Report: Cardinals have no interest in Antonio Brown

Getty Images

Less than a month ago, the Cardinals were the betting favorite to land Antonio Brown. A day ago, a report tagged the Raiders, Broncos and Cardinals as the teams “most intrigued” by a trade for the Steelers receiver.

But Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic reports the Cardinals have “no interest” in Brown.

Mike Klis of Denver’s 9News reported Monday the Broncos “are NOT — and have not been — involved in Antonio Brown. Not worth the price.”

That leaves the Raiders, and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media said Tuesday morning that the Raiders “are the one team continually staying in the mix.” So apparently the Raiders are the new favorite to land Brown.

54 responses to “Report: Cardinals have no interest in Antonio Brown

1. No interest like Gruden saying “ Khalil Mack is going to be coming back to the silver and black” only to be traded not long after.

Or no interest like, honest no interest?

2. It doesn’t say much about AB. He has all that talent but he’s such a child that nobody wants him. He has T.O. to thank for that. AB will continue to be a diva and in two years he will diva himself out of the league.

3. Unless it’s a 4th rounder or less, then I’m not interested in him wearing the Silver and Black. Just draft his cousin instead and avoid the headache. The Raiders don’t need Randy Moss 2.0.

4. Sick of this guy’s attitude. I’m not a huge Ben fan but AB doesn’t know how good he has it catching balls from a HoF QB. I hope he ends up in QB purgatory.

5. This is the one guy in the NFL I honestly don’t think Belichick could keep in line. If the Patriots sign him, he’ll be released by week 4 with a sheepish and embarrassed presser about how it just didn’t work out…swing and a miss. All the smart teams will stay away from this clown.

6. I mean who does? There’s a point where attitude over rules talent regardless of how talented you are. Mr Big Chest sealed his fate with his big mouth and now literally everyone thinks this guy is a cancer. No thank you 6 ways till Sunday.

7. Ive seen this scenario before. Brown will get traded to the Raiders. He’ll be a malcontent for 1 maybe 2 years.. Then we’ll flip him to N.E for a 7th and we know what happens next.

8. Another day, another team not interested. I wonder who it will be tomorrow? But, it only takes one—in a war of who is craziest it may come down to Chucky and Jerruh

9. This is the one guy in the NFL I honestly don’t think Belichick could keep in line. If the Patriots sign him, he’ll be released by week 4 with a sheepish and embarrassed presser about how it just didn’t work out…swing and a miss. All the smart teams will stay away from this clown.

First off the Pats are too cheap to sign him. Second if…..if….if they did they would not walk away from because they are too CHEAP. SO try another spin Francis . Belicheat is good but remember he got caught CHEATING TWICE so he is not that smart.

10. wonder why. whats not to like about a grown man that names himself mr. big chest and has the self awareness to realize how important it is to arrive at the first day of training camp in a helicopter?

11. 6burgh says:
    March 5, 2019 at 5:22 pm

Or no interest like, honest no interest?
    ———————–
    Did you even read the article? Your comment would be accurate were you speaking of Denver or the Cards.

12. As great a baller that AB is, and he has been the best in the NFL for the last 4 years, the guy just does not have the psychosocial skills necessary to co exist as a team player. He is worth the money, but, he is not worth the 24/7 aggravation and drama he would cause on ANY TEAM. No one wants to deal with his BS and his Mister Me attitude , exception being the Raiders! You don’t need football AB, you said it yourself, so GO Away!

13. radrntn,I don’t think anyone has interest at $22 per season.

As to the Raiders being the only team “still in the mix,” is that the mix of media speculation, or a documented list of teams in actual talks?

14. Brown may wind up with the Raiders. He doesn’t exactly make me think of the Old School Raidahs like Biletnikoff, but he’d be a great fit for Vegas. Gruden’s a master at shining people on, and that’s what it takes to keep Mr. Big Chest Happy. Who knows? It might work out. If not, I guess poor Antonio will just have to live with being the second highest-paid receiver in the league for Pittsburgh … or prove he’s telling the truth about not needing football and just retire.

15. I still believe the Panthers and Titans are interested. But at the end of the day The Raiders 27th overall pick (from Dallas) for Mr Big Chest and Pittsburgh’s 3rd round pick (83rd overall) should get this done.

16. I think the Steelers are trying to convince the Raiders they need AB, they would be a good fit, same with Tampa, but I think the major issue is he wants a new guaranteed contract and at his age he isn’t worth receiver top dollar. My guess is the Browns, Ravens and Patriots have offered a 7th rounder, which is all about he is worth.

