Aaron Rodgers returns to practice

Getty Images

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers returned to practice today for the first time since his Week One knee injury, increasing his chances of playing tomorrow against the Vikings.

Rodgers was on the practice field, according to multiple reports, and that would indicate that he should be good to go. The Packers have indicated that they’ll see how he feels tomorrow before making a final decision.

The Packers use a different practice schedule than most NFL teams and do a fuller practice on Saturdays, so Rodgers was able to get in a good amount of work today.

After shaking off his injury and leading the Packers to a come-from-behind victory over the Bears last week, Rodgers said there was no doubt in his mind that he would play against the Vikings. There’s been some doubt in other people’s minds, but today’s news would seem to suggest that Rodgers is likely to play tomorrow.

123 responses to “Aaron Rodgers returns to practice

1. I am not afraid to admit I don’t want him to play. It would make it easier for MN to win. Better shot at home field and then when they play at US Bank Stadium, they can play Rodgers.

Take a win the easiest way you can get them.

2. We are all so happy that Aaron practiced. Now all we need to do is make sure the covered wagons can get the Vikings to Green Bay.

3. I see there is getting on whether Rodgers plays tomorrow. If Rodgers does not have a good game tomorrow what are the odds he doesn’t blame it on his knee? Cleveland has better odds to win the Super Bowl .It will be the Packer fans mantra for the rest of the season.

4. Aaron has a plan. He wants to throw an interception so he can go after Barr and block him into Lake Michigan. Aaron is a mean man.

5. Wow. Has Rodgers milked every ounce of this so-called injury. He’s kept his name in the headlines nonstop for a week now. Mission accomplished!

6. Green Bay’s medical staff will have extra carts available for Aaron now that he is ready to play. He likes to ride in those. He thinks it’s fun.

7. I don’t know who the Packers think they are fooling. Anyone w/half a brain knows it will take an act of God to keep Rogers from playing on Sunday.

8. Vikings fans lying that they are happy he is playing in 1 2 3…

Doc McKenzie will check Aaron in the morning to see how his knee responded to a full day of practice and 90 mins before kickoff it will be announced that he is playing.

Ok? So can you stop obsessing on it now Vikings fans? You trolls should all meet and get your talking points straight. You have conflicting conspiracy theories. It is really hilarious to witness all the lies here by Vikings fans who are so obviously VERY AFRAID!

#100Seasons

#LambeauGonnaBeRockin’

#GoPackGo!

9. I am not afraid to admit I don’t want him to play. It would make it easier for MN to win. Better shot at home field and then when they play at US Bank Stadium, they can play Rodgers.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I too am a Vikings fan. But I’d rather Rogers plays. I don’t want excuses from either side, and when my team wins I want to know they player the best that the other side has to offer.

10. Please, as if he wasnt going to play. I like Rodgers and what him to play vs viking and always knew he would. He even said I will play next week. The whole thing feels like a stunt. I know it’s not but c’mon. Feels like were trying to drum up ratings.

11. I can see a lot of no huddle offense for the Packers on Sunday.
    It wears out the oppositions defense front 7. That’s what won the game last week against Da Bears and Chicago knows it. They were gassed and couldn’t get off the blocks.
    It gave Aaron that extra couple seconds to find a target.

12. Aaron practicing is cause for celebration in itself.
    He gives us a chance.

Which Applebee’s should we go to and celebrate? East or west?

13. What is Aaron going to do when the pocket collapses? His damaged knee won’t stand moving sideways. Maybe he can do a handstand and run upside down, then throw with his foot. Yeah, that’s it. That will work.

14. “I think we are getting ahead of ourselves w/”Home Field” talk. I think we should at least play a game or 9 before we get excited about playoffs.”

well said, maybe 12 or 13 games even.

15. Hopefully he plays- I don’t want any excuses. Besides, it would suck if he had to miss his Super Bowl.
    ////////////////////
    As a Viking fan you should be use to these kind of Super Bowls.

