Tom Brady has won more in Buffalo this century than any Bills quarterback

Getty Images

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will head to Buffalo for yet another game against the Bills on Sunday. To say he has some track record of success there would be a major understatement.

In fact, Brady has had more success in Buffalo this century than any Bills quarterback: Brady has won 15 games as a starting quarterback at New Era Field (formerly Ralph Wilson Stadium) since 2001. No Bills quarterback has won more than 14 games at home since 2001.

Former Bills quarterbacks Drew Bledsoe and Tyrod Taylor have each won 14 games at the stadium since 2001, Ryan Fitzpatrick won 13, Trent Edwards won seven and J.P. Losman won six. The current Bills quarterback, Josh Allen, is next with five wins.

Even if you go all the way back to the opening of the stadium in 1973, only two quarterbacks, Jim Kelly and Joe Ferguson, have won more games as the home starter there than Brady has won on the road with the Patriots.

Brady plays the Bills twice a year every year, and as noted by Dov Kleiman, Brady has more Super Bowl MVPs (four) than losses to the Bills (three).

With all due respect to Kim and Terry Pegula, Tom Brady owns the Bills.

60 responses to “Tom Brady has won more in Buffalo this century than any Bills quarterback

1. Please tell me, which team doesn’t he own? Not a fan though, the cheating and ‘destroyed phone’ thing put him down for me!

2. I dont take one game for granted. It will take more than Brady to win. Also:

the cheating and ‘destroyed phone’ thing put him down for me!

——-

Did you know that the Colts balls were also under the PSI that night?

Did you know that the NFL told NE that they were done with the cell phone months earlier? Giving over the phone would have set precedent for other players.

Favre didn’t give his over either. Are you ok with that?

3. Oh boy. Look Brady owns the Bills, but he owns many teams – including many outside the division. And he’s 6-0 v Falcons, 5-0 v Bears, 5-0 v Vikings, 4-0 v Cowboys, 4-0 Bucs…

4. That is both incredible and insane at the same time.

Bledsoe being second on the list, even though he has been gone from Buffalo for 15 yrs, is also interesting.

5. Brady does own the Bills but that doesn’t mean they don’t make him work at it. Pats and Bills fans are both aware you’d have to watch the games rather than just view the score to know he’s had some tough outings in Orchard Park that aren’t always reflected in the final scores. I give the Bills credit for how tough they’ve played him, so does he.

6. This may change as long as Buffalo keeps the current coaching staff for a few years.

The Boston homer press pointed out this week that in the last 2 years with the Bills current coaching staff / players Brady has 3 TDs and 4 INTs.

Before that throughout the entire rest of his career against all other Bills coaches / players he has 66 TDs vs only 20 INTs. The current Bills coaches seem especially good at game planning Brady to reduce his effectiveness.

Should be a good game this week.

7. This is why it’s been a solid fifteen years since Bills fans and Patriot fans could have a real actual conversation about football.

8. The Bills struggle through the years to find a franchise QB is the only reason Brady has more wins in Buffalo. The math is there…

No Franchise QB + Time – Ancient QB + Best HC in league + Cheating & Scandals = Low amount of wins for Buffalo.

9. He’s cheated more than all of them put together too.

The headline really says Tom Brady is better than Fitzmagic, EJ Manuel, Kyle Orton, Tyrod Taylor, and Trent Edwards to name a few.

Uh, yeah… No duh!

10. I know the Bills fans hate the Pats, I get that. But your hate should be directed at ownership/management. Like trading the pick for Mahomes, and taking guys like EJ Manuel. When the Bills had their great teams, I didn’t hate the Bills, I hated the Pats management. And I know personally a couple of players from those great Bills teams, and if you think they were squeaky clean, well I have s bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

11. “The destroyed phone is still my favorite Deflategate red herring.”

Keep hanging your hat on it if it makes you feel better.

12. Lockport Lax says:
    September 28, 2019 at 8:44 am
    ___________________________________

It was a mistake to destroy the phone, for sure. But what people don’t seem to understand the basics of text messaging. If you text the ball boy, those texts will be on their phones, which Ted Wells examined. Therefore, any nefarious scheme to deflate footballs would have been on the ball boys’ phones. Wells didn’t need Brady’s phone for that. Unlikely he would have been texting Giselle about this stuff.

