Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr was ready to leave, and then he decided to stay. He emerges from the situation with a five-year, $67.5 million deal.
Here’s the full breakdown of the contract:
1. Signing bonus: $13 million.
2. 2019 base salary: $2.9 million, fully guaranteed.
3. 2020 base salary: $10 million, guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2020 league year.
4. 2021 base salary: $12.3 million, $7.1 million of which is guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2021 league year.
5. 2022 base salary: $12.4 million.
6. 2023 base salary: $14.9 million.
7. 2021-2023 per-game roster bonuses: $31,250 per game, up to $500,000 per year.
The deal also includes up to $3 million in escalators based on sacks from 2020 through 2023.
All told, Barr will receive $15.9 million fully guaranteed at signing and total guarantees of $33 million. And the Vikings will keep one of these key defensive players in place, at least for the next few years.