Robert Kraft categorically denies any illegal activity

Getty Images

Police in Jupiter, Florida announced on Friday that they have charged Patriots owner Robert Kraft with two counts of soliciting prostitution.

Kraft is accused of visiting a massage parlor to solicit sex acts and the police department said they have video evidence to back up the charge. A spokesperson for Kraft responded to those charges in a statement later on Friday that denied Kraft did anything illegal.

Kraft and all other NFL owners are subject to league discipline under the Personal Conduct Policy. With much more to play out in this story, it remains to be seen if that will be on the table or not.

161 responses to “Robert Kraft categorically denies any illegal activity

1. Right now this is two conflicting statements. Kraft says he did not do it. The police say they have a video of the actual acts taking place. They clarified that it was the sexual act itself not just him arriving and going inside. So if they produce such a video then thats going to be tough to argue with. And if the police start having reasons they cannot actually produce the video, or if it turns out to be different from what the police claimed, then I will lean in favor of believing Kraft.

2. vikings1234 says:
    February 22, 2019 at 12:33 pm
    Boy, between the Steelers and the Patriots we sure don’t lack for content to read!

————

The Steelers have football troubles. It’s *nothinig* compared to an international prostitution ring. This is another level entirely.

3. Guilty or not, this is a wake-up call for Robert Kraft. He’s a 77 year old widower, who seems to be unhinged since the passing of Myra. I’ll leave it at that.

4. Even if Kraft did pay for sex, if the woman was a consenting adult and she was not part of any human trafficking then it should be legal. Prostitution is in fact legal in Nevada and in some European countries.

5. LOL……The patriot way…..Why would you expect anything less. Crooked like the team is. Of course, he will deny it soliciting prostitution. He denied spygate and deflategate. Good luck fighting the video evidence.

6. Translation: We categorically deny these charges, however, because there is video evidence and we are busted, we will not be commenting any further!

7. The story is getting worse: CNN reports the bust was related to a human trafficking sting.

No way was Kraft involved, but yeah, this is sleazy.

8. chickensalad43 says: “I thought I read that there was video of him obtained by the police. So good luck with that one.”
    ===================

They only have video of a payment.

Strangely enough, I have actually gone into a shady massage parlor just for a plain massage because my shoulders were killing me at that time…

9. Former Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson was forced to sell the team after allegations of “inappropriate workplace behavior” was found to be true after a league investigation. The “inappropriate behavior” was stated as sexual harrassment and racist remarks.

I would think Goodell needs to duplicate the Richardson punishment in this case (pending an investigation) considering how this will look on the NFL if this man is permitted to only pay a fine and continue as though nothing happened. This team has a history of ignoring league rules and policies and once found guilty, should pay the heaviest price of all by forcing the sale of the team to a new owner.

10. If it’s true I suspect the law enforcement agencies do a thorough job, taping those investigations seem very likely, Patriots should understand everything about taping, it doesn’t lie and the truth always comes out.

11. I love how some people try to justify this crap. Prostitution is in no way, shape or form a victim-less crime. Even a street walker is in most all cases a “victim” themselves, either addicted to drugs, or controlled by a pimp that beats them regularly for not complying. What about the John’s significant other or their families? I would call them victims for a myriad of reasons. So, please drop that narrative. Yes, there are legalized brothels in certain areas, miles away from the real lives of the vast majority of prostitutes.

12. He denies illegal activity because in the Patriots’ world, EVERYTHING IS LEGAL. That’s how cheaters keep cheating.

13. Billionaires don’t go to Yelp 3 star massage parlors for a massage. Spare us your categorical denial it only serves to make your more categorically a fool.

14. If hes into human trafficing lock him up… it Looks like it’s the super bowl for non Patriots fans. Enjoy it gang. I know you’ll be shouting about it at your TV 8 months from now when Brady and the Pat’s are dabbing on your team for the billionth time.

15. “We categorically deny that Mr. Kraft engaged in any illegal activity. Because it is a judicial matter, we will not be commenting further.” which means how much do I need to pay to make this go away.

16. The happiest guy around right now must be Jussie Smollett as this story is going to dominate the news for today and probably the next few days and keep him in the background for awhile.

17. I think a year’s suspension, including prohibition to attend Patriot’s games would be sufficient. But if, as CNN reported, there was human trafficking involved, or if the “actor” in the alleged sex act was a minor, then it’s the end of the Kraft-Brady-Belichick triumvirate.

18. Do you think the cops hired Belichick’s video crew to secretly tape Kraft at the “spa”? They’re supposed to be pretty good at capturing footage without people knowing what they’re up to.

19. arealisticpackerfan says:
    February 22, 2019 at 12:54 pm
    Luckily for him, he’s a billionaire. He’ll get a slap on the wrist while the other guys get hammered.