Anywhoo, the Pats rallied around Brady and won 3 more super bowls.

13. Definitely never expected to have to get through something like that as a fan. Almost 2 decades! Bush was just starting his Presidency. We were basically just starting to use email.

I’ll appreciate what Brady has accomplished after he retires. Right now, he’s the monster in the closet. It’s impossible to think rationally about him.

I hope the Bills can give him a fight tomorrow. I like this Bills team & where they’re headed. But it doesn’t mean anything if they can’t at least split the season series w/ the Pats, and they’re not going to have a better chance than tomorrow.

Best of luck to both fanbases, and here’s to a great game w/ no injuries.

14. People forget how some events completely turned the tide of the AFC East. The Pats would have had more competition if Pennington didn’t suffer one of the flukiest injuries in NFL history. Guy took over the 1-4 Jets for Vinny T and threw for 3k yards 22 TD’s and 6 INT’S in 11 games and put the Jets in the wild card his first year. Buddy Nix held back some good Bills teams believe it or not. His faith in Gailey and Fitzy was mind boggling.

15. Sean McGeehan says:
    September 28, 2019 at 10:54 am
    The destroyed phone is still my favorite Deflategate red herring.
    ———————————————————————-
    Many gullible people fell for the “destroyed telephone” red herring.

Expecting fools to grasp the concept of individual privacy while applying logic & reason is near impossibility. Using a simplistic four-word catch phrase to make someone appear to be guilty was easy with the media resources available to the NFL. Which is why the NFL made sure that the phrase “Brady destroyed his phone” was heard by everyone. The NFL knew that gullible people would envision someone taking a blunt instrument to a helpless phone and they would assume that evidence that was destroyed.

The NFL already had the 2 telephones that were owned by the Patriots and were used by the 2 equipment guys. The NFL also had the log information that Tom Brady provided. Which means that the NFL already had 2 sources to see all information related to conversations with the equipment guys. Which also means that Tom Brady could not withhold relevant information when he provided the logs. It also means that the “destroyed phone” contained no unknown information related to the investigation. There was no evidence on the telephone! So the phone was red herring which was useful in winning in the court of public opinion.

16. Rate This

Lockport Lax says:

September 28, 2019 at 8:44 am

Please tell me, which team doesn’t he own?

——————–

The Denver Broncos. 6-6 regular season record and 1-3 postseason record.

17. Sean McGeehan says:
    September 28, 2019 at 10:54 am
    The destroyed phone is still my favorite Deflategate red herring.

———————

Didn’t Brady get suspended 4 games for that and wasn’t the team fined?

I don’t get what there is to talk about.

18. Just another terrific stat for the greatest QB of all time, and another stat that will drive the haters insane.. again.. Tom wins again haters better get ur hating hat on time to cry some more

19. bullcharger says:
    September 28, 2019 at 11:48 am
    Sean McGeehan says:
    September 28, 2019 at 10:54 am
    The destroyed phone is still my favorite Deflategate red herring.
    ———————
    Didn’t Brady get suspended 4 games for that and wasn’t the team fined?
    I don’t get what there is to talk about.

——————————————————
    Here are a few things to talk about…
    * The fine was money taken under false pretenses.
    * The NFL is still hiding the PSI data which was collected in 2015. (Hiding information is the opposite of transparency and integrity)
    * The goal of the suspension was league parity. (Epic fail).
    * Science says that the Patriots footballs were below 12.50 PSI due to cold temperature and rain. (Science can’t lie)
    * The Colts footballs were also below 12.50 PSI even after allowing them to warm up indoors while every patriots football was measured twice. (Invalid control group)

20. Didn’t Brady get suspended 4 games for that and wasn’t the team fined?
    ——-

No. He was accused and denied it. He brought it to federal court and won.

The NFL appealed on the grounds that he (or any player) did not need to be guilty of anything to be suspended/punished. They won, because the CBA (collective bargaining agreement) gave them the power.

Have you ever seen the NFL say they were wrong? Ever? They admitted that they did not know about cold weather/pressure.

It was all about power.

Hence, the headlines about cell phones.

21. As a Bills fan, I hate playing him.

As a Football fan, I relish in the idea that I got to watch the entire career of the Greatest Of All Time….. but I would have preferred him to be in the NFC.

