Aaron Rodgers: Change can be tough, usually works out for best

Getty Images

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers will be playing for a new head coach for the first time since Mike McCarthy replaced Mike Sherman in Green Bay before the 2006 season.

The Packers hired Matt LaFleur last month and the hope is that the former Titans offensive coordinator can spark the offense after a disappointing 2018 season. Rodgers was at the NFL Honors show in Atlanta over the weekend and said he’s looking forward to seeing how LaFleur puts his stamp on the team.

“A lot of change, in life in general, it’s tough at first,” Rodgers said, via the team’s website. “But it usually works out for the best so I’m excited about what’s going on in Green Bay and the future there.”

Rodgers also provided an update about his health. He dealt with a knee injury for much of the year and suffered a concussion in Week 17, but said neither issue was causing him any problems now.

“My body feels really good,” Rodgers said. “Instead of getting surgery postseason, decided to kind of go through a different routine with my knee than I’ve done in the past, and I’m feeling really, really good. Got a concussion the last game, that’s cleared up. I’m feeling really good. I’m getting back into my workout routine, but the first month of the offseason is a lot about yoga and traveling.”

Rodgers will enter his 15th NFL season in 2019 and anything other than a resounding rebound will likely be met with some uncertainty about what the future hopes for the longtime Packers star.

39 responses to “Aaron Rodgers: Change can be tough, usually works out for best

1. A skilled QB, of that there is no doubt. But everything always seems to be about him. It gets old.

2. vikings1234 says:
    February 4, 2019 at 1:59 pm

5 1 Rate This

—————

You mean like when they asked HIM about HIS health, and he answered?

3. Can’t help thinking the change was probably a little tougher on McCarthy … particularly when he was thrown under that speeding bus.

4. I remember when Daunte Culpepper decided to rehab his knee a different way than it was done in the past too. Packer fan should worry if there’s any reports of Rodgers running wind sprints in a Walmart parking lot.

5. “Everything always seems to be about him”

=============

Yes, when he is asked questions on the red carpet at NFL Honors he should not answer any questions about himself.

He also said “What a fun night at NFL Honors. So thankful to get to see my dear friend, the legend Brett Favre”

What a total self centered jerk this guy is.

6. schmokes says:
    February 4, 2019 at 2:15 pm
    You mean like when they asked HIM about HIS health, and he answered?
    _________________

It drives me nuts when he does his weekly radio interview… comments get posted in a story here and a certain group of people flock to it to bash him.

7. myvietnamwasfightingtheclap says:
    February 4, 2019 at 4:22 pm
    It was time for McCarthy to go, and he as much as acknowledged it in his last presser.
    _______________

I also feel MM knew, from what I understand he had vacation property and boats sold a bit before he was even fired.

8. l will remember AR & PM as 2 qbs that were not fully given the chance to win more superbowls because of bad defense`s. however, they had to get by the patriots to get there first, so who knows.

9. Packer fans are over the moon about any and every move the Packers have made this offseason but history says 2019’s rebuild will be another tough year. None of the previous four Packers head coaches made the playoffs in Year 1.
    They may yet regret Rodgers having McCarthy fired. :O

10. Since Sean McVay said he was out coached in the Super Bowl yesterday I bet the Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are having second thoughts about hiring a guy just because he stood next to Sean McVay on the sidelines.
    LOL

11. Coaching changes can be difficult. The one common denominator for likely success in Green Bay is Aaron Rodgers. There are no guarantees for success, unless, of course, you consider the eye-rolling moves made in Minnesota which so far has only provided an overdue lame duck scenario. Maybe Zimmer can request a lock of McVay’s hair to help keep his job next season!

12. Rams vs Patriots in the Super Bowl. As usual though,we have to read about how Aaron Rodgers and everything related to Green Bay lives rent free 24/7 365 days a year in Viking fans heads. New year,same whining.

13. Only 1 of the 7 new head coaches hired in 2016 still have the job.
    —–
    Thinking a coach hired in 2014 might soon be looking as well.