————

I’m not even sure prostitution is a felony.

20. Wow….I mean if you OWN several sport franchises, why are you paying for sex in a strip mall? Shell out the bread for a $500 a hour escort and keep it hush.

When you’re in his position, there’s certain protocol and rules you follow to keep things…well…tucked away. With all that’s been going on, the NFL has to feel absolutely deflated. The investigators secretely videotaped him twice and actually caught him in the act. I guess Ricki Noel wasn’t enough for him.

21. Women should keep in mind that a man can have everything, money, fame, glory, etc and he still can’t do without the company of woman, even if it means having to engage in illegal activities. Ladies, your are more important and powerful than you think.

22. He Also Denied Cheating. And Cheating Again. And Again.
    This franchise is always wrapped up in controversy.
    This will cost Kraft his ownership.
    Asterisks and prostitutes abound!
    This totally just made my weekend.

23. Why should I care (assuming there was no underage issue)? Had he flown to Nevada to do this instead, it would be legal. If it were legal in more states, it would likely cut down on the human trafficking involved in some of these instances, as the demand would be covered by the legal supply.

24. araidersfan says:
    February 22, 2019 at 12:38 pm

**********************************************************************************

Florida is not Nevada, or a European country. Florida has busted many ‘massage therapy parlors’ in the last few years. A lot of these women were ‘indenture foreigners’. These women were brought here and told they would have to work off a fee first. That fee was ‘sex’ for as long as the people who brought them over wanted.

I think you need to do more research before making stupid statements.

25. For those saying cut Kraft some slack…He was caught as part of a human trafficking sting. Most of these women are kidnapped or sold and forced to perform acts on scumbags like Kraft. He’s a reason why such a crisis exists in our country.

26. I’m sure he’s guilty, but I can’t really summon any indignation over it. Unless we are talking about coercion or trafficking, this country needs to start letting adults be adults. It’s gross and probably more than a little unhealthy, but so is most of what passes for food at our restaurant chains.

27. It’d odd how they have classes to try and teach the young players to think about their actions and to realize there are cameras everywhere, yet this wizened multimillionaire who obviously has a brilliant mind for business didn’t stop to realize the same scrutiny and risks apply to him. With all his money, he cant get one of the “masseuses” to come to one of his houses?!? I envy the Patriots and their fans since I am stuck with the Lions, so I have no real feelings one way or the other, I am just amazed.

28. terripet says:
    February 22, 2019 at 12:30 pm
    Liar Kraft it’s on video

———————-

Twice! As in he’s on video visiting this facility twice. Both times are obviously just by accident and a huge misunderstanding.

29. In a press conference Friday morning, Jupiter Police chief Daniel Kerr said Kraft was charged with two counts of soliciting prostitution. Kerr said that a warrant for his arrest is with the state’s attorney’s office and will be sent to Kraft’s home in Massachusetts. Kerr said there is video evidence of Kraft involved in sex acts in a massage parlor on two occasions. Kraft got caught leaving his cheese in the wind.

30. “Had he flown to Nevada to do this instead, it would be legal. If it were legal in more states,”

Exactly!
    But he didn’t. He went to a shady “Orchid of Asia” parlor, multiple times. Instead of opting to go the illegal route, while actively supporting the human trafficking market in the process. What a great man!
    So yeah, the old – “If it were just legal, I wouldn’t have done anything wrong” defense.

31. Jerry Richardson “had” to sell his team for things he said. What should that mean for Kraft?

32. Robert Kraft, perpetuator of modern slavery. These women were tricked into leaving their home countries and forced into prostitution. Can you imagine the nightmarish lives these humans must endure?

Don’t let the defendant’s identity distract you from the reality of what happened here and what happens every day around the country.

33. Categorically denying everything is dangerous in this day and age. You know someone with the video is just waiting to make Kraft look bad. Ask Kareem Hunt. On another note, I hope we are not dealing with another Patriots case of deflated balls.

34. This investigation has been going on for 3 years. Human trafficking is at the center of this case. They have a vast amount of evidence, and for some portion of time, concealed cams caught a lot more than “payments.” They also have stated that records were found that contained dates times, and services rendered.

35. I live in Martin County Florida and this isn’t just about a massage parlor. It’s human trafficking. There are hundreds of men being arrested in 4 counties right now due to this. Plus the owners of the spas. I ask myself why in the world would he go to one of these places for a happy ending when he could just get an escort to come to his hotel/home. Probably because they sex slaves that the Chinese owners had were young. Hope there isn’t more to this story.
    Perverts.

36. Wow Kraft is a wealthy old multi billionaire i just assumed he has a gold digger and some sugar babies around him that he doesn’t need to pay for actual professionals…

37. akira1971 says:
    February 22, 2019 at 12:43 pm
    ===================

They only have video of a payment.

