Bill Belichick: Aaron Rodgers looks healthy to me

AP

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers continues to appear on the injury report with a knee sprain that he suffered in Week One. But the coach who will be charged with slowing Rodgers down this weekend doesn’t see a player who is impaired, even while wearing a knee brace so big that it looks like someone put scaffolding around his leg.

“I’d just watch the end of the San Francisco game,” Patriots coach Bill Belichick told reporters on Friday. “I think that will take care of that for you. Yeah, he looks healthy to me. If he’s got more left, then that’s even worse, but he’s plenty athletic, is moving well. I mean, they’re having a hard time catching him and tackling him. So, maybe it can get better, I don’t know, but it still looks pretty good.”

Belichick praised Rodgers’ abilities earlier this week, pointing out that Belichick is glad to not be in the same division as the Packers. On Friday’s PFT Live, Peter King argued for an adjustment to the schedule that would create one wild-card game per year that could, for example, put Rodgers’ Packers against Tom Brady‘s Patriots more often than once every four years.

39 responses to “Bill Belichick: Aaron Rodgers looks healthy to me

1. That is because the knee is better. Not 100% healed, but close.

Eventhough several MD’s on PFT said “The knee will never heal unless he sits out for extended time. The Packers are really dumb to play him”

The last line is because that is their dream. Aaron Rodgers not playing. All comes from fear inside themselves.

2. Rodgers is a drama queen, even Belicheat can see it, i would love to see him get blasted hard like Anthony Barr did last season. then will see if he gets up and runs around like a deer the next play.

3. You are right Bill. He’s been faking it for at least several weeks to get the attention he desperately needs. After a touchdown pass he skips around like there is nothing wrong. After a loss, he is back on the injury report.

He is a DIVA.

4. Bill sees what we all see. A-rodg is fine, except coming in and out of commercial breaks when he gets camera time.

5. bartpkelly says:
    November 2, 2018 at 12:27 pm
    Belichick is glad he is in the division with the Bills, Dolphins and Jets. Really no need to want more than that.

——–

How about this. You pick a division in which you would rather see him and the Patriots compete and then go and take a look at the Pats winning % against that division over the past 15 years. I will wait for you to get back to us….

6. I sure hope the announcers and color commentators never stop talking throughout the entire game.
    Such a joy to hear irrelevant minutia in the middle of a drive.

7. bartpkelly says:
    November 2, 2018 at 12:27 pm

—–

totaling the last 5 regular seasons, the Patriots are:

22-8 (.733) against the AFC East
    26-4 (.867) against the AFC North, South and West
    15-5 (.750) against the NFC

AFC East has been their toughest competition. Looks like everyone else constitutes the ‘cakewalk’ to the Super Bowl

8. Of course he’s healthy, He never hasn’t been this year. The diva just needs an excuse to limp after ha makes a mistake. You’ll never see him limp after a positive.

9. Belichick is shattering the illusion that Rodgers’ injury is somehow holding him back. There is nothing he could do before the injury that he can’t do now. Maybe it hurts a little more but it doesn’t impede his performance. Sorry, Packer fans, your team’s losses can’t be blamed on this injury.

10. vikingf0rlife says:
    November 2, 2018 at 12:30 pm
    The Packers are known to use fake injuries to their advantage.

______________________________________________________________

The Vikings are known to have an empty trophy cabinet, and it will stay that way. Yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever.

11. stucats says:

____________________________________

Real mature. Wish for an injury.

I love rivalries and hate the rival. But it’s still just a game. Hoping for guys to get hurt is pathetic. Get out, troll.

12. I don’t know if Rodgers is playing possum or not, but why wear that giant, restrictive brace on his knee if he isn’t? We’ll just have to wait and see.

13. As a huge Vikings fan I hate Aaron Rodgers but realize how good he is. When I see Kirk play it just frustrates me. He is so mediocre.

I see no possible path to the playoffs for the Vikings this year. We would have to beat the Packers. We couldn’t even beat them when Aaron could hardly walk in week 2. It will be impossible to beat Aaron November 25th. As a Vikings I was hopeful during the offseason but now I am just hopeful for next year. Hope we have a good offseason.

14. I thought my post as a Vikings fan was more realistic than the utter lunacy of Vikings fans posting that Aaron faked his injury.

You are better than this Vikings fans. At least post with something that rings true.

15. Well, Bill, when you look at Erin Rogers and you see the lengths he goes to get free plays (meaning he cheats), you can’t be sure he’s injured at all. This franchise is a lowlife combination of mob rule and mob hysteria.

16. freefromwhatyouare says:
    November 2, 2018 at 3:48 pm

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The packers will be out of the playoffs before Christmas, and you will not be around. But for someone who says the Vikings are irrelevant, you spent a lot of time and thought into you post. Nice job freefromemojis.

17. I understand why he’d say this. After all, his QB looks painful moving even when 100% healthy, but the truth is that Brady is still great, and an injured Rodgers is still great. But to say Rodgers isn’t injured is lunacy. If you’ve watched him at all, you know he is way off of his usual play, for running/escaping and passing. This is just BB saying nice things. He’s done it before, even being ridiculously nice like saying McCarthy is a good coach. If Rodgers was healthy, he would’ve overcome McCarthy a few more times this year.

18. freefromwhatyouare
    Not a Vikings fan with those comments. First off why would you hate AR? Add to that nonsense you say that you see no possibly way the Vikings can make the playoffs. How about this- win the division.
    If they beat the Lions at home and they are in first place and go on a bye week. Wow just stop it.

19. 345snarkavenue says:
    November 2, 2018 at 12:52 pm
    bartpkelly says:
    November 2, 2018 at 12:27 pm

—–

totaling the last 5 regular seasons, the Patriots are:

22-8 (.733) against the AFC East
    26-4 (.867) against the AFC North, South and West
    15-5 (.750) against the NFC

______________________

Stop using facts and statistics to make your point! It makes the haters look silly!

20. PFT — Will you please stop posting any articles about Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady? It makes these people who hate just to hate turn into whiny babies.
    It’s hard to believe that these people are so lame that they have to vent at Rodgers and Brady because their lives are so bad compared to theirs. They are so jealous that their blood runs cold whenever they hear or read their names.
    I used to get angry at them, now I just shake my head and have pity for them. Their lives must really stink if they have to spew their venom at two guys who couldn’t care less about what they say.
    The truth is Brady and Rodgers have more class in their rear ends than these people will ever have.
    All you haters need to do one thing — get a life!