16. CheeseisGoodforYou! says:
    September 15, 2018 at 1:26 pm
    I can see a lot of no huddle offense for the Packers on Sunday.
    It gave Aaron that extra couple seconds to find a target.

//////////

Good point however, the front four has a rotation that Zim has them in. Heard Everson talk about it last week when he was mic’ed up

17. That knees ok you cry baby. All a sham to try derail the Vikes. Good knee or bad knee your going lose.. And The Vikes D are adding insult to injury to china doll Rodgers.

18. knew8411 says:
    September 15, 2018 at 1:16 pm
    _____________

Oh, but there will be excuses, guaranteed, if the Packers win.
    It has always come down to the Barneys favorite fall back position, officiating.

The Barneys can never just admit that they were just soundly beaten by Green Bay.
    There is always a bad interference penalty that was called against them or one that is not called though it should have been.
    Or the always nondescript, Packers always get away with holding.
    No examples necessary since it always happens. (In their tiny minds)
    They’ve already been whining about it in several threads before the season’s even started.

They trot out a litany of excuses from poor officiating, to the grand NFL conspiracy to help the Packers win games over them.
    Excuses are the backbone of Barney fandom.
    It’s how they justify 57 years of bad/mediocre football.
    They trot them out during every loss and I fully expect to hear a boatload of the again come Sunday.

19. It really doesn’t mean anything that he showed up to practice, was it open to the media to see? Highly doubt it. Was it Han Solo who said “Good against remotes is one thing. Good against the living, that’s something else.” Like the article said “increasing his chances of playing tomorrow against the Vikings”. This is good I WANT to see him play, contrary to what Packer fans think. He still is listed as questionable, his mobility and being able to to put weight on his left leg will certainly determine his success. This will not be a quarter and a half of football but 4 quarters. Thus, the plot thickens.

20. Just amazing to me how fast Viking fans pounce on new stories must be nothing else to do in Minnesota, Aaron Rodgers is a MVP Super Bowl champion QB something you don’t have and probably never will , Rodgers will win another Super Bowl before the Vikings ever will , you can make all your cute remarks calling him a diva and what have you but you can never change the fact that he is a Super Bowl MVP . You all need to get a life.

21. Ya know, Green Bay fans are pretty savvy. We knew Aaron would play in this game all along. We just don’t know in what inning they’ll put in the reliever.

22. wafflestomp says:
    September 15, 2018 at 2:03 pm
    knew8411 says:
    September 15, 2018 at 1:16 pm
    _____________

Oh, but there will be excuses, guaranteed, if the Packers win.

Or the always nondescript, Packers always get away with holding.
    No examples necessary since it always happens. (In their tiny minds)

Excuses are the backbone of Barney fandom.
    It’s how they justify 57 years of bad/mediocre football.

////////

Really ready for some Packers fans excuses 3 2 1

Rodgers was injured, and he prolly is. That’s not why the WRs can not get open. #RhodesClosed

They cheated, it was a dirty hit on Barr, but Clay can almost toss a game away for you with a personal foul on 4th down.

McCarthy did not call the right plays, should of ran more.

Its Danica, she’s keeping him up late and he doesn’t study the playbook. I’ll let Rodgers slide on this one because I wouldn’t be inside a playbook either.

But But But Packers have 13 World Championships so Packers win by default

He hit Aaron its a penalty that wasn’t called

I wonder ho many times Rodgers will throw up a prayer tomorrow and get a PI call, that will be about the only way he can move the ball.

Rhodes was holding Cobb

23. What’s the over/under on how long it takes a Vikings defender to tee off on Rodgers for a late hit?

Second drive of the game? Second play of the game? Seconds into the game?

24. “That’s what won the game last week against Da Bears and Chicago knows it. ”

Allison’s push off helped. So did all of the OL holding. The equalizer is that MN has better CBs than Chicago.

