Jalen Ramsey on Gronk: I fear no man, he has to come line up on me

Getty Images

Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey will face Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski on the field on Sunday, and Ramsey isn’t backing off his past criticism of Gronk.

Told that some people think he’s crazy for calling Gronkowski overrated, Ramsey said he’s not intimidated.

“I might be crazy, I don’t care,” Ramsey said. “He’s good, don’t get it twisted, he’s good. You saying this to me is supposed to bring fear to me or something? I don’t fear no man, period. So he’s going to have to come out there and line up on me.”

Despite saying Gronkowski is good today, Ramsey said last month that he doesn’t think Gronk is good.

I don’t think Gronk’s good,” Ramsey said. “Let me say, I don’t think Gronk is as great as people think he is. . . . Any time Gronk has been matched up with a corner, he’s had a very bad game, and that corner has had a very good game.”

Gronk may be motivated to have a very good game against a cornerback who has said he is not very good.

102 responses to “Jalen Ramsey on Gronk: I fear no man, he has to come line up on me

1. In before the tears about how he doesn’t respect the game blah blah blah.

And before the OBJ killed him comments, 0 TD, Jags win. Sounds like Ramsey did his job to me.

2. Don’t be surprised to see some toss sweep action right — right at the forgetful loud-mouthed CB. This fool might get “tossed out the club” a few times on Sunday.

3. 4:30PM EST Sunday. National game (I think). Doug Marrone would being doing the whole country a favor if he just said, “Jalen, you have Gronk man-to-man the whole game…shadow him”. Grab the popcorn and see who comes out on top of that match up.

4. Nobody’s saying he didn’t do his job you buffoon, we’re just pointing out the fact that he did it poorly. Yes, that is a fact.

5. Maybe someday Gronk will have as many Super Bowl rings as Ramsey. It’s a good thing he already has a pretty good head start.

6. Funny how you think because the Jags won that Ramsey did his job, I guess letting the opponent catch EVERY pass is the job now?

7. Ramsey needs to shut up. He is a good player, but until his Jags actually win something, he needs to shut up and play.
    I predict Gronk will score two TD’s against the Jags and the Pats will win the game.
    And further — tell Ramsey to take some night classes in English while he’s at it.

8. First, in the off season, he says,”Gronk’s not good.” Then, come game time, he says, “Don’t get my words twisted — Gronk is good.”

Nah, he doesn’t sound scared to me.

9. Belichick [monotone]: Ramsey is a great player, I have a lot of respect for him. [Resumes taping Ramsey quotes to Gronk’s locker.]

10. Ralphie says:
    September 13, 2018 at 3:29 pm
    ————————–
    I think the coaches (both of them) just want to win the game. They worry the least who (TE or CB) comes on top.
    I am ok with Gronk having a bad game as long as the Pats win.

11. coltsreign says:
    September 13, 2018 at 3:29 pm
    “I fear no man”

Where’s Tom Coughlin the disciplinarian?

———————–

Senile Coughlin is living it up in the sun. Don’t be fooled. Nothing more than some dumb figurehead down there now.

12. It’s almost like you have to root for Ramsey because the Gen Xers on here will post “get off my lawn” posts in droves. They hate to see a confident athlete who isn’t afraid to talk trash in the spirit of competition. You’ve gotta love it.

13. Couple of things here if you aren’t keeping up. All of the comments that media has been reporting on (up until this Jalen comment) were said in GQ article over a month ago. Over the last month the media has done their best to make this sound like Jalen has been talking non-stop smack when in fact all of the comments (including comments on GronK and on several players in the NFL) were said over a month ago. I guess at the end of day the media got what they wanted….. 2 players making comments towards each other thru the media. Personally I don’t see the benefit in calling other players out. But seeing what one of Jalen Ramsey teammates in particular has gone thru over the past 4 year, I say go ahead Ramsey.

14. for a team that has done nothing in last 20 years, Jag fans sure do like to yak it up. on Monday morning they will be nowhere to be found on here

15. amurdora says:
    September 13, 2018 at 3:26 pm
    In before the tears about how he doesn’t respect the game blah blah blah.

