Tom Brady: TD pass shows confidence I have in Josh Gordon

AP

Wide receiver Josh Gordon only caught two passes in Thursday night’s Patriots win, but one of them was a memorable one.

He reeled in a 34-yard touchdown on a broken play in the fourth quarter that put the Patriots back up by 14 points after the Colts made their way back into the game with a pair of scores. The leaping catch showed off Gordon’s athletic ability and quarterback Tom Brady said after the game that it also showed the faith he has in his new teammate.

“That was a great play Josh made, you know, jumping over the top of two defenders,” Brady said. “That tells you the kind of confidence I have in a really short period of time. You know, he’s earned it and happy to see him make that play.”

The touchdown pass was the 500th of Brady’s career and Gordon became the 71st different player to be on the receiving end of a Brady scoring pass. Gordon said after the game that “there’s many more for him to come” and the same could be true for the wideout as he’s found a role for himself in New England a few weeks after arriving in a trade.

34 responses to “Tom Brady: TD pass shows confidence I have in Josh Gordon

1. .
    Aqib Talib said that Gordon, because of his size and speed, was the toughest receiver he’d faced.

2. He saved Brady from yet another interception. And that Gronk turnover was an interception too,not a fumble. The NFL is being kind to Brady in his old age.

3. that was the epitome of a jump ball. no reason to throw that, no business catching it. jump balls, usually arent tom’s style

4. Let’s hope he keeps up his so-far apparent good behavior. No one really questions his playing ability… it’s the other crap that is suspect. Hopefully catching passes from the GOAT and being on a winning team will help him stay straight….

5. “after the Colts made their way back into the game with a pair of scores”
    ——————–
    Anyone who didn’t see it would think Colts fought back, but they were really on the receving end of 2 fluky balls which bounced off the hands of Brady’s catchers. Plus Edelman also dropped a totally undefended gimmie. The 38-24 result totally flatters Colts, it was a 60-10 game.

6. As a Browns and Gordon fan, I’m happy to see him do well.

Now that he’s not being counted on as a centerpiece, I suspect he’ll be more reliable.

7. streetyson says:
    October 5, 2018 at 8:04 am
    “after the Colts made their way back into the game with a pair of scores”
    ——————–

——–

If the Colts D didn’t have better hands than the Colts WR they wouldn’t have needed to fight back.

8. canetic says:
    October 5, 2018 at 7:53 am
    ——————————————–
    Wrong. Even before they called it a fumble I knew it was one. Gronk had possession and executed a football move before the ball was popped out. You’d better take off your Patriots hating blinders and see things for what they really are.

9. Pats made a cople of costly turnovers about to run it up to 50 points, but they gave some gifts over to Indy.

I felt it was a risky throw to Gordon, but it reminded me of Moss in 2007.

Good stuff so early from Gordon.

10. The KC Match up is going to be the Most watched game so far this season.

This will be KC’s Super bowl – seeing how Andy Reid will find a way to lose early in the playoffs.

11. terripet says:
    October 5, 2018 at 8:53 am
    That pass was terrible should of been picked

____

You know what was terrible on that play? The Colts DB’s. I mean, how do they let him catch that pass? Horrible…..

12. edukator44 says:

October 5, 2018 at 7:56 am
    —-

I guess you weren’t around for the Randy Moss era.

13. canetic says:

October 5, 2018 at 7:53 am

You must be a joy to watch a game with.

14. terripet says:

October 5, 2018 at 8:53 am
    That pass was terrible should of been picked
    —-

Wow, terripet finally makes an appearance. I was looking for you last night to cash in your predictions of 4 Brady sacks, a gronk injury by halftime, and a double digit win. How’s the hangover?

15. kiteman says:
    October 5, 2018 at 8:36 am
    As a Browns and Gordon fan, I’m happy to see him do well.

7 0 Rate This

———————

Dude, he was All Pro with Brandon Weeden in 2013. It has nothing to do with his talent or reliability.

It has to do with him being in a healthier working environment with less anxiety where it’s not all about him because of how GOD AWFUL your management has been there for so long.

How’s Jamie Collins’s 12 mil per doing? What about Jarvis Landry?

See?

Environment matters for any employee.

16. I hesitate to equate Gordon with Moss at this point. Moss has so many things he did : win contested deep passes, make miraculous one handed grabs, blow past defenders seeming without effort, etc. Gordon made a good play on the deep ball which was awesome, but the catch didn’t seem contested and the coverage, while not great, had him bracketed. I am hoping he turns into something amazing, but I am still not totally sold yet.

It is pretty cool to see the amount of excitement surrounding him. Did you hear the crowd ROAR each time he caught the ball?

17. Offense made me excited for what’s still to come with this team. I hope Josh continues to make the most out of the opportunity. That NE defense has to get better though.

18. steve13565 says:
    October 5, 2018 at 10:57 am
    What was the final score of the game?

0 0 Rate This

—————-

38-24, with Indy getting a garbage TD late fter smiling and celebarating AFTER being totally outclassed.

They drop to 1-4 and their season is already over, but smiles and camera poses all around!

19. As the father of an addict (18 years old and lost in himself right now) it gives me pause to watch someone with the same addiction issue mount a comeback, remain sober for however long and work toward permanent sobriety.

I used to judge addicts…I thought they made a choice…. this is no longer the case. I understand Gordon’s struggle.

I commend his effort. I hope to do the same for my child when he is ready.

20. Brady had heat in his face when he launched that pass he was falling away and gave Gordon a chance at it. The kid made the play looks like they are building chemistry.

21. I was guessing some dolt would somehow say that either Brady or Gordon cheated on that play. That’s usually their standard comment on anything good happened on the Patriots!

22. Brady threw an uncharacteristic pick at the end of the Miami game which gave them their points. That throw to Gordon was something he wouldn’t normally do. He was on his heels when he threw it and the words that came out of my mouse were “oh no.” When he’s throwing the ball off his heels and he doesn’t have good form, the results are usually bad. Fortunately the defenders didn’t handle it right, and Gordon was able to get between them and catch it. That’s a last-ditch effort type of throw. It’s not something he should be doing in a competitive situation. I hope he hasn’t developed bad habits from having a dearth of available targets early in the season.

23. patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
    October 5, 2018 at 12:09 pm
    The Patriots have the best system in history of football.
    ———————————————
    I don’t get this comment…. is it supposed to be an attempt at belittling them or a compliment on how well they analyze & implement what works best to get the maximum potential out of every coach, assistant, & player on the team……
    If the comment is to be taken at face value, thank you as it shows me that you too understand greatness when it’s on display……of every team out there that has their own system in place it’s awesome that you think the Patriots is the best in history….. I’d have to agree with you there, it’s better than every & any other teams system ever!!!
    Go Pats!!!

24. Didn’t look like a jump ball to me. Gordon caught it between two defenders, I don’t think he even left the ground. The Colts defender that was deepest just stood there and watched it happen. It was very fast, but still looked kind of weird.

25. patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
    October 5, 2018 at 12:09 pm
    The Patriots have the best system in history of football.

We know this is your main point as a non-Pats fan in (really bad) sheep’s clothing, but what you never do is explain what the magic system is and why no one can come close to duplicating it? You have brilliantly contended that a high school quarterback could replace the best NFL qb of all time. How exactly?

We’d really love to know what you (and only you) seem to.