The Raiders are two to three years away (if ever) to be on a division winning level, wasting a high pick on player who will be worthless then is a really bad idea. The Raiders should draft tow defensive players and a receiver in round one. If they take AB then Mayock’s job is pointless because he would never touch a looker room killer like AB.

17. Nofoolnodrool says:
    March 5, 2019 at 5:53 pm

First off the Pats are too cheap to sign him.
    ————————————————————————————–
    There is a salary cap. All teams spend up to that cap. So how can a team be called “cheap” for spending the same amount as every other team, but refusing to allocate a huge % to one guy?

18. Mike’s “Brown and Rudolph trade for Fitz and Rosen” was inconceivable. Futures unknown but Pit wouldn’t trade Rudolph for Rosen straight up.

19. Maybe the Patriots are too smart to sign him? Or maybe you are just terrible at math?

1 2 Rate This

They are cheap……think Asia Orchids versus Vegas……nuff said Francis.

20. Just waiting for the 1st real offer so everyone knows where the bidding actually starts. Don’t think he’ll make what he wants, but he’ll play.

21. r8rsfan says:
    March 5, 2019 at 5:58 pm
    6burgh says:
    March 5, 2019 at 5:22 pm

Or no interest like, honest no interest?
    ———————–

2 0 Rate This

I did yes, and my comment was relating to Gruden last summer regarding the pending Khalil Mack contract negotiations, where Gruden is on camera stating Khalil will be back for the Raiders knowing well enough he was shopping him at the same time.

So my comment was accurate, I just used a raider reference to get my point across of smoke and mirrors. Maybe re-read my comment again.

22. mlhigh says:

I love that guy, man. He’s a baller, a grinder. Total stud.
    =================================================

I see you gave yourself your one thumbs up, Antoino. I mean *cough* mlhigh.

23. grant35 says:
    March 5, 2019 at 6:41 pm

If anyone trades for him, Pats fanboys say “suckers!”. If Pats somehow get Brown, it’s “Bill is brilliant!”
    ————————————————————————————–
    Because both would be true. AB would be a disaster for a loser franchise, and a stud in NE.

24. Who among us will be the lucky guesser of Brown<s final resting spot……I say he will play one more season in Pittsburgh, but will get disactivated a couple of times !!

25. Maybe we will get to see just exactly how talented AB is without an all pro pro at running back, a HOF QB, one of the best O lines and other excellent players around him. Then again I’m pretty sure we all know how this going to play out.. ….AB I’m pretty sure you made your last pro bowl.

26. I sincerely hope he stays in the AFC North, goes to Baltimore and spends the last two-three years of his career blocking for Lamar Jackson.

27. Let me get this straight. The Raiders didnt want to pay Mack but they r willing to pay Mr. Big Chest, Mack would be way more important to any team

28. Steelers aren’t going to deal Brown to the AFCN or the Pats, so any discussion of those teams is pointless. And can’t imagine the Patriots–reigning SB champs, who clearly don’t need him–would have any interest unless they could get him for free.

29. Aaron Rogers to Antonio Brown
    They have the picks
    They have the cap.

And they are desperate for Aaron to earn the title of highest paid player in football.

Aaron is not some insecure guy that AB could mess up.

30. If there is going to be an article for each team not interested in AB playing for them, then I expect to see about 31 more articles posted.

31. foodiefoodnerd says:
    March 5, 2019 at 6:05 pm
    radrntn,I don’t think anyone has interest at $22 per season.

– – – – – – – – – – —
    The steelers would almost have to give somebody drafts picks to take on this contract. What kool aid do the steelers drink,that they think they are going to get a day one draft pick for him. March 17th will be here soon enough.Tick tock

32. Surprised that so many people on this site hate AB so much more than OBJ or TO, to me they are all the same. Phenomenal talent that let themselves get in the way.

33. I was hoping the Cardinals would do a swop between Antonio Brown and Patrick Peterson. The Steelers are always looking for cornerbacks and I think Peterson would find a home at Pittsburgh. Where ever he goes I hope it works out for him and the Steelers. He did some incredible stuff while at Pittsburgh and his career isn’t over.

34. Referring back to the good ole quote that’s been uttered on this site hundreds of times:
    “Million dollar talent, ten cent head.” Shame

35. From the look on Gruden’s face I don’t think that he thought that his fresh new Raiders team was going to get throttled like that week after week. He wants to win and Brown can help him do it.

36. Me: No one in their right mind would want AB at this point.
    Media: The Raiders want AB.
    Me: I stand by my previous statement.