Packers discourage selling tickets to shareholders meeting

Getty Images

The Packers are usually a tough ticket home or road, but the team’s now in the unusual position of trying to quash the secondary market for tickets to their annual shareholders meeting.

According to Richard Ryman of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, the Packers are trying to discourage shareholders from selling their tickets to the meeting. There were at least six such listings on Craigslist, ranging from $5 to $26, and one offer to give up the seat for free.

“When we are made aware of such things that would not be permitted we . . . attempt to make contact and ask the individual to take it down. If necessary, we would use a cease-and-desist type of communication,” Popkey said. “When these situations occur, which are not very frequent, they are usually understood with a conversation or email.”

The Packers have 361,169 shareholders representing 5,009,562 shares. Shareholders can vote for the team’s 42-member board of directors, but the shares do not pay dividends and cannot be traded.

35 responses to “Packers discourage selling tickets to shareholders meeting

1. Richard Ryman printed one of the listings in his Press Gazette article about this and it is obvious the person who made the ad had never been to a actual shareholders meeting. Probably didn’t have access to the meeting at all. Just a failed scam. Possibly a child troll much like the one on here.

#GoPackGo!🏈

2. As low as $0? Best act now before those asking prices drop to the inevitable negative values.

3. Aaron Popkey, the Packers director of public affairs, said that part of the shareholder agreement is that they won’t do anything to profit from that status.

——————————————————————————–

Should just call them donors instead of shareholders.

4. Why anyone would want to pay to attend this is beyond me…and I’m speaking as a shareholder whose attended one meeting.

Basically it’s a one big circle J

5. Yeah, there’s nothing to this whole stockholder thingy. Nobody cares. Right.

I don’t recall half of US Bank Stadium filling up to listen to people selling Legacy Bricks, but the price of both souvenirs was the same.

6. the shares do not pay dividends and cannot be traded

In other words, they’re not shares.

I’m amazed that anyone proudly claiming to be a Packers “share”holder can figure out how to put on pants in the morning.

7. I remember when Viking fans bought up the used urinal troughs from the Metrodome teardown.

Those urinal troughs are the closest thing to a shiny trophy that Viking fans have ever seen.

8. If you want to buy a commemorative share for the Man Cave…..have at it.
    But living in the Twin Cities among many Packer fans, I can assure you that some Packer fans buy these up and actually believe they’re part owner. So not kidding.
    They brag about who has the most shares and believe the paper means something.

Such a farce it’s laughable.

9. stellarperformance says:
    July 12, 2019 at 8:58 am
    Yeah, there’s nothing to this whole stockholder thingy. Nobody cares. Right.

———————————

You’re missing the funny part Stella. The Viking fans that bought bricks knew what they bought. The lemming Packer fans actually think they own part of the team.

10. “Part of the shareholder agreement is that they won’t do anything to profit from that status.” If any other organization stipulated that for shares of “stock,” the SEC would be all over them in a heartbeat. It isn’t stock, and holders are not owners. As even Stella acknowledges, they have purchased souvenirs, not ownership.

11. If you’re going to be out of town and a die hard fan get a rare glimpse whats the big deal?
    Oh no… they made 5-20 dollars that they can use to put in their gas tank.

Its not like those few votes will actually matter if you have 361.169 ‘shareholder’ votes for the 42 board of cheerleaders. The cease-and-desist part was funny. Don’t take yourselves too seriously now.

12. The Vikings used to have a “Sponsor the roof” campaign, vowing that it was the best roof in the history of roofs. Vikings fans would pay whatever they could and then point to a part of the roof that supposedly had their name on. That all came crashing down.

Now, rumor has it that if you’re a fan of the worst franchise in NFL History, you can sponsor the dead birds and even name them.

13. ariani1985 says:
    July 12, 2019 at 8:44 am
    I was there last year and half the crowd had on bears and Vikings jerseys.

So if you were there you have to own Packer stock. Therefore you are supporting the Packers. On behalf of the other diehard Packer fans, thanks for your support of the Greatest team in the NFL. By the way, I was there and didn’t see any other jerseys but the home or away jerseys of the Packers.

14. I made the mistake of parking in downtown Green Bay with two tickets to the shareholders meeting on my dashboard. When I came back to my car, the window was smashed and there were four tickets to the shareholders meeting on the dashboard.

15. “I was there last year and half the crowd had on bears and Vikings jerseys”

========

The shareholders meeting was moved inside because of weather for the first time last year. Funny that you wouldn’t mention that.

Must suck ALWAYS getting lies exposed.

Poor Barney

#GoPackGo!🏈

16. tinye67 says:
    July 12, 2019 at 9:26 am
    If you want to buy a commemorative share for the Man Cave…..have at it.
    They brag about who has the most shares and believe the paper means something.