25. I’ve always heard about Packer fans calling Viking fans the worst group of fans in the NFL.
    And after following a few articles this week, it’s very easy to see why.
    It’s almost as if you are praying for a Rodgers injury. Sad.
    For a fan base that’s never won, well, really anything, you all sure come off as an extremely annoying and obnoxious bunch.
    Not that any of this will mean anything to any of you, as I’m sure most of this will fall on deaf ears.
    The ones that usually shout the loudest are usually the ones that never listen.

26. I’d be more concerned if he hadn’t suited up until game time. At least he feels good enough to hit the practice field. If the injury gets aggravated or he reinjures himself, Kizer must step up. He needs to show us he’s more than Hundley II.

Don’t forget, it’s only the second game of the year. The risks are high: You have a chance to start the season with two divisional wins? It doesn’t get any better than that.

Keeping the faith……..Go Pack Go!

27. Bucyou56 says:
    September 15, 2018 at 3:04 pm
    And after following a few articles this week, it’s very easy to see why.
    It’s almost as if you are praying for a Rodgers injury. Sad.
    The ones that usually shout the loudest are usually the ones that never listen.
    —————————————————————————————————————————-
    Vikings and Packers fans actually get along pretty well. They are pretty much the same kind of people except Vikings fans have a little better level of education and hygiene. Otherwise, very similar.
    But all of the Buccaneer fans I know really like to eat meat. And I’m not talking about the kind you get at a butcher or grocery store.

28. wafflestomp says:
    September 15, 2018 at 2:03 pm

Oh, but there will be excuses, guaranteed, if the Packers win.
    Or the always nondescript, Packers always get away with holding.
    No examples necessary since it always happens. (In their tiny minds)

Excuses are the backbone of Barney fandom.
    It’s how they justify 57 years of bad/mediocre football.
    ______________________

xargscutgrep says:
    September 15, 2018 at 2:50 pm

______________________

Thank you for illustrating my earlier point.
    There will be all this and a whole lot more should Green Bay win tomorrow.
    And that’s guaranteed!

29. wafflestomp says:
    September 15, 2018 at 2:03 pm

Oh, but there will be excuses, guaranteed, if the Packers win.
    ———-
    Obviously, you missed training camp where an NFL official told the Vikings you can’t touch Aaron Rodgers like that anymore.

Logic says the officials will protect Rodgers, given that they created a new flag for him.

30. Aaron will have to be extra careful when he’s going back to pass. You know the Vikings will be out to finish the job of wrecking that knee.

31. And Zonkers, you’ve obviously missed the fact that Vikings management whined so excessively to the competition committee, they finally felt compelled to change the way defensive offside penalty was enforced.
    Having officials simply blow it dead rather than the way it’s always been called.
    All in the name of stopping one particular player who was so good at exploiting it, teams in the division bitterly complained to change it because they simply couldn’t combat it.

32. mrdarkness13 says:
    >>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<
    Da Bears were rotating the front 4 regularly when they got the chance. Just remember,….. when ARod gets the no huddle going he tends to snap the ball quickly to catch the defense with 12 men on the field. I remember a game when Favre had a bum ankle, couldn't move and destroyed the other team with 5 TD passes. Quick strikes and screens. History will repeat itself.

33. screamingyellowzonkers says:
    September 15, 2018 at 3:39 pm

__________

Actually, logic says they will call the game evenly and fairly, like they typically do.

34. rossalaninps says:
    Vikings and Packers fans actually get along pretty well.
    >>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<
    You must be dreaming. Over the past several years the GB Police have arrested numerous Vikings fans for assault, fighting, and other crimes. It's fact. I believe it was 5 years ago a father /son combo Vikings fans were arrested for aggravated assault. The two of them jumped a Packer fan in a parking lot across from Lambeau. I believe the dad ended up doing 6 months in the Brown Cty jail. We had 3 cops from MPLS get fired because of a disturbance they created downtown. The MPLS mayor saw the surveillance video,… fired them immediately. Now tell me how well Viking fans are behaved. Bears fans are nowhere near that violent if at all. We actually enjoy Bears fans,… nice people and they enjoy it at Lambeau. We give them a little good hearted grief and then invite them for a beer. And they love it.