Not sure what you’re talking about, on both counts. It has nothing to with respect for the game, it’s simply that Ramsey is a loudmouth punk who thinks he is better than he really is.

And if you watched the Giants game, OBJ did leave Ramsey in the dust on more than one occasion. In fact, OBJ made several good plays during the game, but we didn’t hear Ramsey’s name mentioned at all. He disappeared, much like he did in the AFC CG last year.

Whatever happens on Sunday happens. But I’m rooting for the Pats, and I hope Gronk teaches this little punk a lesson in football that he won’t forget soon.

16. Brady must laugh at these guys. Kordell Stewart, Joey Porter, Bart Scott, Mike Vanderjagt, Anthony Smith, Richard Sherman. The list goes on. The biggest mouth pieces in the game have come and gone in Brady’s 18 years. Jalen Ramsey was 7 years old when Brady won his first Super Bowl.

17. nyneal says:

==============================
    He is too busy, he is taking “Skating Level 1” lessons right now.

18. tylawspick6 says:
    September 13, 2018 at 3:38 pm

The teams instant success with Coughlin coming back to Jax was no fluke. Can understand your anger though after Couglin’s Giants upset the Pats perfect season and they also lost 2 superbowls to him.. lol…

19. Is there really jags fans commenting on a post. Good to see yall what’s it been about 10 years. 😂😂😂

20. How is it the majority of my comments that are constructive and relevant to the article I’m trying to comment on never make it past “moderation”? Yet every single page I click on (usually has nothing to do with the Patriots), a tylawspick6’s ignorant post makes it through? I think that guy needs a gag-ball more than Ramsey does.

21. No offense, but stating that you need to play your elite cover man on a tight-end is justification for how good Gronk actually is. He’s too big for most corners to play in man coverage, and too fast for most linebackers. So when you require one of the elite cover corners in the NFL to shadow him for the entire day, you are admitting that he is the best tight end in the NFL.

22. Jalen GRONK is an internationally known superstar of the league with Rings. You play for a team which can’t keep it together. No one would even remember who you are if it wasn’t for playing the PATS.

23. dan pike says:
    September 13, 2018 at 3:41 pm
    “I fear no man”

Neither did Billy in Predator,and look how that turned out

….Ramsey better “Get to dee choppa !”

24. damadhatterb says:
    September 13, 2018 at 4:04 pm

———————-

I’ve learned a while ago that there is no rhyme or reason to the moderation on this site.

25. rangersco says:
    September 13, 2018 at 3:52 pm
    Gives up over 100 yards and a TD to OBJ who had not played a game in a year, he is an overrated wanna be squirt hockey player

—————

I had no idea what you were talking about here, so I googled it. What a clown.

26. Belichick [monotone]: Ramsey is a great player, I have a lot of respect for him. [Resumes reviewing illicit tapes of Jag’s practices.]

Fixed it for you…

27. Hey smart-guys. Watch the game. Jags were playing zone and Giants were running OBJ out of Ramsey’s zone on 90% of his catches.

28. I dislike Gronk he is a total meathead but i hope he takes this punk Ramsey to the wood shed and teaches him a lesson.

Plenty of keyboard meatheads that could use a can of whoopa$$ too. Pats are gonna throw the Jags outta the club Sunday.

29. Too bad this place doesn’t allow pictures because you should have seen his face after he lost the AFC Championship game. All after opening his mouth and spewing nonsense. I can’t wait to see this BOY cry again. He needs to grow up.

30. Jalens beet quiet for a short while.
    Glad he’s back to uttering stupid things, they are funny.
    Have fun with Gronk, maybe you hold him to just 1 TD.
    Enjoy him spiking it in the endzone.

31. The Jalen Ramsey led defense laid an ostrich egg in the 4th quarter, and Gronk wasn’t even in the game. Good luck to them with a healthy Gronk.

