Vikings place Mike Hughes on injured reserve

Getty Images

One of the best cornerbacks in the 2018 draft and a guy who has proven to be valuable to the Minnesota defense is officially off the roster for the rest of his rookie season.

The Vikings have placed Mike Hughes on injured reserve, two days after he tore an ACL against the Cardinals.

The Vikings filled his roster spot by signing defensive tackle David Parry, who had been released by the Vikings after the first two games of the 2018 season.

The Vikings haven’t added a cornerback to the active roster, but they added one — and released one — from the practice squad. Craig James is in, and Jalen Myrick is out.

26 responses to “Vikings place Mike Hughes on injured reserve

1. What are the statistics on ACL injuries on turf vs grass? I have to wonder when guys are tearing up their ligaments from non-contact. Mike Hughes, Teddy Bridgewater, Dalvin Cook…

2. If the Vikings want to keep their team from IR, they should switch to grass inside their home stadium. Who knows, maybe they will even get to a Superbowl if they only did that.

3. That’s too bad… good player but still has a bright future. I guess the Vikings now only have 4-5 DB’s better than GB.
    —–
    Why do you guys love picking fights so much?

4. ragnarthemagnificent says:
    October 16, 2018 at 1:41 pm

________

Bridgewater’s injury was on grass.

5. ariani1985 says:
    October 16, 2018 at 2:15 pm
    Hey- what happened to reggie?
    Obviously you’re talking about Reggie White. Definitely shows the type of person that you are- made fun of me when I talked about my wife’s death from cancer, and making jokes about a player that’s dead. I’m surprised that your Vikings’ fan brethren accept this.

6. ariani1985 says:
    October 16, 2018 at 2:15 pm
    Hey- what happened to reggie?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Yeah, the inferiority in this one is strong and sad. Hides behind her screen all day waiting to troll any Packer.

7. pkrlvr says:
    October 16, 2018 at 2:02 pm

Why do you guys love picking fights so much?
    ————————–
    Begs me to question; as a Packer fan, why did you click on a Vikings post and scroll to the comment section… was it looking for a fight? Why do so many Packer fans comment on almost every single Vikings post and then feign a 1 sided affair?

8. pkrlvr says:
    October 16, 2018 at 2:02 pm
    —–
    Why do you guys love picking fights so much?
    ———–
    Why do you love only seeing Viking fans do it?

9. nathanp2013 says:
    October 16, 2018 at 1:33 pm
    _________________

Then why has GB allowed allowed 370 fewer passing yards and averaging 55 less yards a game? I mean with such “more talented” players in the secondary it should be the other way around…

10. pkrlvr says:
    October 16, 2018 at 2:02 pm
    —–
    Why do you guys love picking fights so much?

—————-
    Why do you love to only see Vikings fans doing it?

11. Ohhhh poor frankie, why on earth would you be looking for sympathy on a football thread?

Go back to Operah and trolling viking articles and loving your pack!

12. ariani1985 says:
    October 16, 2018 at 5:29 pm
    Go back to Operah and trolling viking articles and loving your pack!
    ===============================================================================================================================
    Certainly wasn’t looking for sympathy, but there are some pretty nice, normal people on here, Vikings’ fans included. I just figured that everyone here was above that kind of garbage, even you. But you revealed yourself to be an amoral opportunist, of course hiding behind the internet to make comments that you would never make to anyone’s face. It’s cool. It’s just what you are.

13. pkrlvr says:
    October 16, 2018 at 2:02 pm
    —–
    Why do you guys love picking fights so much?

—————-
    Why do you love to only see Vikings fans doing it?

14. The Vikings have a very good training staff and big Mike will be back playing as good as ever next season.SKOL

15. Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:
    October 16, 2018 at 2:27 pm
    ragnarthemagnificent says:
    October 16, 2018 at 1:41 pm

________

Bridgewater’s injury was on grass.

—————

And the turf seems better this year. Many fewer injuries compared to this time last year.