Chris Long would “hate” to see Nick Foles join Giants

Getty Images

Nick Foles likely leaves Philadelphia in the offseason. His destination already has drawn much speculation.

The Giants, who have not committed to Eli Manning for 2019, are one team that has been mentioned. That would rank as the least desirable option for Foles’ Eagles teammates.

“I would hate to see him with the Giants just because I hate playing my friends, and if I end up back in Philly I’d have to play him twice a year,” Eagles defensive lineman Chris Long told Ryan Dunleavy of NJ.com. “But I think whoever gets him is going to be very lucky. He’s a leader. He’s a franchise-type quarterback. The tough thing is we have another franchise quarterback, a guy who is homegrown and is going to be a great player for a long time to come.”

Foles has a mutual option between he and the Eagles that would pay him $20 million in his final year.

17 responses to “Chris Long would “hate” to see Nick Foles join Giants

1. I don’t think Chris Long needs to worry much. Nick Foles only plays good when he is a Eagle, so chances are if he signs with the Giants, he won’t be very good. 🙂

2. I don’t see him signing with ANY NFC EAST team. He is a icon in Philadelphia and he won’t tarnish that. I could see him in Tampa Bay, Oakland, Miami, or just wait till a starting QB goes down. I don’t think he is in any rush to leave the Eagles.

3. No, but it would be good for the Giants. But being who they are, they’ll go with Eli again.

4. Nick Foels and the eagles one lucky year which comes around every 60 …wont be coming around for another 60 years not worth at all on what he wants… whatever happened to all WENTZavannia?

5. jonathankrobinson424 says:
    January 31, 2019 at 1:34 pm
    _____________

He’ll still be an icon in Philly whether he plays with the NYG for a couple years or not. He’ll go to where he can start and where he can get paid. And nobody in Philly will care in 10 years.

6. jonathankrobinson424 says:
    January 31, 2019 at 1:34 pm

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

He will go where the money is. If it’s the Giants or Redskins he wouldn’t care about “tarnishing” his icon status.

7. bigbluplates says:

January 31, 2019 at 1:38 pm

It all went away since he is constantly hurt. The Eagles are the Seahawks 2.0 they had a nice one year dynasty and now they are irrelevant again

8. @redlikethepig says:
    January 31, 2019 at 2:13 pm
    11 years in the leagues … only 2 with the Eagles … and now he’s Mr. Philadelphia.
    =====================================================================================
    How can you be so mis-informed and flat-out WRONG. He was 2012 3rd round draft by Philly. He’s got several years with Philly. C’mon man…do some doggone research before you post.

9. He was talking about Long. It’s still ridiculous, but it wasn’t about Foles.

TheGuru says:
    @redlikethepig says:

10. If Foles goes to the Giants, he will be hated by most of the Philly fans.

Remember when that Green Bay icon, Favre, left Green Bay and ended up on the Minnesota team? He went from beloved QB to the most hated man in Green Bay.

11. Steelerdeathstar, if you truly think Foles is a better QB than Wentz. Turn in your football fan card.

12. greymares says:
    January 31, 2019 at 2:57 pm
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Foles isn’t better than Wentz, but its pretty clear that the iggles play better with Foles for some reason. That said, I’d take either on my Cowboys instead of Dakota.

13. Amen Chris Long! I would also not want Foles on any NFC East team besides the Eagles! Luckily I think the Giants are actively afraid of cutting Eli Manning and the Redskins won’t be able to afford both Alex Smith and Nick Foles.
    And, of course the Cowboys are still delusional about Dak Prescott.