22. Big deal. I have almost as many wins as bills qb’s do this decade……..and I sit on my couch on sundays.

23. its the same MO. Before the game Belichick will fill all the heads of the Bills players with complements. Then during the game Brady comes in for the slice and dice.

24. Meh…Just an assumption, but I bet Big Ben has a similar record against Cleveland since 2004 (his first season in the NFL). This story is more about the ineptitude of the Bills than about the undisputed achievements of Brady.

25. It typically takes less than two seasons for Brady to get 14 wins on his home turf. Crazy that no Bills QB has topped that in the last 20 years.

26. Lockport Lax says:
    September 28, 2019 at 8:44 am
    ————–

The NY Giants.

27. It typically takes less than two seasons for Brady to get 14 wins on his home turf. Crazy that no Bills QB has topped that in the last 20 years.

Ya Brady has 6 easy wins a year and always has for his career….yawn.

28. The texts, video of equipment guys bringing footballs into a room, destruction of evidence etc. speaks for itself. Guilty and punished. Judge Chin agreed fully as well.

29. All this talk about the teams the Bills beat, but at least they’re 1-8 & not 0-9. The problem with a lot of Patriots fans is you guys act too entitled and get all offended when someone doesn’t look at you like God himself or kiss your behinds. The Pats thrive off of teams looking at them thru God colored lenses. I absolutely can’t stand the Pats with every single fiber in my being, but I respect the 6 Lombardis. I respect the fact that you’ve guys been able to sustain such dominance for a long period of time even though I can’t stand them.

With that being said I can’t get back 10 minutes ago. What happpend 10 min ago is already history. So if I can’t get 10 minutes back, I def can’t get back last yr or the yr before that. None of your previous dominance over us matters anymore than when we regularly dominated you guys before your run. We would routinely smack the Pats around for fun for super easy wins. Cake walk wins. As I said though, none of that matters anymore. We’re dealing with the NOW.

You guys have good players and so do we. You have good coaches and so do we. You line up we line up. You bleed we bleed. It’s not like we bleed red and you bleed orange or something. It’s ok to have competition in the division again. Let me make this extra clear. I HATE the Patriots with a passion, but I RESPECT the heck out what they’ve been able to accomplish. But what? You think this is gonna go on forever? In the history of life has anything gone on forever? Don’t be mad because these Bills don’t care about what happened in the past. It’s only two players on the team that’s been around for the bad years and the rest are totally ignorant to it. Our team truly honestly don’t give a care about anything that happened in the past. None of that matters anymore. We expect to win and are not surprised when it happens.

In closing win lose or draw, this game is huge but won’t define the season. You know your coach’s famous familiar refrain right? Good. So if we lose, then it’s on to the Titans and if we win it’s on to the Titans. If we win, we’ll celebrate no doubt, but no one will be running around like we won a chip or something. This is NOT our Super Bowl and this is NOT 2011. I’m hoping for a good clean hard fought game on Sunday with absolutely no injuries. 3-0 Pat’s visiting 3-0 Bill’s in a steel cage match and only one can come out unbeaten. May the best team win. LET’S GOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. Ya Brady has 6 easy wins a year and always has for his career….yawn.

WRONG as usual

Since 2001 the Patriots have only swept the division ONE time.

There averag division record over that time is 4-2

So this CRYBABY EXCUSE that they get SIX wins automatically is factually false.

But you know what is VERY TRUE….

Brady OWNS your SORRY STEELERS

31. And that will continue with the clown they have a quarterback
    ——————————————————————

32. All this talk about the teams the Bills beat, but at least they’re 1-8 & not 0-9. The problem with a lot of Patriots fans is you guys act too entitled and get all offended when someone doesn’t look at you like God himself or kiss your behinds. The Pats thrive off of teams looking at them thru God colored lenses. I absolutely can’t stand the Pats with every single fiber in my being, but I respect the 6 Lombardis. I respect the fact that you’ve guys been able to sustain such dominance for a long period of time even though I can’t stand them.

————-

Bills fans should be excited because the Bills are good, but maybe they are just a little too excited? It’s only game 4 and the results of this game won’t mean much at the end of the season. Ask the Jags or Det about last year when they beat the Patriots early in the season. It’s just a game and 4-0 would be pretty good.

33. bcsublime says:
    September 28, 2019 at 11:43 am

Lockport Lax says:

September 28, 2019 at 8:44 am

Please tell me, which team doesn’t he own?

