Vikings to hold 16 open practices

AP

The Vikings have an excellent new training facility. And they wisely intend to continue to show it off.

The Vikings have announced their training-camp schedule for 2019, with 16 practices open to the public.

Camp opens on July 26, with no joint practices on the schedule. Last year, the Vikings practiced with the Jaguars in advance of a preseason game.

Last year, the Vikings also failed to qualify for the playoffs. This year, then, the focus apparently will shift to ensuring that the reconfigured offense is ready to compete when Week One rolls around.

40 responses to “Vikings to hold 16 open practices

1. The Vikings charge their fans $20 tickets for the only seats where you can see any of the action. Parking another $12.

I’m glad they at least have a good number of practices open, but it is a JOKE to charge your fans for every open practice.

2. Up to 4K tickets to each practice are free if bought in advance, and parking in advance is $10, although you can park free in the surrounding neighborhoods. You can pay for reserved seating and season ticket holders can reserve in advance. It’s more fun to wander around rather than sit in reserved seats anyhow — the facility is pretty cool. I think NFL teams gouge their fans as much as anyone, but the Vikes offer plenty of low cost, or free alternatives. Geez, I sound like I work for them.

3. The reserved seats are actually not as good as the free seats. I went last year and sat right in front of the field that they were practicing on. The reserved seats were much further away. The only benefit to the reserved seats is there’s a canopy over them to shield you from the sun. Part of the fun of training camp is roasting while sitting on bleachers. Reminds me of Lambeau.

4. gleamingtherube says:
    June 20, 2019 at 11:50 am

It’s another opportunity to purchase $10 beer and watch grown adults push kids out of the way to beg for autographs. Nice facility though.
    ________

The Vikings have a very organized autograph policy. Each day after practice, designated players are made available for autographs and people stand in line for the player they want. This year, you have to be under 18 to get into the autograph line.

5. Man isn’t anything good enough any more? So much negativity about open practices? You have got to be kidding me, welcome to social media where everyone thinks they are famous and and a comedian. I think its great they are doing it, sure back in the old days in Mankato it was free but I don’t see anything wrong with charging money for open practices. My nephew has been to the autograph line many times and never has had a problem, some of the player even though the hour was up stayed after to sign things.

6. As I read some of these comments I see there are quite a few ill-informed Packer fans. Who would have though that?

7. Too funny, NFL teams charging to watch practices. I guess you can clearly see which teams really care about their fans, and which ones clearly view their fans with nothing but $$$ in their eyes.
    How sad and predictable.

8. Has anybody noticed that freefromcommonsense claims to know everything about everything.

In reality, he/she knows absolutely nothing about most everything.

9. The Vikings charge their fans $20 tickets for the only seats where you can see any of the action. Parking another $12.

______________________________________________

They should have sold them some paper stock instead.

10. Outpost 31 says:
    June 20, 2019 at 1:57 pm
    How sad and predictable.
    ————————————

Security, sanitation and logistical staff aren’t volunteers genius. If the team is making a profit from practices I’m sure it’s minuscule. The economic illiteracy in this country is staggering.

11. I just enjoy making fun of the Vikings and their fans, because the Vikings are terrible, and you Vikings fans are terrible people.

12. There is a full meltdown taking place here.

I do not doubt there is sweating, shaking and stomping of feet involved. This is quite typical. Look for more rapid SN changes.

Poor Barney

13. freefromwhatyouare says:
    June 20, 2019 at 2:54 pm
    There is a full meltdown taking place here.

Poor Barney
    ————————————-

Hey kid, hasn’t your Mom told you to go get a job yet?

14. I just enjoy making fun of the Packers and their fans, because the Packers are terrible, and you packer fans are terrible people.
    —–
    I see what you did there…sick burn.

15. Liberalsruineverything says:
    June 20, 2019 at 2:45 pm
    Outpost 31 says:
    June 20, 2019 at 1:57 pm
    How sad and predictable.
    ————————————

___________

Well, I guess it’s nice to see that some teams are more than willing to eat those costs rather than passing them along to their already loyal fans.
    It’s those subtle differences that separate some teams from others, winners and losers, if you will.

16. I just enjoy making fun of the Packers and their fans, because the Packers are terrible, and you packer fans are terrible people.
    —–
    I see what you did there…sick burn.
    ____________
    Stupid comment for stupid comment. Glad you got your own in there as well.

17. gtodriver says:
    June 20, 2019 at 2:13 pm

In reality, he/she knows absolutely nothing about most everything.

9 20

@@@@@@&@@@@&@&@&&&&&

It’s funny how free constantly changes his screen name to give himself either multiple thumbs up or multiple thumbs down. Pretty obvious
    0-59

18. Wafflestomp says:
    June 20, 2019 at 3:40 pm

——————————————

Fans that are so loyal they are satisfied with 25+ years of HOF quarterbacks and 2 Super Bowl trophies. Culminating in 2 straight losing seasons and the next one a few months away. What’s the excuse going to be this year? I’m seriously curious.

