Holton Hill to use four-game suspension as “learning experience”

Getty Images

Holton Hill will have to wait a while before making his 2019 debut. He first must serve a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.

The NFL announced the suspension in April. Hill talked about it last week.

“I’m just learning from my mistakes, knowing what you put into your body,’’ Hill said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. “I’m responsible for everything that goes into it. I’m taking it as a learning experience, and I’m just growing from there.’’

Hill didn’t make excuses, but he also wouldn’t name the substance. He told Tomasson it was for pre-workout, and he was unaware it was on the banned list.

He vows to become “more educated” with everything he takes.

For now, Hill will have to take his medicine.

He played 57 percent of the snaps in the final nine games after the Vikings were hit with injuries. The undrafted free agent ended up playing 374 defensive snaps and 260 special teams snaps during his rookie season.

Hill hopes to be able to jump right back in for the fifth game this season.

“Just knowing that I’m not going to be here for the first four games, I still prepare myself as if I was going to be here,’’ said Hill, who will lose $134,118 of his $570,000 salary. “Everything that I put into the tank, it’s going to eventually come out, and the more work I do, it doesn’t matter when I get the opportunity, it’s going to come for sure.”

22 responses to “Holton Hill to use four-game suspension as “learning experience”

1. Wafflestomp says:
    June 16, 2019 at 1:03 pm
    It’s shocking that even with the amount of cheating this team does, they still couldn’t muster more than 8 wins.
    *****
    It’s amazing that even with a $110-million over-rated QB, the Packers can’t muster more than 7 wins and better than third in the NFC North the past two seasons. They’ve been about as impressive as watching Aaron Rodgers chug a beer.

2. Wafflestomp says:
    June 16, 2019 at 1:03 pm

@@@@@@@@@@@&

It’s shocking that even with the amount of whining the packers do they still couldn’t muster more than 6 wins

3. Holton Hill also failed a drug test while at Texas and at the NFL Combine.

I think it is safe bet that this cheating and PED bust are not going to be the last issues this Vikings player has.

4. Still can’t believe this guy was an UDFA and Zimmer turned him into a better NFL cornerback than any of our recent first and second round picks (Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson, Kevin King, Quinten Rollins, Damarion Randle). Imagine if we could draft or coach.

5. arealisticpackerfan says:
    June 16, 2019 at 3:17 pm
    ________

6. flviking says:
    June 16, 2019 at 2:38 pm

~~~~~~~~

That’s it? That’s the best you can do?
    How embarrassing!
    You racked your brains all morning, and let’s face it, you did!
    You racked your brains all morning and that’s the best you came up with?
    Something that doesn’t even make sense, nor is the least bit funny.
    Now, I’ve seen your trolling before, and to be quite honest with you, I’ve never been very impressed.
    But I’ve got to tell you, this is pretty weak. Even for you.

7. Wafflestomp says:
    June 16, 2019 at 4:04 pm

*************
    The Minnesota Vikings have led the NFL in PED suspensions over the last 5 seasons coinciding with Zimmer’s coaching tenure.
    There actually could be something to this.
    And then you have the Kevin and Pat Williams Starcaps incident to think about.
    Though it predates Zimmer, it obviously shows a culture of PED cheating and denial that’s resided in Minnesota for quite some time.
    A trait shown by the administration, players and fans. Sad.

8. 0 For Forever says:
    June 16, 2019 at 4:26 pm
    flviking says:
    June 16, 2019 at 2:38 pm

~~~~~~~~

That’s it? That’s the best you can do?
    How embarrassing!
    You racked your brains all morning, and let’s face it, you did!
    You racked your brains all morning and that’s the best you came up with?
    Something that doesn’t even make sense, nor is the least bit funny.
    But I’ve got to tell you, this is pretty weak. Even for you

@@@@@@&&&&&&&&

At least I use flviking as my screen name. How many SNs are you using? 🤣👋👏🤓👍

9. Seriously, how difficult can it be to coach up some of these roided up freaks of nature that Zimmer obviously turns a blind eye to.

—-

Our boys in GB should take ‘roids if that’s the case. I’d rather have them for 12 good games than 16 horrendous ones.

10. Karras71 says:
    June 16, 2019 at 4:42 pm
    Wafflestomp says:
    June 16, 2019 at 4:04 pm

*************
    There actually could be something to this.
    And then you have the Kevin and Pat Williams Starcaps incident to think about.
    A trait shown by the administration, players and fans. Sad
    ____
    Talking to yourself again? Where is your bear fan sn?

11. tylawspick6 says:
    June 16, 2019 at 6:44 pm

It is simply shocking how mean nice midwestern people can be to one another.
    ——-
    Agreed. Happy Fathers Day to all, don’t ya know.

12. That keeps the record perfect, so far there has still never been an athlete who ever used ‘roids knowingly, it’s ALWAYS just a bad supplement or an oversight. Just once before I die, I’d like someone to say, hell yeah I used, I was trying to get an edge, knew the penalty for getting caught was no big deal, and got caught… I have to get better at masking, dammit.

13. tylawspick6:
    —————-
    Yeah, I wouldn’t use this forum as a realistic view of the Upper Midwest. Just go visit, especially the smaller towns, & enjoy the piece. Also, the night sky is worth the trip alone.

14. Despite missing the first 4 games of the season, Mr. Hill will have plenty of opportunities to learn how to grab and hold WR’s at the tutelage of Trae Waynes in training camp. He should be ready to start grabbing jerseys in game 5 like he never missed a beat.

15. Karras71 says:
    June 16, 2019 at 4:42 pm

_________

That is not a true statement.