Baker Mayfield ties the knot

Getty Images

It’s been an eventful year or so for Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield. For Mayfield personally, the biggest event of all recently took place.

Via USA Today, Mayfield has gotten married. The event happened in Malibu. His wife is Emily Wilkinson; the couple got engaged last July.

Former Oklahoma teammates like Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray, Jaguars receiver Dede Westbrook, and Ravens tackle Orlando Brown Jr. attended.

Mayfield has a couple of weeks to honeymoon with his bride, before getting back to his lingering honeymoon in Cleveland, where Browns fans are feeling like the team could return to the playoffs for the first time since 2002 — and where they believe they’ve finally found a quarterback who’ll lead the team far longer than most marriages last.

38 responses to “Baker Mayfield ties the knot

1. This guy is so unlikeable but I don’t see how the Browns miss the playoffs this year.

2. Unlikable by who? His coaches, teammates, local media and Browns fans like him just fine. Doesnt matter if hes not liked by opponents. Helloo!

3. I can’t understand why any pro athlete would ever get married when over 95 percent of the time, it’s all about money for the woman. Can’t these guys see this by now?

4. thermanmerman99 says:
    July 7, 2019 at 7:19 pm

I can’t understand why any pro athlete would ever get married
    ————————————————————————————–
    Have you ever said anything positive about anything? All I see is whining and complaining even in response to this happy news.

5. Not a Browns fan. But I hope Baker was smart enough to make her sign a pre-nup….

6. LandOf10000MethLabs says:
    July 7, 2019 at 8:14 pm
    Seems like every NFL quarterback has a smoking hot wife.
    ==============================================================
    the HS and college QB usually gets the hottest girl too.

7. mikeratbastardshanahandjob says:
    July 7, 2019 at 8:10 pm
    =====================================================================================
    a pre-nup would be a waste of time because he only has 1 year of earnings. most of his money is in the future which she would be a fool to give up equal access to

8. mediasloppy says:
    July 7, 2019 at 7:51 pm

I could care less about the Browns but as an actual human being, I hope things turn out the best and they have a glorious future.

1 thumb up 9 thumbs down Rate This.
    —–
    Who thumbs down a hopefully successive marriage? Man social media is the greatest threat to humanity…

9. GOD bless, best of luck! I hope you grow very old together and have many children, grandchildren and more, and die in each others arms a 100 years from now. I’m a big Bills fan, but love transcends football.

10. IMHO, pro athletes should do the Derek Jeter thing (at least as far as waiting to marry) and wait until they are retired and full grown men before considering marriage, IF they consider it at all.

11. mediasloppy says:

A rich and famous 24 year-old guy gets married to a young chick in 2019. You can “hope” for success all you want, but I don’t like the odds.

12. theghostofottograham says:
    July 8, 2019 at 9:40 am
    All the trolls that don’t like Baker are the very ones that wished he would have been on their favorite team after they saw the highlights from the Jets game last year!

0 0 Rate Down

————————

Thank you.

13. So many negative comments about getting married and disparaging his bride and it’s not right. Just because he’s wealthy doesn’t mean she’s a gold digger and there are plenty of players who’ve gotten married and their marriages are just fine over their careers. The problem is that we only hear about the people who have issues and those issues are magnified for media purposes.

14. IMO Way to young…but best of luck and if things aren’t working get out before contract #2!

15. Congratulations to the newlyweds!! Browns fans hope he’ll stay dangerous – Emily more likely hoping he’ll stay sweet, stay attentive. What’s with the cynicism towards marriage? Here’s hoping that they have children and live long, happy lives together.

16. She’s four years older than him. I guess we know who the adult in the relationship is. Good luck to them.

17. Umm, no. As a Pats fan, I had no interest in my team drafting Manziel Jr. NO interest.

———————————

If you think Baker is Johnny Pt. 2, you really have paid NO attention to him or his game. His attitude, leadership, and skills are MUCH different than Johnny’s. As a Browns fan, you can trust me on that. We had to deal with two+ years of that Johnny crap and we can all safely tell you without reservation that Baker is NO Johnny.