Antonio Brown cited for doing over 100 mph

Getty Images

The Steelers need to get out to a fast start against the Panthers tonight, but not quite like this.

According to WPXI, Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown  was stopped by police for speeding, and was cited for reckless driving and going in excess of 100 mph.

According to Ross Township police, officers were out looking for a suspect in a bank robbery when a black Porsche speeding by attracted their attention.

“We are aware of the situation, but we are still gathering information. We won’t have any further comment at this time,” the Steelers said in the obligatory and perfunctory statement.

Brown was sued earlier this year for allegedly throwing furniture off a 14th floor balcony, and if you’re smart enough to calculate V = gt let us know if that’s faster than a Porsche.

73 responses to “Antonio Brown cited for doing over 100 mph

1. Young guy with money speeding in a sports car. I literally see that every day in San Diego. Is it smart? No. People do it every single day though. When Dez was on the Cowboys I saw at least two articles on here about him speeding over 100 mph. Nothing ever happened to him. Nothing will happen to Brown.

2. Brown is a great player, but seems to have roughly the mentality of a cinder block. He’ll likely be flat broke within 2 yrs of his playing career ending; which, if he’s driving 100+MPH on McKnight RD, could be sooner than he thinks?!

3. These types of things should be suspension-worthy. I remember when Ndamukong Suh would get in trouble for similar things and the NFL would do nothing. It seems like a small deal until you kill somebody either inside your car or in another car due to your reckless behavior.

4. He should draw a year’s suspension for being such a miscreant. He is lucky he didn’t kill someone.

5. 100 in a Porsche is like 60 in a normal car, probably didn’t even know how fast he was going.

6. I hear house reps are looking into a bill to have mandatory 70 mph max speed regulators on all street vehicles. It would be a class C felony if caught without it or driving 71 on public roads.

7. Everybody believes they can handle a car at 100MPH but the truth is, your body’s reactionary abilities at 100mph are similar to your bodies reactionary abilities when you’re under the influence. There’s only one excuse for ever driving 100mph on a public road. Thats obviously if you have sudden diarrhea.

8. another example of a typical NFL player who thinks because he plays in the NFL he can do whatever he wants and & gets away with it, he probably said to the cop “do you know who i am?”

This dude is being a jerk recently, i always thought he was a model citizen but i was dead wrong….SMH!

9. In some countries in Europe the fine for speeding is in direct proportion to how fast you were going and how much you make. Do that and he might slow down. But for the record, did 170 KPH all the time on the Autobahn. That was common, but they drive better in Germany than we do here. Did 245 kph once, that was a little scary.

10. Buttfumblersanonymous says:
    November 8, 2018 at 12:18 pm
    ——————
    What is not normal about a Porsche?

11. jchemengr says:

November 8, 2018 at 12:25 pm

Curious to see if Brown will get a pass from the NFL. I don’t expect the Steelers to do anything.

What are they going to do to him for getting a speeding ticket? Sheldon Richardson was speeding away from the police with pot and a gun and a child in his car and he got a 1 game suspension only.

12. bigbenisabigbaby says:
    November 8, 2018 at 12:38 pm
    Buttfumblersanonymous says:
    November 8, 2018 at 12:18 pm
    ——————
    What is not normal about a Porsche?

If you have to ask you’ve clearly never driven one.

And it wasn’t Tom Cruise who first said, there is no substitute. That was Porsche’s tag line from the 70’s, long before Tom was a Toy Soldier or Lost Boy.

13. XaqFields says:
    November 8, 2018 at 12:09 pm

——

I’m curious. Would you be suspended from your job if you got a speeding ticket? I know I wouldn’t.

14. Brown is not an ego-centric person like someone suggested but he does have a few screws loose. He is the last guy off of the practice field and he does a lot of charity work with the Children’s Hospital. Having said that, I truly believe that he has something wrong in his head. His “Tony-Two-Tap” and “Call of God” skits may be somewhat comical but show that the engine is running with no one at the wheel.

15. enoughofthatalready says:
    November 8, 2018 at 12:40 pm
    jchemengr says:

November 8, 2018 at 12:25 pm

7 2 Rate This

—————

goodell

he cheats for afc teams not named the patriots

16. MyCommentIsAwaitingModeration says:
    November 8, 2018 at 12:40 pm
    Sounds like he might be going off the rails. Get help dude.

————-

Driving to 100mph in a vehicle capable of well over 160mph is going off the rails? Sounds to me like he was just opening up his ride and got caught. Not much to see here

17. arzcardinals says:
    November 8, 2018 at 1:11 pm
    Interesting how he got a citation and left whereas YOU or I would have been arrested and had a free overnight stay. #athletepriv
    ————-
    He also hasn’t lost his endorsement deals yet. I have a feeling some others would’ve.

18. Honestly, 100MPH isnt that fast on a highway. People in my area drive 90+MPH all the time (in 70mph zones)

19. Well, I think the only way to definitively test car vs. couch drop is to have AB drop his Porsche off a 14 story building.

20. The Porche was much faster than the couch. 14 stories is about 140 feet equals about 43 meters. Speed of couch would have been 104.5 km/hr = 65 mph. You can google “the splat calculator” to check.

21. arzcardinals says:
    November 8, 2018 at 1:11 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Um, no, actually.

If you’re not DUI, or driving erratically, or resisting or some other factor beyond just speed, it’s unlikely you’ll be jailed right then (depending on local laws). I got issued a ticket for “100+”, and I drove home despite being young and stupid. Trust me when I say my athletic ability then (and now) was entirely inside my head.

22. “Brown is not an ego-centric person…”

Stopped reading right there.

In a very short time, AB has volunteered his services to Dancing with the Stars, and is the poster boy for Social Media Addiction™.

These days he’s tossing furniture, threatening journalists, throwing Ben under the bus, and disappearing from practice.

Yeah, you’re right homer – AB is not egotistical at all.

23. ““Porsche, there is no substitute.” —Tom Cruise”

Ferrari is waving hello in its rear view mirror, Lamborghini too

24. As pointed out numerous times…Brown does what he does because he never ever receives any form of punishment whatsoever…

25. To all of those people saying, “Why, I regularly travel at speeds approaching 100 mph on the highway in my area.”

Does the “highway” on which you travel have stoplights every half mile or so? Go google map McKnight Road. It’s one thing to go 100 on the highway when where everyone is going at least 55 (or close to it, right, Granny?) and you don’t have regular stops and the possibility of cars crossing perpendicular to you. He’s lucky.

26. To all of those people saying, “Why, I regularly travel at speeds approaching 100 mph on the highway in my area.”

@swannysez

I was about to make those exact same comments. For those of you not from Pittsburgh, it is also known as McKnightmare Rd, do to the consistent traffic and constant stop and go due to lights. Doing 100 on that road is like doing 150 in a 75. So, he is very lucky. He would not have been arrested, however, the police could have towed his vehicle if they chose to. Whether or not he has a license will depend on the judge when it goes to court. My guess is it will be suspended for 30 days.

27. Buttfumblersanonymous says:
    November 8, 2018 at 12:18 pm

I know a lot about cars and let me tell you prosche’s are not worth it. all the performance talk is just talk and they fall apart immediately. seriously a chrysler or kia is better made than a prosche. bait for suckers

28. Buttfumblersanonymous says:

—-

And it’s like 325 in a plane.

29. This guy could of run killed somebody. All he would have to do is score a couple of touchdowns and Steelers fans would be ok with it .