Packers could be missing Davante Adams, too

AP

With all the talk about whether quarterback Aaron Rodgers will play on Sunday against the Vikings, another injured Packer has gone unnoticed.

Receiver Davante Adams has a shoulder injury, and it’s bad enough that he didn’t practice on Wednesday.

Adams had five catches for 88 yards and an extra-effort touchdown in Sunday night’s stirring win over the Bears.

The Packers will issue injury reports on Thursday and Friday in advance of Sunday’s NFC North showdown.

59 responses to “Packers could be missing Davante Adams, too

1. Davante during his locker media time yesterday said he should be good to go Sunday.

He thinks he will practice later in the week(maybe today) With Aaron not practicing yesterday, it is not really as important for the WR’s to practice with Kizer, who most likely won’t be playing in the game.

2. It doesn’t really matter. My Vikings let some dude named George Kittle catch 5 passes for 90 yards last week, and it took 4 turnovers to win against a guy that has started 7 games.

The game was still in doubt until 2 minutes left in the game!!!

Show me another team that is plus 4 in the turnover column and barely wins.

3. In the 8 games that the Packers have played Zimmer coached Viking defense, Adams BEST day is 5 catches for 54 yards with no TD’s He’s only had 3 TD’s in all 8 of those games.

He didn’t play in the cold in Lambeau Field last year with Brett Hundley tossing the rock.

In the other 7 games, all with Rodgers as his starting QB, he’s averaged 33 yards per game on an average of 3 catches.

Non factor if he plays or not.

4. arealisticvikingsfan says:
    September 13, 2018 at 10:12 am

The game was still in doubt until 2 minutes left in the game!!!

Show me another team that is plus 4 in the turnover column and barely wins

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Even packer fans are embarrassed that one of their own are pretending to be a Viking fan. I know the Vikings have a few that pretend to be packer fans, desperate cry for help. But you’re right Kittle embarrassed Hughes. He needs to tighten that up.

5. Alan Light says:
    September 13, 2018 at 10:07 am

Extra Effort TD=Blatant push off ignored by Officials….
    ___________________________________________

Um, that was Geronimo Allison, not Davante Adams. Nonetheless, glad to see that you get triggered by Packers articles, on a daily basis. This is pure theater, for the rest of us. Enjoy.

6. It’s the Vikings against the cheese in Green Bay, the NFL won’t allow the Vikes to win no matter the circumstances. I mean, if they go into an offseason and makes rule changes on one specific player, you know the league is corrupted in favor of the cheese. The Diva is the Golden Boy of the most protected team in sports history. Should rename them the Green Bay Black Rhinos, and the slogan should be, Protected.

7. arealisticvikingsfan says:
    September 13, 2018 at 10:12 am

The game was still in doubt until 2 minutes left in the game!!!

Show me another team that is plus 4 in the turnover column and barely wins.
    __________

In the interest of accuracy, the Vikings were plus 3 on turnovers because Dalvin Cook fumbled deep in 49ers territory.

You and your other screen names really seem to put a lot of stock in how close the Vikings’ game was last week. Did you notice how close the Packer game was against a terrible Bears team?

8. Alan Light.
    I went back and took still shots by frame of each Packers touchdown against the Bears and multiple penalties could have been called on each TD. I will list them here: Offensive Pass Interference, Hands to the Face by Offensive Lineman, Holding by offensive lineman. Yacker Fans need to realize that Trubisky missed multiple palys with open recievers in the end zone that would have put this game way way way out of reach for even the man that walks on water. Cohen on a fat packers to the corner of the end zone, Burton I think WIDE open in middle of end zone and then the play where Kyle Fuller drops the sure pick six that would have sealed the game. I would not feel real good about facing the Vikings this week. Skol and Go Bears.

9. Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:

——-

Other screen names? I don’t know what you mean. I had an old screen name… it was In Teddy We Trust. But Teddy isn’t a Viking so I’ve changed it.

