710 says:
    September 12, 2018 at 9:00 pm

==================

Nice try, Green Bay troll. How do I know? Can’t spell Barr, Rodgers, or Cousins properly.

37. nathanp2013 says:

Kirk will tie Aaron on SB appearances and wins this year at 1 apiece.
    ___________

Yeah, I’ll believe it when I see it, mostly, because the Vikings were also going to be the first team to host and play in the Superbowl… especially after that MIRACLE play.

38. lp5710 says:
    September 12, 2018 at 9:00 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Even packer fans are embarrassed over this guy.

39. stellarperformance says:
    September 12, 2018 at 5:13 pm
    cheeseisfattening says:
    September 12, 2018 at 4:56 pm
    ///////////////////////////////////////////

So…..beat him, if you can. It’s just one guy. How hard can it be?
    /////////
    Vikes have Trae Waynes INT of Rodgers on a Monday night.Vikes have beaten Rodgers before, he doesn’t “Walk on Water”.

40. cheeseisfattening says:
    September 12, 2018 at 9:37 pm
    Lol why lie about the pain meds?
    –\l
    Because Rodgers is the Alex Rodriguez of football. His image is his number one concern and number 2 is not even close

——————————

Let me know when he tries to trademark a phrase like “you vike that.”

Then we can talk about who cares more about his image.

41. Rogers- you are talking to packer and Viking fans. We know what the eye gloss comes from. You were not sad after that game you were junked up. Why lie about sacking up, taking the shot of “adrenaline” and going back in. You also got the job done.

42. Let’s clear the air on a couple of things regarding Rodgers and the Bears game. First, A. Rodgers is and has been an elite top 10 QB of all time, that’s a given. Secondly, let’s stop with all the hype around the comeback, while it was an impressive effort some of the credit has to go to the fact the Bears need some new Corners and Safeties, there is now way guys should be that wide open. Bears hardly blitz in the 2nd half and where did K. Mack go in the 2nd half of that game, I honestly thought he was taken out of the game as the guy, as in Oakland disappeared for long stretches at a time. I mean he was missing in action. Finally the Bears scored 3 points in the 2nd half so while it was impressive it sure was not the greatest feat performed by a QB in the history of football. I highly doubt many other teams would have laid down so much as the Bears did in that game not to mention the bogus roughing the passer call on 3rd and forever so please, pretty please just stop already. Honestly the guy is becoming a bit of a drama queen the last couple of years.

43. “Bears harldy blitz in the second half”

“Bears scored 3 pts in second half”

============

Just because they didn’t get home in the second half does not mean they were not blitzing. The Packers O-line played much better in 2nd half and the Packers went up tempo which makes the pass rush less effective.

The Bears scored six points(not 3) in the 2nd half and you fail to give the Packers D any credit for that. Not a shock.

Some people who post here just don’t have enough knowledge of the game to be able to watch it and come away with a intelligent take. That’s ok. It is common here.

#100Seasons

#TitleTown

#GoPackGo!

44. I guess it’s hard for Bear and Viking fans to relate to the term franchise quarterback, and what it means to your team and fans. You have had a revolving door for quarterbacks, and even go as far to sign 40 year old Green Bay legends to get a taste of winning. Anyway I digress..regardless of whats been said, if Rodgers can play he will and it gives our team the best shot to win, and hey this year you have to protect your quarterback too!

45. My fellow Vikings fans are embarrassing.

The Packers defense looks vastly improved and during the Vikings game there were people I’ve never heard of running wide open down the field. Who is George Kittle? 5 receptions for 90 yards? And he’s no Jimmy Graham.

Let’s just cool it with the “our defense is the best to ever play the game” rhetoric until we can stop someone that people have actually heard of.

46. Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:
    September 12, 2018 at 5:20 pm

Aaron is used to dealing with Packer fans so he must think we’re all idiots. Does he really expect us to believe that he didn’t get any medication at halftime, and that he won’t get any before this week’s game? Does he really expect us to believe that he didn’t get any medication at halftime, and that he won’t get any before this week’s game?

++++++

I really don’t think he expects anything from you, and am certain he doesn’t care what you all believe. But the “all idiots” part ….rings true!

47. flviking says:
    September 12, 2018 at 6:53 pm

++++++

Packer commenters “always disappear” in mid-season?

The Packers have made the NFL playoffs 8 of the last 9 years, Right?

Would you like a do-over?