35. xargscutgrep says:
    September 15, 2018 at 2:50 pm

Allison’s push off helped.
    _____________

he didn’t push of any more than kyle Rudolph did in the end zone, but i suppose acknowledging that does not help your cause of “only the Packers don’t get flagged” foundation you are building in case minn. Loses tommorow.

36. Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 1:54 pm
    That’s good news so @free can get some sleep tonight. Too bad Cousins, Cook, Murray, Diggs, Thielen, and Rudolph are all playing also.

————-

I know Cousins…..he’s the overpaid guy who can’t beat a winning team. Who are the rest of those guys?

37. The Vikings superbowl is tommorow, if you dont believe me read several of the comments this week.

To the sane fans, good luck, hope both teams come out healthy and may the best team.win.

38. nhpats says:
    September 15, 2018 at 5:00 pm
    Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 1:54 pm

————-

////:://////////////

Your shtick is getting old. You keep on with the same narrative. You and tlawpick6 are one in the same.

39. beerbratscheese says:
    September 15, 2018 at 4:08 pm
    screamingyellowzonkers says:
    September 15, 2018 at 3:39 pm

__________

————
    Except for that “dirty” hit thing from last year, that has lead to the new Aaron Rodgers penalty.

40. He’s playing. Since 90% of Packer fans have said that even a one-legged, less than 100% can beat the over-rated Vikings, then promise that you won’t use Rodgers injury as an excuse when the Packers lose.
    With or without Aaron, I like the Vikings chances tomorrow. Time for talk is over. Mano a mano. Can’t wait for them to finally tee it up and play. Prediction: Vikings 31, Packers 13. SKOL!!!!!!!!

41. longtimefanh8tr says:
    September 15, 2018 at 1:57 pm
    ////////////////////

As a Viking fan you should be use to these kind of Super Bowls.

________

I am. But it was Bud Grant that first said, “It’s their Super Bowl” when referring to an upcoming game against the Packers. So I’m not claiming I coined the term- it’s Bud’s. But thanks though.

42. shaggytoodle says:
    September 15, 2018 at 5:14 pm

———————————————

Funny when the green and yellows take something Bud Grant said about the Packers 40 years ago and try to make it their own. That burn must still feel pretty fresh east of the river. Don’t worry the 70s and 80s will be back soon if not already.

43. The Barney’s are 100% having a full blown anxiety attack over this game.

Mr. Darkness is now trying to say Aaron didn’t actually practice. And he is serious. This is next level stuff I tell you.😀

Aaron will have pain and his movement is limited. This will be the case for 2-4 weeks, but he can play during that time. Now some Vikings troll will say the injury is very serious and will not heal all season. Make up your minds! I thought you fools said he faked the injury and he isn’t even hurt.

#LambeauWillBeRockin’

#2018GBPackers

#GoPackGo!

44. flviking says:
    September 15, 2018 at 5:18 pm
    //////////////////////////////

You, of all,people, can make an accusation like that and be serious? You take delusional to a different level.

45. , it would suck if he had to miss his Super Bowl.
    _________

Rodgers has a ring and an mvp from a superbowl, he knows what real ones are anout… i suppose that complex viking fans want to inflate their ego to make this have that.”BIG game” feel since the only thing they got from a SB was a loss… and the last time that happened “Star Wars a New hope” debuted in theatres.

46. Love all the Vikings fan here claiming Rodgers was high during the game. Ignorance. I work with an orthopedic surgeon who was on the Atlanta Falcons staff just a couple years ago. I asked him about this. He said only his knee was numbed and there is no way they would give anything that would alter someone’s mind playing actively in a game. Far too dangerous, and just stupid. I guess since Vikings fans live their lives as drunks, they may perform just the same, but not an elite athlete, much less a quarterback who has to process so much. Have another beer Vikings Orthopaedic experts. Thanks for your contributions.

47. rossalaninps says:
    September 15, 2018 at 3:27 pm

*************

Yes, I can see by your rather unrefined vulgarity that Packer fans are indeed exactly right about you Viking fans.
    I would imagine your terrible reaction is an involuntary response to your team’s entire lack of success since it’s conception.
    All I can really respond is that I wish your team another 50 years of NFL obscurity.
    It would be most deserving, I’m sure.

48. Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 5:31 pm

//////////////////////

If I were you Minnysota fans, I would never bring up the 70’s and 80’s. Why you young fans ask? Because your dull expansion club made it to four (4) Super Bowls and lost every one of them. That’s right..four of them…how pathetic is that. Yet, you Barneys talk smack and try to make up for the humiliation of NO Championships by whining about rule changes, Packer Fans and your own shortcomings.

I can’t wait to watch Cousins try to say “You Vike That” with a mouth full of Lambeau turf.

49. Wow, reading all these comments and you can tell that the green and yellow are all on edge, it’s understandable Rodgers is going to be knocked out of the game again possibly season ending.

50. screamingyellowzonkers says:
    September 15, 2018 at 5:20 pm
    beerbratscheese says:
    September 15, 2018 at 4:08 pm
    screamingyellowzonkers says:
    September 15, 2018 at 3:39 pm

__________

————
    ————–

Except, now hear me out on this. Keep up if you can. That new rule applies to ALL QBs. Not just Rodgers. So if Clay throws all his weight on top of Cousins, he’ll get penalized too. Sounds like you think it only applies to players that tackle Rodgers.

51. Bucyou56,
    I’m so sorry my response upset your refined sensibilities. As I stated about Bucs fans, they are sensitive little fellows. Please forgive my correct but crude response to your ignorant statement. Now run to the bookstore and have some dinner!

52. hammerofcheddar says:
    September 15, 2018 at 6:28 pm
    Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 5:31 pm

//////////////////////

—————————————

Yep, the burn is so fresh it’s like it was yesterday. Thanks Bud! Hehehe.

53. “After shaking off his injury…”

If by “shaking” you mean snorting pain meds & rubbing steroids between his butt checks; then yes, he shook his injury to beat the bears.

54. knew8411 says:
    September 15, 2018 at 1:16 pm

++++++

I concur. I also think those who proclaim the Vikings have “the best roster in the NFL” are a little ahead of themselves.

And the ones saying the “rest of NFL need to catch up to the Vikings” are so far ahead they dang near caught the Poet.

55. Don’t worry the 70s and 80s will be back soon if not already.
    ___________________

Are these the same fans that said once Favre is done GB will no longer contend…. plus the 70s and 80s are long gone and not coming back, football has changed so much since then salary cap… Free Agency… could you imagine if the Vikings had to develop a QB instead of signing a FA every 5 or so years like Moon Cunningham, Favre or Cousins in hopes to get them over the top.

Vikings could gone 3-13 the rest of the season and their fans would be overjoyed as long as they beat GB twice.

56. Bucyou56, my apologies for the Barney Bufoons.
    Now you can see what Packer fans deal with.

And it’s not just on the weeks in which the teams play, they’ll spew their crap all year long, day in and day out.
    Any chance they spot a Packer story.
    It gets tiresome.

But, other fan bases are finally getting clued into their dim witted antics.
    The Vikings made the postseason for the first time in years last season and they let their obnoxious, overbearing tongues wag.
    It was truly gratifying as other fans slammed them all over these boards.
    Hilarious, really.

But seriously, don’t waste your time trying to get through to them.
    I’m a veteran of these boards and they’ll never change.
    They’ve been beaten down over the years watching pisspoor football.
    It’s turned most of them into self loathing, petty and jealous troglodytes.
    It’s best just to poke fun of them and move on.

57. Is there a more ridiculous, immature, insecure fanbase on this site then Viking fans? Just shaking my head at the stupidity on display here

58. Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 6:53 pm
    Ugh. Badgers lose in Madison to BYU. Heck of a way to start the weekend lol. Tomorrow should be more fun.
    ________________

Please, tell me again, when was the last time the Gophers had the Axe?!?
    skoLOL!!!