The Packers did just barely beat the Bears. I feel like the bears have a pretty good defense though. Last year they were in the top 10 and this year they’ve added a pretty good player in Khalil Mack.

My point is that we (you, and my other fellow Vikings fans) keep talking about our team like it’s the best to ever play, when we didn’t look like it on Sunday.

10. Wyboe: Notwithstanding the slightly biased eye with which you performed your painstaking analysis….you didn’t happen to take still frame shots of the Bears’ touchdown plays did you? No, I didn’t think so.

11. LOL all of the Packer fans with a thumbs down to the “Next Man Up” post. But when Bridgewater was out for the season, those same Packer fans said “no excuses”. Well, Buck Up Packer fans.

12. Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:
    September 13, 2018 at 10:31 am
    arealisticvikingsfan says:
    September 13, 2018 at 10:12 am

The game was still in doubt until 2 minutes left in the game!!!

Show me another team that is plus 4 in the turnover column and barely wins.
    __________

****

It also doesn’t matter the Vikings were up 24-6 with 31 seconds left in the 3rd quarter, and then they only allowed a FG in the fourth… to win by 8 points. None of that matters. Apparently the Vikings need to win by more than 8 points for it to be considered a legitimate win.

13. “I went back and took still shots frame by frame”

==============

Dude said I went back and took still shots frame by frame😃

These fools really put in hard time to try and come up with excuses as to why the Packers won a game😂

I think that game Sunday Night actually stung Vikings fans more than Bears fans.

Too funny!

14. Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:
    Did you notice how close the Packer game was against a terrible Bears team?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    I'm not going to give the Bears offense a thumbs up,…. but if that front 7 on defense can stay healthy and they shore up the defensive backfield they're a legit threat to any teams offense.Wait till Mack gets comfortable,… ouch ! Too bad Minn doesn't see Chicago until week 11.

15. Alan Light says:
    September 13, 2018 at 10:07 am
    Extra Effort TD=Blatant push off ignored by Officials….

The touchdown refered to here included no contact, except at the line of scrimmage, where it’s legal and at the end of the play, initiated by the Chicago DB. For all the whining Packers haters accuse their fans of here, the amount of whining – especially from Vikings fans, is excruciating.

16. This is a game we simply cannot win. Zimmer has Rodgers number. He got the win 3 of the last 4 times a healthy Rodgers started against Zimmer’s stout defense.

The Vikings toyed with the 49ers and the game was never in doubt. Meanwhile, we struggled against a bad Bears team with a brand new coach and our offensive line was totally dominated by a player who had about three days to learn their playbook.

I see this one getting ugly. If McCarthy were smart, he’d bench all of our valuable starters for their own safety. We have a very easy schedule outside of the Vikings, Rams and Patriots. Let’s rest up for the games we can win.

17. arealisticvikingsfan says:
    September 13, 2018 at 10:41 am

__________

Sorry, I was In Teddy We Trust. I’ve had many screen names over the years but always only one at a time. I like to keep it fresh. And I’ve never pretended to be a fan of another team. Only the lowest form of troll would do that.

Yeah, the Bears do have a pretty good defense. Not good enough to catch a gift interception and walk it into the end zone, but pretty good. I don’t expect the Bears to be as good as the 49ers, though. Not that last week’s results mean anything to this week.

The problem with you Packer fans is that you think a Viking fan saying the Vikings are better than the Packers is equivalent to saying the Vikings are the best team to ever play. I have news for you. Being better than the Packers isn’t as high a bar as you think.

18. Show me another team that is plus 4 in the turnover column and barely wins.

—-

I’ll show you one with +5 and tied rather than won: my beloved Cleveland Browns.

19. I will miss the delusional packer fan posts after Sunday…they always disappear for weeks on end after a loss.

20. Curiously, the Packers defense allowed one early TD and then merely two field goals over the last 40 minutes of the game.
    But … their defense is … trash? It couldn’t be that it took the DC a few series to adjust to some of the odd formations they were seeing from the bears?