Such a farce it’s laughable.
    ___________

Yeah, we’ve got a similar problem over here.
    A few of the Barneys who went out and bought those urinal troughs from the Metrodump, always peeing in them and bragging about who peed in them the most.
    Disgusting, but seriously, what else would you expect.
    You try to explain to them that it’s just useless sheet metal, but they just don’t listen.
    Seriously, if you really want to talk about laughable.

17. Ok…so apparently you can’t just give the birds just any name. You have to name it after your favorite failed Vikings season or embarrassing moment.

With only about 300 bird deaths so far, that means sometime in the 2084 season supply of dead birds will meet the demand of embarrassing moments / failed seasons, and so if your favorite is already taken, at that time you can double up.

18. freefromwhatyouare says:
    July 12, 2019 at 11:27 am

“I was there last year and half the crowd had on bears and Vikings jerseys”

========

Must suck ALWAYS getting lies exposed.
    ___________

So if he doesn’t mention a meaningless detail that has nothing to do with what he was saying, he’s lying?

And of course he’s lying. He’s a well-known troll who constantly makes these kinds of comments in a pitiful effort to try to make the team he hates look bad. Kind of like you.

19. cheeseisfattening says:
    July 12, 2019 at 11:37 am
    Block them from reselling their home game tickets and the issues they have selling out home playoff games will become issues every regular season home game.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How? What issues? They’ve been sold out since 1959. They have a thirty year wait list for season tickets. All the wishful, hopeful, and prayerful thinking in the world can’t change that fact.

20. cheeseisfattening says:
    July 12, 2019 at 11:37 am
    __________

ariana, your rambling statements have become less coherent with the passing days.

21. Liberalsruineverything says:
    July 12, 2019 at 9:26 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There’s a sucker born every minute. If you actually think Packer fans from every corner of the world didn’t know exactly what they were purchasing, then it’s you!

22. Wafflestomp says:
    July 12, 2019 at 5:08 pm
    cheeseisfattening says:
    July 12, 2019 at 11:37 am
    __________

Hey
    Wafflestomp
    wafflestomp
    SunnyD1965
    Space Age Love Song
    Spac Age Love Song
    TrapperKeeper
    arealisticvikingfan

it looks like I’m hitting a nerve tying to put it back on me. Too bad, I can prove it on you are blindly attempting to save grace

23. stellarperformance says:
    July 12, 2019 at 5:37 pm

There’s a sucker born every minute.
    ————————————

Truer words were never spoken. I’ve been to Lambeau and saw the cultists with my own eyes. Disturbing.

24. cheeseisfattening says:

SunnyD1965
    Space Age Love Song
    Spac Age Love Song
    TrapperKeeper
    arealisticvikingfan

_________

If you have proof, present it.
    I’ve never been shy about my opinion, obviously, so I have no reason to hide behind someone else’s alias.
    Where I’ve caught ariana repeatedly posting under various monickers.
    This included making the same lame, lackluster fat jokes that you’ve been so fond of posting.
    Suspicious indeed.

25. Wafflestomp and wafflestomp are both mine, the rest, I have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about.
    If you have proof, present it.
    Where I’ve caught ariana repeatedly posting under various monickers.
    ———–
    Search each name with Profootballtalk in the query.
    Go to the name and it the wafflestomp account under the link. for each name.
    there permanently for all to see.
    Can’t keep the w/W straight while changing the name back, huh?

Next up your group of other team names.
    PurpleReign
    Karras71
    BearDown
    Outpost31
    0 For Forever
    Bucyou56
    JerryT00N
    lutefiskisfasttening
    Crash Test Rummies
    Raider Bob

26. Wafflestomp and wafflestomp are both mine, the rest, I have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about.
    If you have proof, present it.
    Where I’ve caught ariana repeatedly posting under various monickers.
    ———
    Caught me how? show it like i just did
    You not only hide behind multiple names you talk to yourself and complement your self. 😛

27. cheeseisfattening says:
    July 12, 2019 at 7:30 pm
    If you have proof, present it.
    Where I’ve caught ariana repeatedly posting under various monickers.
    ———–
    Search each name with Profootballtalk in the query.
    Go to the name and it the wafflestomp account under the link. for each name.
    there permanently for all to see.
    Can’t keep the w/W straight while changing the name back, huh?

Next up your group of other team names.
    PurpleReign
    Karras71
    BearDown
    Outpost31
    0 For Forever
    Bucyou56
    JerryT00N
    lutefiskisfasttening
    Crash Test Rummies
    Raider Bob
    ____________

Absolutely none of these names are associated with any e-mail I’ve ever used.
    And you’re constantly attributing quotes to me I’ve never posted, including some from regular posters in here.
    It’s downright bizarre.

As I’ve said before, you make one lousy detective.
    And your obsession with me borders on just plain weird.
    Get out of the house, get some fresh air and enjoy the weather.
    It’s beautiful outside.