14. stellarperformance says:
    February 4, 2019 at 7:41 pm
    ————
    Dude won two less games than a very average Kirk Cousins. But lead the league in excuses

15. I think it’s fantastic aaron finally gets his spotlight to openly embrace the role as a coach now that Big Mike is gone. It’s been far too long he had been operating behind the curtain.
    For him to leave the quarterbacking to actual players, like Tom Brady for instance, shows his humbling character.
    If you can play anymore; coach.

16. RMoss84HOF says:
    February 4, 2019 at 9:08 pm
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Put a knee brace on Cousins for eight games, ask him to play through an injured hamstring for two or more different games, and sit him out for the last game in concussion protocol, then see how far your “guarantee” takes you. You’d take average, believe me. The Vikings take buyers-remorse to a whole new level.

Do you know what the primary difference among all NFCN teams remains to be?

Aaron Rodgers.

17. I dunno. It’s clear to me that there’s been a significant drop-off in Rodgers’s accuracy since he broke his right shoulder on that hit from Anthony Barr in 2017.

18. merde4brains says:
    February 5, 2019 at 1:06 pm
    ////////////////////////////////////

Wishful thinking. I wonder if playing with a knee brace for eight games, playing through a hamstring injury for two additional games, and missing one game in the concussion protocol has anything to do with finishing with “only” a QB rating of 101?

Idiot.

19. Poor stellar – he has to defend his most fovrite player with every excuse in the book after teling everyone the packers are the team to beat and Aaron was going to rip the league up. Bottom line 6 wins and 3rd places – excuses are meaningless

20. I forgot only packers players get injuries. At least this year the excuse will change to new coaching staff and time to adjust this year. Or poor Aaron’s lingering concussion. I thought it was a team sport one frail qbs injuries shouldn’t derail a team for two years. It’s like their owners are delusional idiots holding fake stock.

21. RMoss84HOF says:
    February 5, 2019 at 2:44 pm
    //////////////////////////////////

Another idiot.

Nobody is making excuses. Just the opposite. LOOK HOW WELL HE DID DESPITE THE INJURIES!

Try harder to pay attention. Moron.

22. Oh it’s so fun to watch Stella get bent out of shape over his hero. End of the day Cousins who is average won more games behind a worse OL, and outdualed Rodgers head to head twice. I guess I am an idiot for wanting wins over injury excuses, believe it or not many players on every team play through injuries. Your childish idolization of him is hilarious, grow up Peter Pan.

23. What a resounding “outperformance”

Cousins: 767 yards 7 TDS 1 pick ratings of 111.8 and 129.5
    Aaron: 479 yards 2 TDS no picks no wins, ratings of 94 and 97.4

Good old Wisconsin analysis! Also aren’t you the one who crowed about yards being such an important metric as well? But you’ll always have injuries and refs to cry about!

24. Take a look at the official NFL article written by Gregg Rosenthal which ranks the players by quarterback-index. A lot of after-season data is subjective, including my opinion. This guy saw what I saw, and I agree with him. You shouldn’t feel too bad though……Cousins made it into the top half. Don’t forget Rodgers’ injuries are a huge factor when you consider he still outperformed Cousins. THAT’S why I disagreed with your friend above and his contention Rodgers was washed up.

Comprende, idiota?

25. merde4brains says:
    February 5, 2019 at 1:06 pm

++++++

Aaron Rodgers 2015: 60.7% completions, 6.7 yards per attempt.
    Aaron Rodgers 2018: 62.3% completions, 7.4 yards per attempt.

It’s clear to me you see what you want to see.

26. Nice Spanish genius! I never said cousins is better than Rodgers – I literally called him very average. I was just telling the Aaron fan boy that he was outperformed by Cousins in both head to head matchups. That is indisputable, yeah Rodgers has had a better career but to say he outplayed Cousins in the two games against the Vikings is just blind hometown. No name calling there just facts that are supported by statistics from those two games.

27. Put a knee brace on Cousins for eight games, ask him to play through an injured hamstring for two or more different games, and sit him out for the last game in concussion protocol,
    ————-
    Put Rodgers behind the Vikings line and his numbers may change too. Hell he probably would have been paralyzed, I’m just speaking in the reality of wins and losses, not what-ifs.

28. stellarperformance says:
    February 5, 2019 at 3:43 pm
    He outperformed Kirk “Guaranteed” Cousins!
    _______

Ah yes this is a statement referring to the future.