Nope. The Packers are just bad, according to Vikes fans.

21. Nobody wants to play the Vikings, I understand.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Packers fans have no issues on Packer Viking weeks.
    What we hate are the Viking trolls with outlandish puffing of their chests. Geez,… act like you've been there before. How many Super Bowls do you have ?? I forget,…. lol

22. “it’s bad enough that he didn’t practice on Wednesday”

–Yeah him and a hundred other guys. Wednesday has always been a rest day for guys who are a little banged up.

23. I forgot about that fumble. I guess I’m just getting brainwashed to believe that he’s Adrian Peterson 2.0.

—–

You would be a lot funnier if you didn’t make stuff up, or actually watched the games. How do you expect Vikings fans to act? Sit around and hate our team until it wins a SB? That’s not how supporting a team works. It’s a simple fact the Vikings are a very good team. It’s not like it’s only Vikings fans that think this. Many former players and media members think the Vikings are really good.

On Cook. To start, he is nothing like Peterson. Cook can pass block and catch a ball. But if you look purely at the numbers, Cook is off to a better career than AP. That’s simple numbers.

You bring up Kittle and the “close” game. First off, as my buddy reminded me, “somebody is going to have to catch the football.” Besides that, you clearly didn’t watch the game. It was never close. Besides that, I don’t think you can put much weight in ANY week 1 game as most of the starters played very little in the preseason. More evidence you didn’t watch the game…the Vikings starting corner (Waynes) left with an injury forcing a rookie, that hasn’t practiced outside corner, to play that position. That led to un undrafted rookie as the nickel corner, until Zimmer replaced him with Kearse, a safety, that has never taken reps at nickel. With 2 players playing out of position, one of them being a rookie, you are bound to give up a few shots, and they did, but they still played well and won the game. If you are going to criticize the Vikings, at least look up some numbers and watch the games instead of simply looking at a box score and making stuff up.

24. Alan Light says:
    September 13, 2018 at 10:07 am
    Extra Effort TD=Blatant push off ignored by Officials….

——

Viking tears are delicious.

Congrats on having all the built in excuses loaded up and ready in case the Packers somehow miraculously win.

I would think as good as the Vikings are that wouldn’t be necessary but hey, there’s the insurance.

Roger and the NFL want the Packers to win. The packer will hold all game. The Packers will not be allowed to lose at Lambeau.

Blah Blah Blah

25. Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:

——-

Oh, I know who you were/are. I picked that specific moniker specifically.

We have here a Vikings fan admitting to multiple screen names, everyone!

Proof positive.

26. tokyosandblaster says:

September 13, 2018 at 11:39 am

Nope. The Packers are just bad, according to Vikes fans
    —————————–
    A more accurate statement is that Rodgers masks a bad packers roster.
    We have proof.
    The 2017 season and this past Sunday night.

27. My initial reaction is; no chance.

… but this is exactly the type of thing the Packers Staff does. There isn’t a more conservative training staff in the business.

28. George Kittle drops a wide open bomb against the Vikings. Packer fans: “THE VIKINGS ONLY WON BY 8 POINTS, AND KITTLE DROPPED A PROBABLE TOUCHDOWN PASS!”

Kyle Fuller drops the easiest int from Rogders. Packer fans: “WHAT A HEROIC VICTORY!”

29. tokyosandblaster says:
    September 13, 2018 at 11:39 am

Nope. The Packers are just bad, according to Vikes fans.
    _________

Actually, we don’t put much stock in what happens Week 1. It’s you guys who are trying to convince yourselves that the quality of your Week 1 victory was better than the quality of the Vikings’ Week 1 victory.

I’m sure the Packers’ defense is very good this year. After all, they shut down Mitch Trubisky, didn’t they?

30. arealisticvikingsfan says:
    September 13, 2018 at 12:06 pm

Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:

——-

Oh, I know who you were/are. I picked that specific moniker specifically.

