Stefon Diggs: “I know I will play” this week

Getty Images

The Vikings were able to get by the Lions without Stefon Diggs, but they might not have to worry about that this week against the Bears.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Vikings wide receiver said he practiced Monday after missing last week with a rib injury, and seemed confident about his prospects.

I know I will play,” Diggs said.

Diggs told PFT in an interview that will air later today on #PFTPM that the injury wasn’t that serious, that it didn’t even affect his sleep, and that he wanted to play last week.

The Vikings were able to win despite a lackluster offensive performance, but having two weeks to rest (along with their bye week) was apparently enough to get Diggs back on the field.

28 responses to “Stefon Diggs: “I know I will play” this week

1. Biggest game of the week and my Vikings are historically horrible in prime time and at solider field. Really anytime they play outdoors in prime time they lay giant eggs. I guess it depends on which Trubisky shows up Sunday night.

2. minnesotablizzard says:
    November 13, 2018 at 1:45 pm

__________

The Vikings played two outdoor prime time games last year, at Chicago and at Green Bay, and won them both. The game at Chicago was only close because they started Bradford, who couldn’t throw or move. They dominated after Keenum came in.

This year, they lost outside in prime time against the Rams, but the Rams are pretty good, it was a close game, and that was when the defense was completely discombobulated.

I expect the Vikings to play well this week. The Bears are good so it will be close, but I don’t think we’ll see a horrible performance.

3. minnesotablizzard says:
    November 13, 2018 at 1:45 pm
    ////////////
    Besides the fact that somebody already pointed out how you’re wrong, I’m just very suspicious when you type “my Vikings”. If this was a Scooby Doo episode, we’d be pulling that mask off right about now to reveal a cheese head underneath.

4. The Vikes have yet to finish a game with thier foot on the gas. They get a small lead and start fiddling around with the ball. They almost always march down the field on the opening kick off, and then they go into some sort of stalling mode. I hope this is the week they start finishing the game strong. It is probably the healthiest they have been in a long time. If they are going to make a run at the Super Bowl, now is the time to start pushing. Good luck Stephan I hope you are what they need to really get going. Otherwise a confident Bear team is going to be tough to handle.

5. I hated to see this game flexed. A night game in Chicago is always tough. I was at late season Mon night game in ’09 and Vikes lost that in OT and that was a bad Bears team! Vikes will need to play a clean game and Cousins play a smart game. Neither team has beat a worthy opponent yet. The last game of the year in MN should decide the division winner though.

6. conormacleod
    Nov 13, 2018, 2:04 PM EST
    I’d say that is quite the statement about the Lions. Diggs: “I can play”. Coach Zim: “That’s ok. We will be fine, it’s the Lions”.
    ————————————————-
    So now you’re a mind a reader. Most of us can read between the lines but Coach Zim never ever said that.
    DIGGS you are a beast!
    Better story would be in the Vikings season so far is how they have beaten teams and almost beat the almighty Saints and Rams without key Defensive players and Offensive players. So the back ups have played well and this will help strengthen the team. But getting back key starters now will make the Vikings a tough team to beat the rest of the way.
    Having a great coach and now getting healthy is great. Vikings won 4 of last 5 and over the last four weeks boast the NFL #1 D. Not Duh Bears

7. chris1cat says:
    November 13, 2018 at 2:26 pm DIGGS you are a beast!

++++++

24th in yards receiving this year.
    25th in yards receiving in 2017.
    34th in yards receiving in 2016.
    19 td’s in 48 career games.
    How many BEASTS are there?

8. Those ribs are gonna feel real good getting hit in the cold weather Sunday night.

And apparently Diggs has the additional talent of inducing cheesers to waste their time looking into his stats for the past three years in a vain attempt to refute a Vikings’ fan’s enthusiasm.

9. packertruth says:
    November 13, 2018 at 3:02 pm
    chris1cat says:
    November 13, 2018 at 2:26 pm DIGGS you are a beast!

++++++

24th in yards receiving this year.
    25th in yards receiving in 2017.
    34th in yards receiving in 2016.
    19 td’s in 48 career games.
    How many BEASTS are there?
    ——————————————

Glad to see you did your homework. Now brush your teeth and go to bed Poindexter.