32. youngnoize – Gen Xers were alive when Deion Sanders was in his prime. They know all about trash talkers. Ramsey is a fool, whom hasn’t done anything to warrant his arrogance. Let him cover Gronk all game. That way when the ball goes in another direction, he gets obliterated by Gronk on a blindside block – Kurt-Warner-style.

33. cheapseater says:
    September 13, 2018 at 4:26 pm

Yeah that would be wrong

From PFF

Ramsey marked Beckham on 31 passing plays Sunday and surrendered six on catches on 9 targets for 87 yards

34. I thought Conglin put duct tape on his loud mouth for the season. He just can’t keep his big mouth shut. Maybe
    Gronk will shut him up permanently with a forearm shiver.

35. I think a lot of these corners try to speak their greatness into existence,when in fact ther now where as good as they say they are ,,ie Josh Norman ,Richard Sherman ,and the finger wagging Jalen Mills

36. I’m surprised doug Marrone or Coughlin haven’t shut him up yet considering they are not boisterous coaches. Jalen brings with Rex Ryan…both run their mouths. And while Jalen backs up his talk, he hasn’t won a THING…….so put a sock in it..cover GRONK all day, leave James white, and NEWCOMER Kenjon Barner open in the back field for screens…..

After the final score…If you win run your mouth. Otherwise SHUT IT.

37. “They hate to see a confident athlete who isn’t afraid to talk trash in the spirit of competition. You’ve gotta love it.”

If the situation were reversed and Gronk was doing the trash talking you and everyone else not a Pats fan would be making posts like “Gronk is totally classless”, “the Pats are so classless to let Gronk talk like that”

38. “I’m more interested in the front 7 against the pats o-line. I think Brady is going to have a long day”

Pats Oline trounced the Texans Dline last week, and the Houston Dline is one of the best in the league. I wouldn’t count on that if I were you.

39. If the situation were reversed and Gronk was doing the trash talking you and everyone else not a Pats fan would be making posts like “Gronk is totally classless”, “the Pats are so classless to let Gronk talk like that

Nailed it

40. Ramsey will probably get some help shutting Gronk down but I fear he may actually get the job done. Even though most trash talkers don’t do well versus the Pats there are exceptions see Richard Sherman, Terrell Suggs, and the Eagles last year for examples. Should be the game of the week.

41. He’s not wrong. Gronk is good, not great. Most overrated TE in the league. He’s made of glass, is a huge distraction and he’s a dirty player who jumps on downed players well after the whistle like it’s NFL Blitz. If he didn’t get away with OPI every play, he would have 1/5 of his production. Refs make him look better than he is.

42. Ramsey guaranteed Brady and Gronk will have plenty of motivation for this game. I wonder how much talking Ramsey will do after the game if he gets burnt like three-day old toast.

43. Patriots fannyboys are going to be doing a LOT of whining and crying here if the refs don’t give them this game again.

Kind of like Brady after every failed 3rd down.

44. Ramsey, like every diva, treats the game like it’s 1-on-1 basketball.

While you’re occupied with shutting down Gronk, the rest of the Patriots will be grateful to not have to worry about the other team’s top corner, and will win the game. Again.

45. I love Jalen Ramsey and I love Gronk. I love great football players. These two are HOFers. Ramsey borrowed words from the greatest, Dr. Martin Luther King. “I’m not fearing any man”

46. High water mark…….

I hope everyone remembers Shawn Williams getting tossed for that play on Andrew Luck last Sunday.

That play sets the high water mark now for unnecessary roughness calls, and I expect some Jags to get tossed Sunday for similar plays…….

47. Blake Bum will throw multiple picks and out of frustration I expect the cheap shot artists of Jacksonville to show up. Either way, the Patriots will beat the brakes off the Jaguars.

48. youngnoizecom says:

September 13, 2018 at 3:26 pm

Love Jalen.
    ——————-
    Well of course you do.

49. superpatriotsfan says:
    September 14, 2018 at 3:11 pm
    The New England Patriots have another record that will never be broken……
    ———
    And yet they are in your head. Full time.