We have here a Vikings fan admitting to multiple screen names, everyone!

Proof positive.
    __________

Congratulations! Everybody knows who I am and I’ve never hidden it. The wit and intelligence of my comments is instantly recognizable.

I’ve also been Rick Spielman is a Magician, Thankheavenfornumberseven, and a few others I forget. I usually change the name when I’ve gone a long stretch of having comments blocked. Just a superstitious thing, I guess.

Now why don’t you admit that you’re Minneanderthals?

31. Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:
    September 13, 2018 at 10:27 am
    stellarperformance says:
    September 13, 2018 at 9:52 am

Next Man Up.
    _______
    That’s a good attitude to have, until you realize that the next man up is Marquez Valdes-Scantling or Equanimeous St. Brown.

+++++++

Coming from a fanbase that thinks Brandon Zylstra, undrafted from Concordia college – is “gonna be awesome” and claimed Kendall Wright was some kind of genius signing.

32. Alan Light says:
    September 13, 2018 at 11:38 am

—–

Don’t recall seeing you all off season

38-7

33. Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:
    September 13, 2018 at 1:09 pm

+++++++

Or when the guy whose name you picked and who you championed as being better than he was doesn’t even get offered a contract although the head coach “loves him”. Stuff like that.

34. Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:
    September 13, 2018 at 1:09 pm
    arealisticvikingsfan says:
    September 13, 2018 at 12:06 pm

Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:

——-

Oh, I know who you were/are. I picked that specific moniker specifically.

We have here a Vikings fan admitting to multiple screen names, everyone!

Proof positive.
    __________

_____

LOL

Your self absorbed opinion of yourself on an internet forum full of children is mind blowing.

But you did get me on the wit this one time.

35. packertruth says:
    September 13, 2018 at 1:24 pm

———————-

Now that’s funny – I don’t care who you are…

36. Packer truth, still haven’t answered the question. You have no credibility. You make a statement, I call you on your statement and ask you to back up your statement…….bird chirps is all I hear. I’m calling my shot right now. Danielle Hunter NFC defPlayer of the week

37. calivike says:
    September 13, 2018 at 1:52 pm

Packer truth, still haven’t answered the question. You have no credibility.
    +++++

I answered you weeks ago. The question was “in my lifetime name one team who drafted a QB in the first round despite having an ALL-pro QB in his mid-20s.”

Started forward from 1966, stopped at the 69 Chargers who drafted a qb in the first round despite having all-pro John Hadl on the roster.

38. Actually, Rob, if you took time to read your fellow Vikings fans comments, you’d see that Vikings fans seem to be putting a lot of stock in what they thought they saw in week 1.

But I’m sure the Vikings offense is much improved. After all, they put 17 points up on the fearsome 49ers defense, right?

39. Now they’re arguing over screen names. Give it a break! Your opinions don’t matter either regardless of which screen name you log in with.

40. tokyosandblaster says:

__________________________________________________

Could it be that Trubisky missed open receivers all night? Yes the D & Oline are trash.

41. Jack, you’re so astute. I mean, if you look at what all the football analysts are saying, the Packers defense played really well.

But you—you alone—know better.

Is it hard being that arrogant? To think you know better than all of the football analysts?

42. I guess you think a QB coming off a 39TD 11 int season is comparable to 27/32 and a 47% comp%. That explains a lot. I think your Green Bay front office worthy. Better hurry up with that application.

43. calivike says:
    September 13, 2018 at 5:29 pm

Packer truth, I said NFL QB. Leave it to you to name an AFL QB coming off a 27 TD 32 Int. season in his 8th year in the league.

calivike says:
    August 19, 2018 at 9:42 pm

Hey packer truth, name one team in your lifetime that has used a 1st round pick on a QB when they had a mid 20 rear old coming off a pro bowl season? I’ll check back to see who you came up with

+++++

You were mistaken. Cheers. I consider this matter closed.