Dalvin Cook misses practice with hamstring injury

Getty Images

The Vikings are overwhelming favorites to beat the Bills on Sunday. But there’s a chance they’ll have to do it without their top tailback.

Dalvin Cook didn’t practice on Wednesday, due to a hamstring injury that he suffered late in the team’s Week Two tie at Green Bay.

Also not practicing for the Vikings was defensive end Everson Griffen (knee), tackle Rashod Hill (foot), tight end David Morgan (knee), and cornerback Marcus Sherels (ribs).

The Vikings got some good news via the ability of center Pat Elflein to fully participate in practice. He hasn’t played since suffering a broken ankle against the Eagles in the NFC championship.

32 responses to “Dalvin Cook misses practice with hamstring injury

1. They play at the Rams next Thursday, which will probably be the toughest game of the year (short week, on the road, tough opponent). I hope they have all the injured players sit out the Bills game and the second half looks like the fourth preseason game. The exception would be Elflein, who should play if he can so he gets a few reps under his belt before facing Suh and Donald.

2. Wouldn’t be shocked if they sat him since they are huge favorites. If they do it’s a huge break for us as Edmunds is having trouble in space…he’ll be a good one, but he’s really struggling in pass coverage. Cook could exploit him, Murray doesn’t worry me as much. For any chance to win, White has to have the game of his life on Diggs and that D has to generate some pressure on Cousins..if there’s a chance to win, lots of pressure, lots of QB hits and we need a defensive TD…

3. Knee last year, hamstring this year. Based on the definition of “Fragile” that the vikes fans have been applying all over this site, Cook more than qualifies for that label.

4. Without trying to be over confident, if there was ever a week to be cautious with any player that is not close to 100%, this is the week.

We have to respect the Bills as they are an NFL team.

Those that do suit up need to be ready to play and play hard.

Go Vikings!

5. Aaron Rodgers gets injured and the Viking trolls can’t wait to post snarky comments. Dalvin Cook can’t finish 6 games in his “career” but Packers’ fans realize it’s a tough game. No comments about his lack of toughness. I guess one has to actually accomplish something in the NFL to get mocked.

6. He’s fine, he even said as much. Trainers are just being cautious. Bad hammys can linger if not treated with rest. My 17 yr old son has battled a high hamstring strain since May. Was recently put on 4 weeks total shutdown mode. Of course we don’t have the luxuries of NFL players with cryotherapy, massage every day, around the clock treatments, etc…..

7. NFL mean reverts. I doubt the Bills defense is as bad as it looked. The pack got pressure on cousins and they aren’t exactly dominating. I’d cool the jets about resting players and sitting out the second half there. Could be a lot closer then ya think.

8. Rest him — better to heal up than allow an injury to linger the whole season. Unlike some teams, a singe player isn’t essential for the team to win. And in reading the comments above, is there a single fan base in the NFL more obsessed with hypocrisy than cheesers?

9. beedubyatoo says:
    September 20, 2018 at 11:03 am

——————————————————————————————

Their are literally two posts above this one calling him soft. Do you read before you post?

10. beedubyatoo says:
    September 20, 2018 at 11:03 am

/////

OH OH OH Its the Great Aaron Rodgers. (rollseyes) Considering the Cooky has only play what 7 games? At least were not blaming his injury on the Green Bay Packers like your fans did last year. A hamstring is a lil different than a knee injury and I’ve seen QBs play on one, namely the overrated man loved A A Ron. QBs do not need the quick explosion the RBs do and to even compare the injuries is like apples to oranges. packers fan are ver frightened righ now because their season hangs in the balance, so they take their frustration out on Vikings fans. They’re mad because the Vikings almost pulled out a victory and scored 22 points on an anemic defense , but the excuse there is King was out. Even more pissed that Cousins basically outplayed Rodgers but are quick to point out A A Ron had an injury. You Packers fans should be worrying about Washington and Rodgers not practicing right now, rather than worried about Cook’s hamstring.

11. This game is going to get ugly quickly. No matter whose being rested. The Bills are just horrible.

12. No, Mr Darkness, we are just trying to demonstrate the boorish behavior your fan base shows over just about every Packer injury or setback.

I rarely mock any football injury, because in truth, it’s a brutal sport that most of the average fans can’t even comprehend or fathom.

Just as you try to rationalize one from the other and compare the two, as you say, apples and oranges, speaks volumes to me just how little you understand it, or the dedication it takes to play this game.
    It’s laughable to me how you insinuate that one deserves consideration while the other simply is not worthy of it.

In all sincerity, I hope Cook bounces back from this latest one and I’m sure he will.
    And I hope everybody sees my earlier snarky posts for what they are.
    Sarcasm at a fan base that has nothing original to post other than the tired, old cliches that have lost their meaning after the mind numbing repetitiveness of them.

13. cheek2vegas says:
    September 20, 2018 at 11:35 am

________

No disrespect intended; I just said “I hope” things turn out where they can rest players. Let’s face it, the Bills aren’t looking very good this year. Also, Zimmer’s Vikings are 45-23-1 against the spread.

14. wafflestomp says:
    September 20, 2018 at 2:09 pm

And I hope everybody sees my earlier snarky posts for what they are.

/////////

Oh believe I know what it takes , but I’m not here to brag like Al Bundy. Not laughable, I’ve see QBs play with an injured hamstring. What I said in my original post is true and you cannot deny that. Its how the athlete responds to rehab and treatment. I find it laughable that you know so much of what I think. So in your green world a hamstring injury is not as bad as a knee, they are two separate parts of the body, one bends the only pulls. To compare the two is yes like apples and oranges its an injury. A RB can not really play on a pulled hammy because he cannot explode out of his cuts. SMDH

15. I believe that mrdarkness13 was a college athlete. I also believe that he’s taken too many hits to the head.

16. frank booth says:
    September 20, 2018 at 3:55 pm

//////////

I believe you played in college as well but I also believe you use your personality as birth control. hahahahahahah

17. Wow, Vikes tie us in one game with horrible officiating and our QB playing on one leg and suddenly they’re treating a regular season opponent like it’s the 4th preseason game. #trapgame. #youhaven’tearnedanythingyet

18. Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    September 20, 2018 at 4:02 pm
    //////////

Stick to driving school buses Carl!

#blindedbygreenkoolaid #seasoncouldbeover #veteranQBneeded