59. wafflestomp says:
    September 15, 2018 at 7:22 pm
    Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 6:53 pm
    ________________

Please, tell me again, when was the last time the Gophers had the Axe?!?
    skoLOL!!!
    —————————

National Championships
    Gophers- 7
    Badgers- 0

You like that?!

60. wafflestomp says:
    September 15, 2018 at 7:22 pm
    Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 6:53 pm
    ________________

Please, tell me again, when was the last time the Gophers had the Axe?!?
    skoLOL
    /////////////

Please tell us the last last time the Badgers were National Champions? Oh that’s right NEVER! The mighty Minnesota Golden Gophers, 7 time National Champions.skoLOL

61. wafflestomp says:
    September 15, 2018 at 7:22 pm
    Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 6:53 pm
    ________________

Please, tell me again, when was the last time the Gophers had the Axe?!?
    skoLOL!!!
    *****
    You Packer fans are such hypocrites. When Vikings fans point out their NFC North Division titles, you mock them and say it doesn’t mean anything and then toss out your title history.
    So, let me give this a try. Winning the Axe means nothing. With Wisconsin’s loss today, it looks like the Badgers national championship trophy case will remain empty. Meanwhile the Gophers can boast of SEVEN total national college titles. (Did I do it right?)

62. Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 7:33 pm
    wafflestomp says:
    September 15, 2018 at 7:22 pm
    Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 6:53 pm
    ________________

Please, tell me again, when was the last time the Gophers had the Axe?!?
    skoLOL!!!
    —————————

National Championships
    Gophers- 7
    Badgers- 0

You like that?!
    ____________

It’s, “You Vike that?!”
    Get it right.
    And seriously, you Golden Loafers got to stop living in the past.
    When was their last National Championship, the 1940s?
    Nobody cares about Championships before they invented the forward pass and there was only 6 teams vying for it.
    And you still haven’t answered my question.
    Me thinks you don’t like the answer.

63. overjoyed that the Pack is risking their entire season by having the one legged wonder take the field. Erin won’t last and very well could be he doesn’t play again this year….

64. flviking says:
    September 15, 2018 at 7:36 pm
    ////////////////////

Ancient Minnesota college titles = good.
    Ancient NFL Packer titles = bad.

Got it.

65. wafflestomp says:
    September 15, 2018 at 7:51 pm
    Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 7:33 pm
    wafflestomp says:
    September 15, 2018 at 7:22 pm
    Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 6:53 pm
    ________________

Please, tell me again, when was the last time the Gophers had the Axe?!?
    skoLOL!!!
    —————————

National Championships
    Gophers- 7
    Badgers- 0

You like that?!
    ____________

It’s, “You Vike that?!”
    Get it right.
    And seriously, you Golden Loafers got to stop living in the past.
    When was their last National Championship, the 1940s?
    And you still haven’t answered my question.
    Me thinks you don’t like the answer
    ——————————————

The Gophers have outranked the Badgers in recruitment the last two years, have all new facilities and a good new coach so things should turn around soon. Sound familiar? You like that too?

66. @freefromwhatyouare read what I wrote “It really doesn’t mean anything that he showed up to practice, was it open to the media to see? Highly doubt it. ” If the media doesn’t report it how do the rest of us know whether he did indeed practice. McCarthy said himself that he doesn’t need to practice in order to play on Sunday. They want everybody to think he practices and if he really did how did the knee respond? Did it swell up again was the mobility not there? All intahngiables

Packers fans are besides themselves right now, they will be sleeping with their cheeseheads holding them tight tonight and having nightmares of Barr hitting Rodgers again. I read some of the comments here and you can tell some of you Packer Backers only know about one team, you really do not know football at all.

Never bring up the 70 and 80s again because the Vikes didnt’ win a super bowl? You want to talk futility? The Packers went 23 years without a play off appearance – 23 YEARS!!!!! The Vikes longest playoff drought lasted 9 Years. So just because they do not have a Super Bowl ring doesn’t mean the organization is not successful. You don’t want to talk about the 70s and 80 because the Packers sucked for 23 years! Not to mention epic choke jobs in the playoffs with overtime loses, pick sixes and blown 16 point leads.