19. wilkersonswobblykankles says:

They should have sold them some paper stock instead.
    ###

Real stock, when purchased, is worth something. There is a risk that in the future is could be worth nothing, but there is also a chance that it could increase in value.

Packer stock (both the fake stuff and the real stock), once purchased is worth nothing. It will never be worth anything as it can’t be sold.

20. Liberalsruineverything says:

Wafflestomp says:
    June 20, 2019 at 3:40 pm

——————————————

__________

C’mon, Man, don’t cry.
    ——————————

Good comeback Dave. You got me.

22. gtodriver says:
    June 20, 2019 at 4:21 pm
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It must be worth something to the 360,000 fans from around the world that purchased it. It must look good framed and hanging on the wall, a real conversation piece. What about the Viking Legacy Bricks? Where’s yours? It’s difficult to hang on a wall, but I know exactly where you can put it!

23. Liberalsruineverything says:
    June 20, 2019 at 4:40 pm
    Wafflestomp says:
    June 20, 2019 at 4:33 pm
    Liberalsruineverything says:
    June 20, 2019 at 4:20 pm
    Wafflestomp says:
    June 20, 2019 at 3:40 pm

——————————————

__________

C’mon, Man, don’t cry.
    ——————————

Good comeback Dave. You got me.
    ___________

Thanks, Eugene.

24. Liberalsruineverything says:
    June 20, 2019 at 4:20 pm
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

An excuse one year to the next is better than an excuse from one century to the next, isn’t it? I mean, if you’re seriously curious.

25. freefromwhatyouare says:
    June 20, 2019 at 11:40 am

________

Just for the sake of accuracy, reserved seats are $15 and anyone can go for free. Parking is $10.

You sure have been commenting on a lot of Vikings stories lately, considering you constantly state that you only comment on Packer stories.

26. stellarperformance says:
    June 20, 2019 at 4:43 pm

————————————

I can imagine how that conversation goes.

Neighbor: “Hey Stella, what’s that piece of paper on your wall?”
    Stella: “That’s my Packer Stock!”
    Neighbor: “How much is it’s value?”
    Stella: “Well, I don’t know, I can’t sell it.”
    Neighbor: “How much was it?”
    Stella: “Only a few hundred bucks!”
    Neighbor: “How many suckers have bought these!?”
    Stella: “No, it’s pronounced Packers.”

27. I realize that the Packer stock sales are used as a punchline by most of the clueless Barneys.
    It’s actually quite sad that they don’t understand their true significance.

In the early years the Packers had to rely on the generosity of local businesses to supply the team with the necessities of uniforms and basic equipment.
    A special salute to the Indian Packing Co.

As time went on, it became quite obvious that taking the team public was the only way to compete with teams that had the benefit of a deep pocketed owner.
    In fact, it took as many a three large stock offerings to keep the Packers solvent and from ultimately going under.
    Yes, the fans took up for their favorite team. Several times.
    And I, for one, am glad they did.

Obviously with the shared revenue agreement and the ever increasing popularity of the Packers themselves, the stock sale has basically been relegated to a nice souvenir used to fund future stadium projects.

I actually own three shares from the 1950 sale.
    They were passed down to me from my grandfather, and eventually, they’ll belong to my oldest grandson. 4th generation.
    Two I keep in a safe deposit box, while one is matted and framed hanging on my office wall.
    Though I fully understand why you all consider them a joke, I know those “worthless pieces of paper” were integral in keeping the Packers in Green Bay.
    Which makes them quite priceless to me.

28. Bad news. Vikings just announced no autographs for adults at training camp. There will be a lot of disappointed Viking trolls in the resale market, likely unable to pay rent.

29. Liberalsruineverything says:
    June 20, 2019 at 4:20 pm

Wafflestomp says:
    June 20, 2019 at 3:40 pm

——————————————

_____________________________

Rodgers didn’t have enough freedom to run the offense the way HE wanted to run it.

Eat the cost????? No its called investing in the future so fans can come and participate and be around an atmosphere they don’t get to see often. I loved going to training camp and watching the different facets that make up the team. The term fan is derived from the word fanatic and some fans like different aspects of going to camp some don’t. The Helmet Hike is going to be awesome, kids get to carry a player’s helmet to practice.

You want to sell your product right? That’s what the Vikings are doing among other 31 teams in the league. You don’t have to win a Super Bowl to make money. You can have all the “World Championships” and if the team is not making money, those trophies are about as good as they were getting the Packers to the play-offs the past two seasons.

Camp is all about the kids and fans who want to enjoy the atmosphere of camp. Its not about winning anything. Its no different than when you go to s restaurant, your paying for atmosphere most of the time, the experience and then the food.

Look, if your a fan of a band and the don’t win a Grammy every year or win Artist of the year, Band of the Year or what ever stupid award they give out now days. Do you not like and support the band anymore? No you still go to the concerts, but the merch, spend big buck on Meet and Greets and……enjoy the experience.