Aaron Rodgers expected to practice Sunday

Getty Images

According to Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com, the Packers quarterback is expected to return to practice Sunday when the Packers resume work.

“Yeah, that’s the plan, but you know, a lot of it is going to be predicated on how he feels,” Packers coach Matt LaFleur said. “I think he feels better, but we’ll see Sunday.”

The Packers actually planned to play Rodgers a quarter last night (for some reason), but the team decided to keep him out as a precaution. Since there’s little chance he’d play in the preseason finale, next week’s game in Winnipeg would be his only chance to play in the preseason.

Rodgers only played seven snaps in the preseason last year, but that was an in offense he knew (even if he might have hated it sometimes). This year, he and LaFleur are building a relationship, so a little work might be helpful before the start of the regular season.

35 responses to “Aaron Rodgers expected to practice Sunday

1. Back tightness, my foot! Erin didn’t play Thursday night because he didn’t want to play against a real NFL defense.

2. What a shocker that Florio is trying to say there is a “conflict” between Rodgers and LaFleur and Aaron doesn’t want to play in the preseason.

When Aaron plays on Thursday I guess that means LaFleur won right Florio?

I can’t wait for the headline👍

3. He better be playing. I was given a couple tickets, so I will be going. NFL will never be in Winnipeg again. Anyone else going try the Walby Burger, 5lbs. $45.

SKOL

4. TheBloomer0069 says:
    August 16, 2019 at 7:45 pm

——

I guess this could be true. Who knows? He will have to face one week one, and then not again until November.

5. tokyosandblaster says:
    August 16, 2019 at 8:19 pm

——————————————

You forgot about the defense in week 2 that he hasn’t beat in 965 days.

6. It’ll be interesting how many full seasons Rodgers has left. He missed most of 2017, and last year he didn’t miss any games but was not that mobile for many of them.

He’s already missed as many games as 42 year old Brady due to injury, despite having played 7 fewer seasons and being 7 years younger.

He’s definitely post prime now, the only question is how long he plays. Probably 3 years tops.

7. The most passive-aggressive back injury of all time. I do, however, feel like Rodgers has earned the right to sit out the preseason if he wants too

8. If Rodgers plays three more years, I’ll take it. So would most every other team in the league, especially the Vikings.

9. freefromwhatyouare says:
    August 16, 2019 at 7:47 pm
    What a shocker that Florio is trying to say……
    ————-
    Except he isn’t the author of this article.

10. stellarperformance says:
    August 17, 2019 at 9:32 am

Agreed, I would like nothing more than to have a decling Rodgers in Green Bay for 3 more years. Yes most every other team would like that.

11. freefromwhatyouare says:
    August 16, 2019 at 7:47 pm

I can’t wait for the headline
    ————–
    Make sure to double check the byline on said article. Looks like the Wisconsin public school system failed again.

12. It’s okay to admit your blind hero worship of aaron makes you appear foolish more often than not. I know your prone to angry outbursts ever since Shopko went bankrupt and left you with a lot of time to fill throughout your day.

13. Liberalsruineverything says:
    August 16, 2019 at 8:54 pm
    You forgot about the defense in week 2 that he hasn’t beat in 965 days.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How could anybody forget the vaunted defense that perennially comes up small? Plus, what have the Vikings accomplished during this “power vacuum,” besides attaboys?

As usual, all hat……no cattle.

14. Why are there so many Vikings comments on a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with Minnesota? My God they clearly have nothing better to do than focus on their competition.

15. “My subjective belief”

How about some objective thoughts on Aaron Rodgers and the Packers once in a while. That too much to ask for?

16. Rodgers has missed a significant amount of time during the last four seasons. When he was able to play, he was physically hampered and limited with various maladies, and had to compensate for an underperforming defense.

Those days are over. Rodgers is healthy. The defense made some moves to improve. That’s why the trolls are addicted to Packer stories on this site. They’re concerned and have every right to be. The Vikings failed to take advantage of the power vacuum the last few years, and now it’s too late.

I’ll bet that scenario sounds familiar to Viking fans by now, doesn’t it? Too late?

17. “The back tightness that kept Aaron Rodgers from playing Thursday night won’t keep him sidelined for long.”
    ###

Thursday is only a few days away.

Of course, he may use the excuse that the turf in Winnipeg isn’t NFL turf instead of claiming to have “back tightness”.

Rodgers has become spineless as he’s gotten older, slower, injury prone and realized his skills are rapidly declining.

18. goatherder apparently thinks his myopic opinions are worth something, because he keeps spewing. His narrow-mindedness is challenged by everyone, all the time. That level of loser-mentality perseverance can only be accomplished by being a Viking fan. .

19. Rodgers has missed a significant amount of time during the last four seasons. When he was able to play, he was physically hampered and limited with various maladies, and had to compensate for an underperforming defense.

Those days are over. Rodgers is healthy.
    ————-
    Rodgers was healthy at this time each of the last four seasons. So you like to make predictions? Why is this season going to be different?

20. cheeseisfattening says:
    August 18, 2019 at 1:41 pm
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Because, with this team, sight unseen, I feel a familiar confidence. It’s happened more than once before, and I’ve been right before. I will say this; I think the Packers will win the NFCN, and it may take a victory at US Bank Stadium on MNF, 12-23-19, to get there. I think we can all agree that would be a fun game, regardless.

We’ll see.

21. Aaron is +still being held out of practice today(Sunday) with back tightness.

I guess there is no “tension” between LaFleur and Rodgers. It also wasn’t that he just “didn’t want to play” against the Ravens.

They say it’s precautionary today as well, but I am officially interested in what this back issue is and need more than “it’s just precautionary.”

22. gtodriver says:
    August 18, 2019 at 3:17 pm
    No touchdowns scored in the playoffs in any of the full regulation seasons…
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I still don’t understand your infatuation with such a personal and innocuous “attack!”

Is this somehow worse than owning the all-time NFL record for postseason losses, not to mention including all pre-merger teams when only “six” teams played? There should’ve been a lot of repeat losers from those ranks. Nope, Vikings own it. They also own the all-time NFL record for the most one-and-done postseason appearances.

But you’re saying…..not scoring a touchdown in a lone regular season postseason game during the Packer Dark Years……is somehow worse than that?

Bizarro World strikes again.

Now get started pumping up your numbers to show how “wrong” I am.

23. stellarperformance says:
    August 18, 2019 at 2:25 pm
    cheeseisfattening says:
    August 18, 2019 at 1:41 pm
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We’ll see.
    ———–
    Good feelings? Wow!

24. Funny how the vast majority posting are Vikings fans.

That always drops off once the season starts.

I’m glad my team doesn’t have that problem….

25. Feelings, instincts, intuition, confidence……take your choice. Whatever is easiest for you to ridicule. Have at it.

26. stellarperformance:
    ///////////
    So your defense is about the Vikings being in the postseason the most but not going all the way is somehow worse than the Packers not scoring any TD’s in the postseason all those years, or other teams not getting in the playoffs very often?

27. Wisconsin Narcissists says:
    August 18, 2019 at 5:05 pm
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Defense of what?

28. Wisconsin Narcissists says:
    August 18, 2019
    Defensive reaction to gtodriver’s post.
    Zzzzzzzzzzz