Packers fans all talk about Rings rings rings rings, but you mention Tom Brady and they get pissy. The Green and Yellow are on Edge! Its vindication redemption Sunday! We are gonna get those cheating Vikings because they took our Super Bowl away from us last year.

Packers fans do you really think you have the talent on your roster to compete with the Saints, Rams, Falcons and Eagles? Those teams as well as the Vikes play, as a team and not depend on one individual, which Green Bay has for years. Its time to pay the piper Packers fans, you’ve had your run, not its someone else’s turn. There are dark years ahead for Green Bay and the armor definitely has cracks in it.

Aaron Rodgers once said we don’t care about division titles we care about Super Bowls, but Packer fans are quick to point out how many division titles their team has. So basically what Rodgers is saying he’d rather be a wildcard go on the road to get to the Super bowl. Work smarter not harder son. Eagles proved it last year, get the best record win your division and get to the Super Bowl.

Yeah they Pack may or may not win tomorrow, but as of right now our QB is healthy and yours is not. Rodgers has week to play with this injury, Cousins doesn’t. Packers fans you have no right to be entitled or elitist any more and you are not America’s team.

67. wafflestomp says:
    September 15, 2018 at 7:51 pm

It’s, “You Vike that?!”
    Get it right.
    And seriously, you Golden Loafers got to stop living in the past.
    When was their last National Championship, the 1940s?
    And you still haven’t answered my question.
    Me thinks you don’t like the answer.
    *****
    Since you don’t know how to use Google, I’ll help you. The last Gopher title was in 1960. So if you’re discounting everything before that, then I guess you can knock out about half of the Packers 13 titles you always brag about.
    Geez wafflestomp, you seem a little saltier than usual. But I’ll cut you a break. It’s going to be a tough weekend for you. First your big Badger dreams are crushed today and tomorrow your Packer dreams (and possibly your HOF QB) will be crushed as well. Looks like a tough weekend. Why not have an Old Milwaukee and kick back and listen to some polka. You’ll feel better.

68. Who am I to argue with such an astute football mind, Liberal.
    You got me.
    The entire state of Minnesota leads every football league in potential.

In all seriousness, good luck to your team tomorrow.
    Obviously, I’m hoping the Packers win, but hopefully both teams can end their contest reasonably unscathed.
    It’s a long season and there’s a lot of football left to be played.

69. ackattack22 says:
    September 15, 2018 at 8:22 pm
    //////////////////////////////////////

Crushed dreams? It’s week 2 in the NFL! If anybody should understand the magnitude of difference between one crushed dream (that hasn’t occurred yet,) versus a 57 year-long Nightmare of Futility, it would be a Viking fan. But what would they then do with all their pent-up pettiness? I know! Pick fights!

70. And seriously, you Golden Loafers got to stop living in the past.
    *****
    That is the funniest line a Packer fan has ever typed. Your fan base still boasts of championships from the 1930s when there were no playoffs or championship games and the Packers won their “title” by beating the likes of the Providence Steam Roller, Portsmouth Spartans, Frankford Yellow Jackets and Staten Island Stapletons.
    If there’s a fanbase that lives in the past, it’s the Green Bay Packers.

71. ackattack22, it’s obvious you didn’t catch it, but I was simply mocking the usual Barney refrain that Packer fans have to listen to, ad nauseam.
    It was a joke.

And actually I’m kicking back with a few friends and downing some New Glarus.
    It’s going to be an early night as we’re heading to the stadium about 8:00 in the morning.
    Tailgating and tackle football, I can’t wait.

72. mrdarkness13 says:
    September 15, 2018 at 8:15 pm

+++++

I’m sorry my internet cut out for a second. Can you re-type that?

73. Bucyou56 says:
    September 15, 2018 at 8:12 pm
    pkrlvr says:
    September 15, 2018 at 7:08 pm
    ***********
    ———————————

The green and yellows love the Buccaneers. If it wasn’t for the Bucs the Packers would have been the worst franchise in that 70s and 80s time frame. I’m guessing you’re bandwagon after you got Tony Dungy from the Vikings.