_______________
    Exactly where did YOU see this video?
    I’ll wait.

38. Lemme see.. got caught on camera cheating, denies it and says its fabricated… has Patriots written all over it. Hopefully Goodell isn’t involved in this investigation too

39. Read some other local reports which provide a lot more detail about the establishment. He must have some weird fetish to have gone there. That’ll end up being the most embarrassing part of this long-term.

40. All the people saying “He is involved in a Human Trafficking Ring!” and “Lock him Up!”…slow down. The place he visited may be part of a Human Trafficking investigation; as awful is that is, it is not like he had any involvement or knowledge of the trafficking part. He is a billionaire, what does he have to gain there? And lock him up…for a “Happy ending?!” Really?? Stop it…. it is a misdemeanor,he will pay a fine and be done with it. All the faux outrage makes me laugh(I’m a Jets fan btw…so, no reason to defend Kraft, it’s just not that big of a deal).

41. Filming, Video Tape without persons permission and/or acknowledgement in any type of medical or physical therapy whereby the individual removes their clothing is ILLEGAL.

Krafts attorneys will not only have this thrown out, but can counter sue.

42. terripet says:
    February 22, 2019 at 12:30 pm
    Liar Kraft it’s on video

________________

Yep video tape evidence, just like in the past.

43. “solo681 says:
    February 22, 2019 at 1:36 pm

Krafts attorneys will not only have this thrown out, but can counter sue.”

A shady Asian massage parlor is not a medical or physical therapy facility. It was also done under granted warrants, so this has already been reviewed by the legal system and approved to catch people soliciting prostitution from sex slaves.

44. Former Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson was forced to sell the team after allegations of “inappropriate workplace behavior” OK Roger, how are you going to side step this one?

45. There were several “Spas” along the Treasure Coast raided on Tuesday. Last I heard, there have been close to 300 arrest warrants issued in multiple counties, with more being prepared. These activities have been going on for several years at these locations. Online “reviews”, going back as far as 2015, detail the goings on.

46. Gotta love all the indignant comments here, as though this is some kind of unique situation.

“My venal, avaricious billionaire owner is better than yours, so there!”

Anyone who thinks that every owner in the league – and every billionaire, period – isn’t up to something illicit is fooling themselves. YOUR team’s owner just hasn’t been found out yet.

47. If this turns out to be true, I don’t know how Robert Kraft could be so stupid as to get caught up in it. Patriots haters must feel like they hit the lottery today.

48. Kraft and all other NFL owners are subject to league discipline under the Personal Conduct Policy.
    ==============================================
    Not happening! This is Goodell’s BFF (although they try to hide that fact by suspending Brady and taking draft picks every so often)

49. Robert Kraft expressed anger that law enforcement was spying on him and filming him without his consent and you know how he feels about hidden cameras and spying.

50. mykelane says:
    February 22, 2019 at 12:41 pm
    Cheating starts at the top

86 30 Rate This
    ——————————————————————————————–
    Cheating? He’s not married.
    Now, you want to discuss character, sure this is definitely suspect behavior.

51. bradygirl12 says:
    February 22, 2019 at 2:00 pm

———————————————-

It’s true, they have him on tape. To the other part of your comment, in a way, they have hit the lottery because, unfortunately, SOME Pats’ fans post comments to the effect that Pats’ organization is beyond reproach. So you would have to expect some blowback.

52. If your looking for the Patriots to enter next season with another chip on their shoulder this is it. Bob Kraft will most likely be denied to be on the field for opening game Super Bowl banner presentation. The team will dedicate the season to repeating so that he will be there for ring number 7. This is not a distraction. The players love Bob Kraft especially Tom Brady. The punishment of not being on the field is more than any dollar amount that will hurt the owner. As far as personnel decisions and the day to day operation of the team that will just be put in the hands of Jonathan Kraft and Bill Belichik. Bob Kraft will probably be suspended for 8 games which means he can’t be around the team facility or stadium or have any hand in team operations. The train will still be running and get to every station on time.

53. steelpenguin6687, I do expect the blowback…I’m used to it, and like I said, this was a very stupid thing to do. If I thought the Pats were beyond reproach ,I would be proclaiming that there is no way he was involved in this, or that Edelman was framed, etc. What can I say? It’s the only home team I’ve ever had (NFL). I don’t agree with everything they do, but they are my team. I’ve lived my whole life here.

54. “luckily for him, he’s a billionaire. He’ll get a slap on the wrist while the other guys get hammered”

You realize nobody gets “hammered” for misdemeanors don’t you? Its usually fines and community service for something like this, not jail time.

