Case Keenum on facing Vikings: I’ve been a lot of places

Getty Images

The last time Case Keenum was involved in a game in Minnesota, he threw the pass that became the Minnesota Miracle when Vikings wideout Stefon Diggs caught it and ran for a touchdown with no time left in a divisional round game against the Saints.

Keenum will be back in Minnesota on Thursday night to lead the Washington offense against the Vikings. At a Tuesday press conference, Keenum was asked what from his time in Minnesota means a lot to him as he makes his return.

Keenum said there were multiple things before adding that a lot of places mean a lot to him because “I’ve been a lot of places” during his career.

“There’s really no need to get more amped up for any team in this league. . . . The fact that it’s my old team? I’ve played long enough that if I keep going like I’m going I might play my old team every week,” Keenum said. “It’s adding up now, it’s just a normal game for me.”

Keenum has had multiple stints with the Rams and Texans in addition to spending 2018 with the Broncos, so he has certainly made the rounds in the NFL. That year with the Vikings is the clear high point of his time in the league, although it doesn’t appear that’s weighing heavily on his mind heading into Thursday’s game.

27 responses to “Case Keenum on facing Vikings: I’ve been a lot of places

1. I’m excited to give Case a nice cheer when he trots onto the field the first time. Great guy who gave us some great memories.

2. And you’ve rocked them all?

Actually, I wish Keenum the best. He played his heart out for the Vikings when he was here and performed beyond all expectations. I just think that he doesn’t have the best support from his team to pull out a win on Thursday, but who knows — maybe the stars with align for the Redskins and they’ll get it done. Or not.

I think the point spread is 16.5 right now..

3. And I said, “Listen, I’ve traveled every road in this here land”
    I’ve been everywhere, man
    I’ve been everywhere, man

Johnny Cash

4. I will be cheering for Case as he trots on to the field Thursday. He played his heart out for the Vikings and gave us one of the most exciting plays in franchise.

5. Its a bigger game to him than he’s saying. He had a great season & would love to show management that he’s the one that got away. Great Viking memories with Keenum. Go Vikings!

6. But for all the places he’s been, just like everybody before him the majority of his “are you kidding me?” stories are going to be about Washington.

7. I’m just glad people have stopped saying the Vikings should have signed him again. $18 mil a year? He’s done nothing since leaving. I wish him the best, but just not against the Vikings of course.

8. Wow the Keenum love makes my eyes want to roll out of my head. He did good enough to help the Vikings win a lot of games. That’s it. He laid an egg on the road against the Panthers and Bears to cost the Vikings home field. Laid an egg in the first half of the Saints game but made up for it with help from a whiff tackle. Then totally crapped the bed in the Eagles game.

9. Liberalsruineverything says:
    October 22, 2019 at 2:02 pm

____________

I think you might be misremembering, if that’s a word. Bradford started against the Bears and literally couldn’t move. Keenum came in right before halftime and led them to a comeback victory. No, he wasn’t great against the Panthers but the defense lost that one. The guy won 12 games so I think we can forgive him for one clunker. His lame duck interception that let the Saints back in the game was terrible but they won the game. Everyone was bad against the Eagles. I don’t think they should have brought him back but he did have one great season.

10. qckappa says:
    October 22, 2019 at 2:52 pm

Of course a packer troll, shoot can we just borrow YOUR officials about 4-5 games a year?
    ________

I don’t think the Packers’ officials would make calls in favor of the Vikings. We’ll just have to keep winning the old-fashioned way.

11. Wish Keenum the best except for this Thursday. He’s pretty slippery in the pocket — it will be interesting to see if the Vikes can sack him.

12. qckappa says:
    October 22, 2019 at 2:52 pm

——–

You’ve had more help from the refs the last few years than have the Packers.

Fact.

13. tokyosandblaster says:
    October 22, 2019 at 3:14 pm

qckappa says:
    October 22, 2019 at 2:52 pm

——–

You’ve had more help from the refs the last few years than have the Packers.
    ////////////////

The river Temarc, in winter.

14. tokyosandblaster says:
    October 22, 2019 at 3:14 pm

qckappa says:
    October 22, 2019 at 2:52 pm

——–

You’ve had more help from the refs the last few years than have the Packers.

Fact.
    __________

Prove it.

15. purpleguy says:
    October 22, 2019 at 3:07 pm

——————————————————————-

I do not like the Vikings at all, but it will be interesting to see if Washington can cross mid field, if they can score, if they can keep Cook under 200 yards, if they can give up less than 45 points…those are the interesting things. Keenum is going to get sacked at least a half dozen times. This game will not be pretty for Washington.

16. tokyosandblaster says:

He’ll be the best QB on that field on Thursday.
    ###

I didn’t know that the Packers were playing the Redskins this Thursday at US Bank stadium.

17. There’s no way Keenum isn’t still feeling the sting of *that* rejection. He really wanted to stay. One month ago I was certain the Vikings had blown it by signing Cousins and letting Case go, but Minnesota’s transition to greatness is trending. Besides, it’s on Case for signing into the dumpster fire in Washington. AP too. No matter what, Keenum made 2017 special.

18. chillyball says:
    October 23, 2019 at 9:01 am

____________

Don’t worry. And we’ll sit down and open our newspapers when Adrian Peterson takes the field.

19. chillyball says:
    October 23, 2019 at 9:01 am

VIKINGS fans NEED to stand up and cheer for Case when he takes to the field. If you don’t, you have NO class./////

From a packer fan no less. The same packer fans that booed Brett Favre when he played for the Vikings and returned to Lambeau. The fans that held up signs I will never forget you Brent. Or Welcome back to Lambeau field Brent. The same fans that cheered while Adrian Peterson was rolling on the ground of Lambeau in pain clearly hurt after a dirty tackle by Harris. Yeah okay fans should listen to you clowns.