74. Stomp…
    I have nothing against you and wish your team good luck too. In all seriousness, I don’t hate the Packers or their fans, I just enjoy the smack talk. My daughter-in-law is a big Packer fan and she’s the sweetest person in the world.
    I truly am looking forward to finally having the game played and I hope regardless of who wins that both teams come out healthy. (I actually have Rodgers on my fantasy team. I just am willing to sacrifice a poor game from him tomorrow). It’s a much better rivalry when both teams are at full strength.

75. mrdarkness13 says:
    September 15, 2018 at 8:15 pm
    //////////////////////////////

I’m sorry I couldn’t make time to read your version of War and Peace. I had to choose between your snoozer or watching and listening to my granddaughter drool and babble for twenty minutes.

I chose the drool and babble.

76. I don’t see it as a rivalry.

Last week was a rivalry. Tomorrow is just another day at the office.

…a divisional game I don’t want Green Bay to lose.

Last week was PERSONAL. It was the Bears.

77. I’m sorry my internet cut out for a second. Can you re-type that?

@packertruth you need to get off the 56k modem and out of your parents basement. I’m sure wherever you are they have high speed internet. I don’t need to re-type I know how to copy and paste.lol

78. My god, people. Minnesota is going in one direction; GB, in another. What hasn’t been said in GB is that QB will no longer be the focus, going forward.
    GB hierarchy is done with Brett Favre/AR theatrics. Those fool fans will fill Lambeau forever.
    Another 10 years of mediocrity.

79. Waffflestomp,

You do realize you’re no better than the Vikings fans you attempt to troll. Holy Cow you’re on overdrive. Look at yourself. Look at how many posts you’ve made on all of these articles this last week alone. It must be exhausting.

80. 13worldchampioinships says:
    September 15, 2018 at 9:03 pm

Waffflestomp,
    You do realize you’re no better than the Vikings fans you attempt to troll.

+++++++

Not sure you are the proper messenger here. At least not under the current handle.

81. Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 8:59 pm
    A nightly occurrence in every bar in Wisconsin.
    ///////////////////////////

How would you know? I don’t get the impression you’re old enough to get in.

We only observe visitors unable to stand after two beers when the Vikings are in town.

82. wafflestomp
    Sep 15, 2018, 7:32 PM CDT
    It was a joke.

And actually I’m kicking back with a few friends and downing some New Glarus.
    Tailgating and tackle football, I can’t wait.
    /////////////////
    Any real Packer fan would be drinking until 2 am and then doing it all over again at 6 am. Your city and state is disappointed in you.

83. stellarperformance says:
    September 15, 2018 at 9:22 pm
    Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 8:59 pm
    A nightly occurrence in every bar in Wisconsin.
    ///////////////////////////

How would you know? I don’t get the impression you’re old enough to get in.

———————————

I have a buddy that lives in Rhinelander. He has told me some pretty good stories. Don’t worry Stella it’s not like it’s a secret about the drunken debauchery that goes on over there.

84. Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 9:37 pm
    ///////////////////////////

What a joke. Two of the most popular commodities in the world are alcohol and cheese, and you hypocrites act like you’re teetotalers and vegans. How very pretentious of you! You’re forgetting I live here. Your “holier-than-thou” is an absolute joke.

85. stellarperformance says:
    September 15, 2018 at 10:07 pm
    Liberalsruineverything says:
    September 15, 2018 at 9:37 pm
    ///////////////////////////

————————

Whoa whoa whoa. I love your beer, cheese, and brats. Phenomenal. Fat people make good stuff they just gotta get off of their own supply. Good looking smart people with money need you guys.

86. I don’t understand why all of the nasty comments back and forth between NFL fans. The intelligent NFL fans really celebrate in the month of February because everything else leading up to that is somewhat inconsequential especially when you lose. This is of course coming from a fan of the only 13-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS………….THE GREEN BAY PACKERS!