Geronimo Allison hopes to get back into groove with Packers

Getty Images

Wide receiver Geronimo Allison appeared to be on his way to a breakout year four games into the 2018 season.

He caught 19 passes for 289 yards and two touchdowns after catching 35 passes for 455 yards and two touchdowns over his first two professional seasons, which the wideout said left him feeling like he was “kind of skyrocketing and climbing.” Things would go the wrong way from there, however.

Allison’s “groove” was halted by a concussion and he then missed another game with a hamstring injury before returning to action just in time to tear his adductor muscle in practice. That injury ended his season and sent him toward restricted free agency this offseason. Allison has not been tendered yet and hopes that the team is planning to bring him back to see if he can rediscover that groove in 2019.

“I see it, like in different articles out there, so at times it crosses my mind,” Allison said, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “But for the most part I just try to stay in the moment and consistently understand that this is my home and I’m here. I’ve been doing well. I’m active in the community. My teammates love me. The organization loves me around here. So I’m happy here. It seems like they’re happy to have me here. I’ve been productive since I’ve been here, so I’m hoping to continue to be here.”

The Packers picked three receivers in last year’s draft and Davante Adams is at the top of the group, but Randall Cobb‘s expected exit in free agency could make it likelier that the Packers will bring Allison back for another year in Green Bay.

30 responses to “Geronimo Allison hopes to get back into groove with Packers

1. Allison was such a big loss last season. It will no doubt be a plus this season that MVS and EQ got more playing time last year because of Geronimo being out, but will be a huge boost having G-Mo back in the starting lineup this year.

I see Gute for sure adding at least one more WR in the draft. If Randall is let go, I could see Hollywood Brown fitting well in LaFleur’s offense. Jake Kumerow will also be in the mix this season.

GoPackGo!🧀

2. Just stay on the field. Not being able to stay healthy and on the field has kept the Packers from winning much more than they have. It hasn’t been lack of talent or execution, or coaching, or management. Primarily, it’s been injuries.

I trust the new changes will be different and there will be improvements across all fronts. That’s all any fan could ask for (besides wishing, hoping, and praying for pie-in-the-sky “guarantees”.)

3. Lower Mid Level WR4 but Packer fans think this guy is some type of All Pro.

Forget him, Keep getting MVS, ESB, & Jake the Snake Reps they all have way more upside than Jeronislow.

4. stellarperformance says:
    March 5, 2019 at 9:04 am

__________

Yep, it’s just injuries. No other team has injuries so that’s the reason so many other teams had so many more wins than the Packers. That Mike McCarthy provided great coaching. That Ted Thompson set the team up with great talent. Aaron Rodgers throwing third down passes directly into the ground is great execution. If only the Packers didn’t have such bad luck and have so many injuries. If they would have had Geronimo Allison all year, they probably would have gone 14-2.

5. The troll is really getting upset😃

You can tell he having a complete meltdown when he changes screen names at a rapid pace in every thread. All jealous of the Packers and junk.

Poor Barney

6. stellarperformance says:
    March 5, 2019 at 9:04 am
    ——————————

Why on earth would anyone say the Packers have the most delusional fan base in the NFL? I just don’t get it…….

7. I think the Packer injury-count is exactly the same as other teams…………in sheer numbers. Packer injuries, unfortunately, have been detrimentally strategic too often.

That’s all.

8. G-Mo will be back no doubt. Some of the other questions will be answered soon as well.

FA agency starts next week and the action will really start to pick up then.

I liked what Gute said at the combine about FA:

“It’s a small market so we like to be a part of a lot of the conversations. If the opportunity presents themselves, I think we’ll be ready to pull the trigger. I’m excited to get to it. The draft is how we build our team, but our team is ready to move in the free agent areas more than we have”

Gute will be active but also won’t break the bank in FA.

#InGuteWeTrust

#GoPackGo!👏☝️

9. stellarperformance says:
    March 5, 2019 at 11:35 am

That’s all.
    __________

Pure garbage. Every team loses important players at bad times. Winners overcome. Losers make excuses.

10. stellarperformance says:
    March 5, 2019 at 11:35 am
    That’s all.
    ——-
    This may be one of the lamest excuses I’ve heard of. Multiple teams have won it all or had deep playoff runs with backup QBs and other major injuries. But if the excuses make you feel better – to each their own.

11. stellarperformance says:
    March 5, 2019 at 9:04 am

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Please explain to us then how the 2010 Super Bowl winning packers, who were decimated by injuries, overcame and won?

12. freefromwhatyouare says:
    March 5, 2019 at 1:01 pm

FA agency starts next week and the action will really start to pick up then.

I liked what Gute said at the combine about FA:

Gute will be active but also won’t break the bank in FA

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

“Gute won’t break the bank in FA”.
    Make up your mind, you just posted the DeeFord or Clowney should be on GBs list of FA. Ford is 15 million and Clowney at 16 million per year.

13. I didn’t “JUST” post anything about Clowney or Ford. Never posted about any “list” they “should” be on. Before they were tagged I posted that they were POSSIBILITIES for the Packers at edge rusher. I also stated there were other edge rushers available as well.

Ford is also still very available right now. The Chiefs have stated publicly that they are very open to trading him. You can trade players you have tagged.

We will soon see what Gute does. Should be interesting. Most assume he will be obtaining at least one edge rusher in FA or by trade. Probably will be drafting one as well.

If you are going to creepily refer to my posts from other threads and from days ago, then please do work on your reading comprehension skills and refer to my posts accurately.👌

#GoPackGo!🧀

14. freefromwhatyouare says:
    March 5, 2019 at 4:52 pm

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Now I thought you didn’t respond to trolls. I was referring to your post saying gute wont break the bank in FA while mentioning Ford and Clowney as possibilities. Both would “break the bank” along with Trey Flowers BTW. Calling you out drives you mad.

15. flviking says:
    March 5, 2019 at 2:51 pm
    stellarperformance says:
    March 5, 2019 at 9:04 am

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Hello?

16. flviking says:
    March 5, 2019 at 2:51 pm
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Aaron Rodgers. SuperBowl MVP.

Next question.