10. snowlock2013 says:
    November 13, 2018 at 2:13 pm

Vikings are 4-9 on Sunday Night. Not looking forward to this, even if I think they are the better team.
    ______

3-1 on Sunday night under Zimmer. 4-1 if you include the Saturday night game last year. The one loss was against the Saints this year.

11. “ Davante Adams has 19 td’s in his last 23 games (9 of which were started by Hundley).
    Diggs has 19 td’s in his career. Let that sink in.“

Ok I’ll have play your silly game. Congratulations Devante, but I am happy with my team. Good luck with yours.

12. Liberalsruineverything says:
    November 13, 2018 at 3:31 pm
    packertruth says:
    November 13, 2018 at 3:02 pm
    chris1cat says:
    November 13, 2018 at 2:26 pm DIGGS you are a beast!

++++++

24th in yards receiving this year.
    25th in yards receiving in 2017.
    34th in yards receiving in 2016.
    19 td’s in 48 career games.
    How many BEASTS are there?
    ——————————————

__________________

As usual, the Barneys bristle when hit with cold, hard, facts or if you happen to disagree with them that one of their own ain’t the greatest the NFL has ever known.

13. Hope this doesn’t go the way of Donavan McNabb throwing for 17 yards and the beckon of hope in relief Christian Ponder.

14. I’m definitely looking forward to this one! Cousins and the Vikes have yet to put together a full game, and I’m looking forward to when that happens. Chicago is always a tough draw at home. Great city and a historic team. Fighting it out for first place. Good stuff.

15. packertruth says:
    November 13, 2018 at 3:36 pm
    Diggs has 19 td’s in his career. Let that sink in.
    ——————————————

It’s a little different on a team with 2 number 1 receivers. You’re used to watching a team with a number 2 and a bunch of 4s and 5s that the that the QB says play like a number 2.

16. packerLIES says:

Diggs has 19 td’s in his career. Let that sink in.
    ###

Adams was a second round pick in 2014 and in his first 3 years scored 4 TD’s with the legendary Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball. The Packers had 22 rushing TD’s in that span.

Diggs was a 5th round pick in 2015 and in his first 2 years scored 7 TD’s with Teddy Bridgewater, Shaun Hill and Sam Bradford throwing the ball. The Vikings had 27 rushing TD’s in that span.

Let that sink in…

17. @gto – How can I be lying when I’m accurately stating statistics?

The master of framing arguments under constrained time periods to fit your pre-determined narrative……… doesn’t seem to like when somebody else does it.

Stefon Diggs draft status has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not he is a “beast”. He is either a beast or he isn’t, and most any non-homer would say a player who has yet to top 903 yards receiving in a season isn’t truly a beast.

Finally, why is it you go on and on about how terribly overrated Aaron Rodgers is until you want to give him credit for another Packer player’s success?

Diggs is a good wideout who has two beast-like games a year and is being 16 games of beast-like money. Don’t be mad at me, I didn’t sign him. By the way, Thielen is a true Beast. Cheers.

18. Rob Brzezinski is a Magician says:
    November 13, 2018 at 7:31 pm

Stefon Diggs will be playing for first place in the division this week. Davante Adams will be playing to stay out of the division basement.
    +++++

Are the Lions (3-6) playing a doubleheader?

19. The offense needs to show strong this week. Diggs will help that even if it is just freeing up Thielen. 2 weeks to prepare for this game should also help. Hopefully it’s a good game, flying out from NYC for it!!

20. packertruth says:

@gto – How can I be lying when I’m accurately stating statistics?

###

1. You were typing – you were lying. It’s what you do. Time after time after time…

2. You set the narrow parameters of “the last 23 games”. I just chose an arbitrary timeline to show how absurd your choice was.

3. Draft status doesn’t matter. Got it.

4. I guess you missed the sarcasm in my post. The main point is Adams had just 1 QB vs 3 for Diggs in said time period.

5. I’m glad that you can agree that Diggs is our # 2 and you’re trying to compare him to your #1.

It’s what you do…

21. gtodriver says:

I just chose an arbitrary timeline to show how absurd your choice was.
    ++++++
    Thanks. Feel free to Remember the absurdity of arbitrary timelines the next time you break out either:

1) playoff touchdown in a full regulation season nonsense, or;
    2) the five straight years without losing more than 8 games banner.