55. bradygirl12 says:
    February 22, 2019 at 2:44 pm

——————————————-

56. Please don’t take what I said the wrong way. The comment was not aimed directly at you. It was just a general comment stating that a lot of fans of other teams are going to have a field day with it because a lot of Pats’ fans think the Pats’ organization can do no wrong, and run down other teams and their fans because they are not worthy in their eyes. We are all fans of one team or another, I don’t understand why some on here can’t make a point without running another team or its fan down. I’m all for a little friendly banter, but as in all things, some take it too far, then people retaliate.
    ____________________________________________

57. The previous Panthers owner lost a team for much less. I hope that doesn’t happen to Mr. Kraft.

58. Not taken the wrong way at all…what you said is correct. Some fans DO think these guys can do no wrong. I’ve been around long enough to know that this is not always the case. I watch a lot of football. Every team has it’s issues, some more than others. In this particular case, just having the story out there about Kraft has taken the joy out of winning the Super Bowl. It’s not exactly Aaron Hernandez “bad”, but it sure isn’t good. It’s an embarrassment.

It’s funny how your tone changes when you having to defend the Pats when they have been caught doing something wrong….again. The way you talked about AB you thought the Pats never sinned……ill give you a second to wipe the egg off your face while you finish the crow.

59. He’s dating a woman half his age, and he still needs to frequent strip-mall massage parlors? Each to his own, but that’s pretty embarrassing, and it’s worse if the girls were part of a human trafficking scheme. It gives a whole new definition to the ‘Patriots’ Way’.

60. I read through all the comments and sure enough someone posted about Trump..let me guess, it is Trumps fault too? Come on get your head out of your ass. If it rains outside is that because Trump is your President too?

61. Nofoolnodrool says:
    February 22, 2019 at 5:24 pm

__________________________

When or where did I ever say that the Pats never sinned? Never happened. I just admitted in a previous post that Kraft was stupid and this looks bad. However,AB getting violent with his ex and throwing furniture 14 stories down and nearly hitting people is nothing to brag about either.

62. billsfan4life says:
    February 22, 2019 at 1:04 pm

+++
    I see what you did there. Nice play on words!

63. Man, the Patriots do not normally have legal drama but when those dudes get arrested it is usually a doozy. Murder(s), half-naked drug induced freak out at the police station and now a hooker john rolled up in a multi-state/multi-national human trafficking investigation. Ouch

64. It being reported that this was part of a human trafficking investigation into the business. Using hidden video is commonly used in these types of investigations in the state of Florida. He’s hosed.

65. If guilty he deserves any consequence coming his way. But I’m so cynical I’m still not convinced this makes the top ten “illegal things an NFL owner did in the last year” list.

66. harrisonhits2 says:

—-

A firm grasp of the justice system, you don’t have. We’ll see what Kraft gets in comparison to the average Joe who can get up to 5 years in jail, plus 5 years of probation, plus a 5 year fine for two counts of solicitation of prostitution in Florida.

Some will get jail time. I’m going to guess Kraft won’t get it. Definitely “hammered”, in comparison.

67. Not trying to condone anything here but reading some of these comments and thinking that this is just getting out of hand. I get the hate for the Pats but I mean, can’t any of you picture a different scenario where a 77 year old single man, despite all of his money and fame, still deals with loneliness or at least lacks intimacy and is therefore (obviously) relegated to stoop to this kind of behavior? When picturing this going down, do you think to yourself – this guy was fully aware that these girls were there against their will and being forced to do this? Obviously that would be the first thing out of their mouths right? Except they don’t speak English and are likely being watched the whole time. Yes, ignorance is no excuse for Kraft either, but ignorance is also important when it comes to this sort of thing. Otherwise, if he did know that they were slaves then essentially he is paying to willingly rape them right? Do you honestly think that’s what was going on here? That’s pretty heavy. Nasty nasty stuff. Have you ever listened to Kraft speak? Does he really strike you as that kind of man? I don’t think he’s that nefarious. I just don’t. And deep down neither do you. Just a dumb move by and old fool who is probably sobbing about it as I type this. Ruined. Forever done. Sad.

68. solo681 says:
    February 22, 2019 at 1:36 pm

Krafts attorneys will not only have this thrown out, but can counter sue.

_________________

You might want to study up on the law before you continue to come off as a unknowledgeable Lawyer. First this wasn’t small run of the mill massage palor not any type of medical or physical therapy facility. Second they have been under investigation for well over 8 months and had to warrants to video tape.

Educate yourself the next time, you’re on the internet put it to good use next time instead of sounding uneducated.

69. This will play until resolved. If video is released before court action the whole thing goes away regardless of what is on it.

70. Being a modern NFL Fan means putting up with 95% Noise and only 5% Actual Game.

Between constant toxic news, injuries, public extortion for stadiums, domestic abuse, PEDs, commercials, suspensions, rogue owners, oversaturated game schedules all mixed up into a nonstop football gruel forcefed to sports fans it’s amazing half the fans haven’t tuned it out entirely.