——————–

The Denver Broncos. 6-6 regular season record and 1-3 postseason record.

_____________________________________________

He actually is 7-6 with 26 TDs and 6 INTs for 3,471 yards and a 93 passer rating vs Denver in the regular season. That’s 267 yards a game which exceeds his 6th best all-time 262 yards a game. The 93 passer rating would place him 13th all-time.

Projected to a full season those numbers are 32 TDs, 7 INTs, and 4,272 yards.

It would be hard to put the 6 losses on him with those HOF like numbers.

His 1-3 playoff record includes 3 losses in Denver and one win at home. Denver’s moon-like atmosphere certainly leaves visitors at a disadvantage and I suspect no teams like playing there because of that.

34. I think that it’s safe to say that the quarterback who’s team has won all those games in Buffalo has dreamt of having the body, the arm, the speed and the athletic ability of Josh Allen.

====

The skill set between the ears is what makes him the goat.

35. thecape15 says:
    September 28, 2019 at 4:04 pm
    ====
    The skill set between the ears is what makes him the goat.
    ————————————————————–
    Don’t forget that Brady was also drafted by a professional baseball team.
    Brady was a two sport athlete compared to Josh only being able to play football. Plus Brady already has 6 rings. It’s pretty clear that Josh is the one doing all the dreaming.

36. October 30 2016… Does that Day have any meaning to you bills fans? It was the last time the bills scored a TD at home against the Patriots. Sean McDermotts era only has scored 3 fgs…. I guess a TD would be considered a win.

37. Pssst Jim Kelly was 12-8 VS the Patriots.. 29 tds and 28 ints… What past are you talking about when you said the bills owned the Patriots? Dan Marinos record wasn’t much better.
    You call us Patriots fans arrogant because we expect the Patriots to win.. Well guess what.. We call you audacious for expecting the bills to win.. I am glad I’m arrogant.

38. What the one that Ted Wells examined 2 or 3 times and told Brady he no longer needed it when Brady told him he intended to replace it with a new phone and destroy the old one? That phone?

Keep hanging your hat on it if it makes you feel better.

———————————-

Yeah. Usually when I get a new phone, I immediately smash the old one with a hammer. It’s only logical.

39. pmlangan says:
    September 28, 2019 at 7:55 pm

————————————–

Always chuckle at that one since it never happened. No player ever has, or ever will give his phone to the NFL. What “magic bullet” do you think a phone contains anyway? They had all text records. You know there is a delete button on a phone- well, you are probably still a flip phone guy.

40. I don’t know why this gets overlooked but you need look no further than one cold, hard fact. The guy who the Colts claimed handed an intercepted ball to a Colts staffer and told them it felt soft, which BTW never actually happened. D’Qwell Jackson did indeed intercept Brady but denied ever having told anyone the ball felt off.

I’m sure it was coincidence that BB was told he was in big trouble and the PSI SWAT Team happened to be at the ready yet still “ran out of time” to test all the Indy balls, after they realized those balls were also under spec.

Yes, that makes perfect sense. See, we don’t even need to get into all that sciencey stuff. Just consider the foundation of lies upon which this sad epic was built.

41. Lemmy Aksyadis says:
    September 29, 2019 at 7:03 am

——————————-

Nobody also mentions that Andrew Luck inflated his balls a full PSI more than Brady- which of course puts the percentage of PSI loss roughly the same as Brady.

Funny that before QB’s were allowed to prep their own balls and the home team handled them, that in a game at the Jets, Rex Ryan intentionally had the balls set to 16 PSI- above the limit in order to affect the Pats passing game. Results-team fine only!

I know people hate Brady and the Pats- but anyone who looks at the Deflategate facts can only come away that Brady did nothing, but they just keep repeating the League, ESPN, and Peter Kings leaked “facts”- all of which were later dismissed as falsehoods by the NFL itself.

Anyway, in a turn of the ironic, those who think Deflategate was real and offered an advantage to the Pats now have to live with the fact that Brady must be even better in their eyes than thought since now he has has to “suffer” with proper inflated balls and has only won 3 SB’s since, and appeared in 4!

42. You mean to tell me having a franchise QB makes your team good? Good thing New England lives in a cupcake division. How many franchise QBs have existed in the AFC Least while Brady has been there….don’t waste your time, it’s ZERO.